Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Family of vampires are addicted to drinking... not blood

I have a full house of vampires. 2 adults, 4 young adults and 2 teenagers. For some unknown reasons I saw them constantly getting a glas of water lately. Before that I had to place a fence and a gardendoor on the bar because they were addicted to mixing drinks all the time. Now I opened the bar again and instead of drinking water they are back to feeding their mixing and drinking addiction. And they dont even get drunk!

Seriously, what the flarb?

Comments

• Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    This happens with all sims in my game. Hopefully it will be addressed soon.
  • Options
    AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,836 Member
    I hate that get water interaction! I've been playing a few big households (non-Vamps) so micromanaging each of them 24/7 isn't entirely possible. When I discover it in the queue, I start screaming "NO! Get AWAY from that sink!!!" :# Luckily, I only have two in my Vamp household right now, so I can keep a tight leash on them.

My Vamps don't seem to be alcoholics (my Sim is married to Vlad), but maybe I'm not seeing it because I keep them too busy. Thanks for the warning.
    I have had many a Sim that needed rehab in the previous iterations. It doesn't surprise me that TS4 is any different.

It would have been better to tone down the attraction to the sink and bar for Vamps.
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • Options
    ZaszZasz Posts: 806 Member
    edited April 2017
    It seems I have no other choice to get rid of both addictions than to block access to the bar, dedicate one of the two bathrooms to the kids, restrict access to the kids only, remove the sink from the other bathroom and restrict it to the adults. But that doesnt help because the kids drink water too.
    I could remove all sinks but that looks like there is something missing and feels just wrong with an awesome kitchen and two bathrooms.
    Post edited by Zasz on
  • Options
    JACKIEJOYJACKIEJOY Posts: 802 Member
    The longer you play a save the more often the Sims get water. In my original vampire save i have a vampire who literally went from sink to sink 5 times in 2 Sim hours. It gets old after a while.
  • Options
    kati77kati77 Posts: 3,146 Member
    My vampires have started to do that (get water), but before that one of them went to wash her hands autonomously almost all the time. I've never had any of my sims do that before. I remember in TS3 a neurotic sim might want to wash her hands three times or something, but even that didn't happen autonomously, so this is really strange.
    01-06-18_5-09-41%C2%A0PM_2.png

• Options
    Im sure this will all be blamed on mods instead of getting properly looked at.
  • Options
    kati77 wrote: »
    one of them went to wash her hands autonomously almost all the time

Oh dear. I noticed Vlad did that last night after one of the woohoo sessions when I was instructing Makenna to do something that she had "jumped" out of. I found it a little insulting, but didn't think much of it. :D

Now I know I'm gonna have to watch how this progresses...

• Options
    Just to test things I blocked the access to the bar and they all went back to drinking water.
  • Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    My vampires haven't started doing that yet.
  • Options
    kati77kati77 Posts: 3,146 Member
    @Anmirla yes, it does feel a bit insulting toward your sim :D I wonder if the washing hands thing is only specific to vampires, and if humans sims do that (I only went back to humans for a very short time after I got the vampires). But what I've found about that behaviour is that only this one vampire does it. I currently have one other vampire in my household, and for a short while I had one more. And neither of those two ever did it. Also, it doesn't seem to be tied to the rank, because my vampire did it from fledgling, and now she's a grand master.

@Zasz It can't be blamed on mods, because not all of us use mods, and we're still getting it...
    01-06-18_5-09-41%C2%A0PM_2.png

• Options
    Removing the sinks and blocking the bar "helped". Two activities my sims cant do anymore. Im not happy about this.

Such activities need a cooldown timer so they cant be done several times a day. A vampire shouldnt require water or drinks anyway. An eternal cooldown or once a week only would do the trick here. Im ok with the bar tending tho.
  • Options
    Your vampires must think that they are PlantSims. :D
  • Options
    Interesting approach. I finished the plantsim challenge but never had them drink from plant sims. Maybe its revenge because I had them gather the items twice due to a corruption issue. Or maybe they dont like the challenge tree and stump and protest this way. Cant really tell with sims :D
  • Options
    Zasz wrote: »
    Interesting approach. I finished the plantsim challenge but never had them drink from plant sims. Maybe its revenge because I had them gather the items twice due to a corruption issue. Or maybe they dont like the challenge tree and stump and protest this way. Cant really tell with sims :D
    I agree with that, you really can't tell with sims at all in their little digital world. :D
  • Options
    RamblineRoseRamblineRose Posts: 814 Member
    I have not even started nor plan to do the plant sims challenge and my sims are drinking water like crazy
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    The 'drink water' replaced the 'wash hands' obsession in base game. For awhile it was 'use the crafting table' obsession, so they stopped drinking the water, now they are back to drinking water and or washing hands or both since they removed the obsession with crafting bench in March or April patch.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    I would be more ok with the crafting table because its constructive instead of a really useless activity. Especially for vampires.
  • Options
    kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    this isn't just vampires at all. and...just don't give keys out to multiple sims in one played apartment. sooo much time spent cleaning up all the water glasses after the friends barge in...

the bar is the biggest 'siren's song' item on a lot, it seems. even more than computers or tv. which is rather crazy. but those, easels, sinks (either getting water or washing hands), the crafting table... so many things seem to just call on sims from miles around "you need to use me. 18 times in a row. right now!"
  • Options
    Currently my household is mostly fine. They really love those holographic gaming things where they stand inside for hours. I get why they love that. But thats what I consider normal.
    I removed the sinks except in one bathrooms thats locked to 6 out of the 8 household members. The two remaining arent addicted to drinking water all day. Very strange.
  • Options
    Didn't we have this problem with sims constantly getting a glass of water before in the game? I'm getting a strong sense of deja vu with this issue. I'm getting this strong sense that we have been through this before, and it was right after Cool Kitchen got released.
  • Options
    I doubt this is connected to cool kitchen. I dont have cool kitchen. I only have the 3 expansions and the 4 game packs. No stuff packs here. The code for getting a glas of water is in the base game. I thought it might be a good idea to just block that code for the time being. But after thinking about it, people might end up with dead sims that for some reason starve when they cant get a glas of water in the last second before death due to starvation.
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    It might still be connected, but maybe not directly. Patches have a tendency to many times break or rebreak something within game. It could possibly be directed to the patch that dealt with preparing for that pack, so everyone that patched would have "got hooked".
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    I doubt this is connected to cool kitchen. I dont have cool kitchen. I only have the 3 expansions and the 4 game packs. No stuff packs here. The code for getting a glas of water is in the base game. I thought it might be a good idea to just block that code for the time being. But after thinking about it, people might end up with dead sims that for some reason starve when they cant get a glas of water in the last second before death due to starvation.
    I wasn't saying that it was connected to Cool Kitchen. I was just saying that I was, and still am getting this feeling that we have been through this issue with sims constantly getting a glass of water before. And it was right after Cool Kitchen came out.
  • Options
    musiclover13191musiclover13191 Posts: 82 Member
    I have this issue in my game with my sims(vampires and non-vampires) wanting to either drink at the bar all the time, drink water from the sink all the time or wash their hands all the time.
    Hogwarts House: Hufflepuff | Ilvermorny House: Pukwudgie | Patronus: Hedgehog
  • Options
    sunman502 wrote: »
    I wasn't saying that it was connected to Cool Kitchen. I was just saying that I was, and still am getting this feeling that we have been through this issue with sims constantly getting a glass of water before. And it was right after Cool Kitchen came out.
    I understood your notion. Its likely its connected to a patch right before or after the release of that pack then. But still, that was 2 years ago...