Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Game crashing on loading screens, specs inside. HELP!

kitoraemkitoraem Posts: 889 Member
edited March 2017 in PC - Technical Discussions
Had a problem with it for awhile now, lately however the game is crashing now and again quite a few times, especially when I travel, enter CAS, save. Anything what brings a loading screen up mostly.

I've gathered my specs here; please let me know if I've missed anything out! I've tried everything :(

Processor;
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-2100 CPU @ 3.10GHz
Manufacturer; Intel
Speed; 3.1 GHz
Number of Cores; 2
CPU ID; BFEBFBFF000206A7
Family; 06
Model; 2A
Stepping; 7
Revision; 17
Memory;
RAM; 4.0 GB
Video Card;
Video Card NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560
Manufacturer; NVIDIA
Chipset GeForce GTX 560
Dedicated Memory; 1.0 GB
Total Memory; 2.3 GB
Pixel Shader Version; 5.0
Vertex Shader Version; 5.0
Hardware; T & L Yes
Vendor ID; 10DE
Device; 1201
Plug and Play ID; VEN_10DE&DEV_1201&SUBSYS_35271458&REV_A1
Driver Version 10.18.13.5891
Operating System
Operating System Microsoft Windows 7 Professional Edition Service Pack 1 (build 7601), 32-bit
Service Pack 1
Size 32-bit
Edition Professional
Version 6.1.7601
Locale 0809
BIOS
BIOS Award Modular BIOS v6.00PG
Version Award Software International, Inc. F3
Manufacturer Award Software International, Inc.
Date 06/16/11
Sound
Audio 1
Sound Device High Definition Audio Device
Driver 6.1.7601.17514
Audio 2
Sound Device NVIDIA High Definition Audio
Driver 1.3.34.4
Audio 3
Driver 1.3.34.4
Audio 4
Sound Device NVIDIA Virtual Audio Device (Wave Extensible) (WDM)
Driver
Audio 5
Driver 1.3.34.4
Audio 6
Driver 1.3.34.4
Audio 7
Sound Device High Definition Audio Device
Driver 6.1.7601.17514
Drives
DVD TSSTcorp CDDVDW SH-222AB ATA Device
CD TSSTcorp CDDVDW SH-222AB ATA Device
Size 149.0 GB
Free Memory 62.8 GB

May we all chill like wizards

Comments

• Options
    WiggleyTuffWiggleyTuff Posts: 600 Member
    Wehter youre on a PC or a laptop, those specs are way under the recommended specs for the game. Its very cpu heavy. The spes youd need on a laptop are, if you wanna have every gamepack:
    i7 processor that has HQ or K/M after the number(6700HQ)
    8 or 12 GB RAM
    Nivida GTX 1050 ti, 1050, 1060, 1070 or 1080

These cost maybe around 1000 dollars or more, depending on where you live. I would recommend MSI or ASUS ROG as they are more dedicated for heavy games.

For a PC I think youd need:
    i7 processor(to future proof it, though i5 could work I think as long as you don't have too packs)
    8 or 12 GB RAM
    With graphics card, id personally recommend having at least a 1050 to be safe

A PC costs around 600-800 dollars(I think, for me it cost pretty much the same as a laptop though PC is better than laptops)

If you play other games than Sims 4, let us know(who help you) what games you play as it might effect the specs your laptop or PC will have.

I'm tagging @phoebebebe13 and @chesterbigbird , they can probably help you more than I and add to what ive already mentioned xD
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    @WiggleyTuff thank you for replying. I'm planning on getting a second computer soon enough, just had this one fixed due to the screen.
    I'm on a desktop computer, I'll have a good look for one over here. I don't really play any other games so it's not a massive problem, TS4 works it just doesn't work as good as it should. I've not even been able to play City Living because it crashes constantly.

Thanks again :) I also took a screenshot by clicking the properties on my computer;

Clipboard01_zpsbjvpindj.jpg~original

I'm not tech savvy, always thought this computer was alright but seems not! :o
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    You might be able to improve performance by taking a handful of steps, but it's possible that you've had some computer degradation over time and that this won't help:
    - If this is a laptop, use a cooler and only play with the power cord plugged into a wall
    - If it is a desktop, clean it out and make sure lots of air surrounds the case, and not hot air, either
    - Turn Origin offline while you play
    - Turn off all other programs but Origin and Sims 4
    - Don't use CC, or not much, and get rid of anything but numbers and letters in the filenames for it
    - Move your Tray folder out of the Sims 4 folder. If you need to access your Library, put it back and restart the game, then take it out and restart when you're done.
    - Turn all the graphics settings way down
    - Play smaller lots
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    @luthienrising thank you, we bought this desktop off my boyfriend's friend who built it and used it for awhile, had it around 2 years now. I'll try everything you mentioned until I can save a bit more for a new one! Can always put my saves on a flash drive so that's not too bad
  • Options
    chesterbigbirdchesterbigbird Posts: 8,581 Member
    edited March 2017
    @kitoraem
    Microsoft Windows 7 Professional Edition Service Pack 1 (build 7601), 32-bit
    You are running 32 bit which means there is less then half of your ram being recognized by windows, This will most likely cause crashing because you do not have enough ram, because you only have 3GB of usable ram. Upgrade to a 64 bit windows so you can use all 8GB which will help your problems.
    i7 6700K
    16GB hyper X fury
    MSI GTX 1080
    MSI gaming M5 mobo
    Evga 750 supernova
    Corsair hydro h110i GT
    Corsair obsidian 750D
    500GB SSD
    6TB Seagate Barracuda Pro
    LG 34" ultra wide

• Options
    phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    @kitoraem
    You are running 32 bit which means there is less then half of your ram being recognized by windows, This will most likely cause crashing because you do not have enough ram, because you only have 3GB of usable ram. Upgrade to a 64 bit windows so you can use all 8GB which will help your problems.

agree :)
  • Options
    @kitoraem

I shall do, thanks so much for the reply, been searching everywhere!
  • Options
    chesterbigbirdchesterbigbird Posts: 8,581 Member
    kitoraem wrote: »
    @kitoraem

I shall do, thanks so much for the reply, been searching everywhere!

Your Very Welcome.
    i7 6700K
    16GB hyper X fury
    MSI GTX 1080
    MSI gaming M5 mobo
    Evga 750 supernova
    Corsair hydro h110i GT
    Corsair obsidian 750D
    500GB SSD
    6TB Seagate Barracuda Pro
    LG 34" ultra wide

• Options
    Reaper5901Reaper5901 Posts: 33 Member
    I have a problem too after the march 23 or 25 update to 1.28.25.1020 i cannot go to map view or travel the n the game freezes or crashes and leaves me to go to desktop
  • Options
    Reaper5901Reaper5901 Posts: 33 Member
    One problem gets fixed and 3 gets added pls fix this EA
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    Reaper5901 wrote: »
    I have a problem too after the march 23 or 25 update to 1.28.25.1020 i cannot go to map view or travel the n the game freezes or crashes and leaves me to go to desktop

Hello @Reaper5901

If you have cc/mods in your game, move your mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and see if the issues are still there. If it has helped with the issues, put your mods/ CC back into the newly generated mods folder that is in the sims 4 folder one by one or in batches and testing after each one to see which is the causes of the problem.

Sometimes having a large amount of items in the sims inventories and household inventory can cause issues. Try removing some of the items from the inventories and see if that helps.

If the issues still remain, repairing the game may help. To do that, right click on the sims 4 picture in Origin and click repair.

Try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Exit the game and then copy back the "options.ini" or " options " file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders from the desktop sims 4 folder