Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Apartment Switch - Switch Four Rules and Discussion

IllusoryThrallIllusoryThrall Posts: 1,335 Member
edited March 5 in Nominated Threads
This is the fourth mini-challenge in "The Apartment Switch" challenge. It can be played alone, but is intended for play with your heir from Switch Two (if you missed that, the link is below.)

The Main Rules and Getting Started info:

Please read The Main Rules and Info post here on the forums or on my website Here before reading this post. How to get set up for this first challenge is described there, as well as detailing all of the rules that all switches follow. When you're ready to continue, just come back here to read on.

Switch One on my website and on these forums.
Switch Two on my website and on these forums.
Switch Three on my website and on these forums.

The Apartment Switch: Switch Four

You now have an heir and you're ready to move on to Switch Four Split the household, move your heir into 17 Culpepper Street, and reduce funds to 0 just like we did in the last Switch. (again, "testingcheats on", "money 0", then "testingcheats off")

Your Goals in Switch Four

Okay, now your're ready to play and again have three goals:
  1. (once again) get your apartment value up to within the target funds amount and move to the next apartment until you get to the last apartment.
  2. (also again) Have your heir ready to start the next Switch. (This was explained in Switch One, refer back there if you've forgotten.)
  3. Get to max level on one of your sims (other than the heir) in either branch of the Social Media Career (Internet Personality or Public Relations Representative). I leave which sim and which branch up to you. I will say, however, that one seems much easier than the other. It could have just been my test playthrough, though.

The major challenge here is making enough money to get to your first "penthouse" while working on the Social Media career. This will not be an easy task, but if you set yourself up to make money while working on the career too, then you should be able to do it just fine.

The Apartments:

The notes from the the first switch still apply to this one. If you've forgotten, refer back to Switch One.

Apartment One: 17 Culpepper House

17culpepper.jpg
  • District: Spice Market
  • Lot Trait: Gremlins
  • Rent per week: 400
  • Deposit: 800
  • Target Value: 8,000 - 10,000

Designed for 1 bedroom, 1 bath... and all I have to say is.. have fun with this one. That lot trait is almost as bad as the rats and wiring and plumbing problems in the early switches. Almost. Still, it's got a decent amount of space for a single bedroom and should be pretty easy to decorate or build.

Apartment Two: 920 Medina Studios

920medina.jpg
  • District: Arts Quarter
  • Lot Traits: Quiet, Haunted
  • Rent per week: 1,000
  • Deposit: 800
  • Minimum Move in Amount: 8,000 - 1,000 - 800 = You'll have about 6,200 to spend on furniture.
  • Target Value: 16,000 - 18,000

This apartment is designed for 2 bedroom 1 bathroom, and there's plenty of space in those bedrooms. On extreme, you have lots of space for putting together a decent two bedroom apartment, and even to add a bathroom or a study. The ghosts shouldn't bother you too bad, plus, your handiness should already be pretty good from the Gremlins in the last apartment!

Apartment Three: 122 Hakim House

122hakim.jpg
  • District: Arts Quarter
  • Lot Trait: Historical
  • Rent per week: 1,400
  • Deposit: 5,600
  • Minimum Move in Amount: 16,000 - 1,400 - 5,600 = about 9,000 to spend on furnishings.
  • Target Value: 40,000 - 45,000

Designed for 3 bedroom, 2 bath - and this place is huge! Feel free to move walls around if a three bedroom apartment isn't what you're needing.. there's one bathroom that's taking up way too much room. Beyond that, this place is great. You'll find that decorating (or building to suit) is easy when they give you this much room.

Apartment Four: The Old Salt House

oldsalt.jpg
oldsalt2.jpg
  • District: Spice Market
  • Lot Trait: Convivial
  • Rent per week: 0 (you'll have normal bills instead)
  • Unfurnished Purchase Cost: 50,320 (normal)
  • Bulldozed Purchase Cost: 9,000 (extreme)
  • Minimum Move in Amount: 40,000 - 50,320 = on normal mode you're going to have to save up to move into this "apartment."
  • 40,000 - 9,000 = on extreme mode you'll have about 41,000 to build and buy furniture on what is, essentially, a plain old empty house lot, not an apartment at all.
  • Target Value: 80,000

This one is the your first "penthouse" - read: house lot - even basements are possible here. It doesn't have to have an elevator and stuff, so you're really free to build whatever you'd like here if you're on Extreme (and even if you're on Normal.) The unfurnished house is designed for 3 bedrooms, 2 baths. The move-in price is pretty steep if you're on Normal, but then at least you won't be faced with an empty lot to build on. This is definitely a lot you want to save up for before moving in.

The Community Lot - The Mystery Lot

Just like last time, if you're doing the challenge on Extreme difficulty, as soon as you hit 80k value with your penthouse, you're free to go build your very own ... well... whatever you want. Since you already have a Karaoke bar in your city, feel free to make this lot whatever you want. Some ideas include either a Restaurant or a Spa, both of which have to be placed by you since there aren't any in any of the sims neighborhoods. If you don't own those packs, don't despair, there's plenty of lots types to choose from. This also opens this lot for traveling to (so long as you have 1k or more in the bank). You'll be building your art center on the Planet Honey Pop lot in San Myshuno:

And for goodness sake, change that name! Hehe.

Finishing this Switch

Now that you have your Young Adult heir, a level 10 social media icon, and you completed the above apartments, you are now ready to move to the next Switch. If you've forgotten how, refer to the top of the Switch Two page.
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top