Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Day of the dead sims instead of plantaims?

Is anyone else getting Day of The Dead sims offering sugar skulls instead of the plantsims and seeds? I was playing. And have 4 of the seeds and have turned on tonight and i jave Day of the Dead sims instaed of plantsims
I have repared game and still the same.

Comments

• Options
    LosaruTaiyoLosaruTaiyo Posts: 10,807 Member
    Are you using any CC that might be affecting it?
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

I have no memory of this place. Time to start anew I guess
  • Options
    lilacksblilacksb Posts: 440 Member
    No cc or mods
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    Hello
    Try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated.
    Start a new game and test to see if the issue is in that new save game.
    Exit the game and then copy back the "options.ini" or "options" file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders from the desktop sims 4 folder
  • Options
    LosaruTaiyoLosaruTaiyo Posts: 10,807 Member
    Huh. That is weird. It may be best to check in Bugs section of the forums to see if anyone else is getting the issue. @luthienrising Sorry to bug you but you have instructions on how to reset the sim folders? That might work here.
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

I have no memory of this place. Time to start anew I guess
  • Options
    SimQARoboSimQARobo Posts: 248 SimQA
    Hello @lilacksb.

Is your game updated to the most recent patch? If so, and you still see this issue, would you be willing to send me these files?

- game save files
    - ConnectionStatus.txt (from \Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\ )
    If I don't actively respond here, I'm sorry. I can get a bit busy over at https://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/ct-p/the-sims-4-en
  • Options
    lilacksblilacksb Posts: 440 Member
    It is completely up to date. No cc/no mods. I'm off to work shortly but will check game later and send you the info. Thank you.
  • Options
    poochiefoof1poochiefoof1 Posts: 1 New Member
    I'm having the same problem! I've been playing the challenge just fine, then tonight I start up my game and there's Day of the Dead sims! I didn't get to play the Day of the Dead challenge so it's not all bad.. but I'd like to finish my plantsim challenge!
    I do have cc/mods but I haven't added any mods that should be affecting it like this. Pretty much just CAS Stuff. My game is completely up to date. Can somebody help?
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    I'm having the same problem! I've been playing the challenge just fine, then tonight I start up my game and there's Day of the Dead sims! I didn't get to play the Day of the Dead challenge so it's not all bad.. but I'd like to finish my plantsim challenge!
    I do have cc/mods but I haven't added any mods that should be affecting it like this. Pretty much just CAS Stuff. My game is completely up to date. Can somebody help?

Hello @poochiefoof1
    Move your whole mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and test to see if that helps the issues. If it does help, then put your mods/CC back into the newly generated mods folder in the sims 4 folder one by one or in batches and testing the game after each one to see which is the cause of the problem

If the issues still remain, repairing the game may help. To do that, right click on the sims 4 picture in Origin and click repair