Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Back To Top Option for Website Please.

CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
edited April 2017 in Forum Ideas & Feedback
Can we get a button at bottom of pages that takes us back to the top of the webpage? so we can change the category when we have scrolled down to the bottom of the page. It's annoying to have to scroll back 'up' to get to top of page (especially picture threads) and need an easy way to get to top of page again to change the category we want to see next etc. after finishing reading an entire thread etc. Thank you.
"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

Comments

• Options
    Uzone27Uzone27 Posts: 2,808 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Can we get a button at bottom of pages that takes us back to the top of the webpage? so we can change the category when we have scrolled down to the bottom of the page. It's annoying to have to scroll back 'up' to get to top of page (especially picture threads) and need an easy way to get to top of page again to change the category we want to see next etc. after finishing reading an entire thread etc. Thank you.

What's wrong with the return to top link?
  • Options
    Savage_Patch_KiddSavage_Patch_Kidd Posts: 2,937 Member
    Uzone27 wrote: »

Wth, I've been active for 2 years & I've only just noticed that.
    tumblr_oy1xa2eHV31uvsi7jo2_1280.gif
  • Options
    Uzone27Uzone27 Posts: 2,808 Member

It's not on screen most of the time.
  • Options
    Savage_Patch_KiddSavage_Patch_Kidd Posts: 2,937 Member
    Oh, ok.

I still feel like giving myself a facepalm though.
    tumblr_oy1xa2eHV31uvsi7jo2_1280.gif
  • Options
    lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,288 Member
    I'm not sure if your asking this for the threads as there is a "Return to Top" button at the bottom of the thread or if you're asking for this to be added to the forum sections ie: The Sims 3 General Discussion, The Sims 4 GD and other sections.

I visit the "What Happened in your Sims game today?" that's over in the TS3 GD section and use the "Return to Top" button all of the time if I'm on my Nook Tablet and my PC.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited April 2017

It's not on screen most of the time.

It's not on my screen and never has been. ETA: Oh, wait, it's way at the bottom below Post comment....well this is the first time I have ever seen it. ETA: But it should be moved so it's obvious right below page numbers, no one scrolls lower than page numbers unless they want to comment or reply etc. AKA it's way below the comment box....it should be under the page numbers.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    edited April 2017
    @Cinebar
    I don't get the return to top option on my smartphone. (Android OS)
    I also don't get the option to go to a particular page at the top of a long thread. I have to scroll to the bottom of the first page to get that.
    Post edited by Simburian on