Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

When is the new GP trailer coming?

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    aiex wrote: »
    sunman502 wrote: »
    What GP? We just got bowling.
    It's called Family, and it's schedule to be released later this Spring.
    And where do they post these little nuggets? Am at the forums almost daily, but have yet to see anything announced by EA/Maxis.

It was in the quarterly trailer! We are getting one Family GP, and one Fitness SP!
    Quarterly trailer?

Going back to 2015 and the release of GTW, the rotation has been 2 stuff packs between either a Game or Expansion pack, those alternating. There has been no consistent pattern in timing, the range being 2 packs in one month to 4 months between packs. If they hold the pattern we get another stuff pack next. The introduction of toddlers took a stuff pack slot between CL & Vampires.

• Options
    VeronicaHerndonVeronicaHerndon Posts: 63 Member
    I hope soon I am really excited for this game pack.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    aiex wrote: »
    What GP? We just got bowling.
    It's called Family, and it's schedule to be released later this Spring.
    And where do they post these little nuggets? Am at the forums almost daily, but have yet to see anything announced by EA/Maxis.

It was in the quarterly trailer! We are getting one Family GP, and one Fitness SP!
    Quarterly trailer?

Going back to 2015 and the release of GTW, the rotation has been 2 stuff packs between either a Game or Expansion pack, those alternating. There has been no consistent pattern in timing, the range being 2 packs in one month to 4 months between packs. If they hold the pattern we get another stuff pack next. The introduction of toddlers took a stuff pack slot between CL & Vampires.

Quarterly trailer:

https://youtu.be/dabzNtQx2Nc

Says specifically that we'll be getting a new GP in Spring, apparently with a Family theme judging from the pack icon, followed by a Fitness SP.

It's possible this GP has been in the works for a while, but was waiting for the toddlers project to be completed and patched in so they could add the finishing touches.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    Interesting, if brief. Where do they hide these things?
  • Options
    ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I'm going to be traveling during a lot of May. It looks like it will be happening during that timeframe. I do have interest but I think I will be a bit late to this particular party which is fine. It will be interesting to get more information though.
    It's not a wise idea to be posting your travel plans on here. You never know who might be listening.

True, hence I didn't say where or why. It's a fair point though.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    I'm going to be traveling during a lot of May. It looks like it will be happening during that timeframe. I do have interest but I think I will be a bit late to this particular party which is fine. It will be interesting to get more information though.
    It's not a wise idea to be posting your travel plans on here. You never know who might be listening.

True, hence I didn't say where or why. It's a fair point though.
    It's a good thing that you didn't say what day that you were leaving on, and how long you'll be gone. But still it's best not to say anything at all about leaving home on here.
  • Options
    SparklePlumleySparklePlumley Posts: 1,061 Member

Someone always posts about it n the forums when it releases. If you can't find it in General, it will almost always be in Speculation and Rumor.
    You can also check simscommunity.info or simsvip.com when the end of the current quarter comes about and catch it there, or you can always subscribe to the sims YouTube channel. Oh and don't forget Twitter

Myself I check simscommunity.info and/or YouTube because that's where the video is posted to to begin with.

Good luck hope you can catch next quarters ;)
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited April 2017

In plain view. Under 'News'. on their Twitter account. (teasers) the trailer will be posted here and everywhere else when it's released

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/the-sims-4-latest-news
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    Quaay wrote: »
    Yea I'm thinking May 16th for info to start trickling out and May 30th for release...and the stuff pack June 27th. The only thing I wonder about is since May 29th is a holiday here in the US if that will affect the GP? Maybe a Wed. May 31 release if so? I just want info already!
    That's what I was thinking that they'll release the Family GP too.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited April 2017
    Yea I'm thinking May 16th for info to start trickling out and May 30th for release...and the stuff pack June 27th. The only thing I wonder about is since May 29th is a holiday here in the US if that will affect the GP? Maybe a Wed. May 31 release if so? I just want info already!

With next week being the first week of May we might see the trailer Tuesday or Wednesday and expect a teaser trailer the day before the trailer drops. I would like to think that it will come earlier in May then later. Also the earlier we get the pack the earlier the May Patch drops.
  • Options
    InvisibleaesInvisibleaes Posts: 1,526 Member
    I'm impatiently waiting for anything related to it to come out the sooner the better!
  • Options

With next week being the first week of May we might see the trailer Tuesday or Wednesday and expect a teaser trailer the day before the trailer drops. I would like to think that it will come earlier in May then later. Also the earlier we get the pack the earlier the May Patch drops.
    and stilljustme2 and I were thinking that the Official announcement for Family will be made around May 9th.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member

and stilljustme2 and I were thinking that the Official announcement for Family will be made around May 9th.
    Well it's probably more likely to be announced then but I'm hopeful for next week.
  • Options

I don't know. I had just read a comment from SimGuruNinja on here about possibly posting something on Family this coming Friday which is cinco de mayo I believe.
  • Options
    gothprincess4evergothprincess4ever Posts: 2,130 Member
    It's my Birthday next week, so I'm saving some money for this GP, it's been a while since I was so excited for a Sims 4 release! My bet is May 9th, aren't Tuesdays the normal release dates? With the exception of Bowling SP, which was released on a Wednesday... Hmm, we'll see. ;)
  • Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    Yes 9th may or 10th may. Argggg, too long to wait!
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    InvisibleaesInvisibleaes Posts: 1,526 Member
    edited May 2017
    We'll see what this week brings! Hopefully a trailer
  • Options
    NeonHighwaysNeonHighways Posts: 1,508 Member
    I think the trailer will come on the 9th. They usually have 2 weeks between the trailer and the GP launch, and it's easier to expect it to release on the 30th, since the packs have been releasing as late in the month as possible!
  • Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    Maybe the 31th May, Generations in TS3 was out the 31th May.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    Maybe the 31th May, Generations in TS3 was out the 31th May.
    A few others and I were thinking that Family will be released about that time. :)
  • Options
    gothprincess4evergothprincess4ever Posts: 2,130 Member
    Please, let it be sooner than May 30th, but I guess it will, since it'll take some time between the trailer and the release date... Ugh, too long to wait!!!
  • Options
    Please, let it be sooner than May 30th, but I guess it will, since it'll take some time between the trailer and the release date... Ugh, too long to wait!!!
    Yep, sure is to long to wait. But if it means having fewer bugs with Family, then having to wait a while for it's release is a good thing. And be well worth the long wait.
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    family gamepack trailer i think the perfect song for the family gamepack trailer should be the song life will change this song is in a playstation4 game called persona 5 but i think the song as a trailer would fit perfectly since in away if the family gamepack is link to family the term life will change fits perfectly
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    Hopefully the official announcement for Family will be made this Tuesday, which I believe is the 9th. :)