Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sim Habits

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited May 2017
    Am I the only one who plays the occults as some sort of misunderstood minorities? For the most part, I don't let them give in to what may be considered their natural born instincts, I play them as if they have evolved (or are struggling to evolve) far above those. Some of these instincts are harmless of course, gentle nature loving fairies, werewolves who will play fetch with a witch's wand and have appalling table manners, and what's wrong with an occasional nibble on the wrist or neck if your best friend or romantic partner happens to be a vampire? I've got a genie who's planning to study culinary arts, even though he can conjure up a perfect plate of food whenever he wants to. Playable ghosts don't have to rattle chains and go "whooooo" all hours of the night either. Aliens, plant sims, and mermaids can fit in anywhere. Mummies, I suppose, might be the most difficult of all of them to socialize.

I hate freakin' stereotypes... ;)
    Post edited by igazor on
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    Faerie197Faerie197 Posts: 1,077 Member
    I let Sunrise give in to her puckish tendencies. But that's because she IS a fairy, and the fae traditionally don't understand human morality. That, and its when fae are serious that you need to watch out. Witches... you have to actually struggle to keep them from messing with magic all the time.
    Fear not the fae, for they are harmless. Anger not the fae, beware their wraith. Harm not the fae, fear the Faerie Knight.
  • Options
    TinySpaceFoxTinySpaceFox Posts: 1,110 Member
    I don't have Supernatural, so I miss out on a lot of occult stuff. But likewise, I hate stereotypes, even IRL. And I want the Sims I play to reflect that.

I first created my lifeguard Sim (Dave) as a jock-type guy, with the "Athletic", "Charismatic" and "Loves to Swim" traits. Back then I didn't care much for stories and I just wanted to see where these traits would take him. I noticed that he could build friendships well with many Sims, even those who might seem out of his league. I was glad to see that he was breaking the stereotype of jocks being cliquey, and the next time I play (in several months or so, hope I survive till then), I want to expand upon that, now that I'm interested in playing out little Sim stories.

I also have a nerd/geek Sim (Martin), and that was the first time I tried creating Sims with negative traits. As might be expected, he's socially awkward. But, he also has "Genius" and "Good Sense of Humour" - I thought that a quick wit might lead to a witty person who can think up great jokes on their toes. I think that a little bit of myself went into this Sim. I see him as an "onion" kinda guy (like me) who won't reveal all of himself to you at once and seems shy and awkward at first but is pleasant to talk with once you know him well. And guess what, he managed to make friends with Dave :P

I'd love to get World Adventures and send them exploring together. That might make for an interesting story :P

(Oh, and let's not forget the martial arts skill. Martin works in Law Enforcement (Forensics) but once got his butt kicked by a burglar. I'm imagining Dave just going "hey, you work with the police, you need to learn to defend yourself. We can go learn Sim Fu together!")
  • Options
    dothesmustledothesmustle Posts: 1,851 Member
    I am anti-perfection when it comes to looks and traits, when I create sims I don't want them to be perfect looking but then again I don't want them to be eye searingly ugly (hey I created a word red squiggle be danged). When it comes to personality they get two helpful traits one neutral and two negative, I tend to favour insane sims I like my sims like I like my people interesting and anything but the societal idea of normal.

All my families get on well and are well cared for, I just can't bear the thought of a child being mistreated, even a pixelated one. I love supernaturals but they are normally only permitted in my town if my sim reaches level ten alchemy. Likewise my sims are only allowed to travel to the future if they invent a time machine it adds a layer of challenge. I also prefer to play with celebrity turned off because I hate the scandalisation of having kids out of marriage or getting dissed for sleeping with your supernatural husband or wife.
    You can call me smustle or Lori if you prefer.
  • Options
    fionaloveserranofionaloveserrano Posts: 584 Member
    i really like to play "real life". I hardly ever use things such as supernatural. I often make families but when the kids grow up, they still party hard during their young adult life and work on careers/love life. I hardly ever use traits like mean-spirited and evil either.
  • Options
    KNORearKNORear Posts: 522 Member
    edited May 2017
    Appearance and life-state wise I vary my sims a lot (although fairies and witches are my favorite supernatural sims) as well as personality traits although most of my sims have family-oriented and/or nurturing trait mixed in somewhere. Every play through I attempt tends to turn into legacies cause I love seeing what genetics will do. I also usually give my sims a cat, since that's my favorite animal.
  • Options
    megan_mariamegan_maria Posts: 645 Member
    All of my sims have the "Natural Cook" trait as I can't stand wasting time when they burn the food. :neutral:

Appearance wise my sims usually all have the same look to them, 9 times out of 10 I will use the same sim as a template in all of my families. Whenever I'm not in the mood to play a "perfect" sim I will usually always turn to the Frio brothers in Sunset Valley. They are such a fun pre-made family to play with, their opposite personalities always make it a lot of fun. :) And both of the brothers are quite nice looking once you tweak their appearance slightly.