Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

has anyone ever noticed this.

So I am honestly curious if anyone ever notices this where if you tell a sim to do an action while they are doing another action sometimes they will stop their current action and just stand around/sit around doing nothing for a few seconds. has anyone ever noticed this happening with their sims.

Comments

• Options
    plopppo2plopppo2 Posts: 3,420 Member
    It can happen.
  • Options
    brendhan21brendhan21 Posts: 3,427 Member
    plopppo2 wrote: »
    It can happen.

how do you feel about that. do you care about that when it happens does it affect your gameplay if not why not.
  • Options
    CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    yup

(post body count too short)
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • Options
    FeisbukaiteFeisbukaite Posts: 703 Member
    I happens a lot lately and I don't like it. I hate constant resetting too :(
  • Options
    yup

(post body count too short)

dose it bother you/affect your gameplay.
  • Options

are you someone who thinks the sims 4 is the greatest sims game ever made. and think nothing is wrong with and enjoys the game a lot.
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    Well,
    brendhan21 wrote: »
    It can happen.

how do you feel about that. do you care about that when it happens does it affect your gameplay if not why not.
    It manifests at different levels.

Group homework - ie children and/or teens doing homework as a group/or just together on a lot was a nightmare - it is/was a known issue.
  • Options

are you someone who thinks the sims 4 is the greatest sims game ever made. and think nothing is wrong with and enjoys the game a lot.

wait never mind sorry :) but yeah i do think that some people consider this a feature and adds a challenge the game where you get less time to do stuff idk i am sure they will find a way to make a postitive spin on this.
  • Options
    Well,
    It can happen.

It manifests at different levels.

Group homework - ie children and/or teens doing homework as a group/or just together on a lot was a nightmare - it is/was a known issue.

are you someone who thinks the sims 4 is the greatest sims game ever made. and think nothing is wrong with and enjoys the game a lot.if you are i find it ironic you are using the word nightmare to describe something in the sims 4 :)
  • Options
    HowGreatThouArtHowGreatThouArt Posts: 1,662 Member
    Is this a survey? ;)

Yes, it happens and can be annoying. However it does not completely ruin the game for me and personally I am able to continue playing. I believe there was a post about simulation lag----specifically the monster lag that happens in the morning when children go to school----and SimGuruNick requested saves.
    aSE16f8.gif
  • Options
    Is this a survey? ;)

Yes, it happens and can be annoying. However it does not completely ruin the game for me and personally I am able to continue playing. I believe there was a post about simulation lag----specifically the monster lag that happens in the morning when children go to school----and SimGuruNick requested saves.

how come it does not ruin the game for you. how do you mange to let not it ruin the game for you or affect your game.
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    I think a lot of cases lead back to a Sim on the lot that is causing the issue - ie it is no different than TS3 in that regard. Resetting the Sim can often solve the issue.

TS3 had global reset as a wildcard - TS4 does not, so you have to manually do it - ie find the Sim - ie you can't even do it based on the lot.
  • Options
    I think a lot of cases lead back to a Sim on the lot that is causing the issue - ie it is no different than TS3 in that regard. Resetting the Sim can often solve the issue.

TS3 had global reset as a wildcard - TS4 does not, so you have to manually do it - ie find the Sim - ie you can't even do it based on the lot.

how do you reset sims.
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    Is this a survey? ;)

how come it does not ruin the game for you. how do you mange to let not it ruin the game for you or affect your game.

If it were constant and I found myself sitting around waiting half the time, then it'd be a major problem. Fortunately it does not occur often enough to cause me to give up; people have different tolerance levels for this type of thing.

I do hope they somehow manage to fix the simulation lag so we can all enjoy a smooth game again.
    aSE16f8.gif
  • Options
    Is this a survey? ;)

If it were constant and I found myself sitting around waiting half the time, then it'd be a major problem. Fortunately it does not occur often enough to cause me to give up; people have different tolerance levels for this type of thing.

I do hope they somehow manage to fix the simulation lag so we can all enjoy a smooth game again.

well lucky you then if you are someone feels like its not enough for you to cause to give up. for some other people the only other soultion is do not play the game if it bothers you that much.
  • Options

how do you reset sims.
    Same as TS3 - Resetsim firstname surname
    ^but you would need to do this until you find the offender.
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    @brendhan21

I think this is the thread where SimGuruNick requested saves; here you will be able to find many players such as yourself who cannot play the game because of the lag.

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/914844/ea-silence-on-gameplay-slowdown-input-delay-and-time-distortion/p5
    aSE16f8.gif
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    It's annoying because it is the same problem as TS3.

In either TS3 or TS4 you can set up a queue of actions for a Sim and find they flush - ie the Sim can just empty that queue - the queue can drop and you, the player, are none the wiser as to why this happened. You basically set a Sim up to do this, do that, do another thing - something fails and the queue is flushed - ie, maybe they were blocked on an interaction or an error occured.

In either TS3 or TS4 you can end up with Sims freezing and those queues don't drop - 'the penny has not dropped' that a problem has occurred.

It's annoying in regard that those queues are not flushing - sometimes they do, sometimes they do not.

EDIT:
    ie, we are either waiting it out or calling a Reset.
  • Options
    like right now i want my sim to go kiss and hug her husband he is still eating and what happened they were both sitting accorss from each other just staring at each other it would be slightly creepy if they did not talk. oh and now there is no kiss or hug happening lol. still.
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    TS4 is also obsessed with group chat - like really obsessed.

TS3 pushed your Sims to Sims - TS4 pulls Sims - it pulls them because it wants to pull them to group chat - it was designed to do that.

So, in TS3, you could throw a party and then queue up an action to speak to half a dozen Sims - in TS3 your Sim would route to those Sims on an individual basis - in sequence - skipping where necessary if there was a failure.

TS4 pulls Sims to your Sim - it deep pulls them. If you queue this in TS4 then TS4 is going to pull them individually - which can be long distance. TS4 Sims walk - they can't run like a TS3 Sim could do. TS3 Sims could save time by running to a Sim. TS4 Sims - at street-level - pull a Sim and that Sim can take ages to walk to your Sim.

^All that to pull that Sim into group chat - it can take ages to pull 6 of them - in TS3 it is very quick and painless.
    EDIT:
    Baring in mind that you, the player, may never have even wanted to pull them into group chat.
  • Options
    TS4 is also obsessed with group chat - like really obsessed.

TS3 pushed your Sims to Sims - TS4 pulls Sims - it pulls them because it wants to pull them to group chat - it was designed to do that.

So, in TS3, you could throw a party and then queue up an action to speak to half a dozen Sims - in TS3 your Sim would route to those Sims on an individual basis - in sequence - skipping where necessary if there was a failure.

TS4 pulls Sims to your Sim - it deep pulls them. If you queue this in TS4 then TS4 is going to pull them individually - which can be long distance. TS4 Sims walk - they can't run like a TS3 Sim could do. TS3 Sims could save time by running to a Sim. TS4 Sims - at street-level - pull a Sim and that Sim can take ages to walk to your Sim.

^All that to pull that Sim into group chat - it can take ages to pull 6 of them - in TS3 it is very quick and painless.

and people say that sims 4 is a big huge improvement over sims from the sims 3 and sims 4 fixs all the issues the sims in the sims 3 had.
  • Options
    x_Always_Heart_xx_Always_Heart_x Posts: 567 Member
    edited May 2017
    I have this happen. A LOT.

Its really annoying to the point I just have my sims stand in the corner of the house for a while until I decide to play with them again.

Also they seem to ignore that you canceled a queue.
  • Options
    I have this happen. A LOT.

Its really annoying to the point I just have my sims stand in the corner of the house for a while until I decide to play with them again.

Also they seem to ignore that you canceled a queue.

i notice that too. like i am not sure how or why people can stand this or at the very least defend this and say its an imporvment over the sims 3 when yeah this is stuff we never experienced in the sims 3 yet here its happening in the sims 4 and its supposed to improve upon the sims 3 how is this improving on the sims 3.
  • Options
    I pretty much like TS4 - now that it has more stuff.

When the base game came out I was far from impressed - purely because I bought it based on the Bella Goth picture they used as bait - the one with her sat in a chair.

I probably now prefer it to TS3.

I am looking forward to Pets.
  • Options
    I pretty much like TS4 - now that it has more stuff.

When the base game came out I was far from impressed - purely because I bought it based on the Bella Goth picture they used as bait - the one with her sat in a chair.

I probably now prefer it to TS3.

I am looking forward to Pets.

i am still on the fence about the sims 4 i am hoping that pets and seasons may save the game or whatever else they have planed like i am hoping by the end it will be something decent but its like i have no idea if that can happen or not.