Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

sims should have adopt a child wish

its a small thing but I think it would really add to game play and story telling
if the sims could have that wish
more for sim kids and more drama please

Comments

• Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,757 Member
    I wish we could have open/closed adoptions that way the adoptee kid could still have some . contact with their birth moms
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    ashleynicoleashleynicole Posts: 1 New Member
    Something I've always kind of wanted was adoption. Like if our family has a baby, toddler or child we could put them up for adoption. I have a cheat and my teen is pregnant and I don't want terminate it I'd really put the baby up for adoption but always thought people wouldn't approve that for the Sims.
  • Options
    LevrondaLevronda Posts: 6 New Member
    I feel like if a child gets taken from one home you should be able to have another family adopt it, so you still have your character just in a different home, Also Fostering should be an option under charity, and special needs children should have an game pack, with physical therapy and classrooms and different abilities. Idk might add some depth and challenge for those up to the task. If they added that as a game pack i feel like they should also add orphanages, where you can volunteer to read to the children and donate money and adopt, it all being done via computer feels more like a mail order bride than receiving a child.
  • Options
    FanPhoriaFanPhoria Posts: 1,655 Member
    I'm always yearning for more/better whims, and this is the TOP of my "PLEASE GIVE IT TO ME" list.
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    FanPhoria wrote: »
    I'm always yearning for more/better whims, and this is the TOP of my "PLEASE GIVE IT TO ME" list.

when it comes to whims its on the top of my list too
  • Options
    Something I've always kind of wanted was adoption. Like if our family has a baby, toddler or child we could put them up for adoption. I have a cheat and my teen is pregnant and I don't want terminate it I'd really put the baby up for adoption but always thought people wouldn't approve that for the Sims.

@ashleynicole we can't really discuss tha part t here
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,937 Member
    In the Big Happy Family aspiration before Business and Athlete career update there was a goal to adopt a child. Now there's not.
    Just an interesting fact...
  • Options
    wow I wonder way they got rid of it @egonvm
  • Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,937 Member

Maybe players prefer to have their sims have babies on their own...
    I think there should be an aspiration that makes sims want to adopt a child and give them a new home.
  • Options
    EgonVM wrote: »

Maybe players prefer to have their sims have babies on their own...
    I think there should be an aspiration that makes sims want to adopt a child and give them a new home.

me to that's a great idea @egonvm
  • Options
    TerraTerra Posts: 1,353 Member
    edited June 2017
    It's the plummiest plum of plums that this whim isn't in the game. Sims 2 didn't discriminate - family Sims would roll this want all the time as well as Try for Baby.
  • Options
    well I wish they'd bring it back then
  • Options
    I'm still really hoping they will bring this back soon
  • Options
    crazycat_135crazycat_135 Posts: 1,349 Member
    There's a lot of really weird things that have happened in updates over the years. For instance they took out some of the rocket and abduction visual effects. I think it's just a glitch, but it's still weird. I hope they bring back the adoption whim too.
  • Options
    Kuma_frumaKuma_fruma Posts: 46 Member
    Agreed, Adding that would be great!
  • Options
    now that they can wish to adopt cats and dogs it makes the absence of adopt a child wish is made even more noticeable :(
  • Options
    ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    On the subject of adoptions, I have done a more open adoption in my game through Manage Households. I had an aunt basically adopt a nephew because his birth mother was a criminal who had no interest in raising him. She still visits sometimes but he lives in a much happier house for a child sim.

The Parenthood GP made this easier with the ability to switch the caregiver. I'll admit that it's not the same as an auto-generated adoption wish but I do have several sims choose to adopt for various reasons. I mention that adoption because it was an open one. It just wasn't through the adoption agency.

I say in my game that there is an invisible court system that handles the filing of paperwork for adoptions, marriages, births, divorces, deaths, etc. That's all stuff that I manage "invisibly". I think that I even let the adoptive family get 1,000 simoleons to mimic a small payment for fostering their nephew through the court system. It was to mimic what is commonly seen in some real adoption cases.

I also kind of function as "Child Services" in my game, so if a household really seems like it is not a happy and stable enough environment for a child then I do an adoption. That's the only one where I've done that so far. The criminal sim only had the child because she was blackmailing a wealthy married sim in the town who did pay her off to keep the child's paternity a secret. She was a sim who started out as a criminal townie in the GTW police station that I made playable. One of the detectives married her sister (that I created in CAS) and they live a very conventional suburban life with several of their own kids. The open adoption made a lot of sense in the context of the game. The criminal still gets occasional visitation but then goes back to her criminal antics. The sister loves her nephew and he is treated well, so it all works.

There's probably going to be a plot about the adopted boy finding out who his real father was. I guess it's a little bit like the plot that some people had with the Landgraabs, but with my own characters. He won't start out in a trailer like Johnny Zest though.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Options
    On the subject of adoptions, I have done a more open adoption in my game through Manage Households. I had an aunt basically adopt a nephew because his birth mother was a criminal who had no interest in raising him. She still visits sometimes but he lives in a much happier house for a child sim.

The Parenthood GP made this easier with the ability to switch the caregiver. I'll admit that it's not the same as an auto-generated adoption wish but I do have several sims choose to adopt for various reasons. I mention that adoption because it was an open one. It just wasn't through the adoption agency.

I say in my game that there is an invisible court system that handles the filing of paperwork for adoptions, marriages, births, divorces, deaths, etc. That's all stuff that I manage "invisibly". I think that I even let the adoptive family get 1,000 simoleons to mimic a small payment for fostering their nephew through the court system. It was to mimic what is commonly seen in some real adoption cases.

I also kind of function as "Child Services" in my game, so if a household really seems like it is not a happy and stable enough environment for a child then I do an adoption. That's the only one where I've done that so far. The criminal sim only had the child because she was blackmailing a wealthy married sim in the town who did pay her off to keep the child's paternity a secret. She was a sim who started out as a criminal townie in the GTW police station that I made playable. One of the detectives married her sister (that I created in CAS) and they live a very conventional suburban life with several of their own kids. The open adoption made a lot of sense in the context of the game. The criminal still gets occasional visitation but then goes back to her criminal antics. The sister loves her nephew and he is treated well, so it all works.

There's probably going to be a plot about the adopted boy finding out who his real father was. I guess it's a little bit like the plot that some people had with the Landgraabs, but with my own characters. He won't start out in a trailer like Johnny Zest though.

the thought that you put in to that is nice the adopt a child wish would be easy to add I really want to see it again it makes me feel like the sims
    want to adopt the kids
  • Options

the thought that you put in to that is nice the adopt a child wish would be easy to add I really want to see it again it makes me feel like the sims
    want to adopt the kids

I used the manage world for story purposes in my own story- Juliet had to give up one of her daughters due to a one-child poilcy and Selene went to her distant Grant cousin Raven but after her and her Raven's toddler birthdays Raven died and after the husband (also a distant cousin) remarried he died as well. Leaving Selene and her cousin Sara Wendy (Raven's child) as wards of Sara Wendy's step-mother
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    FanPhoriaFanPhoria Posts: 1,655 Member
    This. I use whims a lot, I know many people don't, but it's a big part of my game. I don't usually havemy sims make big life changes till I see the whim pop up, but I have to REALLY be concious and remember there's no adoption whim, cause otherwise I'll never do it. I LOVE adoption stories, and I've done a few of them, but the lack of whim definitely means I forget about it sometimes since I tend to have a very loose, go with what the sims "want" gaming style. Honestly, as someone who LIKES whims, they could really use improvement and refinement and overhaulling in general--this is just one example. I think there was a thread about that somewhere, I'll try and find it and give it boost, lol
  • Options
    I agree that's why I want the whim to
  • Options
    fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,530 Member
    Yes! I made a thread about this awhile back. It's just weird to me that they get the wish to adopt a pet but not a child. Especially those sims who can't have, but still want children.
    Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn