Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I got the coolest mouse EVER..... What is DPI?

LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
edited April 2017 in Off Topic Chat
...Well I don't know if it's the coolest or not, but it's way better than I've ever had. It's called BlackWeb 6-button PC Gaming Mouse. My old mouse was one of those cheep $9 mouse that only lasted about 6 months. I love it when I can upgrade things involving my computer. I love that the spider on it changes into 4 different colors. Don't have a clue to what 800/1200/2400/3200 DPI is, but it has something do with the color change of the spider on the mouse. The best part, there was 10 dollars knocked off of the price tag. Anyone know what a DPI is?

Comments

• Options
    cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    I'm feeling a bit stupid at the moment, what is dots per inch? I looked this up, and still can't quite figure it out.
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,602 Member
    It's basically the speed of your cursor moving with you moving the mouse physically.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    OK, thank you DEKay, that makes sense. So what speed would be recommended for this game?
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    The sims is a casual game and you shouldn't worry about fast mouse speed. 800-1000 dpi is the standard for most. I personally have mine set to 1800... It's whatever speed feels comfortable for you and this can be adjusted.

https://youtu.be/cAEb9a-dltk
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    LaBlue0314 wrote: »
    OK, thank you DEKay, that makes sense. So what speed would be recommended for this game?

Like what the previous poster said, the DPI to me, doesn't make a difference whether you're gaming or not. Your mouse will move the same way depending on your speed of the mouse, whether you're gaming or surfing the web. I believe you should have a button on your mouse to scroll through the different DPI (my mouse has that too). Then, just go with what you're comfortable with. 800 would be really low, means you might have to move your wrist a lot to the right or left to move the cursor from left to right. The higher the number, the less your wrist has to move around, basically. :)
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    Thank you everyone for this information. :)
  • Options
    After reading about the speed of the mouse, I tried it out in my game. It was there I really noticed the difference what the different levels do. Thank you again.
  • Options
    No problem!
    x3vZicL.gif