Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Oh no, that is so evil

I just spotted an interraction I hadn't seen before mostly because I never felt the need to be mean to my toddlers. But apparently one of the mean interractions for them is "Crush dreams" if your sim has the evil or mean trait not sure which one is triggering this.

It is just priceless. Haven't had the heart in me to try it though.

Comments

• Options
    FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    :o Oh my, I wouldn't have the heart to try it either!
  • Options
    NotLoudonWainwrightNotLoudonWainwright Posts: 863 Member
    That's great. I may have to start using toddlers after all.
  • Options
    kaylaholidaykaylaholiday Posts: 224 Member
    I'm such a softie, I almost always treat my Sims really nicely and try to get them to live perfect lives. I'd probably never use that option!
  • Options
    MalisityMalisity Posts: 145 Member
    I'm such a softie, I almost always treat my Sims really nicely and try to get them to live perfect lives. I'd probably never use that option!

I tend to like bit of drama but I can't be cruel to the toddlers, they just break my heart when they are sad.
  • Options
    ladybreidladybreid Posts: 3,455 Member
    I get no pleasure out of any mean sort of interactions. I just can't do it.

wz3Vdbh.jpg
    Saying "not to be rude", then blatently being rude does not excuse rude behavior.
  • Options
    JagwithtudeJagwithtude Posts: 1,452 Member
    Although this is in TS3, I loved stealing candy from a baby, so cruel and funny at the same time.
    "If you could read my mind, I'm pretty sure you'd be traumatized for life"

Join us on Discord for help with MC Command Center @ Discord https://discord.gg/TKp3GqE
    The latest version of MCCC 3.9.6 go to https://www.patreon.com/posts/mc-command-3-9-6-15332977

Rrkznuy.jpg?4

• Options
    AvaSims4080AvaSims4080 Posts: 810 Member
    That's so sad! I could never bring myself to do that.
  • Options
    luvdasims55luvdasims55 Posts: 14,649 Member
    parents want their children to pursue and achieve their dreams. no way could i crush my toddler's dreams.
  • Options
    MalisityMalisity Posts: 145 Member
    parents want their children to pursue and achieve their dreams. no way could i crush my toddler's dreams.

Exactly, I still really like them adding in this little detail. It is not somethign I will ever use but for others it might be great. I prefer to help toddlers excell in all their skills and be happy little cuties.
  • Options
    lmusiclmusic Posts: 288 Member
    Ouch! A truly mean Sim would do this!
  • Options
    AfterMidnightAfterMidnight Posts: 1,020 Member
    I had Lily Feng crush her son's dreams since she dislikes children (MCCC gave her and Victor a kid). After that she went on a tear and continued to use mean interactions with him without my influence. I had to direct her to do something else so she'd leave the poor fella alone.
  • Options
    dominimpdominimp Posts: 162 Member
    >:)

The perfect interaction for Sims who dislike children indeed. Though personally I would never do this but if my sim dislikes children, then that sim would use this because it is part of the trait of that particular sim.

That poor toddler though, I will just use my sim who has a good trait to bring the spirits back up in that toddler so no worries =D

>:)
  • Options
    simm621simm621 Posts: 1,037 Member
    I had a teen do this to his younger brother often, together with their hotheaded dad who used to smash his dolls house up every time it got repaired, the poor child had a terrible childhood.
    Gallery ID: wiccanwonder
  • Options
    ratsrbestratsrbest Posts: 579 Member
    It's a shame that sort of ingenuity wasn't used for the mean actions between adults because that would sting.

Don't feed the trolls
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,570 Member
    edited April 2017

Not all parents are that way. Some of us encourage out children to follow their own dreams. I think the parents that choose to live vicariously through their children, never had the courage or encouragement needed to try to attain their own goals. And, yes, sometimes you have to tell your children the cold hard truth of what it means to pursue an acting career today. That can be seen as 'crushing their dreams'. However, most toddlers I know are just busy being the 'babies' that they are, without any clear vision of what they wish to be when they grow up.

ETA: I think I misread your post. What I thought I read was that parents want their children to pursue their dreams, as in the parents' dreams. My bad. That is what I was responding to. :open_mouth::/
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member

Not all parents are that way. Some of us encourage out children to follow their own dreams. I think the parents that choose to live vicariously through their children, never had the courage or encouragement needed to try to attain their own goals. And, yes, sometimes you have to tell your children the cold hard truth of what it means to pursue an acting career today. That can be seen as 'crushing their dreams'. However, most toddlers I know are just busy being the 'babies' that they are, without any clear vision of what they wish to be when they grow up.

Maybe it's more like "No, you cannot have a cookie." "No, you cannot have a cookie." "No, you cannot have a cookie."

Sidenote: The toddler next door to me IRL just learned No. :D
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    edited April 2017
    That is only perfect for the evil **** of a toddler. <I can't spell the word for the life of me, but the person in charge of caring for a minor.>

Once I had an evil aunt who ended up with her niece and nephew, and she crushed his dreams. The problem was it back fired on her, and he really gave her a what for, and became a problem child for her. He loved his sister though, and together they really gave her some fits...well that was until she was killed off by the wishing well. Good riddance to the evil aunt, I'd say.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited April 2017
    guardian - is that what you mean, LaBlue or maybe Au Pair?

I agree people should never be evil to kids. That is just wrong.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    Yes the word I was trying to come up with was guardian, but the stupid auto check kept putting in garden.
  • Options
    SimpatsyannSimpatsyann Posts: 1,309 Member
    I honestly prefer the evil trait to the mean trait because mean sims are so, well, mean to their kids.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    LaBlue0314 wrote: »
    Yes the word I was trying to come up with was guardian, but the plum auto check kept putting in garden.

LOL. That would drive me batty too.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    NoTalentNoTalent Posts: 384 Member
    This reminds me of the time I accidentally let it slip that Santa wasn't real to my five-year-old nephew. I'm laughing now because of the glare he gave his mother for lying to him. I can just picture him, assuming he was older, glaring bad being like, "You dare?"

Completely off-topic, but it just amused me.
  • Options
    Kilov17Kilov17 Posts: 1,795 Member
    @Malisity It's just my opinion given it's such a spiteful thing to do to a child-- Errm toddler, seems to me it should also be a 'Dislikes Children', even though they by nature wouldn't have anything to do with a child sim but seems like an optional 'mean' interaction that they could use with a toddler should they be selected to by player or a random, unexpected game action.
    Kilov17 (Gallery ID: SimOppresser)
    JrTlDGw.jpg
  • Options
    ArtsyBananaArtsyBanana Posts: 339 Member
    I honestly prefer the evil trait to the mean trait because mean sims are so, well, mean to their kids.

I like the evil trait for another reason, that when the toddlers feel angry or sad they become HAPPY hanging around the miserable toddlers from being near misery :D . They don't really care much about disobedient toddlers unlike other sims.
    See what's up in my gallery: Origin ID: ArtsyBanana
    I have finally finished my Legacy Challenge , these are the Levis (numbered by Generation!)
    https://imgur.com/L3Q6aQZ

• Options
    ZoreloraZorelora Posts: 54 Member
    Hate children trait so can crush toddler's dream :D