Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Hey Simmers! Do you play or add Sims that are from the trailers to your game?

What I love about Sims 4 trailers is that most of The Sims that you find in the trailers are added to Maxis channel on the gallery so you can download them at add them to your world at your heart's content. The "City Living" trailers are pretty much my most favorite ones that I still watch to this day and so I decided to add two households that can be seen from them with the most common one being "Jordan" who was the very first Sim to be seen at all when the teaser trailer as she was seen looking at her surroundings before the full trailer was released. In that same household is Jared Q who is the man that is seen with Jordan in the apartment "City Living" trailer and then there's Danny who is the "Harry Styles" looking Sim who can be found mostly in the background of the main and apartment trailers. This allows me to continue their story from the trailers or establish their own stories but for me I simply added them to San Myshuno as new NPCs who I believed should have been there in the first place! They will serve as new Sims for my Sim "Blender Smooth" to meet! So Simmers do you do the same as well by going to the gallery to add Sims from the trailers to their game? What do you do with them?

dwaCuwk.png

tszd2W6.png

Comments

• Options
    TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    I keep all the premade townies. I don't even change/edit them, let alone delete them or anything like that. There are a few of the new trailer townies I wanna get too. I just wish they came with the packs they advertise for, like some premade lots do. Oh well. I especially like the girl from CL. She had this cute look in the trailer when she saw the city.
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • Options
    DegrassiGenDegrassiGen Posts: 2,168 Member
    I keep all the premade townies. I don't even change/edit them, let alone delete them or anything like that. There are a few of the new trailer townies I wanna get too. I just wish they came with the packs they advertise for, like some premade lots do. Oh well. I especially like the girl from CL. She had this cute look in the trailer when she saw the city.

I love Jordan! I just had to put her in the game and it was not right leaving her out. But hey if we can get that Sim in another form at least we have options lol but I do agree some of my favorite Sims are the ones in the trailers that did not come with the game that they should have.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    I keep all the pre-mades and add the Sims from the Trailer to my game. I mainly play with my own Sims and make all the Maxis sims their friends. I sort of ignore all the NPCs that are homeless or just spend all day walking up and down the sidewalk.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,595 Member
    I keep a few. I especially loved the vampire ones. The Romantic Garden premades were really cute too.
  • Options
    mariah6194mariah6194 Posts: 1,002 Member
    I actually have a save that I started recently that is just for premades, including ones from Maxis on the gallery. My goal is to pair all of them up, either with each other or with a sim I created. I honestly love keeping premades in the game.
    tumblr_olomnw8E5c1ug9tk9o2_500.gif
  • Options
    mebagl15mebagl15 Posts: 563 Member
    I have downloaded all of them and have them in my gallery library. The only ones I've actually played are the ones from Bowling Night. I placed the Rockn' Rollers into a house in Oasis Springs. I gave Lenny Aquilar a twin brother named Luke. Josie Jet played the Plantsim challenge and has temporarily been turned into a plantsim. I haven't decided yet what I'm going to do with Beth McGinnis. A funny thing happened when I placed them in my game, the game also generated them as NPCs. The first time they went bowling, the NPCs with the same names were also there bowling.
  • Options
    DegrassiGenDegrassiGen Posts: 2,168 Member
    mebagl15 wrote: »
    I have downloaded all of them and have them in my gallery library. The only ones I've actually played are the ones from Bowling Night. I placed the Rockn' Rollers into a house in Oasis Springs. I gave Lenny Aquilar a twin brother named Luke. Josie Jet played the Plantsim challenge and has temporarily been turned into a plantsim. I haven't decided yet what I'm going to do with Beth McGinnis. A funny thing happened when I placed them in my game, the game also generated them as NPCs. The first time they went bowling, the NPCs with the same names were also there bowling.

Welcome to the "Twilight Zone" where you meet copies of your NPC counterparts over and over and over lol
  • Options
    BrownGamerGurl1BrownGamerGurl1 Posts: 1,136 Member
    No but I like playing with premades. I started messing around with the Pancakes and I wanted to give Eliza a makeover, so I gave her fuller cheeks and fuller nose and she looked a lot younger and prettier, but I just didn't feel "right". It wasn't Eliza anymore. Changing their makeup or hair is fine, but once you alter their features, its not the same sim anymore.
  • Options
    simmer_whoviansimmer_whovian Posts: 275 Member
    Yes, I've downloaded most of the Sims used in the trailers for Vampires as well as the household for Bowling stuff (which I don't yet have, but I love the Sims from the trailer so...) and have them running around my game right now. I love that they upload them for us so we can play with them or just add them as townies if we want.
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    No I do not
  • Options
    ForeversimmerxForeversimmerx Posts: 167 Member
    Nope, normally i delete all the basegame premades and keep the CL and GT premades, then make my own sims to fill the worlds.
    195dnd.png

Origin ID: Foreversimmerx
  • Options
    JaseJase Posts: 2,147 Member
    Yep!! I also have a specific game save that I only play the pre-mades in rotationally and I also add the promotional/trailer sims from the gallery to it as well. Personally, I really enjoy playing out some of things that I've seen in trailers or renders. :)
  • Options
    Huiiie_07Huiiie_07 Posts: 1,200 Member
    The TS4 premades are the first that I actually like. I keep all of them and try to let them play a role in my sims lifes. I also add some of the trailers in my game, but I am slightly disappointed that not every sim from the trailers makes it into the gallery :'( I actually liked that guy from the vampires trailer who's also on the cover of the game, if you know which one I mean :D .
    Origin ID: Huiiie_07

I like to build stuff
  • Options
    SihuSihu Posts: 73 Member
    I love the sims they make in the trailers and I often download them to have them as neighbors. I often find them really interesting, they don't look like every sims, they have personnalities and reminds me of real persons. That's why I love them and i wish maxis would make more of them cause the ones I have are getting old and started dying. I need more!
  • Options
    BrownGamerGurl1BrownGamerGurl1 Posts: 1,136 Member
    Huiiie_07 wrote: »
    The TS4 premades are the first that I actually like. I keep all of them and try to let them play a role in my sims lifes. I also add some of the trailers in my game, but I am slightly disappointed that not every sim from the trailers makes it into the gallery :'( I actually liked that guy from the vampires trailer who's also on the cover of the game, if you know which one I mean :D .

The sexy black vampire :D
  • Options
    ToreshinboToreshinbo Posts: 561 Member
    I wish I kept all of the pre-made sims. I deleted them right after I started. But after bingewatching the trailers on the Sims youtube channel, Bob Pancakes became my favourite :P That poor man. But if another EP comes out, I'll keep the pre-made sims :)
  • Options
    LenaDieters11LenaDieters11 Posts: 1,346 Member
    Quick question: Can you download sims from Maxis and then just keep them as townies (no home, just walk around)?
  • Options
    sillyangel0906sillyangel0906 Posts: 5,405 Member
    Yes. I usually don't play them, but I like having them in my game :)
    Origin ID - Sillyangel0906

Q7wLwse.png
  • Options
    I8PIKACHUI8PIKACHU Posts: 572 Member
    edited April 2017
    Nope. I could care less what my sims look like. I stick with the default styles because I really don't see how they look impacts the game. I have never used CAS except for the very first sim when I installed the game, and it was simply the default style. Why spend the time when it doesn't impact anything?
    soul-glo.gif
    Let your soul shine through.
  • Options
    ratsrbestratsrbest Posts: 579 Member
    edited April 2017
    @DegrassiGen - Thanks for this thread. I had no idea that I could get hold of some of the Sims from the trailers :)

I've just downloaded the Noble Vampires and put them in a copy of the Vatore House, redecorated and furnished by me.

While I was in the galIery I snooped around for some Sims 2 characters and found a very passable Kaylynn Langerak. I'm hoping to find some more Sims 2 households and possibly their houses. I'd love a 'Sims 2' game.
    Don't feed the trolls
  • Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    What I love about Sims 4 trailers is that most of The Sims that you find in the trailers are added to Maxis channel on the gallery so you can download them at add them to your world at your heart's content. The "City Living" trailers are pretty much my most favorite ones that I still watch to this day and so I decided to add two households that can be seen from them with the most common one being "Jordan" who was the very first Sim to be seen at all when the teaser trailer as she was seen looking at her surroundings before the full trailer was released. In that same household is Jared Q who is the man that is seen with Jordan in the apartment "City Living" trailer and then there's Danny who is the "Harry Styles" looking Sim who can be found mostly in the background of the main and apartment trailers. This allows me to continue their story from the trailers or establish their own stories but for me I simply added them to San Myshuno as new NPCs who I believed should have been there in the first place! They will serve as new Sims for my Sim "Blender Smooth" to meet! So Simmers do you do the same as well by going to the gallery to add Sims from the trailers to their game? What do you do with them?

dwaCuwk.png

tszd2W6.png

Wow I am surprised you didn't turn them into nudist like all your other sims @DegrassiGen :joy:

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    MrMonty96MrMonty96 Posts: 1,715 Member
    mariah6194 wrote: »
    I actually have a save that I started recently that is just for premades, including ones from Maxis on the gallery. My goal is to pair all of them up, either with each other or with a sim I created. I honestly love keeping premades in the game.

This is exactly what I did in my game, and i'm really excited to play that save.
  • Options
    QuaayQuaay Posts: 557 Member
    I have a save with 4 of the people from the Backyard Stuff trailer. They all moved to San Myshuno together. I also have a save where I play Jordan from City Living but the city has changed her...she has tattoos and purple hair now lol.
  • Options
    BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    I will occasionally delete ones I find particularly annoying. Apart from that they generally stay as they are unless they're on a lot that I need in which case they get moved elsewhere. Very rarely do I play any of them and when I do I have to edit their clothes, makeup and personality first.
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • Options
    Huiiie_07Huiiie_07 Posts: 1,200 Member
    Huiiie_07 wrote: »

The sexy black vampire :D

He actually is on the gallery :D But I didn't mean him

I meant this guy in the middle:

xvampire.png.pagespeed.ic.-LV2Nvtok-.jpg

I think he and Lilith would actually make a good couple :D<3
    Origin ID: Huiiie_07

I like to build stuff