Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Bowling Night = Recycled Stuff?

Comments

• Options
    TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    The premise that the items in the OP were recycled was speculation and has since been refuted. :p
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    edited March 2017
    Stop complaining ! If you don't happy you don't buy. It's true, they don't ever do the best for TS4 but here, there is no need to complain.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    DrakoVongola2DrakoVongola2 Posts: 60 Member
    MissCherie wrote: »
    They're similar but hardly the same, lets save those accusations until we see the whole pack o-o
    MissCherie wrote: »
    I had the same though when I saw it, I feel like they took an existing hairstyle and piece of clothing, and just modified it a bit, I even did took a screenshot of the outfit we already have to show a friend how similar it was.

I wish they would stop wasting time on stuff packs, and would use that time on fixing bugs and glitches.

Very unlikely that the people drawing and designing stuff packs are the people programming bug fixes

People need to stop to act like the team making the SP are plum and have no computer knowledge, if they work for EA they must have some coding/programing skills, people act like if EA decided tomorrow to cut the SP, that the team would be fired cause they cannot do anything else than designing clothing/hairstyles.

I don't think EA, or any other company, hires people for an art/design team based on their programming experience
  • Options
    DeservedCriticismDeservedCriticism Posts: 2,251 Member
    Yknow I agree they're definitely two different assets, but it's definitely a bit odd that they chose to have two rather similar hairstyles released in back-to-back stuff packs. It's not a problem to have similar hairstyles in the grand scheme of things, I'd say, but I can also understand the complaints when the Stuff pack team basically said "So in December we're offering a cute short bob haircut for people who like that sort of thing, and then for March we're really mixing it up with this other cute short bob, but this time it's more on the left instead of the right!" I'd imagine it's a bit disappointing.
    "Who are you, that do not know your history?"
  • Options
    Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    It's underwhealming
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    edited March 2017
    Instead of the 387th belly-free female outfit they could finally give us some sexy clothes or chest hair for the men.
  • Options
    DeservedCriticismDeservedCriticism Posts: 2,251 Member
    Instead of 387th belly-free female outfit they could finally give us some sexy clothes or chest hair for the men.

Or sexy belly outfits for women so the ladies can show off that manly chest hair. Yknow, kill two birds with one stone.
    "Who are you, that do not know your history?"
  • Options
    NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member
    Yknow I agree they're definitely two different assets, but it's definitely a bit odd that they chose to have two rather similar hairstyles released in back-to-back stuff packs. It's not a problem to have similar hairstyles in the grand scheme of things, I'd say, but I can also understand the complaints when the Stuff pack team basically said "So in December we're offering a cute short bob haircut for people who like that sort of thing, and then for March we're really mixing it up with this other cute short bob, but this time it's more on the left instead of the right!" I'd imagine it's a bit disappointing.

People have been asking for more curly and ethnic hairstyles. We've got more ethnic in CL and BY, we're getting more curly in Vintage and Bowling. I'm not disappointed, there weren't that many curly hairstyles before, so I'm glad they are adding some.
  • Options
    Instead of 387th belly-free female outfit they could finally give us some sexy clothes or chest hair for the men.

Or sexy belly outfits for women so the ladies can show off that manly chest hair. Yknow, kill two birds with one stone.
    To everyone what he/she likes B) .

• Options
    TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    Neia wrote: »

People have been asking for more curly and ethnic hairstyles. We've got more ethnic in CL and BY, we're getting more curly in Vintage and Bowling. I'm not disappointed, there weren't that many curly hairstyles before, so I'm glad they are adding some.

Not to mention that everytime I see a hairstyle that gets parted to one side, I want it for the other side as well. So even if they were literally just 'mirroring' a style, I still wouldn't mind tbh.
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • Options
    TriplisTriplis Posts: 3,048 Member
    You nailed it - I think it's a pretty unique addition to the overall style of the game that we haven't yet captured. Mid-century modern is a favorite of mine.
    For what it's worth, I like the look of it so far. So well done to you guys. :)
    Mods moved from MTS, now hosted at: https://triplis.github.io
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    edited March 2017

As someone who regularly restyles her hair in spite of it not changing length, I absolutely want them to do this. I want to have styles available to me that make it seem like two days ago I ironed my hair straight, yesterday I blowdried it for volume, today I took my flatiron to it for loose waves. Plenty of women change their part day to day, side to side - me, sometimes I have one, sometimes I style my hair so there isn't one. Sometimes my bangs are straight down, sometimes they're to one side, sometimes the other. If I can have multiple medium-length bobs with bangs either down or brushed aside, I can do more to make it like a real woman wears her hair: sometimes this way, sometimes that, with more variety than just ponytail-or-not. And I can have fewer Sims around town who look the same at a glance even if they strike me as all likely to have medium-length hair. So, a right-parted bob and a left-parted bob? Yes, please! That's a kind of variety I actively want and am frustrated in CAS when I don't have it. As someone who's never wanted to deal with CC, I want to be sold more variety of everyday hairstyles, even when that variety is subtle.

Edited to add: But I definitely also need more non-body-revealing clothing. Love the outfit here anyways.

EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    No matter what the style of this pack is I'm looking forward to bowling. After TS3 University I had a self-made bowling venue in every world. I wish however that the Sims team would treat SPs with more care instead of breaking everything with the following pack. In the German edition the waterslide from Backyard is broken since CL and nobody cares. I can use no feature from Vintage properly. This should get better!
  • Options
    WulfsimmerWulfsimmer Posts: 4,381 Member
    If anyone thinks I am just hating the pack, on the contrary, I love the pack and will still get it. I was just underwhelmed (and still am to some extent) that the CAS look 'similar'
    Random-gifs-random-18723411-368-312.gif

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Yoko2112 wrote: »
    Similarities in shape or style are not indicative of assets being "recycled". These assets were built from the ground up to fit the aesthetic of our bowling pack.

I really like the aesthetic you were going for with this pack :) It's retro, but not Roaring Twenties like Vintage Glamour Stuff. Feels 50s-esque with a modern twist to it.

All I'm seeing yet again with this thread is that people don't properly look at something but immediately complain. As always.

I agree about the aesthetic this pack looks nothing like the 'aesthetic' of VG stuff and I would never say VG is very fiftyish, either.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    Keks_Milch wrote: »
    Its not recycled...
    sVcs7MO.jpg

Nice comparison pic! I really love the new hair, it's very cute. I feel like it's still stylish, but a bit younger and more casual than the other. I've been using the other one too much anyway. :D
  • Options
    filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    I love that new wallpaper tho
  • Options
    TriplisTriplis Posts: 3,048 Member
    As someone who regularly restyles her hair in spite of it not changing length, I absolutely want them to do this. I want to have styles available to me that make it seem like two days ago I ironed my hair straight, yesterday I blowdried it for volume, today I took my flatiron to it for loose waves. Plenty of women change their part day to day, side to side - me, sometimes I have one, sometimes I style my hair so there isn't one. Sometimes my bangs are straight down, sometimes they're to one side, sometimes the other. If I can have multiple medium-length bobs with bangs either down or brushed aside, I can do more to make it like a real woman wears her hair: sometimes this way, sometimes that, with more variety than just ponytail-or-not. And I can have fewer Sims around town who look the same at a glance even if they strike me as all likely to have medium-length hair. So, a right-parted bob and a left-parted bob? Yes, please! That's a kind of variety I actively want and am frustrated in CAS when I don't have it. As someone who's never wanted to deal with CC, I want to be sold more variety of everyday hairstyles, even when that variety is subtle.
    I agree with this sentiment. I almost never use more than one hair style in a sim's outfit for precisely the reason that most of the hairstyles are so starkly different. Not that starkly different is inherently a bad thing (quite the contrary) but I would also like to be able to make subtle changes without it looking like my sim just shapeshifted and became a different person.
    Mods moved from MTS, now hosted at: https://triplis.github.io
  • Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    Wulfsimmer wrote: »
    The hair isn't the same. It's shorter. It's on the other side. The bangs/hanging hair bits are different. The waves are different.

The tops are different. The new one has sleeves and is a sweater, not a light vest thing. The middle bit is a different texture, size, and the collar is shaped differently.

Similar =/= receycled. :|

'recycle
    riːˈsʌɪk(ə)l/Submit
    verb
    past tense: recycled; past participle: recycled
    convert (waste) into reusable material.
    "car hulks were recycled into new steel"
    synonyms: reuse, reprocess, convert into something, reclaim, recover; More
    return (material) to a previous stage in a cyclic process.
    "the amino acids are recycled in the synthesis of other proteins"
    use again.
    "he reserves the right to recycle his own text"'
    I don't see where things are getting recycled here. Even if they were why care because none of us do or most of us don't care.

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    LadyJesterLadyJester Posts: 606 Member
    The hair looks different at least to me. They're both just short and kinda curly? If thats word IDK. The outfits do kinda look the same but the outfit for the bowling one still looks nice.
  • Options
    The hair isn't the same. It's shorter. It's on the other side. The bangs/hanging hair bits are different. The waves are different.

The tops are different. The new one has sleeves and is a sweater, not a light vest thing. The middle bit is a different texture, size, and the collar is shaped differently.

'recycle
    riːˈsʌɪk(ə)l/Submit
    verb
    use again.
    I don't see where things are getting recycled here. Even if they were why care because none of us do or most of us don't care.
    The Sims have been recycling the same things for 17 years now so it's really too late to be upset about this.

• Options
    WulfsimmerWulfsimmer Posts: 4,381 Member

'recycle
    riːˈsʌɪk(ə)l/Submit
    verb
    use again.

So your logic is saying if you are uninterested in something, I shouldn't be interested in it? Lol, k
    Random-gifs-random-18723411-368-312.gif

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
  • Options
    jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    No, those are not the same meshes at all. Though I would prefer that bowling sweater come with a different underneath top when granny goes bowling I would rather not see her sagging chest or crepe neck. ;)

The black 'shirt' is obviously the same mesh

Nope, different shape. Slightly, but different.
  • Options
    jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    I had the same though when I saw it, I feel like they took an existing hairstyle and piece of clothing, and just modified it a bit, I even did took a screenshot of the outfit we already have to show a friend how similar it was.

I wish they would stop wasting time on stuff packs, and would use that time on fixing bugs and glitches.

Majority of Stuff Packs are created by the art team, so you can't really get artists to fix bugs xD