Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you think we ll get cars with the Family GP coming out?

Comments

• Options
    MgalbMgalb Posts: 62 Member
    No. I think saying that they are related is kind of a stretch. While I like cars I hope they have a tight focus on family for this pack. Maybe cars will eventually come. I'd like to see them just not in this pack.
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Cars would have a pack of their own way to big to be a side feature in a game pack.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    luvdasims55luvdasims55 Posts: 14,649 Member
    doubt it. as others have said, wouldn't make much sense in a game world that isn't open.
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Firstly, how are cars and family gameplay even related? Will the family go outside to the family van, crawl in and watch movies on those seat-back TV screens? Secondly, you need to get over having cars in S4. It ain't gonna happen. What is the point of having a car that magically appears out of thin air at the curb? Your sim walks towards it but disappears before getting into the car (as with the elevator) and then the car disappears, too.

You'll never see cars for sims driving on the streets because not all worlds have drivable streets, ie: Windenburg, Forgotten Hollow (do you ever see fx cars on those streets?) and Granite Falls. So please move on from cars. They are never going to happen.

I don't care what a survey says. Just because it's mentioned in a survey doesn't mean it will ever happen. There have been a lot of choices that are in surveys that never came close to being made. We don't even have bicycles in the game (and probably never will). The way sims travel to a destination is that once you say go, they and anyone going with, disappear from the very spot they are standing in. They don't even go outside to the sidewalk to "travel", they just disappear. How, exactly would cars fit into that programing (which they will not reprogram just for cars that are pretty much useless anyway)?

So, in case I was unclear, no, cars will not be a part of a family GP. Horses may come in a pack with a dude ranch destination in it so it's possible cars could come in some kind of simplified "Lets Go To The Indy 500" where your sim can drive a race car around a track, but it will never be the way it was in S2 or S3.
  • Options
    KlthfKlthf Posts: 230 Member
    Klthf wrote: »
    I don't think we will get cars in the upcoming game pack. It would be nice to see them return at some point, but I think it will be quite pointless since there is no open world. Unless we can see an animation of the sims actually getting into the car and driving away, like in The Sims 2, but judging from the way elevators were handled in City Living I think we won't get that.

Sims 2 was a closed world and it had cars.

That is what I meant to point out. I can see cars work in The Sims 4 if they were implemented in the way we had them in The Sims 2. But I fear that, if we get cars, we won't get the wonderful animations of The Sims 2, where the Sims were actually getting in and out of the car.
  • Options
    LadyJesterLadyJester Posts: 606 Member
    I don't think so but you never know though. They could pull another toddler and bring out cars when no one expected it.
  • Options
    BlackandWhiteBunnyBlackandWhiteBunny Posts: 68 Member
    I actually doubt we will ever see cars in the sims 4, because the way the world is made doesn't really allow any player customisation, lots are not as uniform as they were in sims 2, there is no way to make an universal driveway that would fit to every lot; yes I know there was this game pack idea that got cars, but I wouldn't be surprised if cars from there would be exclusive to a special world that would have garages and driveways already in place or maybe it would work if cars were sims 3 teleporting magic mobiles which would be a sad thing, I hope we will get preteens in the new pack and active schools would be so nice and teaching profession and daycare profession, there was just a new daycare update for sims freeplay so maybe it is somehow connected to this misterious family gamepack
  • Options
    MiataPlayMiataPlay Posts: 6,089 Member
    I want transportation to have it's own EP.
    Think of all the SP's the team could create with that$!
  • Options
    CeltiaChanCeltiaChan Posts: 36 Member
    Cars would be great but I do not think it will be in this GB. Maybe next one who knows?
  • Options
    candy8candy8 Posts: 3,815 Member
    I don't think we will ever get cars the Sims 4 doesn't really support it, but I do wish they would do something if they wanted to make the game run faster then at least make the Sims disappear instantly when they transport to home or other places. This walking bit is rediculious and it waste game player time. Are you Listening EA?
  • Options
    aws200aws200 Posts: 2,262 Member
    Stroller for toddlers would be nice. Since Sims run around during jogging in a loop so why not make Sims walk around in that loop while pushing a stroller with the toddler in it?
    1. The Sims 2
    2. The Sims 3
    3. The Sims 4 (5 years later its decent)
    4. The Sims 1
  • Options
    Evilyn_1007Evilyn_1007 Posts: 762 Member
    I can see a tractor if they ever add farming stuff. Maybe bicycles or skateboards but not cars.
  • Options
    ActuallySammyActuallySammy Posts: 299 Member
    I don't want cars. I think bikes or motorbikes would fit better. But i really want strollers and toddler things. I think actual playgrounds would be better and maybe like rockets you have to build a playground for the kids.
    Origin id: ActuallySammy
    If you want to respond to me please make sure to @ me.
  • Options
    CiarassimsCiarassims Posts: 3,547 Member
    Really :joy: ???
    giphy_1.gif
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited April 2017
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    Firstly, how are cars and family gameplay even related? Will the family go outside to the family van, crawl in and watch movies on those seat-back TV screens? Secondly, you need to get over having cars in S4. It ain't gonna happen. What is the point of having a car that magically appears out of thin air at the curb? Your sim walks towards it but disappears before getting into the car (as with the elevator) and then the car disappears, too.

You'll never see cars for sims driving on the streets because not all worlds have drivable streets, ie: Windenburg, Forgotten Hollow (do you ever see fx cars on those streets?) and Granite Falls. So please move on from cars. They are never going to happen.

I don't care what a survey says. Just because it's mentioned in a survey doesn't mean it will ever happen. There have been a lot of choices that are in surveys that never came close to being made. We don't even have bicycles in the game (and probably never will). The way sims travel to a destination is that once you say go, they and anyone going with, disappear from the very spot they are standing in. They don't even go outside to the sidewalk to "travel", they just disappear. How, exactly would cars fit into that programing (which they will not reprogram just for cars that are pretty much useless anyway)?

So, in case I was unclear, no, cars will not be a part of a family GP. Horses may come in a pack with a dude ranch destination in it so it's possible cars could come in some kind of simplified "Lets Go To The Indy 500" where your sim can drive a race car around a track, but it will never be the way it was in S2 or S3.

Cars are family related for 2 reasons

1)Sims can go places in them together
    2)Parents can teach their teens to drive. Remember Generations?

Saying Cars won't never come is wrong. That's like saying Swimming In The Ocean won't happen but future worlds will be coded to add ocean swimming. Same with cars new worlds may add roads. Also there was a survey on cars so If they don't make them into this pack they may be added in their own pack in a new world.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    I can see a tractor if they ever add farming stuff. Maybe bicycles or skateboards but not cars.

Never say never. People said we wouldn't get Toddlers and sure enough we got them recently.
  • Options
    Uzone27Uzone27 Posts: 2,808 Member
    candy8 wrote: »
    I don't think we will ever get cars the Sims 4 doesn't really support it, but I do wish they would do something if they wanted to make the game run faster then at least make the Sims disappear instantly when they transport to home or other places. This walking bit is rediculious and it waste game player time. Are you Listening EA?

There is a really easy workaround for that you know.
    Simply use the phone to travel back home.
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »

Cars are family related for 2 reasons

1)Sims can go places in them together
    2)Parents can teach their teens to drive. Remember Generations?

Saying Cars won't never come is wrong. That's like saying Swimming In The Ocean won't happen but future worlds will be coded to add ocean swimming. Same with cars new worlds may add roads. Also there was a survey on cars so If they don't make them into this pack they may be added in their own pack in a new world.

So, you would be happy to drive in only one world? Will you move all your sims to that one world so they all can have these wonderful cars that won't add anything to the game?

!) Sims go places together already without cars. When you click travel in your sims phone, it asks if you want to bring anyone else with you, then opens a map and once you have chosen a location, they appear there, together, outside. Where would a car fit into this programming or are you suggesting they reprogram the entire game to add a useless object like a car? I have no doubt that when they held meetings about what would and would not be a part of S4, cars were Xed off the list forever, unless they add a simplified version much akin to going bowling, "Let's Go For A Ride".

2) After about 2 times teaching teens to drive (and it was almost move for move the same action), I lost interest.

But all those things still exist in S2 and S3 which you can play any time without inflicting useless cars into this version. Let's put the brakes on this conversation about cars before it drives people crazy and automatically shift into suggestions that have a better chance of speeding down the highway of creation and exits at the release off ramp of Gameplay City.
  • Options
    ohmyohmyohmyohmy Posts: 614 Member
    I don't think we'll get cars at all because there are no roads in TS4 like.. where would your sims drive in windenburg?
  • Options
    samlyt22samlyt22 Posts: 527 Member
    To the people saying it's not possible to have cars in sims 4, why on earth would they ask us in a survey if we wanted a pack that brought cars back if it wasn't possible? They've clearly thought about it enough to sit down and plan out what might be in a pack like that if they did do one. There are certain things that people have wanted back that aren't possible such as open world, but in those cases we were told that it wouldn't be possible. So the fact that they haven't said cars wont be possible and have asked us for feedback on bringing them back implies it's at least possible. Personally I don't mind if they are only in some worlds as there are often places where nobody really bothers owning a car, either because public transport is preferable or everything is within walking distance. I'm not saying we will get them back, and it's completely fine if people don't want them back or don't care about cars, but to dismiss them as impossible just seems silly to me.
  • Options
    Simfan923Simfan923 Posts: 5,551 Member
    samlyt22 wrote: »
    To the people saying it's not possible to have cars in sims 4, why on earth would they ask us in a survey if we wanted a pack that brought cars back if it wasn't possible? They've clearly thought about it enough to sit down and plan out what might be in a pack like that if they did do one. There are certain things that people have wanted back that aren't possible such as open world, but in those cases we were told that it wouldn't be possible. So the fact that they haven't said cars wont be possible and have asked us for feedback on bringing them back implies it's at least possible. Personally I don't mind if they are only in some worlds as there are often places where nobody really bothers owning a car, either because public transport is preferable or everything is within walking distance. I'm not saying we will get them back, and it's completely fine if people don't want them back or don't care about cars, but to dismiss them as impossible just seems silly to me.

I can't speak for anyone else but for me it's not about them being impossible to add it's just the functionality of it. There would be no real use for cars in this game cause like I mentioned before sims teleport everywhere via loading screen. It's kind of like what they did with home phones. No need to have them if every sim has a cell phone.
    1FKDfKj.png
  • Options
    LadyJesterLadyJester Posts: 606 Member
    Simfan923 wrote: »

I can't speak for anyone else but for me it's not about them being impossible to add it's just the functionality of it. There would be no real use for cars in this game cause like I mentioned before sims teleport everywhere via loading screen. It's kind of like what they did with home phones. No need to have them if every sim has a cell phone.

I feel like cars would act like they did in the sims 2. They could replace the teleportation with a taxi. I would love to see sims get into cars when going to work. Kids getting into the school bus when going to school. Instead of them just disappearing out of no where.
  • Options
    ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I'll be honest that this isn't a big issue for me. I really don't mind the teleporting or disappearing, I don't pay attention to it. I'll send a sim out the door and not even watch if I have multiple players. If I've just got one sim then I'm either following them to work or planning what they will do later. Sometimes I like having days where they just fast forward through the work day. I'm just saying that I'm neutral on cars.

I'm unlikely to put driveways into my lots in existing worlds because that just uses up lot space. I do agree that areas of Windenburg lend themselves to a Vespa or horse. I don't mind the idea that they are large, walkable neighborhoods though.

It's not a big issue but that doesn't mean I have no interest. I remember carefully picking out cars in TS3 and each car adding to the personality of whatever sim I was playing. If they release a world with cars and lots that are designed for them then I'd incorporate that world into my gameplay. I just don't have a lot of use for cars as pure decoration. Even just watching the cars back up and drive back into the parking spot would not be very important to me. I've seen some great houses in the gallery with driveways, but I don't need a driveway without the functionality of a car. So, I don't think much about it.

I'd love to see a large country world with open space for horses, which has also been mentioned.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    edited April 2017
    Simfan923 wrote: »

I don't agree if you look at it that way then toddlers aren't necessary ether
    because babies could just go right to being kids
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    Your sims can't teach driving in Sims 4 even if the game had roads because it is like sims 2 with load screen - there was no teaching to drive in Sims 2 either because we cannot see them drive they get into the road and go to load screen. In Sims 3 the open world allowed us to see them in the cars to be taught - so it's like Sims 2 and that didn't have that so neither will 4. Right now road are just FX paths and not driveable roads - even the modder who made cars could not make their cars use the road either because it's not a real road.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....