Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Daughters of the Warrioress Gen 2 - Updated 05/30

Comments

• Options
    MrsRacooneyMrsRacooney Posts: 2,091 Member
    edited November 2017
    WHO IS THIS BLOND MAN AND THOSE ADORABLE LITTLE BOYS

Well, the blond man actually appeared a few times already but it isn't necessary to know him just yet. You'll see in the chapter anyway :D He's Iasion of Borathion, the one with whom Io spent the day at the Borathions (in... the background). And for the boys, just take a look at the extra pics under the link at the end of the chapter ;)
    Well, gosh. I didn't get you anything... ;)

Don't worry, just existing suffices already :D

Now, here's everyone's gift chapter 40!

142bo2h.png
    fdZPJYy.jpg
    Chapters | Updated 09/26
  • Options
    lilypadmeulinlilypadmeulin Posts: 1,655 Member
    WHO IS THIS BLOND MAN AND THOSE ADORABLE LITTLE BOYS

Well, the blond man actually appeared a few times already but it isn't necessary to know him just yet. You'll see in the chapter anyway :D He's Iasion of Borathion, the one with whom Io spent the day at the Borathions (in... the background). And for the boys, just take a look at the extra pics under the link at the end of the chapter ;)
    Well, gosh. I didn't get you anything... ;)

Don't worry, just existing suffices already :D

Now, here's everyone's gift chapter 40!

142bo2h.png

Oh, my goodness...poor, poor Io. Penthisilea makes good decisions, but poor dear Io.
  • Options
    SpectresValkyrieSpectresValkyrie Posts: 317 Member
    edited November 2017
    This was so sad. The dieties are not forgiving are they? Evendros's funeral was beautiful and a kind send off for a wonderful man. I feel bad for Io. This was a wonderful chapter, very sad but a really great read.
    ETagn5d.jpg
  • Options
    This was so sad. The dieties are not forgiving are they? Evendros's funeral was beautiful and a kibd send off for a wonderful man. I feel bad for Io. This was a wonderful chapter, very sad but a really great read.

I was so sad. I hope his son will be an okay king, and that old rivalries don't take root again. And I always find MrsRacooney is a great one for writing in an exquisite heartstring tugging way.
  • Options
    I was so sad. I hope his son will be an okay king, and that old rivalries don't take root again. And I always find MrsRacooney is a great one for writing in an exquisite heartstring tugging way.

Agreed! Hopefully things don't slowly dissolve back to how things were. MrsRacooney is very good at making you feel many range of emotions. Its great.
    ETagn5d.jpg
  • Options

Agreed! Hopefully things don't slowly dissolve back to how things were. MrsRacooney is very good at making you feel many range of emotions. Its great.

I know, right? It really is inspiring.
  • Options
    Oh, my goodness...poor, poor Io. Penthisilea makes good decisions, but poor dear Io.

:bawling: Right? It's so sad that it hits the kindest one first!
    This was so sad. The dieties are not forgiving are they? Evendros's funeral was beautiful and a kind send off for a wonderful man. I feel bad for Io. This was a wonderful chapter, very sad but a really great read.

They sure aren't... The Goddess of War Penthesilea worships, Santrake (after which her mother's tribe is named, btw) is, well, a deity of war and therefore not very merciful. :/
    Evandros! :bawling: I can't believe he's gone now, just had to give him that goodbye!

Alexander is only 22 so no wonder he's still unsecure in front of all the older rulers :/ And of course he can't be his father although that's what everyone seems to expect!

Oh goodness, @lilypadmeulin @PheonixWolfNinja thank you so much for your kind comments! <3 Because that's what I appreciate in literature, that it can change your feelings.
    fdZPJYy.jpg
    Chapters | Updated 09/26
  • Options
    roseinblack69roseinblack69 Posts: 4,070 Member
    Oh, holy cow, Penthesilea! :s You remind me Amadahy when she was young, arrogant and did similar things like you do! Poor Io... :/ I would like to see how you would feel if someone would take your kids away, Penthesilea... :(
    Yeah... It was really sad. I feel sorry for Alexander and it's so sad to see his father dead :'( He was one of the best Penthesilea's friends and allies and he was just very good wonderful person <3 I'll miss him... :(
    Ok... I just hope for the better times... You did a great work on this chapter as always, @MrsRacooney <3 I need to learn from you :blush:
  • Options
    @MrsRacooney
    It is, in my opinion what makes reading all the more fun. When you feel emotions and get attached. The something happens to the character and you get angry, sad, happy etc for them or because of him. It is a wonderful thing! The writing you do is fantastic. Daughters of the Warrioress has to be one of the stories I get a lot of emotion about well reading.
    ETagn5d.jpg
  • Options
    madelynsims95madelynsims95 Posts: 285 Member
    Oh my! I feel so bad for Io! Penthesilea may have been raised to see men as nothing but slaves, but that's not how Io was brought up! She still sees her son as her son, not as a slave. My heart breaks for her! :heartbreak:
    I've really enjoyed this story in that it's one of very few where the majority of the world does not function the way the Amazons do. It's really neat to see how Penthesilea has to work around the customs of everyone else without breaking her own laws. It definitely makes for a lot of interesting situations! I love it!
    Origin ID: madelynsims95
    Stories/Challenges:
    Mother May I? (100 Baby Challenge)
  • Options
    ZurkaZurka Posts: 42 Member
    Very, very (very) good chapter.

Like everyone else I'll say poor Io to start with =/ Amazonian rules are strict, and I guess I can understand Penthesilea's decision though... another could argue that Io could have prepared her child better for the life he was going to have if she had him by her side. A child needs some protection and care. Something a slave trader does not necessarily provide. If Io raised him until he was of age at least he would have had the necessary teachings to survive and be of good physical state.

Then well. I hope (really) that our Kings and Queens will be the mentors Alexander needs to shine as his father did as head of the Council. He lacks experience and assertiveness at the moment, but with the right advices and people to show him the way I guess the transition could go smoothly.

But there is one thing that surprised me ! How come Penthesilea not understand that men can "cause so much misery when they were nothing but slaves" ? She had strong feelings for Serkon, a man. Only his status was not slave. Like a majority of men in the region in which Penthesilea is currently living. The tribes with which Penthesilea deal each day are... for the most of them, male-dominated. That her customs lead her to consider men as slaves in the first place, does not mean she never met any non-slaves. She even considers some men of the council as friends or people of advice. She was able to taste a bit of their culture by living so close to them '-'
    I was just surprised by that line :o But I guess you can explain me a bit more what's the thinking of your character @MrsRacooney :)
  • Options
    Oh, holy cow, Penthesilea! :s You remind me Amadahy when she was young, arrogant and did similar things like you do! Poor Io... :/ I would like to see how you would feel if someone would take your kids away, Penthesilea... :(
    Yeah... It was really sad. I feel sorry for Alexander and it's so sad to see his father dead :'( He was one of the best Penthesilea's friends and allies and he was just very good wonderful person <3 I'll miss him... :(
    Ok... I just hope for the better times... You did a great work on this chapter as always, @MrsRacooney <3 I need to learn from you :blush:

Penthesilea does understand better than she would admit... And she's lost most of her arrogance already, what she does now is just following the rules of her Goddess, Santrake because she fears being punished (maybe with even more sons? Which she definitely wants to avoid)
    Poor Alexander sure isn't handed his life on a silver platter. Evandros was my favorite king in gen 1 (well, after Serkon of course) and it's so sad to see him gone! :o No strict faces and merciful smiles in the Council any more.
    Aw, thank you so much. I do appreciate your comments so much and so do I your compliment. You don't dare to learn from anyone, you just keep your own writing style! <3

@SpectresValkyrie Whenever I close a book or finish a chapter that played on the heart strings, it's like... closing another world and leaving you in yours. Which is fine, I love this world but it's so good to live through trouble, tragedies and even put yourself in a role you wouldn't be able to have in real life. It's extremely fascinating and only possible if the book/story is written well enough with lively descriptions and in-depth characters.
    So honestly, I'm so glad DoW does fulfill that in your eyes because when I've worked through a chapter several times, the magic I felt in first moment has been lost and it's only when it's completely finished and posted that I can reexperience it. :'(
    fdZPJYy.jpg
    Chapters | Updated 09/26
  • Options
    Oh my! I feel so bad for Io! Penthesilea may have been raised to see men as nothing but slaves, but that's not how Io was brought up! She still sees her son as her son, not as a slave. My heart breaks for her! :heartbreak:
    I've really enjoyed this story in that it's one of very few where the majority of the world does not function the way the Amazons do. It's really neat to see how Penthesilea has to work around the customs of everyone else without breaking her own laws. It definitely makes for a lot of interesting situations! I love it!

That's 100% how Io feels and thinks... And while Penthesilea may view her as just a kind woman who mourns for her son, she doesn't and maybe will never understand the way Io's heart and mind work. The education we got in our childhood has so much influence on us!
    Yeah, it's definitely a lot of fun to work through those situations, but they also drive me almost mad sometimes :D We're going to have a few events I pondered over for months and still didn't reach a satisfying conclusion for how they needed to be solved :D
    Zurka wrote: »
    Like everyone else I'll say poor Io to start with =/ Amazonian rules are strict, and I guess I can understand Penthesilea's decision though... another could argue that Io could have prepared her child better for the life he was going to have if she had him by her side. A child needs some protection and care. Something a slave trader does not necessarily provide. If Io raised him until he was of age at least he would have had the necessary teachings to survive and be of good physical state.

Then well. I hope (really) that our Kings and Queens will be the mentors Alexander needs to shine as his father did as head of the Council. He lacks experience and assertiveness at the moment, but with the right advices and people to show him the way I guess the transition could go smoothly.

But there is one thing that surprised me ! How come Penthesilea not understand that men can "cause so much misery when they were nothing but slaves" ? She had strong feelings for Serkon, a man. Only his status was not slave. Like a majority of men in the region in which Penthesilea is currently living. The tribes with which Penthesilea deal each day are... for the most of them, male-dominated. That her customs lead her to consider men as slaves in the first place, does not mean she never met any non-slaves. She even considers some men of the council as friends or people of advice. She was able to taste a bit of their culture by living so close to them '-'
    I was just surprised by that line :o But I guess you can explain me a bit more what's the thinking of your character @MrsRacooney :)

Definitely! Io would have raised her son (Chrysippos) with love and would have taught him many things, self-worth and that he's loved maybe the most important one. So true what you said about that that can't be given by a slave trader!
    Boras will have just another "son" and be Alexander's mentor. He really has a huge extended family in this regard :)
    Yeah... that sentence... :s Another example for the fact that the culture of our tribes is very present in our own minds, but not in our readers' ones. Any Amazon story writer can agree, there I guess.
    Obviously, Penthesilea would have an entirely different stand than she currently has if she was convinced that every man is a slave. In the mythology and belief of her tribe, surprisingly, free men do exist! But they're always in the role of the villain or a lover or, rarely, a protector - sent by the Goddess and obeying her commands! While women have a free mind, men are seen as prone to vice and can only follow the true path if they're led by the Goddess. So, even if there are free men around they are depicted as "slaves of themselves" and thus, need the lead of a woman, preferrably as her slaves of course.
    Penthesilea's beliefs in that regard have indeed softened up and she sees some of the men even as her friends - but to admit that would be questioning the Goddess! :o So she needs to hide that even from herself because that would be the first step to blasphemy. Also, she wouldn't ever say she's in love with Serkon or anyone else. Caring about him, yes. But not in love.

That... was an entire essay now but I do hope it explained that a little? :D For you and anyone, if you have questions just ask. Sometimes it's easy to forget that you don't know the culture as well as I do :D
    fdZPJYy.jpg
    Chapters | Updated 09/26
  • Options
    ZurkaZurka Posts: 42 Member
    Ok I understand Penthesilea's thinking a bit more now. Thank you for explaining that to me :) Looking forward to your next chapter !! o /
  • Options
    @Zurka The next chapter... still needs a lot of thinking. And writing. And screenshotting. And maybe even building :#
    fdZPJYy.jpg
    Chapters | Updated 09/26
  • Options
    DamaroDamaro Posts: 387 Member
    edited November 2017
    Have you ever thought about building calls? Like the casting calls just for places.

EDIT: Darn I forgot xD Very, very nice chapter btw. I did not expect that so early... may I ask what exactly it caused?
  • Options
    @DarkRavenSoul To be honest, no :D Somehow that idea didn't enter my mind yet. It's great, but usually when I feel the need to build something it needs to perfectly fit the image in my head. :D Veeery excentric. Plus in the moment the gallery gives me some headache :sweat:
    What caused what? Evandros' death? I'm not in my laptop at the moment but I figure he was in his 60s already plus he might have survived the plague but that strain began to show now that he was getting older. :/ His physical condition deteriorated quickly in the last time
    And for Io and mating, she wanted to wait until Phyllis is older. Phyllis is a child now (she was in the pic where Chrysippos was taken away) so that condition is fulfilled, why wait? We did skip some time though ;)
    fdZPJYy.jpg
    Chapters | Updated 09/26
  • Options
    We have officially reached 5k views! Wow, I'm blown away! :dizzy: You guys are amazing and I want to thank each single one of you, lively commenters and silent readers! If you have any wish of what you've always wanted to know or see or read, now's the time to ask :D
    Otherwise I'll leave you with this wedding pic of young Boras and his wife Niara because Evandros' death has made me melancholic.
    28gxqv4.png
    fdZPJYy.jpg
    Chapters | Updated 09/26
  • Options
    ForgottenPixelsForgottenPixels Posts: 11,376 Member
    @MrsRacooney I've always been curious what time period this is set in or is it a mix of them?
  • Options
    Very nice picture! <3
  • Options
    Bugsie2016 wrote: »
    @MrsRacooney I've always been curious what time period this is set in or is it a mix of them?

Oh goodness, for that one I wasn't prepared :D It's all the better, though.
    Since this is considered kind of a fantasy world to which all other Amazon stories belong as well (in my head), it can't really be defined by a time period. However, if it had to be it would probably be dated in the second or third century AD. I guess. :D
    There's kind of an Amazon history so if you or anyone else knows two of the oldest (?) Amazon Challenges you can date Penthesilea within the first generation of tribe Blessing Moon by @roseinblack69 and gen 4 of @pammiechick 's tribe Wahine. Those are two of the most familiar ones. :)

@roseinblack69 Yes. Boras used to be surprisingly young then :D
    fdZPJYy.jpg
    Chapters | Updated 09/26
  • Options
    ForgottenPixelsForgottenPixels Posts: 11,376 Member
    @MrsRacooney Another question: How did you choose everyone's names?
  • Options
    Bugsie2016 wrote: »

Oh goodness, for that one I wasn't prepared :D It's all the better, though.
    Since this is considered kind of a fantasy world to which all other Amazon stories belong as well (in my head), it can't really be defined by a time period. However, if it had to be it would probably be dated in the second or third century AD. I guess. :D
    There's kind of an Amazon history so if you or anyone else knows two of the oldest (?) Amazon Challenges you can date Penthesilea within the first generation of tribe Blessing Moon by @roseinblack69 and gen 4 of @pammiechick 's tribe Wahine. Those are two of the most familiar ones. :)

@roseinblack69 Yes. Boras used to be surprisingly young then :D

Haha, I've never thought that my story is one of the oldest :o Then I and @pammiechick should feel like veterans :D However, it's really great and I miss my Blessing Moon tribe. Maybe when I'll get my new laptop I'll get some inspiration to write a new chapter ;) I hope so... :)
  • Options
    Sorry for the mistakes! I hate when have use mobile internet, but I don't have other possibility at this moment :/
  • Options
    @roseinblack69 Not 100% certain but yours are two of the hugest ones in any case. So yes, feel like veterans and celebrities as much as you want :D I miss them too :'( And I can't guarantee that if you keep neglecting them nobody will come over and threaten you. And don't worry about the mistakes, last time I wrote from my phone it exchanged a smiley and that made the whole comment sound mean instead of funny :joy:

@Bugsie2016 Everything is revealed now :# A relict from earlier times when I was obsessed with Greek mythology is a list with more than 500 ancient Greek names on my laptop... Most of them are from that. Penthesilea was also the Amazon queen who participated in the Trojan War on Troy's side but lost the duel against the Greeks' greatest hero Achilles and was killed. The myth says that Achilles fell in love with the dying queen and mourned her death.
    For Io, Haimon, Phyllis and most of the others, I just skimmed through the list and chose the name that I liked the most for them. Much is perceived by sounds, so if I found them fit their character it was likely that the readers would find that as well. :)
    Serkon and Protego is slightly awkward to admit. Apparently I was too lazy to change into the list and go through it (you'd be too if you had given makeovers and renamed two dozen sims!), so I just invented some names :joy: *goes and hides*
    fdZPJYy.jpg
    Chapters | Updated 09/26