Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

5 things that annoy me SO MUCH that it is preventing me from playing The Sims 4

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    mirta000mirta000 Posts: 2,974 Member
  • Options
    LilacUmbreonLilacUmbreon Posts: 153 Member
    [quote=

1. The time is bugged beyond belief for me. Sometimes I can't speed 4 at all, other times the time display is bugged and most often when I stop speed 3/ speed 4 from running the time and progress that sims achieve jumps backwards. THIS IS LEGITIMATELY THE WORST THING. This has been a bug since City Living released and it's really REALLY bad. Please, please, PLEASE EA can you actually fix this? Then I will happily pay for your stuff packs even! But currently for me, this is making the game unplayable!

2. Simulation either lags or does not execute at all. I get points where sims are slow to start doing what you ordered them to do. Or points when animation completely dies as they're trying to do something. Despite having full autonomy on, when I'm not controlling a sim, they just STAND THERE! Heck, The Sims 1 had better AI! And that sentence makes me a very sad bunny :(

Still I could put up with this if the time jumping around got fixed.

3. Random small bugs that never get fixed, however completely kill your ability to play with the content that you bought. Sims still occasionally get stuck singing and then you have to reload your game. Trying to play Dine Out is living (afterlife fiery place where bad people go, because for some reason that is a censored word on this forum) with the cooks managing to get stuck in an animation of non stop serving people. I have heard that other people are no longer able to use the waterslide, despite it being the major draw of a certain stuff pack.
    Like I wish EA stopped producing content at the rate that they're going and just turn around and fix the bugs. Even the small ones. At this rate I'm afraid that at the end of The Sims 4's lifespan it will be totally unplayable and in the end The Sims 3 will run better. Having in mind that the game is not open world and a lot of features from other games are missing, one thing that I hoped that we're exchanging all of that for is stability and bug free gameplay. 3 years into this games lifespan I'm afraid that I was very wrong on that.

4. Phone. Can I get an option to DISABLE ALL PHONE CALLS? Please! Pretty please! Seriously, in other sims games it was so much less annoying than this. In The Sims 1 and The Sims 2 I could just not own a phone and if I got called the time did not slow down to force me to check it out. So even if the phone rang a lot all you got was sound. In The Sims 3 I could disable most opportunities and things. In this game I can't. So imagine this, I'm already really struggling with time not working properly. Now I manage to actually get into speed 4 and am calmly waiting for my sims to stop sleeping/ being at work. Well at least one phone in the household rings EVERY GOOD 2 HOURS taking me out of speed 4.

The phonecalls themselves are just so random and not thought out, that it makes me think that they should not be there at all. A child sim can get called and asked to go and get "spicy" with someone, an adult sim can get an opportunity to "skip school and play hooky". I had a vampire sim saved from death by pleading and afterwards I still received good 5 phonecalls that said "I'm sorry for your loss". WHAT LOSS? WHAT LOSS GAME?

5. Musical chairs, or sims having attention deficit disorder. I'm happy that they CAN multitask, but could they stop trying to multitask without me asking them to? Eating sims will randomly sit down, stand up, walk around, choose a different chair, try to start up a conversation with someone on the street or go to a different room to listen to music. In every day play that just results in you canceling their actions a lot. However in Dine Out that often results in sims not finishinghe be helpful! o:)

I know that this is more of a "share what you hate about the Sims 4" forum, but I would like to help you out!

1. This website may help you out: Search "Answers.Ea Time Freezing & Resetting"

2. This website may help you out: Search "simscommunity The Sims 4: Simulation Lag Fix"

3. This website may help you out: Search "Crinrict's Sims 4 Help Blog Restaurant Employees and Culling" Also, the SimGurus do see your bugs and requests, and would hope to get to yours soon, but there is a lot of bugs needing fixing, and a lot of requests.

4. This website may help you out: Search "carls-sims-4-guide Topic: Turn off cell phone..." If you would like a quick explanation instead of reading the forum, you cannot actually turn off your phone, but you can silence your phone, and turn off opportunities in the "Options" menu, which would at least get you less phone calls

5. This website may help you out: Search "Yahoo Answers How do you stop a sim from doing what it wants?" If you do not wish to read the website though, a quick little explanation would be to hit the "Options" button and go to "Gameplay." There should be a section that says "Free Will" which is probably on. Check the box that says off and save your game.

Again, I know that this is more of a "share what you hate about the Sims 4" forum, but I just wanted to try to help you out! :)

Hope I have helped! Keep Simming, Simmers! o:)
  • Options
    @Missmagoo2 I have answered this already, but this website may help you out: Search "carls-sims-4-guide Topic: Turn off cell phone..." If you would like a quick explanation instead of reading the forum, you cannot actually turn off your phone, but you can silence your phone, and turn off opportunities in the "Options" menu, which would at least get you less phone calls
  • Options
    ratsrbestratsrbest Posts: 579 Member
    I had an interesting bug. I got a basketball hoop for my Sim because she wanted one and fixed it to the outside of the house.

She was sitting at a desk using a computer at the time so I directed her to go and play with the hoop. I heard this sort of gurgling sound and looked at my Sim, wondering what was happening.

Somehow she'd sunk through her chair and into the ground, up to her neck, and looked as if she was treading water.

No more basketball hoops for my Sims however much they want one.
    Don't feed the trolls
  • Options
    @Aeriexo11 This website may help you out with your "Sims stuck singing" problem! Search "help.ea How to reset stuck and unresponsive sims in the sims 4" Hope this helps! o:)
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    ratsrbest wrote: »
    I had an interesting bug. I got a basketball hoop for my Sim because she wanted one and fixed it to the outside of the house.

She was sitting at a desk using a computer at the time so I directed her to go and play with the hoop. I heard this sort of gurgling sound and looked at my Sim, wondering what was happening.

Somehow she'd sunk through her chair and into the ground, up to her neck, and looked as if she was treading water.

No more basketball hoops for my Sims however much they want one.

Hello
    This issue is referred to in this AHQ EA thread. It can happen when there is a basketball item on the lot.
    http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/OPEN-Underwater-Flip-Animation-outside-water/m-p/5681820#M29727
  • Options
    ratsrbestratsrbest Posts: 579 Member
    @rosemow - thanks, I added a 'Me too'.

And, they congratulated me and said I'd earned a Me Too badge. Some people have a sense of humour, don't they? Talk about adding insult to injury...

Don't feed the trolls
  • Options
    ratsrbest wrote: »
    @rosemow - thanks, I added a 'Me too'.

And, they congratulated me and said I'd earned a Me Too badge. Some people have a sense of humour, don't they? Talk about adding insult to injury...

You're welcome :) Some simmers have removed the basketball from their home lot to prevent this occurring.
  • Options
    mirta000mirta000 Posts: 2,974 Member
    1. This website may help you out: Search "Answers.Ea Time Freezing & Resetting"

Can you link a specific link to me directly? I'm seeing lots of pages with no solutions :(
    2. This website may help you out: Search "simscommunity The Sims 4: Simulation Lag Fix"

unfortunately the author of the mod has not updated said mod for forever :(
    3. This website may help you out: Search "Crinrict's Sims 4 Help Blog Restaurant Employees and Culling" Also, the SimGurus do see your bugs and requests, and would hope to get to yours soon, but there is a lot of bugs needing fixing, and a lot of requests.

Not the exact problem. Yes my employees age and die, however restaurant bugs are to do with vampires being randomly employed, customers not sitting down to order and cooks getting stuck in that serving animation (when that happens all you can do is close the business for the day).

And yes, I know that there's a lot of bug requests, however these are the things that bugged out pretty much as soon as content came out and just got worse over time. With this kind of quality at the end of TS4's lifespan we risk it being far more unplayable than TS3.
    4. This website may help you out: Search "carls-sims-4-guide Topic: Turn off cell phone..." If you would like a quick explanation instead of reading the forum, you cannot actually turn off your phone, but you can silence your phone, and turn off opportunities in the "Options" menu, which would at least get you less phone calls

can you once again give me a direct link, as I can't find it? That being said I did not know that I can turn off opportunities. I will be searching for that option in game now!
  • Options
    SarahsShadySarahsShady Posts: 963 Member
    1. The time is bugged beyond belief for me. Sometimes I can't speed 4 at all, other times the time display is bugged and most often when I stop speed 3/ speed 4 from running the time and progress that sims achieve jumps backwards. THIS IS LEGITIMATELY THE WORST THING. This has been a bug since City Living released and it's really REALLY bad. Please, please, PLEASE EA can you actually fix this? Then I will happily pay for your stuff packs even! But currently for me, this is making the game unplayable!

The time thing is really killing me. I don't want to stare at my sleeping sim!
    Let me fast forward thru the night. I've compared the time from normal, med & fast and I found med & fast are the same. Super slow.
    giphy.gif

Please Bring Back Toddlers, Realistic Teenagers and Create a World.
    Make the Sims (4) Great Again<3

• Options

The time thing is really killing me. I don't want to stare at my sleeping sim!
    Let me fast forward thru the night. I've compared the time from normal, med & fast and I found med & fast are the same. Super slow.

Hello
    Are your sims living in San Myshuno and are you finding that ultra speed is not working? Some simmers have been having issues with ultra speed in the City world, If it is occurring there, you may like to post feedback on this AHQ EA thread
    http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/OPEN-CL-No-ultra-speed-while-living-in-Apartments/td-p/5686728