Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Missing interactions/various bugs

Okay, so I wanted to compile a few things I'm experiencing into one thread.

I'm noticing missing interactions a lot lately. For example, when my sim sells things using the street display, the "give sales pitch" interaction doesn't exist anymore.

When a sim is watching TV and I'd like another sim to watch, the "Watch current channel" option doesn't exist anymore.

Also, this pertains to CL in particular, when I select for my sim to sing in the shower, I don't actually hear them singing. It used to be that way, but now they just take a normal shower with the skill bar above their head.

There are more, but those are the ones I can think of right now. Yes, I've tried repairing my game and removing my CC folder (which I have very very little of).
tumblr_olomnw8E5c1ug9tk9o2_500.gif

Comments

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    edited March 2017
    Hello
    With the issue with " watching current channel " , you may like to post feedback or press " me too " on this thread on the AHQ EA site that refers to the issue
    http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/TO-ADD-Watch-current-channel-option-not-showing/td-p/5131762

With the other two issues ,try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated.
    Start a new game and test to see if the issues is in that new save game.
    Exit the game and then copy back the "options.ini" file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders from the desktop sims 4 folder.

If the issues remain, doing what is in the solution part of this link article may help
    http://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/11/codes-instead-of-text/
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    I can confirm the missing singing in the shower. Sims only sing in certain positive moods.
  • Options
    I can confirm the missing singing in the shower. Sims only sing in certain positive moods.

Hello
    Thankyou for the feedback on the singing in the shower. Previously were your sims able to sing in the shower whatever mood they had, or has being only able to sing in the shower when in a certain positive mood been brought into your game since City Living?
  • Options
    YellebYelleb Posts: 156 Member
    mariah6194 wrote: »

I'm noticing missing interactions a lot lately. For example, when my sim sells things using the street display, the "give sales pitch" interaction doesn't exist anymore.

When a sim is watching TV and I'd like another sim to watch, the "Watch current channel" option doesn't exist anymore.

Also, this pertains to CL in particular, when I select for my sim to sing in the shower, I don't actually hear them singing. It used to be that way, but now they just take a normal shower with the skill bar above their head.

There are more, but those are the ones I can think of right now. Yes, I've tried repairing my game and removing my CC folder (which I have very very little of).

I've been having sort of the opposite issue. Whenever my Sims sing, if I ask them to stop, they do... except their voice doesn't. It's like their voice stays where they were singing and just keeps going. It's so eerie.
  • Options
    Yelleb wrote: »

I've been having sort of the opposite issue. Whenever my Sims sing, if I ask them to stop, they do... except their voice doesn't. It's like their voice stays where they were singing and just keeps going. It's so eerie.

Hello @Yelleb
    Other simmers are also having this issue. It is usually fixed by coming completely out of the game then reloading.
    You may like to post feedback or press " me too " on this thread on the AHQ EA site that refers to the issue
    http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/OPEN-CL-Singing-Music-Overlay-and-never-stops/m-p/5666858#M29218
  • Options
    YellebYelleb Posts: 156 Member
    rosemow wrote: »

Hello @Yelleb
    Other simmers are also having this issue. It is usually fixed by coming completely out of the game then reloading.
    You may like to post feedback or press " me too " on this thread on the AHQ EA site that refers to the issue
    http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/OPEN-CL-Singing-Music-Overlay-and-never-stops/m-p/5666858#M29218

Ah thank you, Rose! I love you. In a totally non-creepy way. You're so kind and helpful.
  • Options
    rosemow wrote: »

Hello @Yelleb

Ah thank you, Rose! I love you. In a totally non-creepy way. You're so kind and helpful.

You're welcome :) Thankyou for your kind words.
  • Options
    mariah6194mariah6194 Posts: 1,002 Member
    Glad I'm not the only one.

Yeah, I have that issue too, it's annoying for sure! Usually traveling to another lot, or as Rose said, exiting out of the game, helps.

• Options
    Sorry to bump this, but I figured I'd add to it without making an entirely new thread....

I'm now missing the woohoo interaction when I click on a bed. It's only available under the romance interactions through conversation.
  • Options
    Sorry to bump this, but I figured I'd add to it without making an entirely new thread....

I'm now missing the woohoo interaction when I click on a bed. It's only available under the romance interactions through conversation.

Hello
    Try selling the bed and buying a new one and see if that helps.

If you have cc/mods in your game, move your mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and see if the issues are still there.
  • Options
    egwarhammeregwarhammer Posts: 5,752 Member
    If any of you are getting LastException files (NOT LastUIException and NOT LastCrash), if you want me to take a look at them, post or upload your NEWEST one.

No promises, I'm not an expert, but I've seen enough of these over the past 2 years to make at least a decent guess, depending on how cooperative the LE is.

If you share one, please, tag me. I'm in/out of a lot of sites these days, I don't want to miss you!

• Options
    Hey! @egwarhammer here's my newest LastException file....

<?xml version="1.0" ?><root>
    <report><version>2</version><sessionid>c6b44af0b35baa9158c083c2</sessionid><type>desync</type><sku>ea.maxis.sims4_64.15.pc</sku><createtime>2017-03-08 19:18:49</createtime><buildsignature>Local.Unknown.Unknown.1.27.80.1020-1.200.000.262.Release</buildsignature><categoryid>__init__.py:412</categoryid><desyncid>c6b44af0b35baa9158c083c2</desyncid><systemconfig/><screenshot/><desyncdata>Exception in Sim Timeline: Exception resuming Element (AttributeError: type object 'ComponentContainer' has no attribute 'get_surface_access_constraint') Traceback (most recent call last): File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\scheduling.py", line 217, in simulate File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\elements.py", line 382, in _resume File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\postures\transition.py", line 462, in do_transition_animation File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\carry\carry_postures.py", line 653, in append_exit_to_arb File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\carry\carry_postures.py", line 226, in __init__ File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\objects\components\__init__.py", line 412, in exported_func AttributeError: type object 'ComponentContainer' has no attribute 'get_surface_access_constraint' </desyncdata></report>
    </root>
  • Options
    AprilDawnAprilDawn Posts: 795 Member
    Missing in my game as well - the give sales pitch one - the watch current channel - no actual singing in the shower - no woohoo options on bed or closet - also seems like a lot of the invite to do this thing with me options are gone. Saw a new interaction too - must be a glitch from toddlers - 'feed from inventory' that can use on other adult sims.
  • Options
    AprilDawn wrote: »
    Missing in my game as well - the give sales pitch one - the watch current channel - no actual singing in the shower - no woohoo options on bed or closet - also seems like a lot of the invite to do this thing with me options are gone. Saw a new interaction too - must be a glitch from toddlers - 'feed from inventory' that can use on other adult sims.

Hello
    The watch current channel issue is listed on the AHQ EA site .
    With the other issues, if you have cc/mods in your game, move your mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and see if the issues are still there.
    Repairing the game may help. To do that, right click on the sims 4 picture in Origin and click repair.

Try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Exit the game and then copy back the "options.ini" or " options " file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders from the desktop sims 4 folder
  • Options
    Alright, update, I'm now missing the sing in shower interaction completely. :neutral:
  • Options
    Hello
    Other simmers have posted about this occurring in their game, and have found that the option only occurs when they have some emotions. Try testing by having your sims with various emotions and see if the option then appears.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Did they change routing in last patch or so? Because now Sims won't go get leftovers if another Sim is also on way to fridge. They wave their arm, that is one thing I liked about TS4, you could queue up two Sims to go get food and one would go ahead then the next now it falls out of queue and they start waving they can't get to it because another Sim went ahead of them.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Did they change routing in last patch or so? Because now Sims won't go get leftovers if another Sim is also on way to fridge. They wave their arm, that is one thing I liked about TS4, you could queue up two Sims to go get food and one would go ahead then the next now it falls out of queue and they start waving they can't get to it because another Sim went ahead of them.

Hello
    This AHQ EA thread refers to the issue
    http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/RE-OPENED-Issue-when-asking-multiple-sims-to-use-fridge/m-p/3927719#M5156
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Thanks @rosemow, I have a lot of 'me too' threads today I need to press. :)
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.