Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What is Next for Sims 4 ?

Comments

• Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    There is an article on SimsVIP that I read talking about how the developers *really* want post-apocalyptic gameplay.

I love TWD but for TS4, it will be without me.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    There is an article on SimsVIP that I read talking about how the developers *really* want post-apocalyptic gameplay.

That sounds like a future expansion pack like Into The Future, but I wouldn't expect it next year.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    TriplisTriplis Posts: 3,048 Member
    I just really hope that if they ever do, they find a more interesting way to frame it than zombies. Fallout is more of a bearable theme to me, but the ghouls are pretty much zombies, so that part is ugh to me. What I find interesting about apocalypse scenarios is the strategic thinking and reactive element of it. The idea that your entire paradigm shifts and you have to rethink how to survive and live on a fundamental level, sometimes very quickly.
    Mods moved from MTS, now hosted at: https://triplis.github.io
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member

Is that why we had a dystopian timeline in Into The Future? :D
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    How about 'Mad Max Apocalypse types?
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    TriplisTriplis Posts: 3,048 Member
    Loanet wrote: »
    How about 'Mad Max Apocalypse types?
    I could get on board with that kind of style. It might actually work well for the sims, too, if framed in the typical exaggerated/cartoony way. Like the guy at the front of the car strumming the guitar that spits flames is something I could visualize as fitting into a sims game. Just with a goofy component, probably, like he strums it and then he ends up on fire accidentally. I wouldn't mind a darker tone, but Mad Max style would probably be considered too dark if it wasn't given the goofy treatment to some degree.
    Mods moved from MTS, now hosted at: https://triplis.github.io
  • Options
    LenaDieters11LenaDieters11 Posts: 1,346 Member
    I honestly hated the zombies in 3! I hated that they ate your garden....zombies in my opinion don't make sense in the sims. I mean all zombies can really do is eat people and that is too gorry for the sims, so you end up with green sims that eat vegetables.
    I am all in for a post-apocalyptic world without zombies
  • Options
    BlueBlack007BlueBlack007 Posts: 4,480 Member
    I honestly hated the zombies in 3! I hated that they ate your garden....zombies in my opinion don't make sense in the sims. I mean all zombies can really do is eat people and that is too gorry for the sims, so you end up with green sims that eat vegetables.

I kept My Zombies locked in their home, I had a Doctor create them and he took care of them on his lot , he has his own home of course, so My Zombies Never bothered anyone, :)
  • Options
    GLovely1GLovely1 Posts: 797 Member
    > @Huiiie_07 said:
    > Pets, and HOPEFULLY a tropical vacation pack, I am waiting for this for ages!

Yes, I completely agree with you here! I would love to have island life again with control over resorts as another career option for Sims 4 ☺ I loved the mermaids & the scuba diving skill was so cool in Sims 3 ♥
    Please join my 💜 Quick Creativity Challenge 💜 forum thread
    [img][/img]kU5Eaxv.png

• Options
    AHolyToiletAHolyToilet Posts: 870 Member
    edited October 2017

I saw that post. Apparently, they're all fans of Fallout and The Walking Dead. Implementation will have to be done carefully. Post-apocalyptic gameplay would be a welcome turn for me in the Sims 4, but I say it should be done like University. You're contacted with the OPTION of going to another world, in this case, a zombie-infested world.

Zombies would have to be done carefully as well. Obviously, you can't make them too violent since the game would begin to lose its T rating, but the fiasco that was the Sims 3 zombies really shouldn't make a return. That is, assuming zombies would be added in at all.
  • Options
    GLovely1 wrote: »
    > @Huiiie_07 said:
    > Pets, and HOPEFULLY a tropical vacation pack, I am waiting for this for ages!

Yes, I completely agree with you here! I would love to have island life again with control over resorts as another career option for Sims 4 ☺ I loved the mermaids & the scuba diving skill was so cool in Sims 3 ♥

I think the Mermaids would be kool to see, but I am not sure that the Sims 4 would be stable enough to be able to have Scuba Diving work in it, but one never knows I guess, :)
  • Options
    Well I guess there won't be any new Halloween stuff for the Sims 4, which is not kool at all, especially since it is My Favorite time of year being a gothic type player and all, I would like more gothic type stuff in the game, so I am hoping that the new world coming Thursday is foggy and such so My New Vamps can also live there, here is to hoping anyway, :)
  • Options
    Simsfan99111Simsfan99111 Posts: 1,260 Member

This ^
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    I dont think post apocalyptic is my cup of tea. I wouldnt mind all the high tech futuristic objects like those from into the future pack. Was the only thing i liked about that ep and also the plumbots. I also dont want zombies back id prefer to get fairy or werewolf back.
  • Options
    Well I guess there won't be any new Halloween stuff for the Sims 4, which is not kool at all, especially since it is My Favorite time of year being a gothic type player and all, I would like more gothic type stuff in the game, so I am hoping that the new world coming Thursday is foggy and such so My New Vamps can also live there, here is to hoping anyway, :)

Theres a stuff pack so doubt anything will get added for free.
  • Options

I got that so called stuff pack when it first came out, so not much gothic stuff came out in that pack, nor after it so far, Need more gothic stuff in My opinion, :)
  • Options

I got that so called stuff pack when it first came out, so not much gothic stuff came out in that pack, nor after it so far, Need more gothic stuff in My opinion, :)

The vampires gamepack has some pretty gothic item that can look pretty spooky in the right setting. I love gothic so i would like more of that style too.
  • Options

The vampires gamepack has some pretty gothic item that can look pretty spooky in the right setting. I love gothic so i would like more of that style too.

Glad to know I am not the only one who Luvs Gothic style, :)
  • Options
    zubrowkaszubrowkas Posts: 375 Member
    Preteens, Seasons, Witches, University, Farm (?) Life, hundreds more stuff packs. I desperately hope we don't get an apocalypse pack as the game is so creature convoluted as it is. If they were going for something like that, I'd want it in the way we had TS3's Medieval. (Speaking of Medieval, I'd love to have that again for TS4!) I'd also be alright with an Atomic Age pack. I know the devs are huge fans of Fallout and I can't see how they'd go wrong with a small inject of what they really want.
  • Options
    zubrowkas wrote: »
    Preteens, Seasons, Witches, University, Farm (?) Life, hundreds more stuff packs. I desperately hope we don't get an apocalypse pack as the game is so creature convoluted as it is. If they were going for something like that, I'd want it in the way we had TS3's Medieval. (Speaking of Medieval, I'd love to have that again for TS4!) I'd also be alright with an Atomic Age pack. I know the devs are huge fans of Fallout and I can't see how they'd go wrong with a small inject of what they really want.

I am hopeful that I get to have more gothic stuff in My game then what I got so far , but the rest of that sounds ok as well, :)
  • Options
    Well I keep looking to see if anything New is going to show up for Sims 4 for Xmas this coming month of December, but nothing yet in the News on the forums and community pages bout it, I hope I see something soon, wonder if we will get anything New added to the Holiday Pack, or was that already added, I hope not since it is still November, can not wait for Xmas time for all My games not just sims, :)
  • Options
    This is the Xmas month , time for happy laughter and singing and such, but I do not seem to have the Xmas spirit right now, I have been looking to see if anything New is coming for the Holiday's, but I do not know , I am not at the Scrooge stage yet so that is at least good to know so far, I hope that something shows up soon or I just might lose it and go into scrooge mode, which would not be good for Me cause then I would not bother to get anything else that I might miss or need for the Sims 4 game, and that would make Me sad, :(
  • Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    edited December 2017

That sounds like a future expansion pack like Into The Future, but I wouldn't expect it next year.

Agree.
    I would love it.
    Some simmers build some of the community's from TWD.

Would love a more in depth zombies life state.
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options
    marcel21 wrote: »

Agree.
    I would love it.
    Some simmers build some of the community's from TWD.

Would love a more in depth zombies life state.

Sounds good, but I am hoping more for werewolves, :)
  • Options
    EliharbEliharb Posts: 476 Member
    If we're talking GPs, and if they're releasing two in 2018, I'm thinking maybe another supernatural like werewolves, cause then people who don't want them can skip over them like they would have with Vampires. For the second GP of 2018, maybe a destination one cause we haven't had those since Outdoor Retreat.

I'm definitely worried about them releasing something random and new that nobody wants.
    Playing on Intel Core i7-5960X 16 core CPU - 32 GB DDR4 Ram - GTX 980 Ti