Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Face Off Cycle 8 - WINNER ANNOUNCED

BeechNutBabyBeechNutBaby Posts: 14,439 Member
SM4GcT4.png

Let's try this again! I've opened a couple competitions lately and I feel that the subject matter (being story-based or fantasy-based) has scared some people off! So, why not bring back another exciting cycle of Face Off!

The current cycle is on its final assignment, so this should be a fun transition for those who are still participating (and want to keep going) and any newbies who missed sign ups for cycle 7. Yes, if you are currently in the 7th cycle, you may sign up for this cycle!

Face Off is a great competition that takes the simplicity of a headshot and pushes your creativity to expand upon the style and make it your own. You will be tasked with making creative and fun fashion headshots each round, with minimal requirements.

I haven't really ever put a theme to Face Off before, but I thought that I would try that this cycle. So, the theme for this cycle is saturation. That means that your assignments, no matter the topic, will require some really excellent bursts of color. You'll want to play with brights, fun lighting, and eccentric makeup, hair, and accessories. I'm excited to see what kinds of images you all come up with!

Male & Female models are allowed, but most of my assignments are geared towards female models, so you may have to make some adjustments as we proceed.

7iE0LoT.png
No negativity, this includes belittling yourself
No copying and No Fighting
Editing is recommended, but not required
You may draw your own clothing, hair and objects
Extensions granted to the person asking if asked 24 hours before deadline
Assignments last 7-10 days depending on my schedule
2 Day extensions MAX - I will be sticking to this requirement this cycle.
No editing submissions once you've posted them to the forum
Have fun!!

eDlIKi3.png
yVbQA1W.png

NEEDS TO CHECK IN

CHECKED IN

ASSIGNMENT SUBMITTED
xJojox & Channing Wynter
Jpikman & Du Juan
Kittymeow & Alexa Johansson

EXTENSIONS GRANTED

Bgpo3xv.png

Uga6Bkf.pnghXMFxgL.png
6rj4Q13.png
Post edited by BeechNutBaby on

Comments

• Options
    edited June 2017
    bZbDEZH.png

FINAL ASSIGNMENT: DISNEY VILLAINS

I can't believe we are already to the finale! This has been one of my favorite cycles - there has been a ton of talent and I'm sooooo excited to see what this finale brings to us!!

The title pretty much sums it up, but here are the details: Create a fashion photo of your model styled like a famous Disney Villain! I say "famous" because I want to recognize your villain.

I would really like it if the villains were not duplicated, but I also want it to be a surprise for everyone. So, here's what I'd like you to do - you must PRIVATE MESSAGE me your choice of villain. I will let you know if someone has already messaged me that villain or if your choice is yours. When you check in and decide to message me, please make a note of it on the forum so that everyone can see the time stamp for when you would have messaged me!

Then, keep it secret until you submit!

Don't forget that BURST of color - make sure aspects of your photo are fully saturated with intense color!

The example image is meant to serve as inspiration and will generally include all necessary requirements, but do not copy it!

REQUIREMENTS
    ONE Photo
    Bold Colors
    Waist Up Shot
    Disney Villain - High Fashion

EXAMPLE
    pSZBOy6.png
    DEADLINE: JUNE 22ND

1PprfaF.png
    This competition runs with NO scoring rubric. It goes based off of a mathematical ranking system between the judges. So you will not see a scoring rubric, but rather comments from the judges and your final rank will be listed in a secret surprise slideshow!

How Do Eliminations Work?
    Good question! There is a bottom 3 every round (beginning with round 2) and ANY of the three contestants can be eliminated. They are listed in no particular order and the eliminated model is announced at the end of the slideshow - so watch to the end!

Judges Will Talk to Your Models, NOT YOU!
    Yep, when we give comments, we give them as if your model were a living person standing right in front of us! All comments made will be directed at your model. You, as his/her creator, will be considered your model's "team". So if we discuss lighting or makeup, you will see things like "set designer" and "makeup artist"!

RfQISa7.png
    click on the image icons to view the full size photos

zhEgstY.png Xy0SBl9.png NhxP759.png
    6rj4Q13.png
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    g1pRTHx.png

FIRST, SOME WORDS FROM BEECH:

I cannot believe how hard this finale was to judge. Each and every person in this cycle was so talented throughout the entire competition. The final 3 contestants - @jpikman @xJojox and @kittymeow were some of the best I've ever had the pleasure of hosting. That being said...your talent made my life difficult lol :D you three were so wonderful and patient as well as so incredibly talented!

As I said in a comment earlier, I was really struggling with my final choice in ranks. Gege and I were on the same wavelength, but I still felt like I needed to hear some more opinions. So, I asked my parents to look at the photos and tell me what they think. I only told them what the finale requirements were and actually didn't tell them which villains were which. I wanted to see if they could figure it out by looking at them.

My dad has a special love for one of the chosen villains and so that did slightly influence his decision - I believe the words were "well, that one (pointed to one of the images) is the best photo overall, but that one (pointed to another one) is my favorite."

My mom took longer to inspect the photos and spoke from an artistic perspective. She and I felt the same way and it did make me feel a little better in my thinking! In the end, I took their thoughts, my thoughts, and focused on the FINAL ASSIGNMENT only and what I really was looking for from you all!

Please know that you all were so wonderful and this was such a hard decision to make, but we did need to make one and choose a winner!

Thank you @Gege for being so on top of scores and helpful with your comments. I am very sure that your critiques helped these lovely ladies throughout the competition. <3

Okay, enough rambling, you can see who won in the slideshow below! Signatures are also posted in the spoiler!

ea7huIK.png
    CLICK HERE if the button above does not work.
    If the slideshow does not play for you, try THIS LINK.

KITTY'S SIGNATURE
    QVajA90.png

JPIKMAN'S SIGNATURE
    HoiJMSf.png

XJOJOX'S SIGNATURE
    z1zfzGO.png
    6rj4Q13.png
  • Options
    JoeJoe11JoeJoe11 Posts: 1,406 Member
    Username: JoeJoe11
    Model Name: India Serrero

Headshot:
    33251246106_f7dc82490b_b.jpg
    c0Ixg8O.png
  • Options
    Beautiful @JoeJoe11
    6rj4Q13.png
  • Options
    FauxEvermoreFauxEvermore Posts: 226 Member
    I am very tempted to join this. Especially since Tales of Fairies was cancelled. Will see if I can. I won't have computer access till the 14th anyways (on my phone now)
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    i've missed editing! need to get back into the habit...

M o c k
    P e a c o c k

33293521115_508cdae832_b.jpg
    c0Ixg8O.png
  • Options
    ColorMePinkColorMePink Posts: 5,810 Member
    edited March 2017
    Saw your pm, Beech. :)

OMG I'm obsessed with the color theme, but I can't decide if want to turn in a judge app or a model one. Aghhhh! :p
  • Options
    jpikman wrote: »
    I am very tempted to join this. Especially since Tales of Fairies was cancelled. Will see if I can. I won't have computer access till the 14th anyways (on my phone now)

I would love to have you - I'll add you to the reserve list just in case :wink:
    6rj4Q13.png
  • Options
    JoeJoe11 wrote: »
    i've missed editing! need to get back into the habit...

M o c k
    P e a c o c k

Beautiful work!
    6rj4Q13.png
  • Options
    Saw your pm, Beech. :)

OMG I'm obsessed with the color theme, but I can't decide if want to turn in a judge app or a model one. Aghhhh! :p

You know I'll take you in any capacity :wink:
    6rj4Q13.png
  • Options
    Hoping this gets some more interest! It's such a fun comp
    c0Ixg8O.png
  • Options
    xJojoxxJojox Posts: 6,878 Member
  • Options
    Hoping so too :)
    6rj4Q13.png
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    I may join with a model if my pic idea works out. First I gotta finish Dark Shadowz tho, which I'm editing now. ;)
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    Username: ColorMePink aka Vid
    Model Name: Nicole Riley
    Headshot:
    33241927531_8952675b11_o.png
    Full Size

She had red hair, but then I remembered Jojo's model has red hair. >_< B/w I can change the background color too if you want, but she should be easy to cut out as well.
    Post edited by ColorMePink on
  • Options
    kykykyky Posts: 241 Member
    love this comp, uhmm... next month i will have a test but i think i can join if this comp doesnt need edit, or pts or anything else which require much more about quality picture ^^^ jusst tried when i have free time :) i will up my entry soon
    kNl6pO8.png
  • Options
    TEXASTWANGTONYATEXASTWANGTONYA Posts: 4,940 Member
    @BeechNutBaby -- I LOVE this COMP! I am SO IN.... Will Have my APP up SOON.... <3
  • Options
    Penguinwa101Penguinwa101 Posts: 3,131 Member

I haven't done anything with Giselle lately so... why not!!!! ;)<3

Username: Penguinwa101 / Penguin

Model Name: Giselle Pansino

Headshot:

ztCIQ20.png?1
    3gXRDPf.gif
    Twitter: @Penguinwa101
    Tumblr: http://penguinentertainment.tumblr.com/
    Youtube: Penguin Entertainment
  • Options
    Lovegab101Lovegab101 Posts: 83 Member
    reserved.
  • Options
    kykykyky Posts: 241 Member
    edited March 2017
    NAH i've finished this work by my smartphone :)
    Username: KyKy/ kyky
    Model name: Caroline Estern
    Headshot:
    IMG_3478.png
    Exotic Bird - Red Chicken:
    IMG_3477.jpg

Post edited by kyky on
    kNl6pO8.png
  • Options
    username:lovegab101

model name: elzia delrio.

headshot:

iwkydc.jpg
  • Options
    xJojoxxJojox Posts: 6,878 Member
    Question can u join twice in a row regardless of ur placing the cycle before
  • Options
    VanadisVanadis Posts: 2,305 Member
    @xJojox Beech doesn't typically have any rules about that. So yes.

I might stick Aceydoodle in this cause it's geared more toward females so let's freaking try it with a dude lol.
    She says that love is for fools that fall behind
    I'm somewhere between
    I never really know a killer from a savior
  • Options
    exotic bird:
    GOLD & BLUE MACAW

243jf5f.jpg