Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Leona Lewis to be featured in an upcoming pack soon

Comments

• Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    To7m wrote: »
    Triplis wrote: »
    I hope! I honestly don't mind real life songs in simlish, it's just when they try to shove an entire celebrity down our throats is when I get annoyed. If it's just a song then I'm good. If it's live like Leona Lewis then FIRE!!!

--T
    I hear you. I never played the celeb stuff from the other game (Katy Perry something, I guess?) but I can honestly say, the idea of it is pretty weird to me, putting clear references to a real celeb in a fictional game? I don't think it would appeal to me.

I like the celebs being hired to sing songs in simlish though. That part is cool.

Honestly, I'd like to have a celeb pack with actual celeb sims like TS1 Superstar. That would be cool. NPC celeb sims you can friend or stalk or photograph or whatever. I missed that. And the songs I really enjoy, I bet it's not easy to learn a song in simlish.

--T

A Superstar reboot would be awesome -- it's been long enough that it will feel "new" to even older players while being totally new for recent adoptees of The Sims.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    TriplisTriplis Posts: 3,048 Member
    Honestly, I'd like to have a celeb pack with actual celeb sims like TS1 Superstar. That would be cool. NPC celeb sims you can friend or stalk or photograph or whatever. I missed that. And the songs I really enjoy, I bet it's not easy to learn a song in simlish.

--T
    I'd be on board with that.

Or depending on when they release the rumored Pets pack, she could have done a song for the trailer, so that's why she would know about it and be excited for it (while sticking to the NDA and not divulging details/subject).
    Good point, that is a possibility as well.
    Mods moved from MTS, now hosted at: https://triplis.github.io
  • Options
    NotLoudonWainwrightNotLoudonWainwright Posts: 863 Member
    Never heard of her.
  • Options
    CiarassimsCiarassims Posts: 3,547 Member
    Who-Is-She.gif
    :joy: this is what I was thinking
    giphy_1.gif
  • Options
    TrixieLocaTrixieLoca Posts: 116 Member
    Superstar was such a sick game I'd love it if they did a celebrity type pack that was as challanging and as fun as superstar was.
  • Options
    PoKiTauru5PoKiTauru5 Posts: 105 Member
    OMG no way she is literally my favorite singer gktkdnvjfkdxkgkfkdk omg omg OMG!!!!!!

Okay looks like I have to buy this pack
  • Options
    lulubadwolflulubadwolf Posts: 630 Member
    I had to google her name to know who she was ^^'
    So if it's a reboot of katy perry's pack, no way !
    If it's a superstar kind of EP, Yay !
    And, the more probable for me, if she is going to sing songs in simlish for the game, it would be awesome, her voice is amazing !
    Orr she might just be a fan like us (and i would be a bit sad, really, her song in the game would be great, really, the one @NeonHighways put here would be awesome to listen in game)
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    I could also see maxiscreator-01 uploading a SIM version of her to the gallery.
  • Options
    MrMonty96MrMonty96 Posts: 1,715 Member
    The fact that she said "a new sims game," as opposed to something like "a new sims pack," makes me think it's a celebrity hint that she was involved in a pack. PR statement, free advertising, whatever you want to call it. Cause I would think a fan would be familiar with fan terminology and call it a pack.

Unless she is a fan who has been following the rumors about Vie, which is supposedly giving more information March 15th. It's possible she is referencing that. I'm pretty sure it was debunked as a fake, but she probably wouldn't be following closely enough to know all the details.

Precisely what I was thinking!
  • Options
    doedeardoedear Posts: 303 Member
    at sweet treats gave us LGR's iconic video
  • Options
    FallenPrinceFallenPrince Posts: 928 Member
    edited March 2017
    I hope it's a song (in simlish) in the game or in some sort of trailer. I hope they do not repeat the Katy Perry pack disaster...
  • Options
    Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    aricarai wrote: »
    I like that she's English and they're adding a little bit of cultural diversity. I believe all other previous celebs have been American.

In TS1 we had Avril Lavigne, she is Canadian. We also had Christina Aguilera that even though she was born in the us her dad was from Ecuador.
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    Simsfan99111Simsfan99111 Posts: 1,260 Member
    I hope! I honestly don't mind real life songs in simlish, it's just when they try to shove an entire celebrity down our throats is when I get annoyed. If it's just a song then I'm good. If it's live like Leona Lewis then FIRE!!!

--T
    I hear you. I never played the celeb stuff from the other game (Katy Perry something, I guess?) but I can honestly say, the idea of it is pretty weird to me, putting clear references to a real celeb in a fictional game? I don't think it would appeal to me.

I like the celebs being hired to sing songs in simlish though. That part is cool.

--T

A Superstar reboot would be awesome -- it's been long enough that it will feel "new" to even older players while being totally new for recent adoptees of The Sims.

Yea!!! I really want a superstar remake!! I would love to see studio town again!!!
  • Options
    PoKiTauru5PoKiTauru5 Posts: 105 Member
    edited March 2017
    A little trivia for everyone:

Leona Lewis LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVES animals! She is vegan, and is very active when it comes to animal rights across the world.

This actually goes perfectly with Pets being the most possible next pack! :o:)

Also, I believe she does play the Sims, but is probably a casual fan/played back in the sims 2 days. She was a teen when it came out so she probably played it.

And let's be real: She is barely known, so this being some kind of deal on EA's side to boost game sales makes no sense. If anything, it's her love for animals, or her own team that got her this deal. She already had a song for final Fantasy 13 and there was speculation she would have a song in GTA IV as well. She isn't that much of a video games noob lol.

If they wanted to boost sales, we would get Ariana Grande or something instead of her.

• Options
    iBrowiBrow Posts: 42 Member
    PoKiTauru5 wrote: »

Leona Lewis LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVES animals! She is vegan, and is very active when it comes to animal rights across the world.

Also, I believe she does play the Sims, but is probably a casual fan/played back in the sims 2 days. She was a teen when it came out so she probably played it.

And let's be real: She is barely known, so this being some kind of deal on EA's side to boost game sales makes no sense. If anything, it's her love for animals, or her own team that got her this deal. She already had a song for final Fantasy 13 and there was speculation she would have a song in GTA IV as well. She isn't that much of a video games noob lol.

If they wanted to boost sales, we would get Ariana Grande or something instead of her.

Well if that's the case they should've gotten Sarah McLachlan, at least everyone knows she loves animals
  • Options
    DeservedCriticismDeservedCriticism Posts: 2,251 Member

I don't think this means much with music, so long as the producers have faith in the artist or a personal fondness for the artist. I think the goal is more to present the customer with music they like and music that will make them want the pack, not about just grabbing the biggest name and including them. I mean no one knew this group til they got featured in a popular TV show, and now look:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pTA0DSfrGZ0
    "Who are you, that do not know your history?"
  • Options
    Simsfan99111Simsfan99111 Posts: 1,260 Member

I don't think this means much with music, so long as the producers have faith in the artist or a personal fondness for the artist. I think the goal is more to present the customer with music they like and music that will make them want the pack, not about just grabbing the biggest name and including them. I mean no one knew this group til they got featured in a popular TV show, and now look:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pTA0DSfrGZ0

This ^ to give the customer music they would want and like in the pack. I dont think the animal rights support would come into play when selecting artists for the game. I think its more about getting a different range of music styles in depending on the theme of the pack.
  • Options
    MrMonty96MrMonty96 Posts: 1,715 Member
    iBrow wrote: »

Well if that's the case they should've gotten Sarah McLachlan, at least everyone knows she loves animals

Who?
  • Options
    Keks_MilchKeks_Milch Posts: 513 Member
    I honestly dont care who the singer is for the trailers in the sims games. I dont know anybody of them.
  • Options
    I don't know that they could afford Ariana Grande with the level of stardom she's at now. Budget is something to consider and often times, the more famous someone becomes, the harder and more expensive it becomes to book them for anything.

Plus, there's fanbase to consider. It seems likely their marketing people do some research on what kind of demographic is most represented for different artists and tries to find people who would mesh with the sims demographic. Visibility alone wouldn't necessarily boost sales much in the long-term if the visibility is to people who aren't likely to be interested in the sims.

Then again, maybe they just pick out people based on who they like, can afford, and will say yes. Who knows.
  • Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    @Triplis, nothing to see, In 2012 katy perry was a big star, it's not for this they could not.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    @Triplis, nothing to see, In 2012 katy perry was a big star, it's not for this they could not.
    Was she as big as she is now though? You may be right, I'm just wondering.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    :/ Never heard of her.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    SebruteSebrute Posts: 114 Member
    Are they going to make a blood and gore stuff pack. After all Leona Lewis, well, ya cut her open an' she'll keep bleedin'! :'(
    I don't think that Leona Lewis has a gimmick that would warrant a whole pack around her. She was most likely approached by maxis to record one of her songs in simlish.

For those of you who don't know who Leona Lewis is, she was a winner on the 2006 UK Xfactor

You might recognise this song

https://youtube.com/watch?v=7_weSk0BonM.
  • Options
    aaronjc123aaronjc123 Posts: 1,117 Member
    edited March 2017
    Orchid13 wrote: »
    aricarai wrote: »
    I like that she's English and they're adding a little bit of cultural diversity. I believe all other previous celebs have been American.

In TS1 we had Avril Lavigne, she is Canadian. We also had Christina Aguilera that even though she was born in the us her dad was from Ecuador.

And honestly, adding a British singer to an American game doesn't strike me as 'adding diversity'. It's not like British people are drastically different to Americans.