Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Not So Berry Legacy Challenge

Comments

• Options
    ShadamiShadami Posts: 4,353 Member
    These stories are to sweet <3
  • Options
    FizzstixFizzstix Posts: 990 Member
    Primrose has gone into labor.... the receptionist happened to be a vampire... eeks!
    26305793748_9b074835f4_c.jpg

(I failed at taking any pictures of her while giving birth and while her baby was a baby.... but here is Mintie aging up Primrose's baby, because she was off taking care of her political career and wasn't around when it was time for Mellyn to age up.) She was born with the red hair, but of course, I ended up changing it to blonde in CAS.
    28398350039_d7e3a8d2b4_c.jpg

Grandpa Akira came to see Mellyn while she was sleeping... awww so cute..
    25306823447_844bedb977_c.jpg

Edmund came around for another visit..
    40145824542_33628d3858_c.jpg
    Reading his precious daughter to sleep before he heads back out on deployment.
    25306823827_17becf9a79_c.jpg

Teaching Mellyn to talk..
    40145825122_8abda4417f_c.jpg
    then off for some play time.
    25306824407_94497b8cc5_c.jpg

Some special reading time with Grandma Mintie...
    25306862737_5114396081_c.jpg
    and some playtime.
    39280337685_ebe56fefe5_c.jpg

Primrose finally reached to top of her career!
    25306861987_c612fec8a9_c.jpg

She wanted to celebrate by calling Edmund around to propose to him and spend the rest of her life with him.. (her sister Violet looking on.)
    39467457204_9fc55a7c90_c.jpg
    28398636019_9ccf1aac86_c.jpg

To be continued.....
  • Options
    KvelvetKvelvet Posts: 262 Member
    Hey, started this challenge about six months ago, but then I somehow got bored of the family I had created, still within the first gen! It wasn't the challenge that got boring. Not at all. I love this challenge. So last month I made a new Founder and posted her on the Gallery.

Origin ID: ScarletteII

(That's 2 i's). Since I can't show you all now, since I'm new to the forum. I was inspired by this challenge to try again and I can't wait to share screen shots of her progress. Her name's Maya Gilchrist, and I just love her so so much! More than I did Menta Truffle (my first time around) I'll post a shot of her too, she's cute.

Maya's hubby, Lucas Astorga, is downloaded from the gallery. He was created by katha085430 if you want to go see him. I added a little scruff to him, to make him more appealing for Maya ;) . And the best part it they are so in love. When they flirt with other sims (and this happens a lot I'm surprised!) they always make up. They can't stay mad at each other. Both are very close to maxing out their careers (level 9 in Scientist and Tech Guru careers). I'm waiting till the very last 10 days of Maya's Young Adulthood to have them try for a baby. The nursery is finally finished, I can't wait!
  • Options
    AprilDawnAprilDawn Posts: 795 Member
    Hi! I don't normally do challenges but this looked like fun and I was bored so I started it and I am enjoying it! Question though - I am on Yellow (she is still a child right now) but the rules say 'Never have any close friends or relationships other than grandparent from Generation 1 until the grandparent dies'. Won't she have to get close to at least someone to have a child with (the next generation - Gray I think)? Or are we talking a one night stand here? Also is she not supposed to be close to her parents either (Rose and her father)? Thanks!
  • Options
    AprilDawn wrote: »
    Hi! I don't normally do challenges but this looked like fun and I was bored so I started it and I am enjoying it! Question though - I am on Yellow (she is still a child right now) but the rules say 'Never have any close friends or relationships other than grandparent from Generation 1 until the grandparent dies'. Won't she have to get close to at least someone to have a child with (the next generation - Gray I think)? Or are we talking a one night stand here? Also is she not supposed to be close to her parents either (Rose and her father)? Thanks!

When it comes to the levels of relationships... there are acquaintance, friends, good friends, best friends. With my yellow generation, I kept her interaction with her parents to a minimum (which kept them at friend level) while her interactions with her grandma, mint generation at maximum (which got them to best friends), until she passed away.. when she was a child.. at that point, her mom stepped in to console her from the death and quickly became good friends with her mom.

For me it was really easy because I don't plan to have my sims move to a different house, unless or until the challenge says it is time to move. I love the house that my family lives in and the ability to interact with everyone and I have a small area that I have been putting their headstones when they pass away.
  • Options
    Thanks! It is difficult to not be friends with her parents unless she is constantly mean and she is not mean - just a loner - she just doesn't interact with them much. She is best friends with her grandmother (Mint gen) even though she lives in another place, in that Needs TLC apartment (been quite the challenge playing in that apartment for so long!) - the Mint gen live in that old Salt House in the Spice District of San Myshuno. Problem is, her grandmother will likely never die! I am only playing with aging on for the active household (and they are not in the same household) other wise everyone in the town will die and I want to use most of the pre-mades for spouses - Mint married Diego Lobo. So, will just have to break the rules a bit - also since the Yellow gen will have to have a child - she will need to get with someone for at least long enough to get pregnant!
  • Options
    @AprilDawn could you move your 1st gen into the house with you so she will age?
  • Options
    No - they are living in a small apartment. It is fine though - not a real stickler for rules anyway! I like still seeing Mint and Diego in the neighborhood and popping in all the time too! Maybe when she becomes a YA - I can move her in with Mint and Diego though - so that is an idea too or I could even put her there now (she is a teen now) - like she ran away from her parents and to her grandmother that she is close to. I am not quite done with Rose yet though - she still needs to wed as an elder so maybe after that I will move her.
  • Options
    Sha2520032003Sha2520032003 Posts: 2,258 Member
    I love this challenge so much!! I have finally completed Generation 1 & moving along through Generation 2.
    Here is the founder: Ireland Berry
    SVdRGmr.png

nOHaWD3.png
    Ireland & her husband Dylan at their wedding
    6tbsznk.png

Their 3 Children:
    6QM0eSp.png
    Saskia Berry
    & the twins Soren & Ari Berry
    3D5yHR5.png

I chose Soren Berry as the heir for Generation 2:
    uiTMmdv.png
    G9aopNP.png

Soren is currently pregnant with the Generation 3 heir! I'm so excited for her to have her baby. She's level 4 in Politics career & level 8 i Charisma.

Having such a blast with this challenge :)

• Options
    SimSimerSimSimer Posts: 1 New Member
    Uhhh so my rose generation had twins... did I lose the challenge?
  • Options
    > @SimSimer said:
    > Uhhh so my rose generation had twins... did I lose the challenge?

No, you'll just have to choose one of the twins to carry on the legacy/challenge with.
  • Options
    @Sha2520032003 Soren is sooo beautiful!!! She resembles both Ireland and Dylan! Ari looks like a femm fatal <3
  • Options
    @Kvelvet Thank you...I am happy with how Soren turned out. Dylan doesn't have the best genetics with some of his other children, so I was worried lol.
  • Options
    @Sha2520032003 You know what's funny? I totally thought Saskia was Ari. I was literally like, "Who's that guy behind Soren?" :s My bad... he's like Dylan's doppelganger lol. If those are his only kids, I think they all look attractive.
  • Options
    Kvelvet wrote: »
    @Sha2520032003 You know what's funny? I totally thought Saskia was Ari. I was literally like, "Who's that guy behind Soren?" :s My bad... he's like Dylan's doppelganger lol. If those are his only kids, I think they all look attractive.

@Kvelvet Thank you! I wasn't too happy with how Ari turned out at first. But he kind of grew on me as I played the family.
    So, I added some of my favorite TS2 families before I started playing the challenge & Dylan had fathered a child with Kaylnn Langerak:
    iGdgxav.png
    This is why I thought his genetics were horrible! Hehe :)

• Options
    > @Sha2520032003 said:
    > Kvelvet wrote: »
    >
    > @Sha2520032003 You know what's funny? I totally thought Saskia was Ari. I was literally like, "Who's that guy behind Soren?" :s My bad... he's like Dylan's doppelganger lol. If those are his only kids, I think they all look attractive.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > @Kvelvet Thank you! I wasn't too happy with how Ari turned out at first. But he kind of grew on me as I played the family.
    > So, I added some of my favorite TS2 families before I started playing the challenge & Dylan had fathered a child with Kaylnn Langerak: (Spoiler)

I see lol! But that's just the one right?? ;)
  • Options
    > @Sha2520032003 said:
    >
    > @Sha2520032003 You know what's funny? I totally thought Saskia was Ari. I was literally like, "Who's that guy behind Soren?" :s My bad... he's like Dylan's doppelganger lol. If those are his only kids, I think they all look attractive.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > @Kvelvet Thank you! I wasn't too happy with how Ari turned out at first. But he kind of grew on me as I played the family.
    > So, I added some of my favorite TS2 families before I started playing the challenge & Dylan had fathered a child with Kaylnn Langerak: (Spoiler)

I see lol! But that's just the one right?? ;)

@Kvelvet - No Dylan has been busy...lol. He has two other children. & they're still at child age so unsure of their genetics right now. I always think the teen years, you can really see the genetics.
  • Options
    Cupcakeyorkies79Cupcakeyorkies79 Posts: 16 Member
    This challenge is so good!
  • Options
    > @Sha2520032003 said:
    >
    > > @Sha2520032003 said:
    > > Kvelvet wrote: »
    > >
    > > @Sha2520032003 You know what's funny? I totally thought Saskia was Ari. I was literally like, "Who's that guy behind Soren?" :s My bad... he's like Dylan's doppelganger lol. If those are his only kids, I think they all look attractive.
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > @Kvelvet Thank you! I wasn't too happy with how Ari turned out at first. But he kind of grew on me as I played the family.
    > > So, I added some of my favorite TS2 families before I started playing the challenge & Dylan had fathered a child with Kaylnn Langerak: (Spoiler)
    >
    > I see lol! But that's just the one right?? ;)
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > @Kvelvet - No Dylan has been busy...lol. He has two other children. & they're still at child age so unsure of their genetics right now. I always think the teen years, you can really see the genetics.

Oh my, Dylan!!! lol. True. The toddlers/children sometimes look identical, eventually they grow into their looks. Well, I do like Dylan's look, fyi. Sorry his kids can't all follow in his path lol
  • Options
    RozliRozli Posts: 17 Member
    I can wait to start this challenge. I'm a newbie so I won't be able to upload images but I keep you all posted on my progress.
    Not So Berry Legacy Challenge
  • Options
    Hey everyone, I can post now, finally! Just in time too, because Maya is now in her 2nd trimester! We're hoping for twins! I'll start off gradually just by introducing the Gilchrist-Astorga family. The problem is that it's been a long time since I posted pictures to any kind of forum and can't remember my photobucket info lol! Soon as I do, though, it's on! By the way, my current profile photo is a pic of Maya herself!
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    Nope... not working. Help lol?
    Post edited by Kvelvet on
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    Maya Gilchrist and her husband Lucas Astorga (He was created by katha085430).

JI3llZR.png

DvUX0ZZ.png

cAQiEJI.png
  • Options
    swcheppesswcheppes Posts: 3,027 Member

JI3llZR.png

DvUX0ZZ.png

cAQiEJI.png

Maya is such a pretty sim!
    suRdkSd.jpg
  • Options
    swcheppes wrote: »

JI3llZR.png

DvUX0ZZ.png

cAQiEJI.png

Maya is such a pretty sim!

@swcheppes Thank you! I put in a lot work in playing with genetics when I created her. At first, I felt she was dull looking, then I thought there was something about her, so I should give her a chance! Once I got to figuring the color of her hair and what she looked good wearing, I was certainly head over heels for her. She is my favorite of those I've ever made.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top