Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How do you waste time waiting for a new sims GP?

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    edited May 2017
    @stilljustme2 That could take a while, I might copy you and turn off aging for a bit with my testing sim. I want her to master all cooking related skills and charisma to test what all kids can bring for lunches ;-)

I have a restaurant in San Myshuno that has all the City Living food cart foods; maybe I'll send her out to eat while her husband's at work, then to the gym to work off all that food. :D And once she finishes the aspiration, nothing she makes will spoil so that'll be great for having leftovers handy for lunch packing or quick meals.

Instead of having her own her own chef station, I put one in the basement of my arts center in Newcrest as part of my wedding venue; she can go there to cook when the kids are in school or maybe leave them with Dad if he's got a day off.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    CalebFillionCalebFillion Posts: 293 Member
    Right now I am having a difficult time with sims. I want to play but cannot seem to settle enough to really get into any one thing. Right now i have 100 baby challenge on the go, a vampire challenge that I am trying to work the bugs out of, a decades legacy and a build new crest legacy. None of them have sparked that glow. So as far as ever waiting, I stopped when we got toddlers. I wanted them so bad I barely played any sims since 4 came out without them. Yes, even my beloved sims 3 suffered and they still do now. Then one day for the hell of it, I logged into the game and it was the very day we got toddlers. I was so shocked, so geeked, so awestruck that I immediately had to play with them and fell so in love I can hardly stand it. I did do the 7 toddler challenge but having worked with six before it was not that difficult. My husband and I both laughed at others attempts to have a two story house with them because we already knew that was not going to work. So I have finished that one and the black widow. although I did a widower. I do not play with the girls very often. EA pays me back with that one though, I rarely get a baby girl in game unless I cheat her. In my 100 baby I have seven boys to one girl. LOL Oh to answer your question, I don't kill time, life is to short, I just anticipate with rapture hoping that my game will survive it without me having to rant over CC again and that it will be fun to play. Honestly? I did not want this pack so not a biggie for me. Have not played the bowling pack yet and just recently bought city life on sale.
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    I am enjoying prepping Miss Peregrine to run her orphanage for supernatural sims.
    05-21-17_9-06-18nbspPM.png

She's just enjoying her free time before she is flooded with toddlers.
    05-21-17_9-08-34nbspPM.png
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    InvisibleaesInvisibleaes Posts: 1,526 Member
    edited May 2017
    @stilljustme2 That could take a while, I might copy you and turn off aging for a bit with my testing sim. I want her to master all cooking related skills and charisma to test what all kids can bring for lunches ;-)

I have a restaurant in San Myshuno that has all the City Living food cart foods; maybe I'll send her out to eat while her husband's at work, then to the gym to work off all that food. :D And once she finishes the aspiration, nothing she makes will spoil so that'll be great for having leftovers handy for lunch packing or quick meals.

Instead of having her own her own chef station, I put one in the basement of my arts center in Newcrest as part of my wedding venue; she can go there to cook when the kids are in school or maybe leave them with Dad if he's got a day off.

Oh that's brilliant! I need to do that tracking down all the carts takes too long!

@CalebFillion Hopefully the next GP will be something that excites you and works with your gameplay style then! I agree times short and Patches can be well interesting to say the least. Hopefully this one will fix more then it breaks lol I'd like my sims to all do laps again XD

@CK213 that's a beautiful house! I bet your stoked to start playing with the new GP.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member

Oh that's brilliant! I need to do that tracking down all the carts takes too long!

@CalebFillion Hopefully the next GP will be something that excites you and works with your gameplay style then! I agree times short and Patches can be well interesting to say the least. Hopefully this one will fix more then it breaks lol I'd like my sims to all do laps again XD

@CK213 that's a beautiful house! I bet your stoked to start playing with the new GP.

I replaced the gym in San Myshuno with the restaurant -- I love the view from there and felt it was wasted on all those sweaty jocks. :D I forget who built it -- I found it on the Gallery -- but they did a really great job. I'm the one that set the menu; I'm glad you don't have to own the restaurant to change the menu. Chez Llama in Newcrest is my Experimental Food restaurant. I have a different restaurant in each world, just to keep my Sims getting out and about.

I'm thinking if they don't fix the laps issue in this patch, then definitely by the June patch because of the Fitness SP. It would make sense to have laps fixed when you're bringing out a pack about Fitness.

I'm so excited about the new GP -- can't wait to get my hands on it and start playing next Tuesday. Hoping we get a second trailer and blog this week, maybe with more details about the family rules feature (setting curfews and the like). I'll probably have a relatively early curfew for my kids and a later one for the teens.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,467 Member

I replaced the gym in San Myshuno with the restaurant -- I love the view from there and felt it was wasted on all those sweaty jocks. :D I forget who built it -- I found it on the Gallery -- but they did a really great job. I'm the one that set the menu; I'm glad you don't have to own the restaurant to change the menu. Chez Llama in Newcrest is my Experimental Food restaurant. I have a different restaurant in each world, just to keep my Sims getting out and about.

I'm thinking if they don't fix the laps issue in this patch, then definitely by the June patch because of the Fitness SP. It would make sense to have laps fixed when you're bringing out a pack about Fitness.

I'm so excited about the new GP -- can't wait to get my hands on it and start playing next Tuesday. Hoping we get a second trailer and blog this week, maybe with more details about the family rules feature (setting curfews and the like). I'll probably have a relatively early curfew for my kids and a later one for the teens.

Apparently we're getting a second trailer tomorrow on the parenting skill :)
  • Options
    hmae123hmae123 Posts: 1,912 Member
    I started playing a rotational game a while ago after I got the mccc mod. I moved all my fqveorite premades into the city but my main family was a create sim that is a single mother. Since I want to use the features of the pack for her I turned aging off.

I did a makeover in willow creek, (evicted most of the families and replaced them with various families from the gallery) Willow creek is now full of various kids of all ages, babies and pregnant women and all kinds of families. I'm thinking of it as my suburbia to my city lol.

Then I created a single girl and guy and decided to play them falling in love and getting married, so when the pack comes out they'll be ready to have a baby too. To spare time I'm having her get into gardening, that keeps her busy.
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member

Yes I am! :)

The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    You could spend your time thinking up a new challenge for toddlers. Have a parent with six or seven toddlers and then think about what rules you want to apply to your challenge concerning all the new traits (once we learn more of them) and then you are set to announce your challenge to other players. The Parenthood Challenge. (X amount of toddlers have these traits, X amount of toddlers get these other traits, X amount of YA's who were raised up in this challenge have to become X amount of this or that depending on the parenting rules you set up etc.) :D

You can live in imagination, sometimes. :)
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    AmySims09AmySims09 Posts: 1,227 Member
    The way I waste time waiting for an GP is.... life-ing. Even though I don't have much of one I just go about life, doing stuff on the laptop, going places hanging out with people, etc.
  • Options
    SparklePlumleySparklePlumley Posts: 1,061 Member
    edited May 2017
    At the moment I am in the process of giving all my townies much needed clothing changes/makeovers. I'll have a buncha pics to post in that thread about badly dressed townies. Man some of them could definitely win some awards :o

Edit typo
  • Options
    aprilroseaprilrose Posts: 1,832 Member
    I spend my time building or editing my towns in TS4 or playing Cities Skylines.
    Simming for 19 years!
    Family Tree
    Playing Mod & CC Free

• Options
    PurrdaleckiPurrdalecki Posts: 972 Member
    Binge watching Buffy, and doing maths revision. Well... Neither is a waste of my time but... Also, listening to music, and you could also: read a book, do some baking, go on a day trip bc then that's a whole day where you have something planned, go out to dinner, and such. I get to do this on the day of my exams, *after* I've done them as celebration for getting out of bed. Among other things... But I get waffles. But I have to do exams. But I get waffles. But I have to wake up at 6 am! But I get waffles...
    tumblr_inline_o2epubgZOk1tbsl8q_500.gif
    My sims 4 studio with poses for download and stuff: click
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    Besides real life (job commute and puppy) I pulled a Brandi Broke from the gallery and I'm skilling her up with aging off at the moment in my new PH Tester game. I'm also trying to build up money and build a house as currently she has two rooms and a basement to live in. I'm so excited for the new trailer tomorrow(?)
  • Options
    AHolyToiletAHolyToilet Posts: 870 Member
    I'm doing a few things.

First off, I'm exploring every single lot in the game. I never knew about Sylvan Glade or Forgotten Grotto. Good places to take screenshots.

I also have a few mods that keep things REALLY interesting. I'm also attempting to max out all the careers, aspirations, and skills for my Sim. It's taking longer than I thought which is what I wanted, really. ( Though my sim tends to procrastinate )

With all of those and a few rules I had set for myself, it more than remedies the feeling of having to wait.

I also plan to purchase the Spa Day pack soon.
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,602 Member
    I tell myself that I'm not a family player. Cuz I'm not. :trollface:
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    CalebFillionCalebFillion Posts: 293 Member
    Did a bit with my 1890's family last night. So far I have built a church (back in the day you know lol) and a pub to help them out a bit. still not real sure about this one though. I think part of the problem is having to stop and go find appropriate things they can use and trying to keep him happy lol. I am also going to try some of the things you guys mentioned up there. Changing things around a bit. I have never done that before!
  • Options
    RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,850 Member
    @Pegasys I've been playing that game too it oddly does help to pass the time I don't know why it entertains someone like me as much as it does, I have a very short attention span.

I was determined not to do any family stuff till the pack came but I was still going to play and yet I have a growing sim family expecting baby number six anyways to pass the time lol. Though I'll need to take all cc out and have a fresh family for when it does come.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    It's killing me to not go and do family stuff In my saved games XD but I want the new interactions and stuff!
  • Options
    ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I don't consider myself to be waiting. I have interest in knowing more about the GP but I carry on with my life and with any gameplay at my own pace.

I have a big rotation and so I shift around a fair bit and do different things. Lately, I've been playing the Munches quite a bit. I've recently been focusing on Lucas Munch who participated in the PlantSim challenge but then went back to normal. He is good, loves the outdoors and is a vegetarian. He is a little bit of a European/German hippie. I moved him into Rustic Residence, where I've now added a second floor. I really like that house now, it's really cute and has a spacious yard with a patio, a natural-looking swimming pool with rock diving, and a landscaped garden with a patch for herbs and vegetables.

Right now, Lucas does not have a proper job. He pretty much works from home. He gardens and sells whatever he doesn't keep or use for fertilizer. He uses the workbench to make and sell furniture. He's also learning computer programming and I guess I could have him take up some writing as a sideline as well.

He's now engaged to one of his friends from his teenage years named Noelle. I decided that he will want a serious, no drama, long-term relationship and that he would look among the young women he already knew or was friends with. Two of his friends (both townies, Noelle and Mia) were good prospects, so I had him go on a few dates with them, at first together and then individually to see if there was a match. He liked the other one, Mia, but she was very weird and basically played games. She'd flirt a bit and then reject him. Noelle was very straight-forward and keen, so he friend-zoned Mia and quickly paired off with eager Noelle. I've said that Noelle always fancied him as a teen. They are now early young adults and I'm giving them a bit of time with aging off to establish themselves and get to know each other better.

Noelle is very artistic and does the 9-5 Painter career in order to have a steady income. Lucas is basically a "potterer" but that runs in his family on both sides if you go a few generations back. Eventually, they will have 1 or 2 children. I've got a lot of other families with children in my rotation to play as well. At some point, I'll probably add Parenthood to the mix. It's likely that Lucas will be a stay-at-home dad in that household because he's already working from home. The dads in my game are usually very hands-on and happy.

I might well switch over to other households for a while. Lately I've been doing a lot with Windenburg. I might check on Ulrike and Maaike or Siobhan who is now married to a handsome townie (one of the rare randomly generated good-looking ones) and has two young kids. Good-looking townie is named James Cole so Siobhan and her kids are named Rhiannon and maybe Jonathan Fyres-Cole in my game now. I can't remember Siobhan's son's name exactly but something like that.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Options
    KiayrueKiayrue Posts: 137 Member
    I wouldn't say I'm really waiting for it to come out, as I'm not planning to immediately purchase it after its release anyways.
    I was actually going to buy either City Living or the Vampire bundle next, however, I will probably buy Parenthood instead, as it just seems like something that will add more to my personal core gameplay.
    Meanwhile, I'm just spending time continuing my Amazon Challenge (which I just started because I just got back to the Sims!) and building something here and there because I'm very bad at building and trying to get better.
  • Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    I go to school. It's bored, but it spend the time. ^^
    Lu4ERme.gif