Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

We need cemeteries... this is ridiculous.

Comments

• Options
    SarahsShadySarahsShady Posts: 963 Member
    Absolutely, a cemetery is a must have for any type of realism. I would love to be able to keep the dead on 1 lot. Without them getting culled!
    I made 1 in TS2 when there were lots to spare, in ts4 though it's hard to make anymore room. Please EA think about making a designated lot for a cemetery?
    giphy.gif

Please Bring Back Toddlers, Realistic Teenagers and Create a World.
    Make the Sims (4) Great Again<3

• Options
    InfinitexSimsInfinitexSims Posts: 239 Member
    I agree !
    chimera-evil-gif-teen-wolf-Favim.com-3963872.gif
    Theo♥
  • Options
    MiataPlayMiataPlay Posts: 6,095 Member
    Another needed gameplay feature. Please add cemeteries back to the game..maybe with Seasons or Pets. The best would be a base patch! :)
  • Options
    IrishAussieIrishAussie Posts: 63 Member
    I definitely agree! It would be nice to have cemeteries, but then there is space issue that a lot of TS4 players are getting in their worlds so it would be difficult and overall mixed issue :neutral:
    ~My level of sarcasm has gotten to point where I don't know if I'm kidding or not.~
  • Options
    NectereNectere Posts: 1,002 Member
    I would be happy with the dead dropping an urn right where they fell and it be avail for any player directed sim to pick it up and do what they please with. Thats the real issue for me, the dead dying and not leaving behind any urns unless I am playing them.
    Mods should enhance my game, not fix it.
    Origin ID NectereSim
  • Options
    keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    YEAH!!

I also want the ability to purge the ghosts out too.
  • Options
    heatherXkittyheatherXkitty Posts: 307 Member
    We definitely need cemeteries. Some of you said there are space issues and I totally agree, with how many lot types that get added we are forced to remove houses to free up space. I like my neighborhoods to be filled at least 70% with houses cause it looks better that way.

I've been thinking for a while now that they should either add another world like newcrest OR add more neighborhood zones in newcrest.
    banner_3.jpg?w=1200
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited April 2017
    We definitely need cemeteries. Some of you said there are space issues and I totally agree, with how many lot types that get added we are forced to remove houses to free up space. I like my neighborhoods to be filled at least 70% with houses cause it looks better that way.

I've been thinking for a while now that they should either add another world like newcrest OR add more neighborhood zones in newcrest.

We could use a business area with many different sized lots in it. From Amusement parks lots (largest lots) to other sized business lots such as 40x30, 20x15 etc. It should look like a very busy business district. With streets in front and behind the lots so businesses could be located to the side (on side streets) behind and in front of other businesses..where Sims walk on all the streets (no fake backdrop roads) and preferably open/semi open world. The lot stays (closed) until you click 'look at' and then you can see inside. I hope they do that in a world for TS4.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »

We could use a business area with many different sized lots in it. From Amusement parks lots (largest lots) to other sized business lots such as 40x30, 20x15 etc. It should look like a very busy business district. With streets in front and behind the lots so businesses could be located to the side (on side streets) behind and in front of other businesses..where Sims walk on all the streets (no fake backdrop roads) and preferably open/semi open world. The lot stays (closed) until you click 'look at' and then you can see inside. I hope they do that in a world for TS4.
    What you are talking about sounds like an entire world to me.
  • Options
    LoveMeHateMeLoveMeHateMe Posts: 40 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »

I want that! I agree we need more space for different types of lots and that sounds amazing! I want cemeteries to come back so badly as well. I loved how simple it was to handle deceased Sims in 3.
  • Options
    Samcharles74Samcharles74 Posts: 257 Member
    I miss cemeteries a lot too. I miss the mausoleum adventures most of all. There was something about them I found very fun.
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    i fully disagree i do not went to see cimetarys or gravestones in my game and the best way for me to avoid that is to keep aging fully off including aging off for sims i do not play
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    Huiiie_07Huiiie_07 Posts: 1,200 Member
    i fully disagree i do not went to see cimetarys or gravestones in my game and the best way for me to avoid that is to keep aging fully off including aging off for sims i do not play

So IF cemeteries would be patched in, and these venues just stay in the gallery, you don't need to place them... So why fully disagree, even though other players want them so badly, they'd be fully avoidable.
    Origin ID: Huiiie_07

I like to build stuff
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member

You wouldn't be affected if your Sims never die or no townies ever die in your game. What people want is a way to put all those dead townie ghosts back in a cemetery if they wanted to keep that ghost. The game at this moment doesn't save an urn or headstone for them so no way to rid the game of them in the normal way like send to netherworld or whatever, other than going into manage households and delete all of them. People might want their headstone or urn and a cemetery code would solve this problem. If no one in your game ever dies then it won't affect your game.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    Yes please!

I play pretty much all of the households, most often I do the usual ritual-death-pool for my sims so I can keep tabs on them but sometimes I slip up. I wish that there was a way for me as a player to have greater control over death, what happens with a sim when it dies. Is it gone from the game forever or kept around as a ghost. Since I am a rotational player this is a constant headache.
  • Options
    SparklePlumleySparklePlumley Posts: 1,061 Member
    When I saw the results of the SP vote, I was surprised to say the least. I thought for sure, the cemetery and funeral pack or the wedding pack would have won. The problems with death, and weddings have been talked about for so long, by many simmers, and I just thought everyone would be excited to have those issues addressed. I missed the vote myself, but if I had voted Eco living would've been my last choice. Cemeteries and funerals would've been my first!
    Graham said those stuff pack ideas might be used in future, I sure hope so, and the problem with losing urns and tombstones is solved.
  • Options
    When I saw the results of the SP vote, I was surprised to say the least. I thought for sure, the cemetery and funeral pack or the wedding pack would have won. The problems with death, and weddings have been talked about for so long, by many simmers, and I just thought everyone would be excited to have those issues addressed. I missed the vote myself, but if I had voted Eco living would've been my last choice. Cemeteries and funerals would've been my first!
    Graham said those stuff pack ideas might be used in future, I sure hope so, and the problem with losing urns and tombstones is solved.

I believe that the majority of people that voted for eco living voted because they want laundry super badly. I don't understand what laundry has to do with eco living or why ea thought to include laundry in this. If you look at grahams forum section you can see a lot of people are referring to it as a laundry pack, even though that's not what it is. I want laundry as much as the next person, but not in an eco based pack.

I voted for eco because of the laundry, if laundry wasn't listed as a feature to come with it I would have voted for cemeteries and funerals lol though I do want actual eco things.
    banner_3.jpg?w=1200
  • Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member

I believe that the majority of people that voted for eco living voted because they want laundry super badly. I don't understand what laundry has to do with eco living or why ea thought to include laundry in this. If you look at grahams forum section you can see a lot of people are referring to it as a laundry pack, even though that's not what it is. I want laundry as much as the next person, but not in an eco based pack.

I voted for eco because of the laundry, if laundry wasn't listed as a feature to come with it I would have voted for cemeteries and funerals lol though I do want actual eco things.

So far all my votes have come in dead last or the next to the last. I was SO not hoping for laundry.
  • Options
    February11February11 Posts: 12,658 Member
    edited May 2017
    I found a cemetery in the gallery which I've adapted to my own needs. I have my family plot.

Edit - my pictures didn't work for some reason.
    Post edited by February11 on
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • Options
    February11February11 Posts: 12,658 Member
    Here's a picture of my cemetery
    24osw1s.png
    2l91a1t.png
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Cemeteries are useless in this game. Did you ever visit the cemetery in other versions? Other than the crypt to go exploring, I rarely went there. Do you place your dead sims there? I never did. You can build your own cemetery, and most cemeteries have very little foot traffic. It's not the kind of place that draws a crowd IRL anyway. I've built a few cemeteries and they work just fine, plus they are populated by ghosts that are from a family that is still living, not random game generated ghosts.
  • Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    Cemeteries are useless in this game. Did you ever visit the cemetery in other versions? Other than the crypt to go exploring, I rarely went there. Do you place your dead sims there? I never did. You can build your own cemetery, and most cemeteries have very little foot traffic. It's not the kind of place that draws a crowd IRL anyway. I've built a few cemeteries and they work just fine, plus they are populated by ghosts that are from a family that is still living, not random game generated ghosts.

I know I really didn't. Mostly for crypt exploring like you said or some collectibles?

Unless they add something like the crypt/mausoleum along with a lot trait you can add to it IDEK. That probably would have been a thought if people voted on that dangerous pack (deaths, funerals--no one didn't want this? D: ) , but we got Eco living instead derp. Maybe they'll think about it down the road perhaps? I'd like it to definitely be expanded on, but for now making my own cemetery seems to work fine. But like many others mentioned you just aren't able to have other Sims urns you've been friends with or etc. :(

Though I see their ghost a lot, Ha~

Woulda kinda like to see like a hidden world/lot just for a big cemetery. For some reason I see Sims just casually jogging through it. XD
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    LadyKyn wrote: »

I know I really didn't. Mostly for crypt exploring like you said or some collectibles?

Unless they add something like the crypt/mausoleum along with a lot trait you can add to it IDEK. That probably would have been a thought if people voted on that dangerous pack (deaths, funerals--no one didn't want this? D: ) , but we got Eco living instead derp. Maybe they'll think about it down the road perhaps? I'd like it to definitely be expanded on, but for now making my own cemetery seems to work fine. But like many others mentioned you just aren't able to have other Sims urns you've been friends with or etc. :(

Though I see their ghost a lot, Ha~

Woulda kinda like to see like a hidden world/lot just for a big cemetery. For some reason I see Sims just casually jogging through it. XD

What I would like to see in a Cemetery pack is a crypt your sim can explore similar to the one in S3. But, with the addition of a hidden lot like Sixam or Sylvan Glades that's spooky like an abandoned cemetery with ghosts (some unfriendly) and traps or puzzles you have to figure out. Like WA, but on a smaller level.
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    I destroyed my Cemetery... I think cemetery would be nice, Wonder what it would look like.
    how vast would it be.
    how many sims can it hold.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options

My sims visited cemeteries all the time in previous sims games. Every so often in TS3 I would make a sim who was obsessed with ghosts and spent a lot of time at the graveyard to hangout with ghosts.
    banner_3.jpg?w=1200