Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Small Look at Teens thanks to SimGuruNinja

I know this will probably be moved, but given the confusion of the new forums, just wanted to share @SimGuruNinja 's new profile pic. Yay for zits!...at least Sim-wise. As a YA that still gets them, they're a pain. XP They're gonna get some acne cream, right?

pQJOKNZ90LFBA.png
D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

I have no memory of this place. Time to start anew I guess

Comments

• Options
    TrowiciaTrowicia Posts: 2,027 Member
    It makes me wonder how they plan to adapt this kind of life experience in the game. From what I understand it was completely random in TS2.
    // take me back to 2018.
  • Options
    LosaruTaiyoLosaruTaiyo Posts: 10,807 Member
    Guess we'll have to wait and see. Also, appears to be a new moustache. Given the freedom/limitations of CAS, maybe zits will go under facial features, but also show up as some event. Downside with the former would be taking away uniqueness from the teen stage. Upside though, if not locked with the teen stage, some adults could have it. Thanks to my chemical make-up, I'm always prone to them. XP Not fun IRL.

I think if event-wise, it could be played around. I wouldn't worry it too much with storylines aside from specific ones, at much like anything nowadays, a mod may come out. We'll see.
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

• Options
    SkobeeSkobee Posts: 2,864 Member
    Trowicia wrote: »
    It makes me wonder how they plan to adapt this kind of life experience in the game. From what I understand it was completely random in TS2.

In the Sims 2 you would get acne if your teens hygiene was low for a long period of time. So it wasn't random. Maybe either the same way as TS2 or maybe a combination of random/fixed chances?
    Origin ID - RosyAngelina
  • Options
    SparklePlumleySparklePlumley Posts: 1,061 Member
    Acne or no acne. I'm not only disappointed at the lack of info, after the quarter teaser that came out weeks ago, I'm just about down right through with it. A person can hang on to the edge of their seat for just so long.
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Oh wow that's great. I'm probably in the minority but I hope it's a skin overlay CAS feature.
    I don't really want acne forced into a situation where I might not want it on a teen.
    I don't mind if they make it situational .. but the hygiene part isn't always true.. and kind of makes a statement I don't like. That people with acne are unclean. Now if they relate it to stressful situations, maybe..
    Some people just have acne no matter what or other skin issues..
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    The stress thing I can account for as well. That and...ahem...once a month if one can get that?...lol.

I myself, I don't mind as an overlay as it can work for stories, but if situational, I can deal. Can't wait to see a bit more sometime.
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

• Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    The stress thing I can account for as well. That and...ahem...once a month if one can get that?...lol.

I myself, I don't mind as an overlay as it can work for stories, but if situational, I can deal. Can't wait to see a bit more sometime.

Yes hormonal issues too lol.. I'll also be able to deal with whatever they throw our way on how it happens. I just kinda hope we have an "out". Magic cream maybe?
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    Hermitgirl wrote: »
    I'm probably in the minority but I hope it's a skin overlay CAS feature.
    I don't really want acne forced into a situation where I might not want it on a teen.

I'm with you too.

Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    CiarassimsCiarassims Posts: 3,547 Member
    I was so confused about what I was looking at then got so hyped when I realised our teens can have acne haha!
    giphy_1.gif
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,579 Member
    I know this will probably be moved, but given the confusion of the new forums, just wanted to share @SimGuruNinja 's new profile pic. Yay for zits!...at least Sim-wise. As a YA that still gets them, they're a pain. XP They're gonna get some acne cream, right?

pQJOKNZ90LFBA.png

Wait until you reach the age where you're going through the opposite of puberty (if you get my drift). The lack of a certain hormone can cause a few minor breakouts. :open_mouth: The only thing I could truly be grateful for was that when I awoke on my wedding day, for the very first time in years, my face was clear! I was 19.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,579 Member
    Skobee wrote: »
    Trowicia wrote: »

In the Sims 2 you would get acne if your teens hygiene was low for a long period of time. So it wasn't random. Maybe either the same way as TS2 or maybe a combination of random/fixed chances?

To follow up on that there was also pimple cream your teen Sim could apply to help heal them.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    taydevtaydev Posts: 912 Member
    Oh wow that's great. I'm probably in the minority but I hope it's a skin overlay CAS feature.
    I don't mind if they make it situational .. but the hygiene part isn't always true.. and kind of makes a statement I don't like. That people with acne are unclean. Now if they relate it to stressful situations, maybe..

Completely agree.
  • Options
    SageRainWillowSageRainWillow Posts: 2,221 Member
    taydev wrote: »

Completely agree.

Same here. I'm not a fan of acne. An overlay would be fine though.
    42959178421_482f6f6a5c_o.png

• Options
    Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    Sims 2 Acne was also genetic, if a Parent had Acne then their children are more likely to suffer as well, which I like.

I also hope we have different acne. I never broke out all over, I would get one or two giant pimples and that'd be that. Some friend never got acne, and others broke out everywhere.

There should also be back Acne, as disgusting as it is.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Options
    My sis actually had that as a teen. Was actually painful. X{
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

• Options
    joleacojoleaco Posts: 2,250 Member
    Sims 2 Acne was also genetic, if a Parent had Acne then their children are more likely to suffer as well, which I like.

I also hope we have different acne. I never broke out all over, I would get one or two giant pimples and that'd be that. Some friend never got acne, and others broke out everywhere.

There should also be back Acne, as disgusting as it is.

Wow, I never knew that it was genetic. Probably because I rotated between so many households I forgot who did and didn't get spots.

Whenever my TS2 teens had a pimple, I always had them use the cream. Did anything happen if you just left it? Did it get worse, or did it just take longer to go away?

Different amounts of spots would be good and more realistic, but I don't want to get too hopeful here :grin:

Ew, have to disagree with you here on back acne. I clearly would not want acne anywhere except in the facial region, in my game :D
    YmWXbP5.jpg?1
  • Options
    Donivan2009Donivan2009 Posts: 47 Member
    Honestly I like the idea of acne happening automatically to a teen, but having the option to buy pimple creams to clear it up. Maybe after two or three applications. Or perhaps giving the option to see a doctor in the GTW EP to clear it up in one visit. I really like realistic twists and challenges being imposed in the game like that.
    Check out my YouTube Channel and follow along with me and my Sims!
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCvopcWs_n2JCVWmTaNh1vUw/featured
  • Options
    tanakakitanakaki Posts: 240 Member
    Since the picture looks like it was taken in CAS, it could be a skin detail which I guess is okay so people don't feel forced into anything. I would like teens to start having some features that distinguishes them from the other adult life states. And if acne is something teens get randomly, I hope its not over done like the GTW illnesses.
  • Options
    PukingautotunePukingautotune Posts: 154 Member
    This isn't gonna change anything because teens still look the same as adults. Let's hope for them to bring back shorter teens in the game pack patch.
    tumblr_nz9zidvExq1s2nj6io1_250.gif
  • Options
    Jprp83Jprp83 Posts: 400 Member
    Yay acne! Teens will finally look more like awkward teens. Though I kind of want to be able to control who gets acne and who doesn't. I'm just a control freak.

Also let's not forget about that hair! It's gorg! I want it in my game ASAP.
  • Options
    Louise_G0325Louise_G0325 Posts: 1,040 Member
    Yay!

..or not yay :lol: Getting excited about acne. :lol: But it will be fun ruing my teen sims' lives. Making them feel the pain I have... *needs a moment*
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Honestly I like the idea of acne happening automatically to a teen, but having the option to buy pimple creams to clear it up. Maybe after two or three applications. Or perhaps giving the option to see a doctor in the GTW EP to clear it up in one visit. I really like realistic twists and challenges being imposed in the game like that.

We can already order medicine for illness on the computer if you have GTW, along with ordering repair parts -- should be easy for them to add acne cream to the list of items to order. The application animation might be a little trickier.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    PurrdaleckiPurrdalecki Posts: 972 Member
    edited May 2017
    ... Acne is good, but will we get our Kevins?

tumblr_inline_o2epubgZOk1tbsl8q_500.gif
    My sims 4 studio with poses for download and stuff: click
  • Options
    BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,595 Member
    Excited for the hair. neutral about pimples. If it's CAS I will never use it, but if it's natrual/like sickness that'd be cool but could also screw up some good pictures at times. hurr hurr

More leaning on the latter tho, cause I like the randomness of it.