Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Anybody else heart broken over these plant sims?

Comments

• Options
    CandydCandyd Posts: 1,261 Member
    Yoko2112 wrote: »
    Candyd these are awesome ideas. Would it be ok for me to quote you on them in the PlantSim idea thread ?

@Yoko2112 No problem, you can quote my posts :)
  • Options
    GruffmanGruffman Posts: 4,831 Member
    Personally, I don't call these sims plant sims.

The same affect is nearly done with the ice cream. Plant sims could be so much more than this.
  • Options
    JimG72JimG72 Posts: 1,161 Member
    I don't think I've ever been "heartbroken" over anything in any video game. I have zero interest in plant sims but if it's free and others like them, then I don't mind others getting to do something with them. Not sure I'd expect anything fully fleshed out in terms of a free temporary event though.
  • Options
    LuckyissaraLuckyissara Posts: 22 Member
    I've never really got the chance to play a PlantSim in Sims 2, so I think tomorrow I'll try a little bit with the event to see how they are. I actually would really enjoy it if they were able to stay and have more to them so I can experience them a bit more than just the event. If anyone doesn't mind me asking, how well were they back in Sims 2?
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    keekee53 wrote: »
    Yeah I am heartbroken they are in my game. I didn't ask for them and I don't want sims randomly turning into plantsims.
    They do? Then it's Late Night vampires all over again. Don't they learn from their mistakes?
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    People worry too much. Don't eat your first fruit from the portal; plant it. Then you'll get infinite PlantSim fruit.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    AvianatorAvianator Posts: 188 Member
    edited April 2017
    I never was a fan of Plantsims so actually I don't care if they are fleshed out or not...I wouldn't have played with them anyway.
    But I can totally understand that players who always liked Plantsims are disappointed.
    If fairies would make their return in a similar half-hearted way I would probably cry.
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    i am not doing this challange since i do not do the ingame challanges and as for plantsims it do not fit with my playstyle for the game
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    People who said it's half-hearted, I also feel like it's a demo. Like "We're gonna put PlantSims in, and anybody can give them a shot, but if you want to do it properly you'll need to buy the expansion pack. Like, maybe it'll happen in University or something, and this is just a special way to turn into them.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    edited April 2017
    Loanet wrote: »
    People who said it's half-hearted, I also feel like it's a demo. Like "We're gonna put PlantSims in, and anybody can give them a shot, but if you want to do it properly you'll need to buy the expansion pack. Like, maybe it'll happen in University or something, and this is just a special way to turn into them.

I, personally, would prefer these plantsims be introduced like the vampires. Where you can choose if you want the pack. I wouldn't like it if they put it in UN seeing as some people would want University but not the plantsims. I was thinking that is the reason for having these packs, so it gives the people the option to choose!
  • Options
    MrMonty96MrMonty96 Posts: 1,715 Member
    edited April 2017
    MrMonty96 wrote: »
    If I'm going to be honest I don't think you really cared about PlantSims too much until EA patched in a half baked version.

Good thing I couldn't care less about what you think I and others care about. Look at my profile picture, look at all my posts. I am a supernatural player, I love the magic and quirks, I was furious when the base game launched without ghosts, I was furious when the expansions dropped the lifestate tradition, and now I'm furious that we've gotten half baked plant sims when they've always been one of my favorite life states.

I get that it's free, I don't mind PAYING for them to be in an expansion pack (they were never in depth enough to qualify for their own gamepack)

It'd be like patching vampires in, they're just pale sims that burn in the sun and need red bar drinks to live and other than that they're normal. I'd be furious at that too.

MEOW! I was just stating my opinion, no need to get triggered​. :smile:
  • Options
    FereldanCherryFereldanCherry Posts: 291 Member
    @simmer_whovian Thank you! :*

Aw that's too bad....I hope they patch the game so that they can stay Plantsims
    The Fox And The Lion (Chapter 1 - The Introduction): https://fereldencherry.tumblr.com/tagged/tfatl1/chrono
  • Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    edited April 2017
    not heartbroken but mad and not really suprized with the sims 4 :s

it seems the only life stages and life states the sims 4 spent more time on was

young adult
    toddler

and vampires

the rest is pretty bad

newborn :#
    teen :#
    elder :#

aliens :#
    plantsims :#
    ghosts :#
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options
    pinkishpinkish Posts: 693 Member
    I have never played a plant sim, do like the tree though. I collected the things for the stump and watered it, now the tree is in my yard but I don't use it for anything and I am not going to turn my sim into a plantsim. Like most of the stuff we get it only has a short play value, but I take what I like and don't bother with the rest.
    As I have stated many times before.....why can the CCers and Modder's do a better job of adding things to the game ? I don't use CC or Mods just something I have been wondering about.
  • Options
    catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    Jolly green giant.
  • Options
    MarnettiMarnetti Posts: 1,047 Member
    I don't even know why PlantSims were added. They should have just made it "being green" or whatever, because since these pseudo PlantSims are added, I fear this is all we get (in terms of PlantSims). Hopefully what SimGuruMegs said comes to fruition.
    ~I just like lifestates. Is that too much to ask for?~
    tumblr_p4xbgrS3wO1tltr42o1_500.gif
  • Options
    luvdasims55luvdasims55 Posts: 14,649 Member
    i really have no interest in plantsims and wouldn't play them. i do hope that those of you that like playing them get the opportunity to do so.
  • Options
    PixelsimmerPixelsimmer Posts: 2,351 Member
    edited April 2017
    As others have mentioned I am heart broken that my played (non active) sims are being turned into plant sims just because. It's not fun and it breaks immersion for me. I don't care about plant sims and I definitely don't want to see the town's mayor walking around looking all green.

Even if it's a time limited challenge, they should let us opt out of it if we want...
    Post edited by Pixelsimmer on
  • Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    edited April 2017
    As others have mentioned I am heart broken that my played (non active) sims are being turned into plant sims just because. It's not fun and it breaks immersion for me. I don't care about plant sims and I definitely don't want to see the town's mayor walking around looking all green.

Even if it's a time limited challenge, they should let us opt out of it if she want...

well if enough people complain they genreally remove things in the sims 4 life states anyway.

male pregnancy and alien abduction I'v have yet to see in my own game.

people complaning about it yet I never had it.

sometimes the complaning can spoil it for people who want it :#

however this time I am complaning with this cheap version of a life state :(

they did a brilliant job with toddlers, not perfect with the walking already. i mean newborns can't learn to. how did toddlers learn. oh wait simmers complaining about it so much :p
    personally i think EA listen too much to some ideas...

if you don't want plant sims of course just ignore them. I do this with teens.

the teens in TS2 Were cute, full fleged, okay in 3 but in 4

horrible height thing and they don't even feel like teens at all, just a young adult with less options...
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    Keep hoping this is just a TEASE and hoping they will make plantsims a lot more fully functional and interesting?

Because they are below the basic plant sim from sims 2 D:. My least played with sim life state, but still I don't see the point with how barren plantsims seem ;3;
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited April 2017
    If I'm going to be honest I don't think you really cared about PlantSims too much until EA patched in a half baked version.

Good thing I couldn't care less about what you think I and others care about. Look at my profile picture, look at all my posts. I am a supernatural player, I love the magic and quirks, I was furious when the base game launched without ghosts, I was furious when the expansions dropped the lifestate tradition, and now I'm furious that we've gotten half baked plant sims when they've always been one of my favorite life states.

I get that it's free, I don't mind PAYING for them to be in an expansion pack (they were never in depth enough to qualify for their own gamepack)

It'd be like patching vampires in, they're just pale sims that burn in the sun and need red bar drinks to live and other than that they're normal. I'd be furious at that too.

MEOW! I was just stating my opinion, no need to get triggered​. :smile:
    Love it when people play the innocence card. Got curious about that opinion you were 'just stating'. Turns out you weren't stating an opinion about the game or something related to the subject of the topic, but about other people's motives, filling in why they are having their opinion by questioning it.
    5JZ57S6.png