Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

★ Character Show & Movie Challenge ★

VerionaVeriona Posts: 505 Member
edited April 2017 in The Sims 4 Lots
Hello, I have never made a challenge thread before and I am quiet nervous as I feel uneasy being on the forums. I wanted to see if anyone is interested in making builds from either starters to mansions all up to you of their favorite character(s) from a tv show or movie. Sometimes there are shows/movies with characters whose homes/workplace/school etc are never really shown or discussed. This would be a fun challenge I thought to put our imagination to work basing it off characters personality and ofc appearances. It would also get the community to get to know each other a little better beyond their builds and talk about their favorite shows and movies. There are no set rules for this challenge except to give a short bio of your character(s), try to avoid spoilers, but teasers are good in my book hehe. Everyone is a winner in this challenge and a great way for us builders to learn a trick or two from one another. I actually started this originally in my showcase thread as a personal challenge for myself. I need to socialize more and figured this is a great way to break the ice. Can't wait to see what you guys come up with and what shows/movies you like/love. I'm always looking for new things to watch while I build :)

Hope we can all have fun, thank you letting me host a challenge.

Here is my take on the show The Magicians on Syfy (the show is also available on Netflix *hint-hint* ;) ) I am not completely done with the characters yet, but will update my post as I finish them. I also have them in my showcase thread with more image details.

the_magicians_group_zpsfaw5mole.jpg~original
Grandfather Clock: There is a reason why each Fillory home showcases the giant clock and that is one of the ways to Fillory. The giant trees also signifies the giant clock tree in Fillory.

Alice Quinn: She comes from a wealthy family and has a very conservative style is why I went with a more cottage home and added a touch of castle like style to it. She was crowned High Queen of Fillory (another world as you will, a place of magic). The way she dresses is very old school to me, grandma but modern with the short length of the lace dresses. She is smartest out of the characters, book smart that is. I can see her living in this build I made as I feel it fits her style, it's also huge because her folks pay for everything. Her home is also haunted by her brother Charlie.
Alice's Fillory Starter:
Sims4_AlicesFilloryStarter_zpsqvxlmjqe.jpg~original

Margo Hanson: Margo is like the Queen Plum if you will of Breakbills (school for magicians that no regular humans can see as it has an invisibility spell surrounding it). She is best friends with Eliot Waugh and they tend to party together after school hours. She is very outspoken and is extremely fashionable. While she plays the tough mean girl of the group, Margo has the heart of gold and is overly protective of her friends. She is self centered, but you can see she is deeply insecure. I thought it was fitting I build her a shrine as she takes her crowning of High Queen of Fillory seriously, she even dresses to the 9s for such an important role.
Margo's Fillory Starter:
Sims4_MargoFilloryStarter_zpsktv86tmq.jpg~original

Eliot Waugh: His character is very complicated and that goes for his sexuality as well. He is best friends with Margo. You'd think Eliot is the weakest magician of the bunch, but he is a lot stronger than he gives himself credit for, he is a natural at it. Fulfilling a deal with a blacksmith for a magical dagger, Eliot had to make a sacrifice for the group and marry the blacksmith's daughter in exchange for such a magical dagger, hence why I made this build a 2 sim home. A true test showed that Eliot bled pure royalty as a child of Earth and was crowned the main High King of Fillory, which made him feel uneasy ruling an entire land of his own. While Eliot and his wife Fen live in a lavish castle, I felt this starter would be fitting as a summer/vacation home, fit for a king.
Eliot's Fillory Starter:
Sims4_EliotFilloryStarter_zpsg9jymlo1.jpg~original

Quentin Coldwater: Quentin suffers from clinical depression and is open about it with others, he is very much an expressive character. Having read the Fillory books since he was a child along with his childhood friend Julia, Quentin has always longed for such magical places to escape to. He learns many things throughout his journey with his new friends and life lessons he has trouble accepting. I felt this alcove home was best suited for Quentin and his melancholy personality. I was going for a wizard tower build, but with a "Fillory" magical twist if you will and I feel I have captured that.
Quentin's Fillory Starter:
Sims4_QuentinFilloryStarter_zpsaov2gvh2.jpg~original

William 'Penny' Adiyodi: Penny, in the colloquial, is an a - hole. He actively refuses offers of friendship and punishes his peers for any attempt to connect with him. But this attitude is the product of a lifetime of emotional neglect, for which he cannot be blamed. Also adding to his self-isolation is his magical specialty, which allows him to hear and read minds to little to no effort, given if the mind isn't shielded. Despite his dislike for others, he has deep feelings for Kady, whom he entered a "friends with benefits" based relationship.
Penny's Fillory Starter:
Sims4_PennyFilloryStarter_zpskngsub6d.jpg~original
Post edited by Veriona on

Comments

• Options
    NinnsterNinnster Posts: 1,215 Member
    Hey!

This is such a good idea! There is so much inspiration to get from TV shows! Hmm, I will have to think about this one, and see if I can come up with something. Will definitely have to keep an eye on this thread, as there is lots of potential for some real creativity!

@jazztizz The Verdant was based on a TV show wasn't it? :)
    OriginID: Ninnster

My Sims 4 Twitter
    My Sims 4 Showcase
    My Sims 4 Gallery

#EAGameChanger

"Creativity is intelligence having fun"
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
  • Options
    Thank you for adding it to the challenge thread @rosemow. I'm excited to see some imagined lots and ofc new show/movie recommendations. I know everyone is busy with other challenges or just building their own thing in general, but whenever you guys have time would like to see what you come up with. I don't use CC so I will only be able to view those via images unfortunately. I'm currently trying to figure out what and how to build Quentin's Fillory starter, he is my least fav character so is Julia, I'm trying real hard to capture their home styles. Penny I feel like making him a hobo, he is the meanest in the show :D Anyway, off I go to build. Have good day.
  • Options
    JazztizzJazztizz Posts: 627 Member
    Laebeth wrote: »
    Hey!

This is such a good idea! There is so much inspiration to get from TV shows! Hmm, I will have to think about this one, and see if I can come up with something. Will definitely have to keep an eye on this thread, as there is lots of potential for some real creativity!

I agree this is such a great idea! @Veriona your builds are gorgeous! I've never seen the Magicians but love a lot of things from the SyFy channel (which is why I named my game room "SyFy" rather than "Sci-Fi." I'm currently catching up on episodes of Helix but that got so weird in Season 2. Still, it would be very cool to attempt to make the Arctic Research Station. Hmm! Thanks so much for this awesome idea. =)

@Laebeth thanks for tagging me. Yes my lot Verdant is from the show Arrow. =)
    Find your pack. Love them hard.Because life is short, and sometimes they disappear.Missing Benjamin.Dd9S8jh.gif
  • Options
    Jazztizz wrote: »
    Hey!

I agree this is such a great idea! @Veriona your builds are gorgeous! I've never seen the Magicians but love a lot of things from the SyFy channel (which is why I named my game room "SyFy" rather than "Sci-Fi." I'm currently catching up on episodes of Helix but that got so weird in Season 2. Still, it would be very cool to attempt to make the Arctic Research Station. Hmm! Thanks so much for this awesome idea. =)

@Laebeth thanks for tagging me. Yes my lot Verdant is from the show Arrow. =)

Oh boy Helix, I stopped watching that after watching a few episodes of season 2, like what the actual PLUM?!? It went to for the weirdest turn ever that my brain told me to shut it off :D There is so many other shows I want to do this challenge with as well, next one being the show Zoo. Can't wait to see what you come up with.
  • Options
    @Veriona it only got weirder. But I am so hooked. There are some great characters. I loved the book Zoo. I couldn't put it down and read it in like 2 days. The show was okay but (okay insert book-snob sentence) "the book was better." :lol::
    Find your pack. Love them hard.Because life is short, and sometimes they disappear.Missing Benjamin.Dd9S8jh.gif
  • Options
    Jazztizz wrote: »
    @Veriona it only got weirder. But I am so hooked. There are some great characters. I loved the book Zoo. I couldn't put it down and read it in like 2 days. The show was okay but (okay insert book-snob sentence) "the book was better." :lol::

I don't know why they went from zombies then plants, I just couldn't even anymore. You know I keep checking the library for the book, but I think the person who has it doesn't intend on returning it like ever. Same goes for the Walking Dead collection, I'm stuck and need some of the volumes and don't want to buy them, but people in my area seem to not know the concept of returning borrowed books. It's always like that isn't it, you read book and show/movie is plum. But I have at times watched first then read the book and found the book to be plum :D
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    I added Quentin's Fillor Starter from The Magicians show on my post, hope you guys like. Anyone else checked out the show yet who has access to netflix? B)
  • Options
    Netflix? I don't have netflix. I used to but it was just plum on there back then, so I ended the subscription since I never watched anything on there. That was a little bit before they started coming out with Netflix only shows etc.. but I already pay for TV, and an HBO sub. I had to because of Game of Thrones! So in any case, no immediate plans for Netflix again no, but my boyfriend can dig up pretty much any show from anywhere :p He lives on the internet!

My Sims 4 Twitter
    My Sims 4 Showcase
    My Sims 4 Gallery

#EAGameChanger

• Options
    CorwimCorwim Posts: 3,218 Member
    Great idea for a challenge/topic! I'm loving your The Magicians starter homes @Veriona ! Like I said, I don't know the show, but will definitely have to look into it, it sounds like so much fun. Don't think we have The Sy-Fy channel over here and had a similar bad experience with Netflix here in Belgium (really dislike it's so different depending on which country you're in) and I'm also rather old school: I love my dvd and blu-ray collection. :) Aaanyway, back to the topic, I can attest that @Jazztizz 's Verdant build is super awesome! Arrow is one of my all time favourite shows and she really recreated the club in the show perfectly. B)
  • Options
    @Laebeth and @Corwim I only recently started up my Netflix again, so much great Netflix original, I hate their dvd/bluray in-mail service though, always scratched up disc. I hope you two can find other means of watching the show and we can chat about it :) I have not seen Arrow, but I will add to my watchlist, I think I have seen it on either Netflix or Amazon prime streaming. GoT I LOVE GoT, it is life for me, next seasons take so long to come out, I always ask my spouse "did GoT get cancelled???" Anyways, when you guys have time to make your own builds for challenge feel free, no pressure - just thought I would extend this challenge to everyone as I am personally having fun with it. I'm thinking of maybe doing some homes for anime show characters too.
  • Options
    Wait a... WAIT JUST ONE MINUTE! You said the magic word. *The* magic word! Anime. Anime is life. Alright, I haven't actually seen a ton of them, my sister has though, she's a huuuge anime freak. For me it's just too much real life, too little time :'(

My absolute favorite anime so far, no contest is (of course) Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood. Yeah, Haven't seen the original yet.
    Code Geass is great too, don't like the actual animation on that one, but LOVE the story. Can't beat that show in plot twists, omg.

I've seen some of the standard ones.. Naruto. As that is the show that made me start watching anime in the first place. Fairytail, the first show I dared to watch after Naruto. But I can't do them now. Too big. Too many fillers. I've grown too much.

Also love Gintama! Oh it makes me laugh so hard. Hijikata and Sougo are awesome. Noragami I like, but my sister loves it. Last Christmas I managed to get a Yukine beanie on etsy for my sister. She loved it!

....anime makes me slightly excited. Look, here I am writing like crazy! Would be so fun to do something anime inspired! Oh my!

My Sims 4 Twitter
    My Sims 4 Showcase
    My Sims 4 Gallery

#EAGameChanger

• Options
    edited April 2017
    @Veriona I have watched two episodes of the Magicians and am hooked. I finished Helix (thankfully). Only did so to get questions answered but, as usual there are only more. The second season wasn't just a box of crazy, it was a warehouse filled with it. Magicians is so fun to watch! Spooky, creepy, great CGI - the little horse she conjures! <3 The characters are great. I especially like Quentin and Julia -- interesting to see what happens there. I had a really good look at your builds and they are truly beautiful and magical. I plan to download each of these and walk around in them. I'm learning how to do videos so if I get a chance I'll film my walkthrus. I love the idea for this challenge. I know what you mean about anxiety. I am an INFJ but I used to be E -- so I love people but definitely need to recharge alone. =)

@Corwim I'm so tickled that you like Verdant! It was a blast to build. As for bad Netflix that really stinks. :/ (Weird I said another word similar to stinks but it was translated to "plum" so I guess that's a "bad word" :lol: We had a nice DVD collection before Netflix and I really want to get back to that to choose what we want rather than what's available. Belgium! One of my "some day" places. Are you multilingual? How's the computer thing coming?

@Laebeth =) I like anime too and really love Full Metal Alchemist -- the episodes I've seen. Such a great story. I just watched Gantz-O and liked it so much I made a Sims family. Btw NZ is another some day place because ...Tolkien =) -- a friend of mine was on the set during filming and his pix are amazing. Your guy is from Australia right? I will never set foot in Australia -- that place is engineered to kill people! I mean even the tiniest things are deadly (box snail). Every time I hear a crazy story about a lethal creature, 99 percent of the time it's a Aussie. ^_^ My daughter visited during her world tour and swam with sharks, crazy girl. :open_mouth: So anime -- Howl's Moving Castle is at the top of my list, so is Death Note, Knights of Sidonia, several others. My son got me started with Yugioh and we watched the entire series. We watched all the Avatar seasons too as a family but I don't think that's anime. Still a great show. =) I loved the characters. The live-action movie wasn't nearly as good. I look forward to your builds!
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    @Laebeth Did you see the new show Boruto (I call him Burrito, it drives my spouse crazy haha!), Naruto's son? I wish they just kept the show ended with Naruto. Hinata was so PLUMMING beautiful at their wedding, I was fan-girling at her hard <3 My all time fave animes are Fruit Baskets, Inuyasha, Bleach, Nana, Berserk (have not seen new ones tho, hate the new animation of it ugh), Sword Art Online, Magi, Full Metal Alchemist, Hanasaku Iroha, My Little Monster, Time of Eve, Ouran High School Host Club... ok I'm listing pretty much everything now, but yes I too love anime, spouse does too - we would die without crunchyroll subscription, like die, ripz, gone, goodbye. Maybe some anime characters will spark a build for you with this challenge.

@Jazztizz Ooooo you finally started watching, nice one! I felt the same way as you, you just wait things will get "what the plum??" in that show. I am almost done with second season, it finally hit the roku syfy app so watching it in the pc/game room instead of cable box in the livingroom. Helix... I commend you for finishing it. My spouse and I just couldn't do it no more, same with the show Z Nation... it got too much for us :D Let me know what you think of The Magicians builds in person once you get a better feel for the characters, any feedback would be great. I wish I was able to do more with the interiors but I was on a starter budget, so did best I could I hope. Now I am having to brainstorm homes for Penny and Julia... man it's a bit tough after watching the second season, so not trying to spoil, but I saved them last as I knew their build will require much more thought. Also anything Hayao Miyazaki and his son's work is amazing! Death Note, have you seen the real life movie of that anime, the Japanese version ofc? The actor, holy plum, superb job!!! Got to say though the Netflix Death Note movie that is coming out... umm ehhh, I'll watch it just because I have the sub, but the trailer looked terrible.

P.S. I will never go to Australia, sorry Aussies, but your bugs freak the living PLUM out of me, BIG NOPE.
    P.🐸🐸🐸🐸. I feel like a teen talking about animes, my inner kid comes out screaming "YEAAAY!!!"
  • Options
    @Veriona I was really impressed that you made these beautiful houses as starters. That is tough to do and you do it so well. Literally all my starters in TS4 so far have looked like boxes. You did an amazing job.

Here is my submission for the TV show Arrow.

Verdant
    Inspired by @Corwim's no cc Arrow paintings, this is Thea's club in Starling City and includes an upstairs club-access only room and Oliver's secret room in the basement. I'll have a collage made soon, but for now here are several screen shots:

03-24-17_12-41-23nbspPM_zpsrv0vijts.png

03-24-17_12-41-46nbspPM_zps5g6qwd0f.png

03-24-17_12-43-23nbspPM_zpsgiudakzk.png

03-24-17_12-49-39nbspPM_zpsb6i3x8m2.png

03-24-17_12-43-04nbspPM_zpsvaewcmsr.png

03-24-17_12-48-50nbspPM_zpsoiibohbj.png

03-24-17_12-48-30nbspPM_zpsvm4shpof.png

03-24-17_12-48-22nbspPM_zps5e7ruile.png

• Options
    @Jazztizz I feel like I can do better tbh, I am my worse critic, but aren't we all. You have, will and can build amazing things, just trust yourself and your imagination. I used to feel embarrassed about my earlier showcase builds, but now not so much - I am where I am today because of my cool shoe box builds, they were my first borns after all, my babies. Plus my old sim family memories were raised in some of those boxes, I remember being so poor all they ate was cereal.

That hunk on your wall is hunky.
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    @jazztizz and @veriona. Maaaaan, you guys.. tsk tsk. All this resentment towards Australian wildlife! Shocking! I lived in Perth for 2 and a half years. I never saw a snake. Ever. Never saw a shark. Ever. Never saw a spider bigger than the ones we have. Ever. (and none of the ones I saw have been venomous) I am just trying to point out, a lot of the dangerous animals are way out in the bush. You'll be safe in most places, just take normal precautions. I mean.. I'm here aren't I? :p

I get that A LOT though. That an people watching Border Control... sigh. I have people telling me they won't travel there because they are like crazy in immigration. No. They aren't. They catch stupid people who doesn't read. If you only knew how much food I have taken down there without an issue. DECLARE IT. That's all.

I've been in America. That's right. THEN you can talk about crazy immigration checks. I felt like a criminal entering :/

@veriona Sword Art Online! Yes! I probably have seen, or heard of some of the others you both listed, but I might remember the Japanese title. lol. And Fullmetal Alchemist live action coming soon.. eeek. I'm scared. Hold my hand!

Boruto! Haha. To be honest, I haven't even finished Naruto Shippuden yet. I mean, is the anime even finished? Last time I checked they were doing fillers... STILL. AFTER LIKE A YEAR OF FILLERS. Sigh. Alright, for Naruto I had my top 6. No particular order really, but I loved these characters oh so much. LOVED. Kakashi, Minato, Jiraya, Shikamaru, Gaara and Neji. Hard though. I want to put Hinata on there.. Lee.. even Guy. Tsunade.. ALL OF THEM. Except Naruto really. lol. And Sakura. She's useless.

I seriously considered naming my son Jiraya. Like actual serious. But it doesn't work well in Norwegian :neutral: Neji and Gaara... their stories. Their turnaround. Oh my. Shikamaru and his wit... Naruto needs him as his second in command. NEEDS. I feel so strongly about so many people on that show.. I can go on forever.

EDIT: The Pain arch is the best one. Out of anyone. Just saying. The feels..

My Sims 4 Twitter
    My Sims 4 Showcase
    My Sims 4 Gallery

#EAGameChanger

• Options
    @Laebeth NOPE. If I ever go there I would have to adopt both a lion and tiger to feel safe. And murika is great okay, it's murika. We don't have giant FACE SPIDERS :o hehe

Pretty sure the manga wrapped up, then they gave birth to Burrito. I HATE his hair. I only have one love and that is MY Gaara, he's mine.
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    @jazztizz and @veriona. Maaaaan, you guys.. tsk tsk. All this resentment towards Australian wildlife! Shocking! I lived in Perth for 2 and a half years. I never saw a snake. Ever. Never saw a shark. Ever. Never saw a spider bigger than the ones we have. Ever. (and none of the ones I saw have been venomous) I am just trying to point out, a lot of the dangerous animals are way out in the bush. You'll be safe in most places, just take normal precautions. I mean.. I'm here aren't I? :p

I get that A LOT though. That an people watching Border Control... sigh. I have people telling me they won't travel there because they are like crazy in immigration. No. They aren't. They catch plum people who doesn't read. If you only knew how much food I have taken down there without an issue. DECLARE IT. That's all.

I've been in America. That's right. THEN you can talk about crazy immigration checks. I felt like a criminal entering :/

Wow @Laebeth I'm sorry. I was totally joking and did not mean to offend in any way. I hang around smart (plums) a lot - should have put "insert playful tone" before writing. Believe me, I know Australia is beautiful and has much to commend it. I have never heard anything about border checks. I'm sorry you've had some problems with that. You're right that TV dramatises things. Glad you didn't have any trouble with wildlife. I have never heard of Border Patrol let alone seen it though.

Again I apologize for any offense given -- definitely not intentional!
  • Options
    Oh no sweety! I have to write this as fast as possible.. I was not offended at all!

I hate written communication some times, so much gets lost! Like intentions.

I honest to God knew that both you and Veriona was joking about Australia! I can see how my response can be taken the wrong way.. Sigh. I should have used more emoticons maybe to illustrate it, but I tend to be very sarcastic. The problem is that sarcasm doesn't translate well when written :/ I did not mean to make you feel bad, I was only trying to keep the playful and joking tone we all have towards each other in this thread :) So trust me, I picked up on the playful tone! I'll work on using more emoticons to try and illustrate the joking tone, so maybe we can avoid future misunderstandings.

If I ever truly was offended, I would probably write you a personal message telling you so, and not making somewhat rude remarks on the forum.

So sorry @jazztizz! My intention was truly not to make you feel bad, thinking you somehow hurt my feelings! :'(

@veriona 'Murica'!! Yeah yeah, not so bad but... you still have crazy immigration checks :tongue: I took a semester abroad and lived in Texas for 4 months, so I've traveled America a bit. Been to Dallas, Las Vegas, San Fransisco, Miami and New York.. and even dropped by Mexico. lol! My favorite place so far was San Fran :) Alright Las Vegas is pretty awesome and has a super wow factor, but if you don't party or gamble it's kinda boring.. lol. 3 days there was more than enough. I got to see Cirque de Solei so I was happy :)

My Sims 4 Twitter
    My Sims 4 Showcase
    My Sims 4 Gallery

#EAGameChanger

• Options
    @veriona 'Murica'!! Yeah yeah, not so bad but... you still have crazy immigration checks :tongue: I took a semester abroad and lived in Texas for 4 months, so I've traveled America a bit. Been to Dallas, Las Vegas, San Fransisco, Miami and New York.. and even dropped by Mexico. lol! My favorite place so far was San Fran :) Alright Las Vegas is pretty awesome and has a super wow factor, but if you don't party or gamble it's kinda boring.. lol. 3 days there was more than enough. I got to see Cirque de Solei so I was happy :)

I know all about that stuff too well, it took me a very very long time to apply for my citizenship and I was in hot buildings with a ton of others waiting for hours to be called for our verbal and written tests. I couldn't even go to the bathroom or eat afraid my name would get called and I'd missed my chance. It's murika to me because it's kaka here, in my area anyway. I don't like my home country neither, I'd like to live somewhere cold, less bugs that way.

I wasn't joking I would never step foot in Australia even during a zombie virus and that was the only place with vaccine. I'll take my chances with flesh eating zombies vs face spiders any day.
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    @{{{{{Laebeth}}}} @Laebeth whew! Glad that's sorted. I'm SO glad you weren't offended. So you're another smart plum huh? I live with a few. You'd think I'd be fluent in sarcasm by now but I've never been good at spotting it and especially deadpan sarcasm -- and with deadpan sarcasm, of course, tone and timing is really important. So yeah emoticons will help or *grins* ← those types of emoticons.

Edited in yet another attempt at brevity! @Veriona sorry to hijack your thread a bit. Shall send this to you by PM @Laebeth and @Veriona
    Post edited by Jazztizz on
  • Options
    withlovejulienwithlovejulien Posts: 588 Member
    Does it count if I ended up recreating the set instead of imagining it on my own? I watched How to Marry a Millionaire about 10 times trying to recreate that apartment! (Of course it's an apartment so the exterior is boring, boring!)
  • Options
    @withlovejulien As far as I know Veriona is not active on the forum right now. She had some RL stuff to deal with.

I'd say go for it though! I mean, she says in the description that there are no rules, and that everybody is a winner, so I'd say that's a green light to do pretty much anything you want :blush:

My Sims 4 Twitter
    My Sims 4 Showcase
    My Sims 4 Gallery

#EAGameChanger

• Options
    withlovejulienwithlovejulien Posts: 588 Member
    Ah--I'm sorry to hear that! :(

Thanks, @Laebeth