Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

kjhgkjgkjhgk - *A Challenge for you* Fixer upper

jhgkjhgkjhjhgkjhgkjh Posts: 256 Member
edited June 2018 in The Sims 4 Lots
I always wanted to become an architect, ended up with another funny job, but lucky me: I discovered Sims...
So, I will showcase some of my creations here in this thread. New ones and some of the old stuff as well.

Hope you have fun!

*New*
The Victorian Challenge on the last page! Have fun!

My creations:

I dream of Lilacs
The White Folly
The Lady in the Water
À la Campagne
Gardens at Denali Vers. 1
Desert Eco

You can't use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have.
Maya Angelou

Please excuse my English and feel free to correct any mistake you find. :) It is not my native language.
Gallery ID: kjhgkjgkjhgk
Post edited by jhgkjhgkjh on

Comments

• Options
    edited March 2017
    Today I built "I dream of lilacs". In the garden outside crocuses are blooming, I felt springtime!

That's what this house is about. I wanted a consistent coloscheme and an elegant, yet cozy design. I experimented a bit with fireplaces as well.

Gallery Link: I dream of lilacs

Front View:
    4vn6s1.png
    Open Concept Living/Dining
    2aaak3n.png
    Master Bedroom
    2eqfkg6.png

More images: here
    Post edited by jhgkjhgkjh on
    Maya Angelou

Please excuse my English and feel free to correct any mistake you find. :) It is not my native language.
  • Options
    Some of my older works... Well, uh, I had a kind of "victorian phase" with the Vampire EP. I used to build these houses like there was no tomorrow... :)

The White Folly:
    21q89w.png
    qz4oz9.png
    More Images here

Gallery Link: The White Folly

Lady in the Water:

2ykymuh.png
    2u978nm.png

More Images here

Gallery Link: Lady in the Water
    Maya Angelou

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    edited March 2017
    It is great that you have started a showcase thread for your creations! :)
    I dream of lilacs is a very nice Sprintgtime themed home! :) Very nice exterior design of the home! The layout of the interior of the home looks very nice! The lilacs along the front of the home look so pretty! Very nice sitting area on the front patio for sims to enjoy resting in the sunshine. The candle is a nice touch there. The car port looks great! Very nice furnishing of the interior of the home! The colour scheme looks so very nice! The flooring texture in the entrance area looks nice and the flowers on the table near the staircase are nice for sims to see when entering the home. The double sided fireplace looks creatively nice! Sims will enjoy sitting chatting on the stools in front of the fire in the entry area and also enjoy relaxing on the sofa watching tv or reading a book in the living area on the other side of the fireplace. The flowers are a pretty touch on the coffee table. They will enjoy playing the guitar. Very nice dining and bar area ! The pink flowers look pretty on the dining table, and the cherry blossom walll.picture is very nice for sims to look at when dining. Very nice corner bar nook! The bottles shelves look great on the wall. Sims will enjoy having a drink from the bar with their meal. Very nice design of the kitchen! The grey and purple colour scheme looks very nice. The wall texture is nice, and the purple cabinets look great placed on the walls either sides of the windows . The utensils , paper towel, dish racks, and mugs rack are great home touches there. It is a very nice light filled area for sims to enjoy the sunshine coming in through the windows whilst cooking meals or dining at the bar stool counter. Very nice outdoors pool patio! Sims will enjoy swimming in the pool or have fun playing chess outdoors in the air. Very nice furnishing of the bedrooms! The pink colour of the master bedroom walls looks pretty! Nice fire place sitting nook in the room. The flowers look very pretty on the master bed ledge! The large scenic wall picture looks nice in the room. The double sided fireplace between the bedroom and bathroom looks nice! Very nice bath tub nook! Sims will enioy relaxing in the bath. The candles and butterflies picture are a calming sight on the wall shelves. The girls bedroom is very pretty! The flower floor rug,girl on the bedhead wall and the butterflies on the wall are very nice! The teddy is cute! Very nice corner study desk nook in the other kids bedroom . They will enjoy using the computer at the desk whilst looking out through the windows at the outdoors views, They will like playing the musical instruments in the bedroom. Nice balcony nook for sims to enjoy painting on the easel in the sunshine.
    The home is very nice! :)
    Your other builds are so very nice also! :) The exterior designs of them look so very grand and elegantly nice! Very nice roofing!
  • Options
    chips46chips46 Posts: 3,666 Member
    edited March 2017
    The White Folly build is awesome love <3 all the white on the exterior :)
  • Options
    FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    Wow, they are all three lovely builds, and decorated very nice! Awesome pics!
  • Options
    CorwimCorwim Posts: 3,218 Member
    Ooooh, so glad you decided to start your own showcase! I see a lot of beautiful builds already! I Dream of Lilacs is a great modern build with lovely, soothing colours and the interiors are so beautiful and stylish! B) And wow, The White Folly has outstanding architecture, loving all the detail in it, and the landscaping is just perfect for it! <3 Lady in the Water is another beauty! Again, your architecture is just outstanding, love the roofing you did on this house, just perfect! Consider your topic bookmarked here, and your Gallery followed once I get in game. :)
  • Options
    @rosemow Thank you so much for your detailed review! I really appreciate that you took the time to look at all the details!

@chips46 and @charlotteprice - so nice of you to take a look at my creations! I'm gald you like them.

@Corwim Thank you so much - as you are an excellent builder yourself - it meens a lot to me! Thanks! :)
    Maya Angelou

• Options
    I came up with something new today. I discussed with my husband last night our retirement in a couple of ages... *sigh* and we dreamed about where we could live. We thought of a vacation once we took in the south of France where we stumbeled on a hike over an abondoned farmhouse.

It pretty much looked like the one I built... So grab your elderly Sims and give them a nice new (old) home in the countryside. There a plenty of little seeting areas in the garden, a walkout basement with a bar and a winecellar, a pool and even an old converted barn which functions as a guesthouse....

Gallery Link: À la Campagne

295puu.png
    35jje38.png
    9biwjq.png

More Images here
    Maya Angelou

• Options
    A La Campagne is such a very pretty French countryside home! :) Very nice exterior design of the home! The dormers and the texture of the exterior walls looks nice. The flowers, trees and plants through the outdoors areas look so very nice and very pretty! Very nice outdoors sitting areas for sims to enjoy resting on the seating and enjoying the,very nice flowers and plants setting! Sims will enjoy swimming in the pool. and eating meals at the outdoors dining table. The lilypads pond area is very nice! The left and right open shutter windows on the front wall look great! Very nice landscaping work through the build! The layout of the build and all the areas looks so nice!
    Very nice furnishing of the interior of the home! The colour scheme looks very calming. It looks a very homely home! The clothes shelf and fruit crate table are nice home touches in the front door area, Very nice design of the kitchen! The cabinets look nice how they are placed on the walls, and the wall texture looks nice. The teapots cabinet, mugs rack, hanging pand and dish rack are great kitchen touches there. Very nice windows dining area! Sims will enjoy eating their meals with sunshine coming in through the windows. The curtains look very nice both in this room area and all through the home! . The fruit bowl is nice a nice touch there on the dining table. The patterned floor rugs through the home add to the nice look of the rooms. Very nice tv watching and reading nook! Sims will enjoy resting on the sofa watching tv., and reading books.The fireplace music corner nook looks great! Sims will enjoy playing the piano music near the fire, The candle is a nice touch on top of the piano,
    Very nice loft master bedroom! The wall decor, pictures and wall mirrors are nice touches in the room. The scenic wall picture is nice for sims to see when waking in the mornings and the candles and flowers are pretty touches on the bedside table. The vanity table nook looks great! The basement area with the bar and nectar cellar looks so very great! Very nice furnishing of the area! The nectar racks, wall cabinets and bottles shelving there look great! Sims will enjoy sitting on the stools having a drink from the bar. Very nice exterior design of the barn guest house! The furnishing of the interior looks so very nice! Sims will enjoy painting on the easel and doing woodworking on the woodwork bench.
    It is a very special home for sims to enjoy living in when they retire :)
  • Options
    Thank you so much for your sweet comment @rosemow! Your feedback is so friendly and warm!
    Maya Angelou

• Options
    Viva Las Vegas!

I felt a bit like cookie cutter today, so I tried to build something after a real life house and adapted a Floor plan. Since Oasis Springs always feels like Vegas to me I started a new development: Gardens at Denali.

Here comes House No 1

Gallery Link: Gardens at Denali Vers. 1

A modern traditional home. Makes a perfect home to a young family. Large open concept living/dining/kitchen, a games room, a half bath and a small patio. Upstairs a good sized master suite, two kidsrooms that share a hall bath.

2wny792.png
    10xy3uw.png
    11sgynn.png

More images here
    Maya Angelou

• Options
    It is great that you are making over Oasis Springs! The Gardens at Denali development will be a very nice neighbourhood for the world! :)
    Very nice exterior design of the first house in the series! :) The roofing looks great! Nice sitting nook at the front entrance for sims to enjoy sitting outdoors in the air. Very nice furnishing of the interior of the home! The open plan layout of the kitchen, dining and living room areas looks very nice. The type of dining chairs used looks very nice! The circular floor rug is a nice touch under the table. The design of the kitchen looks nice. The white colour scheme gives a nice look to the room. The wall texture looks nice, and the spice set, wall knives, fruit bowl and wall cutlery are great kitchen touches there. Nice island sink and bar stool counter. Sims will enjoy sitting on the stools and at the dining table eating meals they have cooked in the kitchen area, with sunshine coming in through the windows. Very nice living room area! It looks very nice how the bookshelves have been placed on the wall on each side of the tv. The cabinets look great how they have been placed there! Sims will enjoy sitting resting on the sofa watching tv and readimg a book. The purple and the white flowers are pretty for sims to,see when sitting there. The games and art room looks great! Sims will enjoy playing the llama tabletop game or darts thete, or enioy playing with the dollhouse or doing painting on the.easel. The wall posters add a great look to the room! Very nice furnishing of the bedrooms! The colour schemes look very nice. The boys bedroom looks great! Very nice inbuilt clothes and shoes rack closet! He will enjoy playing the guitar in his bedroom. The sporting trophies and awards look great on the wall! Nice outddors dining patio! Sims will enjoy cookimg meals on the BBQ and eating the food in the outdoors air at the umbrella covered table.
    The home is very nice! :)
  • Options
    Thank you, @rosemow! :)
    Maya Angelou

• Options
    Something new today Inspired by @Laebeth beautiful modern desert oasis I just couldn't get a lot of wood and the hot desert sun out of my mind...

So.
    Gallery Link: Desert Eco

tnMMUZU.png
    vDXRolW.png
    BUWgP6e.png

More images here
    Maya Angelou

• Options
    NinnsterNinnster Posts: 1,215 Member
    Oh wow @jhgkjhgkjh ! I am honored I inspired a build! That makes me really happy. Nothing better than to be creative, and to inspire creativity in others! <3

I love it! I love modern builds and I really like the idea of this being eco friendly. That is so neat! The beige interior is warm and comforting, and the fireplace is amazing. Truly an amazing home! :) The basketball court was a nice touch too!

I'm gonna have to look this up in the gallery!
    OriginID: Ninnster

My Sims 4 Twitter
    My Sims 4 Showcase
    My Sims 4 Gallery

#EAGameChanger

"Creativity is intelligence having fun"
  • Options
    Thank you so much, @Laebeth! For inspiring and and your comment. :)
    Maya Angelou

• Options
    edited March 2017
    Desert Eco is a very nice modern home! :) Very nice design of the exterior! The wooden exterior texture looks very nice. Nice upper balcony fireplace sitting area for sims to enjoy sitting there looking out at the views and keeping warm near the fire. They will enjoy resting in the hot tub. It is great that there is a basket ball court in the build. Very nice upper balcony for sims to enjoy playing chess and card games outdoors in the air at the tables there. Very nice furnishing of the interior of the home! The living room sitting areas look great! Very nice reading and tv nook! The leafy wall picture and the candles on the coffee table are nice for sims to see when sitting there reading a book or watching tv, in front of the fire. The open plan layout of the kitchen and dining areas looks very nice. The wooden flooring in the dining nook gives a very nice look to the area. Sims will enjoy listeming to the piano music whilst eating their meals at the table. The outdoors dining patio and sunken pool and bar patio looks great! Sims will enjoy cooking meals on the BBQ and eating the food at the table in the outdoors air. Very nice corner bar counter nook, for sims to enjoy sitting on the poolside sofa having a drink from the bar. Very nice bedrooms! Nice windows study desk nooks for sims to enjoy using the computers with sunshine coming in onto them. The row of animal pictures in the pretty pink girls bedroom looks cute! The art, meditation and yoga patio area looks great! Sims will enjoy quietly meditating or doing yoga there, or enjoy painting on the easel
    It is a very nice home! :)
  • Options
    Thank you so much @rosemow I really appreciate the time you invest to look at every little Detail!
    Maya Angelou

• Options
    This time I went for something new, a fresh little idea - just right for a starter...

Gallery Link: Frankensteins Daughter

This is the old set of "Frankenstein Daughter goes Wild West". As you can image, this movie was no box office hit. The producer went bankrupt and all was left is the old set and a trailer for him. Is the camera still rolling? Who knows... Make him successful again!

ybnUr3L.png
    jgHwOOT.png
    7n5YrsO.png
    5aEixkn.png

More Images here
    Maya Angelou

• Options
    The background details of Frankenstein's Daughter is very creative! :) The design of the bulld as an old set and trailer looks great! The street art looks great on the exterior walls of the trailer! The wire fencing adds to the look and the theme of the build. The cracks and stains on the exterior and interior walls and the cobweb look great! It is a nice touch that there is a mannequin that reflects Frankenstein's daughter on the front porch. The large camera, film producer seats and loud speaker look great! It looks very nice how it is set up to film the actress entering the set front door ! The interior nook area that used to be used as the dressing table looks nice that the same mirror remains there. The furnishing interior of the trailer reflects the run down theme very wel!
    It is a very creatively designed build! :)
  • Options
    CorwimCorwim Posts: 3,218 Member
    Frankenstein's Daughter is such a creative build, love it! You perfectly captured the atmosphere of an abandoned movie set, great decorating!
  • Options
    JessiejessanJessiejessan Posts: 220 Member
    Wow, Frankensteins Daughter is such a different and unique build! Kind of gives me a creepy feeling.. but don't get me wrong, it looks really, really cool!! Love the creepy mannequin! :tongue:
  • Options
    VerionaVeriona Posts: 505 Member
    Congrats on the Max Fav, glad they took my nomination for you into consideration. You have other wonderful builds, but I truly loved Mondrian Starter, it was superb ingame to see.
  • Options
    Congratulations on Mondrian Starter being favourited by Maxis! :) That is exciting! The exterior design of the home is very creatively great!
  • Options
    crissylp89crissylp89 Posts: 35 Member
    Wow! Is that a fireplace behind the window in the Dream of Lilacs master bedroom? I have no idea how you are so creative :)