Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

❖ MAFIA ULTIMATE LIST ❖

Comments

• Options
    Crafty_Crafty_ Posts: 3,381 Member
    I would just like to make a public service announcement!

Since there are a lot of games on the list and multiple threads up, I would like to clarify that KEYEN'S GAME IS NEXT. We still need four more people to join, so if you're not signed up, go sign up, and if you are, go advertise! We need to get the game up a running ASAP.
    oh
  • Options
    KeyenpeydeeKeyenpeydee Posts: 9,280 Member
    By the way guys, I just want to clarify some things up regarding the communication of the mafia members. In a more simple form, the members of mafia always don't have daytalk unless the setup allows you to. A daytalk is the ability to talk at day if you are in a private communication like Mafia, Masons, and Neighbours. Since the mafia always don't have their own daytalk, there's a role for Mafia that permits them to talk at day and it's called Mafia Encryptor. Why would they create a Mafia Encryptor if the Mafia always has their own daytalk?

Well, I just wanted to let the mafia players out here to know about this especially for the game moderators/hosts because I noticed that some games hosted here lets the mafia have their daytalk even if it's not specifically stated. Even a newbie game on MafiaScum don't let scums have their own daytalk. It's not really a major impact, but there's an increased chance for the mafia to win especially for setups that don't SPECIFICALLY allow daytalk.

I also want to clarify that if you are dead, you are not allowed to play the game because you're considered out of the game. Last game, DeKay was scum and was killed. Thus, he is now considered dead but Sub let him helped his own teammates even if DeKay was out of the game. That's really unfair.

There's also a rule where players are not allowed to talk at night. We, as game moderators on MafiaScum, lock the thread when it's night. This rule is one of the basic rules of a Mafia game. I haven't seen any games hosted on that site that allows on-topic conversation at night. Night are supposed to be Mafia's turn to talk. Also, allowing players to talk on-topic at night may benefit the scum. This is also one of the things I want to let the future hosts know. This rule has a major impact.

While since we can't lock our own threads, we can let the players talk but not on-topic. This is a rule we do on Ultimate Mafia and we can do that here.

If you're gonna host a game here, please make sure that:
    1. You understand mafia by heart.
    2. You know what you are doing as a host.
    3. You completely understand the setup.

If you are unsure of what you are doing as a host, don't hesitate to PM me. I'm not really a pro-player, but I host complex games like this on MafiaScum. There's also a requirements of being a host/moderator of a game on that forum, but I can't apply that to this forum as the players are really few compared to that site.

Hopefully, future hosts/moderators of this game on this forum will do better.
    Queen of Rap, Nicki Minaj // minajsalad
    tumblr_nijden3ooM1qb9pa3o1_500.gifv

• Options
    By the way guys, I just want to clarify some things up regarding the communication of the mafia members. In a more simple form, the members of mafia always don't have daytalk unless the setup allows you to. A daytalk is the ability to talk at day if you are in a private communication like Mafia, Masons, and Neighbours. Since the mafia always don't have their own daytalk, there's a role for Mafia that permits them to talk at day and it's called Mafia Encryptor. Why would they create a Mafia Encryptor if the Mafia always has their own daytalk?

Well, I just wanted to let the mafia players out here to know about this especially for the game moderators/hosts because I noticed that some games hosted here lets the mafia have their daytalk even if it's not specifically stated. Even a newbie game on MafiaScum don't let scums have their own daytalk. It's not really a major impact, but there's an increased chance for the mafia to win especially for setups that don't SPECIFICALLY allow daytalk.

I also want to clarify that if you are dead, you are not allowed to play the game because you're considered out of the game. Last game, DeKay was scum and was killed. Thus, he is now considered dead but Sub let him helped his own teammates even if DeKay was out of the game. That's really unfair.

There's also a rule where players are not allowed to talk at night. We, as game moderators on MafiaScum, lock the thread when it's night. This rule is one of the basic rules of a Mafia game. I haven't seen any games hosted on that site that allows on-topic conversation at night. Night are supposed to be Mafia's turn to talk. Also, allowing players to talk on-topic at night may benefit the scum. This is also one of the things I want to let the future hosts know. This rule has a major impact.

While since we can't lock our own threads, we can let the players talk but not on-topic. This is a rule we do on Ultimate Mafia and we can do that here.

If you're gonna host a game here, please make sure that:
    1. You understand mafia by heart.
    2. You know what you are doing as a host.
    3. You completely understand the setup.

If you are unsure of what you are doing as a host, don't hesitate to PM me. I'm not really a pro-player, but I host complex games like this on MafiaScum. There's also a requirements of being a host/moderator of a game on that forum, but I can't apply that to this forum as the players are really few compared to that site.

Hopefully, future hosts/moderators of this game on this forum will do better.

I'll continue to host with on-topic chat at night. You can do what you like, though. (I will not allow daytalk if it isn't stated, but most of the setups I've hosted allow daytalk. :) )
    oh
  • Options
    That's like doing what shouldn't be done. I'm not telling this because I want people to do what I want to do. It's basically on the rules of mafia lol. But whatever :) I'm just trying to help you guys and I feel like my help isn't needed :) .

• Options
    That's like doing what shouldn't be done. I'm not telling this because I want people to do what I want to do. It's basically on the rules of mafia lol. But whatever :) I'm just trying to help you guys and I feel like my help isn't needed :) .

Your experience is needed! I just prefer to let people discuss all the time.
    oh
  • Options
    CraftyKat wrote: »

Your experience is needed! I just prefer to let people discuss all the time.

Alright lol :)

• Options
    Fancy new updates on the original post

idk

Go sign up for DJ's game
    oh
  • Options
    bellagorillabellagorilla Posts: 6,891 Member
    edited June 2017
    Hey @CraftyKat , @SilentWolf101 and I would like to be added to the waiting list, please. We'd like to co-host a U-pick duck, duck, goose!
    Post edited by bellagorilla on
    7dW3gu7.gif
    Most likely caught as scum and best theme-Google Translate, 4th annual Scummies win!
  • Options
    Hey @CraftyKat , @SilentWolf101 and I would like to be added to the waiting list, please. We'd like to co-host a U-pick duck, duck, goose!

This post happened on June 23rd. Iceman also asked on June 23rd. Idk who said it first, but I saw this second, so I'll add you after Iceman. I hope that's ok?
    oh
  • Options

Also, you may want to pick a different setup. Duck Duck Goose is nice, but it's very swingy and we'll have had two of those games already and maybe want something new. It's your choice.
    oh
  • Options

This post happened on June 23rd. Iceman also asked on June 23rd. Idk who said it first, but I saw this second, so I'll add you after Iceman. I hope that's ok?

I think I posted second so it's all good. :3

Also, you may want to pick a different setup. Duck Duck Goose is nice, but it's very swingy and we'll have had two of those games already and maybe want something new. It's your choice.

And @SilentWolf101 and I can look into different setups. ^.^
    7dW3gu7.gif
    Most likely caught as scum and best theme-Google Translate, 4th annual Scummies win!
  • Options

Great, thanks :)
    oh
  • Options
    edited June 2017

@SilentWolf101 and I decided on the Bugs Bunny setup for a U-pick cartoon characters mafia game. :3
    7dW3gu7.gif
  • Options
    Broncos4lifeBroncos4life Posts: 11,798 Member

@SilentWolf101 and I decided on the Bugs Bunny setup for a U-pick cartoon characters mafia game. :3

Looking at the setup, perhaps we could add a mafia goon to balance the setup better, and maybe make one of the vanilla townies a power role like cop? Keyen is big on games being balanced, so maybe he could give you some help with balancing the setup as well.
    Do you like solving a mystery? Come join a mafia game!
    Link: here!

71t7p4hX88L._AC_SL1500_.jpg
  • Options

Looking at the setup, perhaps we could add a mafia goon to balance the setup better, and maybe make one of the vanilla townies a power role like cop? Keyen is big on games being balanced, so maybe he could give you some help with balancing the setup as well.

Yeah ask Keyen.
    oh
  • Options
    SilentWolf101SilentWolf101 Posts: 3,898 Member

Thank you. :)@Keyenpeydee perhaps you could enlighten us on this? :)
    ~Open your mind before your mouth~
    Yes, I'm still working on my stories. But I am restarting them (again). Links will come when they're up. :)
    Come Join The Mafia! | Monthly Simlit Story Challenges
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    Hmmm that would make it more unbalanced since mafia has no counter role for town cop and doctor. I believe that 2 goons and 1 doctor made it unbalanced.

Btw guys, It's been 1 year since we all played mafia games here and I think I should host a scummer awards (Game of the Year, Best player, etc.)

What do you all think?

• Options
    Hmmm that would make it more unbalanced since mafia has no counter role for town cop and doctor. I believe that 2 goons and 1 doctor made it unbalanced.

Btw guys, It's been 1 year since we all played mafia games here and I think I should host a scummer awards (Game of the Year, Best player, etc.)

What do you all think?

So maybe 3 or 4 goons and 1 doctor? And I like the idea of awards.
    7dW3gu7.gif
  • Options
    edited June 2017

What do you all think?

YAS AWARDS START THE THREAD LET'S GET THE POLLS GOING CAN I HELP @Keyenpeydee
    oh
  • Options

What do you all think?

YES!!!!! I'll help too, just let me know!

• Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member

What do you all think?

That would be nice. Too bad some of the people we've played with a year ago aren't active now.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    icmnfrsh wrote: »

What do you all think?

That would be nice. Too bad some of the people we've played with a year ago aren't active now.

There's an award or two I'd like for Luna to win for sure, as well as some of the players from like Crafty's game and before that, that haven't been heard from since. I'm just glad Crafty's back for this! :D

• Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Yeah, at least some of us are still here. :)
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    icmnfrsh wrote: »
    Yeah, at least some of us are still here. :)

Yeah :)