Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

No accidental Deaths - I'm being a reaper here hehe, but I want DEATH!

I've had neighbours kark it when there's been a fire, but never one of my own sims unless they are on their very last tottery old legs and almost need a walking frame or a wheelchair!

Not one of my sims has died of starvation, fire, electrocution. And aren't there deaths like die of laughter, sex and I'm sure there were others.

How do you do it? Or should I say how do you knock your sim off whilst it still is accidental?

Comments

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    Hello
    These are links to death cheats if you would like to use them
    https://simsvip.com/sims-4-cheats-codes/#Death
    http://sims-online.com/sims-4-game-info/sims-4-game-cheats-codes/ ( half way down the page )

EuphorialQueen posted this way to cause death
    When I absolutely positively need the space there is a 'painless' method. Set up the Microphone and surround it with My Sim statues or anything that gives the playful moodlet. Be sure to Enable the moodlet. Have the Sim drink Instant Fun potions and start telling Jokes on the microphone. Eventually they will die laughing. ;)
  • Options
    CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    edited March 2017
    i was actually thinking it had become far too easy to kill my own sims by accident with Hysteria.
    i have to actively avoid the "funny" and "mischief" tabs with my sim, otherwise he will surely die with all the happy buffs he usually has on
    if someone decides to joke with him on their own, i'd better be paying attention so I can calm him down in a mirror, otherwise he'll kick the bucket for sure. It's mainly because new gameplay from DLC has added more and more ways to get happy moodlets, but it still takes as much playfulness to get hysteria as it used to...which in my opinion is problematic.

as for woohoo deaths, i believe it only happens to elders and you need to do it twice in a row.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • Options
    SablesashaSablesasha Posts: 417 Member

Wow I'd love to see them die from laughter/hysteria. Well anything other than just happy families all the time. I think the only excitement I've had is after getting CL, one of my sim's neighbours started flirting and his girlfriend got in a snit with him! :open_mouth:

thanks for the links
  • Options
    PsychoSimXXPsychoSimXX Posts: 4,403 Member
    I had to install a mod for no emotional deaths because I was killing Shinya left and right!!!!! He kept getting mortified and die when Mortimer would walk into the hotel room and catch Shinya and Bella together. I was glad I had found the mod because the last time I played it without it all three of them died right there in the hotel room!!!

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
  • Options
    lulubadwolflulubadwolf Posts: 630 Member
    I love the emotional death but i also would love a buyable reward trait to prevent any emotional death.
  • Options
    duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    So far the only deaths (besides old age) that I've had happen since the day I bought the base game to now are electrocution while fixing the stove (standing in water) and dying of hysteria from too many playful interactions. The Hysteria has killed several of my sims though, usually ones I'm trying to marry into my legacy families. I get them in the family just in time to watch them check their pulse and drop dead :/
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • Options
    SageRainWillowSageRainWillow Posts: 2,221 Member
    I love the meteor death in 3. I only ever saw it once (and I still play 3, so it's exceptionally rare!) But it's things like that spontaneous moment I miss. My sim was fishing and all of a sudden, she's getting actions that are wildly changing behind her fishing icon. One of them said something like "the sky sure is dark right now". I had no idea what was going on, but I had her stop fishing and walk a little ways. Well, it hit her before I could figure it out lol.

I would love to see more spontaneous deaths. However, I also know we are limited on WHERE we can die. Sims can only die on a lot. Not while fishing or standing in the middle of a San Myshuno square. But surely there's gotta be some unpredictability they could add. Curses? A new Murphy bed? A more vicious cowplant? Or maybe a way to transmogrify that useless Sixam Mosquito plant so it's larger and can eat sims.

42959178421_482f6f6a5c_o.png

• Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    shellbeme wrote: »
    It is not easy for sims to die. We need some unpredictable accidents or something. There is too much rainbow and sunshine in the game and not enough negative consequences.

This. I miss death by flies, I miss death by drowning and your sims being killed by a meteor. I miss unpredictability. Someone told me here that fires were reduced after people complained.

I don't like the emotional deaths. Death by laughter really?
  • Options
    PancakesandwichPancakesandwich Posts: 2,038 Member
    It is not easy for sims to die. We need some unpredictable accidents or something. There is too much rainbow and sunshine in the game and not enough negative consequences.
    EXACTLY this! When the game gets its Seasons pack I'd love to have random lightning deaths by standing outside during a thunderstorm for example. So you can still choose to not go outside and stay safe, but if you do then it's risky. (and trust me: My Sims aren't going inside because of something like weather! >:) )
    And what else is there... maybe make the cowplant befriendable, then let it have a chance to randomly swallow a Sim who's just feeding it. The chance could decrease by being good friends with it, or by petting it before feeding. Once again, there is a way to set the risk to 0% for those that don't want it, but you can easily just avoid that and take the risk anyways.
    This would be the ideal form in my opinion. Random deaths with an adjustable risk. So all sides are pleased (the ones like me who like taking risks, and the ones who just want to play their Sims, and those who like to switch between both) :)

On the one hand, we've got a billion different happiness moodlets that boost positive emotions like playful. But then again, there is a possible death by being playful. That's the part I don't get: Do they want to promote Sims being happy, or do they want us to make their lives worse?
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    EXACTLY this! When the game gets its Seasons pack I'd love to have random lightning deaths by standing outside during a thunderstorm for example. So you can still choose to not go outside and stay safe, but if you do then it's risky. (and trust me: My Sims aren't going inside because of something like weather! >:) )
    And what else is there... maybe make the cowplant befriendable, then let it have a chance to randomly swallow a Sim who's just feeding it. The chance could decrease by being good friends with it, or by petting it before feeding. Once again, there is a way to set the risk to 0% for those that don't want it, but you can easily just avoid that and take the risk anyways.
    This would be the ideal form in my opinion. Random deaths with an adjustable risk. So all sides are pleased (the ones like me who like taking risks, and the ones who just want to play their Sims, and those who like to switch between both) :)

On the one hand, we've got a billion different happiness moodlets that boost positive emotions like playful. But then again, there is a possible death by being playful. That's the part I don't get: Do they want to promote Sims being happy, or do they want us to make their lives worse?

I don't get the impression with this iteration we are being "encouraged" to test the boundaries because there's a lack of consequence and death. In the sims 1 and 2 it was very easy to die in a house fire. In the sims 1 the official guide says to make money, have your sim marry a rich sim and kill him off, it tells you about the swimming pool trick. There was also many ways to die in the past iterations.

Apart from the many emotional deaths in the sims 4 we don't have many other ways to die. No unpredictabile ways where the game just throws a curve ball at you like death by satellite, death by flies.

I think considering how darn happy sims 4 sims are, the goal of this series is to make them happy. I've found even in the most squalid of houses, with no money, unpaid bills galore and negative things happening like heir spouse cheating on them and being fired, my sims don't really care. They are happy.
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    If it wasn't for the introduction of emotional influence, I'd have no deaths in my game at all other than old age.
  • Options
    SkobeeSkobee Posts: 2,864 Member
    I don't even have deaths with emotions! I feel like this game is really.. happy and not.. death xD. Oh you know what I mean! We're simmers here. In the Sims 2 I felt like I had to keep an eye on them, because it could happen. However now I could leave the game on for a week if I wanted to and no one would die or something bad would happen.

I want drama!
    Origin ID - RosyAngelina
  • Options
    SablesashaSablesasha Posts: 417 Member
    Skobee wrote: »
    I don't even have deaths with emotions! I feel like this game is really.. happy and not.. death xD. Oh you know what I mean! We're simmers here. In the Sims 2 I felt like I had to keep an eye on them, because it could happen. However now I could leave the game on for a week if I wanted to and no one would die or something bad would happen.

I want drama!

Yes me too!

I did the Independence Challenge - where you create parents and they have four kids and you don't interfere or help them, and not one unfortunate thing happened to them. I thought one of the kids would get taken away at least. Or one of the parents would die from exhaustion because they haven't got time to eat. But noooo they happily carried on stretched to the limit and happy about it
  • Options
    Let's hope that the Dangerous Stuff pack is going to win the voting process (if you didn't vote yet, do please). It'll certainly add more randomness to deaths.

@SimGuruGraham I think this thread here is pretty good for some ideas too, if you haven't seen it yet :)
  • Options
    MsPhyMsPhy Posts: 5,055 Member
    I quit playing for about a year, and when I started playing again with the introduction of toddlers, I noticed that it is virtually impossible to kill my Sims. I used to have my routines down so I could "collect death types" for Legacy Challenge, but when the Sims get too close to the edge, it now grays out my options that would push them over.
  • Options
    AvaSims4080AvaSims4080 Posts: 810 Member
    You can have a Sim with no Handy skill try and fix a broken TV, that normally ends badly when I do it.
    You can have a Sim propose to a Non-Committal Sim, who will refuse and make the proposing Sim mortified. This will instantly kill them off.
  • Options
    SaluyotBubblegumSaluyotBubblegum Posts: 3 New Member
    Sims 4 has only 12 (as far as I know) and the Sims 2 has 20+ --- even with the ridiculous ones like death by scissors playset thing... and even The Sims 3 has same as 2...:smile:

Need more random deatn procs please. :p
  • Options
    xJawdinxJawdin Posts: 42 Member
    ...now that I think of it. I can only really think of ONE sim in one of my past saves that got killed (accidentally of course bc I didn't know if you fixed something and got shocked and then repaired it again you could die) :#
    tumblr_ncmw3fJCnf1sz111so1_250.gif
  • Options
    ratsrbestratsrbest Posts: 579 Member
    One of my first Sims was standing in the road and a car whizzed by, just missing her.

"That was lucky" I thought not realising that the cars can't touch the Sims.

Perhaps a kind modder could be persuaded to make the cars a tad more solid?
    Don't feed the trolls
  • Options
    Hey! I've just had an accidental death!

Okay, I actually just used the wrong cheat at the wrong time, resulting in some lethal laughter quite instantly.

But technically that's an accidental and absolutely unplanned death :3

I'd still say that having random deaths would be a really nice thing for this game. As I said before, they should be avoidable by doing something (or NOT doing something) but should always be there for those that want the risk. I'm hoping that the Dangerous Stuff Pack wins the contest and then adds some things like that.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,570 Member
    I do miss that edgy factor from the Sims2. Your Sim could be scared to death by a ghost. You could lose your pregnant Sim to starvation, or should she dare to take out the trash. More often than not a Sim could get electrocuted. The Cowplant rarely just spit somebody out, first time. For what it's worth, I made Dangerous Stuff Pack as my #1 choice, too.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    JimG72JimG72 Posts: 1,161 Member
    Put the "Cursed" lot trait on your lot. The frequency of fires will go way up. You'll also have a greater chance for electrocution.
  • Options
    LaceyroseLaceyrose Posts: 587 Member
    If you have the Vampire pack.. you can always have Vlad ( or your own favorite vampire ) cast Hallucinate on another vampire while it is standing in the sun. LOL.. in fact, I took it a step further in my game.. I tried ( though I know they won't die.. but, I TRIED :) to kill a pregnant vampire .. I built a half wall around her as the sun was coming up, and then had Vlad cast hallucinate on her.. she got toasty .. but no death.
  • Options
    aaronrulzaaronrulz Posts: 4,098 Member
    Electrocution isn't really an unexpected death. Isn't the first shock a warning? Then if you purposely have your sim keep repairing, then they will die of electrocution. It never happens on the first time...if it did, THEN I would consider unexpected. But to have your sim die you have to have them repair again which isn't that shocking and unexpected to me. The same thing happens in the sauna. The first time they come out the won't die over overheating unless you make them go back in. I have never seen an overheated sim go back into the sauna on free will.