Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Thinking of going back to The Sims 3

Comments

• Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    igazor wrote: »
    But I think what also happens is that some players uninstall a game out of temporary frustration or boredom with it, with the expectation at the time being that they will never want to load it up again. Given how time consuming and sometimes even complicated a game with up to 20 EP/SPs and loads of store and custom content can be to reinstall if one changes their mind later, I would recommend resisting the temptation and never uninstalling anything unless one is certain they will never need or want it again, and even then maybe wait a year or so before doing that. Again, when drive space is not an issue. ;)
    Lol, I have lost count of the amount of times I have uninstalled and reinstalled ts2, along with mods and a large collection of cc. I keep telling myself 'leave that darn thing where it is', but I never listen. I did uninstall ts3 once too, but finally learned my lesson when I wanted it again.
  • Options
    DegrassiGenDegrassiGen Posts: 2,168 Member
    igazor wrote: »
    But I think what also happens is that some players uninstall a game out of temporary frustration or boredom with it, with the expectation at the time being that they will never want to load it up again. Given how time consuming and sometimes even complicated a game with up to 20 EP/SPs and loads of store and custom content can be to reinstall if one changes their mind later, I would recommend resisting the temptation and never uninstalling anything unless one is certain they will never need or want it again, and even then maybe wait a year or so before doing that. Again, when drive space is not an issue. ;)
    Lol, I have lost count of the amount of times I have uninstalled and reinstalled ts2, along with mods and a large collection of cc. I keep telling myself 'leave that darn thing where it is', but I never listen. I did uninstall ts3 once too, but finally learned my lesson when I wanted it again.

I will only actually deinstall TS3 if and when TS4 is complete (in 2019).

Actually with The Sims 4 going slow as possible with one expansion per year I think the expiration date on The Sims 4 is more like 2027 where we can get 244 stuff packs and 7 expansions lol
  • Options
    EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    @JesseJay To be honest I felt guilty at first returning to the Sims 3. but I am glad that I did. I too have all the sim 4 things. once in a blue moon I try it out again, but the minute I hit the teen stage, I cringe, I hate the kid jumping from a kit to a college age sim. Just can't seem to play after that.
    so now I have it all, my teens back, more game play, more fun. If I feel like checking sims 4 out, I do so, but lately not very often. I play for hours with the sims 3, but with the sims 4 not so. I play for days with the sims 3, but with sims 4, maybe 10 or 20 min and I'm back with my sims 3 for days and weeks, also a month before looking at sims 4 again.
    You can have both if you like, Like people say if your computer will take it, then go ahead.
  • Options
    SurrealSurreal Posts: 3,241 Member
    Don't know what the point of view is on the TS4 boards, but down here we don't care whether you play TS3 as well as TS4 - many people do. All that matters is that you are enjoying what you are doing. It's *your* game and *your* computer, so do you. Our opinions don't really matter. That being said - TS3 is clearly the better game so... what's the problem? lol
  • Options
    Surreal wrote: »
    Don't know what the point of view is on the TS4 boards, but down here we don't care whether you play TS3 as well as TS4 - many people do. All that matters is that you are enjoying what you are doing. It's *your* game and *your* computer, so do you. Our opinions don't really matter. That being said - TS3 is clearly the better game so... what's the problem? lol

@Surreal You are right play with what you like, and the sims 3 is clearly the better game, just do it. like it! keep playing it. We all love the sims 3 here,

• Options
    Uzone27Uzone27 Posts: 2,808 Member

*timidly raises hand...
    Umm can I just say....uh
    *sigh ...nevermind...

*slowly lowers hand and takes a seat. B)
  • Options
    @Uzone27 cute :)
  • Options
    Uzone27 wrote: »

*timidly raises hand...
    Umm can I just say....uh
    *sigh ...nevermind...

Not sure what that is in reference to... but say whatever you'd like.
  • Options
    FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member

*timidly raises hand...
    Umm can I just say....uh
    *sigh ...nevermind...

It's called "biting your tongue", LOL
  • Options
    FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    Rflong7 wrote: »

*timidly raises hand...
    Umm can I just say....uh
    *sigh ...nevermind...

I disagree. "Biting your tongue" is done in quiet and to yourself. This is like looking at everyone with a "This Stinks" face to let everyone know they disagree. :):lol:

:D Oh, you are right! I don't have a tongue left anyway after biting it so much over the years :D
  • Options
    TyrircKidTyrircKid Posts: 52 Member
    i often switch between the two simply because the sims 3 has stuff the sims 4 does not yet have *cough* pets *cough* i actually played the sims 3 earlier today and my sim has the most adorable dog (a Doberman) and he is a cowardly yet sweet dog that is literally afraid of everything (especially pregnant women as they have a pregnant lady living across the street and he ran away from her XD so precious)
  • Options
    Mycatjake1Mycatjake1 Posts: 61 Member
    I switch between the two, though right now I've been playing TS3 more than TS4 even though TS4 runs better on my computer for some reason.

I wish TS4 had all the stuff that TS3 has (Supernatural, ITF, and Generations are three EPs I want to see in TS4). Maybe we will get it eventually.
  • Options
    KartaiKartai Posts: 1,206 Member
    I still play the Sims 3 it's fun to play.
  • Options
    Uzone27Uzone27 Posts: 2,808 Member

*timidly raises hand...
    Umm can I just say....uh
    *sigh ...nevermind...

I disagree. "Biting your tongue" is done in quiet and to yourself. This is like looking at everyone with a "This Stinks" face to let everyone know they disagree. :):lol:

naah.. nothing quite as mean spirited as all that.
    Just a friendly poke in the ribs. B)
  • Options

*timidly raises hand...
    Umm can I just say....uh
    *sigh ...nevermind...

Oh - they were disagreeing - lol I thought it was some kind of reference that was going over my head. oh well.
  • Options
    FriedCawfeeFriedCawfee Posts: 195 Member
    I decided since I have the computer space etc that I am going to reinstall TS3. I had totally forgotten that I had it all on Origin just waiting to download. I'll probably download it all overnight because it's a lot of stuff even though my computer is fast.

What I find really interesting is the emotions that players go through when they entertain the thought of going back to TS3 or adding it back to their gaming. It's like there's this sense of guilt or 'rewinding' back is somehow wrong, or this feeling that they are betraying the present version of the game. I wonder if this is felt with gamers who play other games.
    Playing the Sims since 2001.
  • Options
    I decided since I have the computer space etc that I am going to reinstall TS3. I had totally forgotten that I had it all on Origin just waiting to download. I'll probably download it all overnight because it's a lot of stuff even though my computer is fast.

What I find really interesting is the emotions that players go through when they entertain the thought of going back to TS3 or adding it back to their gaming. It's like there's this sense of guilt or 'rewinding' back is somehow wrong, or this feeling that they are betraying the present version of the game. I wonder if this is felt with gamers who play other games.

A lot of the "guilt" you see is because the sims community is so divided about the newest iteration - there is a certain sense of loyalty apparently and if you deviate from that loyalty... no one is comfortable with the idea of being disloyal. It's all nonsense of course - this is a computer game not an ideological position. If TS4 were to become a game I enjoyed (no, this is not a flight of fantasy, I'm just supposing...), I would play it. I don't stick with TS3 because of any position I've claimed - I stay with it because it suits my play style whereas TS4 doesn't. Pretty simple and not an ideological ideal in sight.
  • Options
    HappySimmer3HappySimmer3 Posts: 6,699 Member
    I agree, @Surreal. But I think this issue is particularly difficult for certain folks (some of whom are teens or younger) who maybe feel like they need the support of their cohorts in order to take a particular course of action.

It's all part of the maturing process to eventually realize that each of us are fully capable of making up our own minds about things and don't need to be affected by others' opinions, either pro or con. :)
    The Sims 30695923002_cffaca4078_t.jpg

Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?!
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member

I don't feel any guilt :p

I also ditched Skyrim as I much prefer to play Oblivion, had no guilt over that either. The only thing I ever feel is regret... for paying out for a newer version that does not outshine the previous one (for me).

But let the good times roll with whatever game you wanna play!
  • Options
    mineral1mineral1 Posts: 3 New Member
    I like both games, but i have become bored with TS4 because of loading screens which makes me not go out of the house there anymore lol, i just detest those loading screens because i am an impatient person.

I remember when i become bored with Sims 3 and tried to find some things to do i just tried to search for some interesting stories to do like ghost being in love with human, human being in love with ghost and them having a lot of kids or a cheating spouse meh kind of generic, but i like to have a story in sims. I am in the middle of downloading Sims 3 again so not much advice, but i guess it is not unusual that nostalgica brings us back.