Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why the stuff packs doesn't have a section on the forum?

Pretty much what the title say, the game packs and expansions packs have each their section, but the stuff packs are discussed on the general section, wouldn't it be better if it had his own section? Is there a reason that I maybe don't know?
gCQKjq4.png

Comments

• Options
    Gabe_ozGabe_oz Posts: 1,880 Member
    They did, it was recently merged with the general discussion section.
  • Options
    plopppo2plopppo2 Posts: 3,420 Member
    Probably because the moderators had to keep moving the threads manually into the SP section from General Discussion. It is probably easier to just let it go on here and not have to move anything.
  • Options
    CiarassimsCiarassims Posts: 3,547 Member
    Drake decided to remove it for some reason ages ago
    giphy_1.gif
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,552 Member
    edited March 2017
    It doesn't make much sense to me - ts3 has a stuff pack section. But then, ts3 doesn't have it's own creative corner section and ts4 does... so who knows the reasons for these decisions?
  • Options
    lyralyra Posts: 420 Member
    I think it's because there are a lot of stuff packs and not too many people start threads on individual packs, so they decided to just have 'discussion' about it in General Discussion.
  • Options
    TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    The stuff pack section wasn't very active. People only posted right around the release and then it'd go unused the majority of the time.
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • Options
    LouciferLoucifer Posts: 199 Member
    So it kinda like spiting into the wind. You post here maybe it will be seen or follow the mass to face book etc pay the corporate giant and U will be seen (why I dont post much)
    When the government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny
    Thomas Jefferson (3rd US President)
  • Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    It doesn't make much sense to me - ts3 has a stuff pack section. But then, ts3 doesn't have it's own creative corner section and ts4 does... so who knows the reasons for these decisions?

the sims 3 had always had sections for builders,sims,worlds...
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options
    lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,297 Member
    marcel21 wrote: »

When it was in the TS3, it was just called Creative Corner but then got moved up top so that players of TS2/TS3/TS4 can post in it even though TS2/TS4 have their own sections which isn't fair in my opinion. SimGuruDrake had said last year that she was going to be moving the TS4 Creative Corner to the Creative Corner up top and that they all would have the own sections to themselves. But this hasn't yet been done as I think that she either just doesn't care to arrange it like she said or she's just forgotten about it which I seriously doubt that she did since there was a thread made about it last October that just about everyone in the thread had tagged her in in hopes that she would do it so that people like me who don't play TS4 don't have to wade through the TS4 threads to find TS3 threads.
    •The Sims 4 Creative Corner will be merged into it's own Creative Corner section along side creative sections for Sims 2 and Sims 3. We really want to help highlight our creative community in one space instead of separating by which version you are playing on. - IN PROGRESS

• Options
    SimmerOfEnglandSimmerOfEngland Posts: 194 Member

Aha its all very confusing :heart:
    ⭐ Say what you think, love who you love 'cause you just get so many trips around the sun ⭐

Simmer since 2009
    S4 content owned - GTW, GT, CL, OR, DO, SD, P, V, KR, SS, BS, FS, BN, RG, MH, LP, PP, LP, CK, VG,
    Sims lost:7
  • Options
    aricaraiaricarai Posts: 8,984 Member
    lisasc360 wrote: »
    marcel21 wrote: »

When it was in the TS3, it was just called Creative Corner but then got moved up top so that players of TS2/TS3/TS4 can post in it even though TS2/TS4 have their own sections which isn't fair in my opinion. SimGuruDrake had said last year that she was going to be moving the TS4 Creative Corner to the Creative Corner up top and that they all would have the own sections to themselves. But this hasn't yet been done as I think that she either just doesn't care to arrange it like she said or she's just forgotten about it which I seriously doubt that she did since there was a thread made about it last October that just about everyone in the thread had tagged her in in hopes that she would do it so that people like me who don't play TS4 don't have to wade through the TS4 threads to find TS3 threads.
    •The Sims 4 Creative Corner will be merged into it's own Creative Corner section along side creative sections for Sims 2 and Sims 3. We really want to help highlight our creative community in one space instead of separating by which version you are playing on. - IN PROGRESS

I think the TS3 CC topic is forbidden. Someone else just recently asked the same question and their topic got merged with the one from October that was closed without explanation so clearly it's not to be discussed.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member

SimGuruGraham wanted stuff pack discussions and news etc. in the general where they get more notice. There were not enough topics since he is over stuff packs I guess it matters where he wants them. :)
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,629 Member
    edited May 2017
    Thanks for making this a thing again. It can really help with narrowing a search down. It would be lovely if the old threads could get moved back, though?
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    divine_simmerdivine_simmer Posts: 30 Member
    This is a bit different to the old site and I wondered why there was no stuff pack areas anymore
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    This is a bit different to the old site and I wondered why there was no stuff pack areas anymore

They just put it back as of this morning.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.