Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Frustration ... GTW Alien rant.

For starters, I don't use cheats. I roll with the semi-random events that occur in my game and just incorporate it into my story. Right now, I am on an alien adventure type legacy and it is frustrating me to no end.

My alien sim loves to use the mischief skill, erase memory on her family members, autonomously. Her husband and her oldest child no longer know her, she is headed for divorce from her husband. Yet she still knows them. Her husband, who she laughed at when she erased his memory now gets upset when he ( who doesn't know her ) rejects her flirtatious actions.

I don't mind the action so much, it is the fact that it is not player driven. It is worse ( IMO ) than a random flirty introduction or some of the other non-player controlled autonomous actions.

Whomever thought the autonomous memory erase was a good idea thought so very wrong. I am about ready to stop with my alien legacy and just go back to a human based legacy.

Comments

• Options
    Dayvon64Dayvon64 Posts: 493 Member
    edited March 2017
    That actually sound so sad, I would literally be close to tears if I saw a let's play of this. "A alien messed with the people she loved too many times and now must race to re-gain their memories of her before they all leave her life forever". I'd watch that and love the heck out of it, but it would still be sad. I am sorry for your problem though.
  • Options
    AlorxicoAlorxico Posts: 360 Member
    I had something similiar happen to me. My Sim was dating an alien and I had her invite him to move in with her, thus making him a playable character. Shortly after I had him propose to her, I switched to a different character in the house and watched in horror as he erased her memory of him. I immediately exited the game without saving, which means I lost an hour of game play but also means when I loaded the game they were still madly in love. I had him propose again and, to be safe, had them elope right then and there; but as soon as I switched to another household member, he erased her memory and they began to fight.

The funny thing is, I HATE the mischief social option and avoid it like the plague. This NPC alien had NO points in the skill and yet he was able to erase his wife's memory. And I have had it happen with other sims too. It is massively annoying and I hate it.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited March 2017
    Gruffman wrote: »
    For starters, I don't use cheats. I roll with the semi-random events that occur in my game and just incorporate it into my story. Right now, I am on an alien adventure type legacy and it is frustrating me to no end.

My alien sim loves to use the mischief skill, erase memory on her family members, autonomously. Her husband and her oldest child no longer know her, she is headed for divorce from her husband. Yet she still knows them. Her husband, who she laughed at when she erased his memory now gets upset when he ( who doesn't know her ) rejects her flirtatious actions.

I don't mind the action so much, it is the fact that it is not player driven. It is worse ( IMO ) than a random flirty introduction or some of the other non-player controlled autonomous actions.

Whomever thought the autonomous memory erase was a good idea thought so very wrong. I am about ready to stop with my alien legacy and just go back to a human based legacy.

I only played one alien until they nerfed the abduction situation. He never did that, is this a possible bug? I hope they put this back in the control of the player. It was fun to erase memory for those who found out he was an alien, it fit his story, but not if he does this on his own. Not sure where that save is (I have started over ten times with fresh folders over and over) but he never did this on his own but been a very long time since after the alien abduction patch since I played any aliens.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member
    It's an on-going problem that I see many players frustrated with on other forums. That and, as you mention OP the auto enchanting greetings need to be stopped and put back into the hands of the players @SimGuruDrake It would be a small change for the devs and such a big change for the players who like to be in control of their sims behaviors.
    I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    NZsimm3r wrote: »
    It's an on-going problem that I see many players frustrated with on other forums. That and, as you mention OP the auto enchanting greetings need to be stopped and put back into the hands of the players @SimGuruDrake It would be a small change for the devs and such a big change for the players who like to be in control of their sims behaviors.

While they are at it, they might want to 'tone down' the use of the workbench. I thought that was cool for them to be attracted to that object, finally, but since they changed it in a patch it has become an obsession almost as much as trolling the web.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,595 Member
    edited March 2017
    imo I would turn free will off until they get this fix, and in the meantime just cheat the relationship back to what they used to be (I know you said you don't use cheats, but this is imo a glitch and if it's getting out of hand, well...). If you're not against mods, I would look into some of those for easier/quicker fixes. MCCC works great for me when it comes to adjusting relationships.
  • Options
    GruffmanGruffman Posts: 4,831 Member
    They did it again ...

the wife thought it would be fun to memory erase her husband. She is pregnant with their first child ... and now mom and dad are on the rocks. Dad has been moved out to find the love of the rest of his life and mom gets to raise the child as a single mother ....

• Options
    dreamprisonerdreamprisoner Posts: 1,221 Member
    That's so funny.
    'Heh heh heh, it will be priceless when I make him forget all about me and our life together.'

An hour later ~

'How dare you forget all about me and our life together!'
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    They did it again ...

the wife thought it would be fun to memory erase her husband. She is pregnant with their first child ... and now mom and dad are on the rocks. Dad has been moved out to find the love of the rest of his life and mom gets to raise the child as a single mother ....

I am sorry that this occurred in your game :(
    You could perhaps try rolling back your save game file to an earlier version, before she memory erased her husband . These links explain how to do that.
    https://help.ea.com/en/article/how-to-restore-a-previous-saved-game-in-the-sims-4/
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/783120/how-to-roll-back-your-save/p1
  • Options
    GruffmanGruffman Posts: 4,831 Member
    That's so funny.
    'Heh heh heh, it will be priceless when I make him forget all about me and our life together.'

An hour later ~

'How dare you forget all about me and our life together!'

She gets upset when she tries to do an automatic love interaction and he rejects it ... then both friendship/romantic take hit after hit till they are both pretty much strangers.
    rosemow wrote: »
    I am sorry that this occurred in your game :(
    You could perhaps try rolling back your save game file to an earlier version, before she memory erased her husband . These links explain how to do that.
    https://help.ea.com/en/article/how-to-restore-a-previous-saved-game-in-the-sims-4/
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/783120/how-to-roll-back-your-save/p1

Thanks Rose.

I try to roll with whatever happens in the game and this is one of the things that just happens. It is just so annoying because it happens so frequently and its not player controlled.
  • Options
    MsPhyMsPhy Posts: 5,055 Member
    Wow. I would not like that at all.

Just like I didn't like my Sim autonomously looking up vampires on the computer, prompting Vlad to break into the house and take his blood. I had made sure my two Sims did not interact with vampires in any way, or talk about them, and the moment I look away, boom, Pete's on the computer looking up vampires.

I do believe in Sim free will, but you shouldn't have to direct them every second to make sure they don't screw up your story.
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Yeah I've had that happen before in a close relation and it bugged me to no end because it's not easy to get all that back. On the other hand I've used erase memory frequently on another character as part of the story and I do love using it when I want too. It would be nice if this social was one we could only initiate if we wanted our sims to do it... like woohoo is.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    edited May 2017
    Cinebar wrote: »
    While they are at it, they might want to 'tone down' the use of the workbench.

Yeah, it's horrible to have to put it in the family inventory so they won't go blow money building something every two seconds. :s

They did it again ...

I can see where that would mess up play and I wasn't aware of it. That would be horrible to work so hard to get the relationship meter where you want it and to have go to zero or worse the negatives. I really haven't played aliens at all yet and this makes me not want to play because I would be really upset to get to where I wanted to be and have it all taken away by a glitch ect. Personally, I hate having to up anything so that would really hit me hard. Sorry about your game and the time you put into it. :)
  • Options
    Simsfan99111Simsfan99111 Posts: 1,260 Member

Oh thats not good at all! I didn't know that could happen!
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    I like it
    more for sim kids and more drama please