Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Are you eating enough fruit and veggies?

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    SoapSudsSoapSuds Posts: 1,359 Member
    Sadly, no. I should, especially considering I do love fruits and love plenty of veggies. I definitely eat them every day, but probably not 10 servings worth.
  • Options
    ChloeDeCookieChloeDeCookie Posts: 2,467 Member
    edited March 2017
    I dont eat too much fruit. I have 500g of grapes in 3 days but I'm eatin more per day now. I have quite a bit of veg tho. I eat a lot of junk food tho but its so I don't suddenly drop weight since losing weight wouldn't be healthy for me coz I'm quite light now
    To all you beautiful people out there, have a lovely day.
  • Options
    Marmalade27Marmalade27 Posts: 625 Member
    I barely eat veggies. I prefer fruits. I try to eat an apple or an orange every day. If not, I take vitamin C supplements.
  • Options
    MiataPlayMiataPlay Posts: 6,089 Member
    I pitted those that don't eat enough fruits and feel true growth from all the veggies I eat. Love this earth!
  • Options
    RiverBlossomRiverBlossom Posts: 255 Member
    Movotti wrote: »
    How many portions of fruit/veg do you eat a day?

Actually, I survive on fluids until suppertime, which normally makes me sick. I kind of have a food allergy.
    Be safe.
  • Options
    AvaSims4080AvaSims4080 Posts: 810 Member
    I will never be able to eat 10 portions of fruit or vegatables each day, I can barely stretch to 5! This is what I devoured yesterday.
    Breakfast: Cereal with a piece of fruit and orange juice, that's 2 so far.
    Lunch: Sandwich with a small portion of grapes, that's 3 so far.
    Dinner: Lasagna with some fresh lettuce on the side, that's 4 so far.
    Snack: Chocolate brownie.
  • Options
    MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    edited March 2017
    Since paying a little more attention to what I eat, I've found that 10 portions of fruit/veg is easy
    Breakfast: Cereal with a piece of fruit and orange juice, that's 2 so far.
    could have easily added more fruit.
    My breakfast recently has been 4 different pieces of fruit with some yoghurt in a smoothie. Starting the day with four portions means there's only six to go.
    Lunch: Sandwich with a small portion of grapes, that's 3 so far.
    Fill your sandwich with salad. My lunches, since posting this topic, have been salad (4 portions of fruit/veggies. Tomato, cucumber, lettuce, rocket, sprouts, snowpeas, carrot, celery, spinach, radish, in varying combinations, with fish or egg)
    Dinner: Lasagna with some fresh lettuce on the side, that's 4 so far.
    Lamesagna if it's lacking in veggies. My mums lasagna is loaded with vegggies, chopped small or grated, and hidden in the sauce with the meat. And you can easily make it with even more veggies, by ditching the pasta, and replacing it with thin slices of zucchini, eggplant or sweet potato.
    Snack: Chocolate brownie.
    I take it you've never had a fruit or veggie based chocolate cake, they're a sneaky way to get more veggies into your diet.

My dinner last night was pork sausages with ratatouille.
    My breakfast is going to be another fruit salad smoothe.
    My lunch will be salad with salmon (freshly grilled, and I'll have some left over for tomorrows lunch)
    And I'll be having the left over snags with rat tonight,

Other dishes I have planned for this week include:
    • Salmon and spinach omlette
    • Celery, apple and walnut salad, with plain yoghurt as the dressing
    • cucumber and tomato salad
    • Veggie soup (carrot, celery, onion, cabbage, turnip, and whatever veggies need cleaning out of the fridge)
    • Deep fried cauliflour, with cumin batter.
    • Kale chips. I usually make some whenever I'm using the oven for anything else, and make them for snack later that day, or the following day. Yeah, I'm a freak who actually likes kale chips.
    • Apple crumble, with the crumble being made from nuts.

The only change I've really made to my diet is to add more fruit.

When I'm out, my 'junk food' is stuff like cold rolls, yiros, burriro bowl, fruit salad, fish and chips with salad.
    Occasionally I have bad days, like I did yesterday, where I was poor, and too lazy to go to the other end of the mall to get lunch, so had chips for lunch. I regretted it after. They weren't the nicest chips I've ever had, a bit cold, a bit too salty. *le sigh*
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • Options
    AvaSims4080AvaSims4080 Posts: 810 Member
    edited March 2017
    Thank you for the tips above, they're helpful. I'm more of a fruit person, so I tend to avoid vegetables being in my meals at all costs. That isn't ideal and I'm trying to stop eating things which aren't doing me any favours. Whenever I'm home alone, I tend to walk to the fridge and I see chocolate or grapes. I need to stop reaching for the chocolate.

I'm running 10k in a few months and a balanced diet is essential. I'm going to start training with my Mum soon, including running through the street and putting a stop to the takeaways!
  • Options
    gabriellegabrielle Posts: 260 Member
    I used to be terrible about fruits and veggies, but I've started doing better recently! I've joined WW and that really helps with it!
    tumblr_mn9sw7o3jo1r0f8vho1_500.gif
  • Options
    Aeriexo11Aeriexo11 Posts: 646 Member
    edited April 2017
    Since preparing my body to have children, I have considerably changed my diet, and I eat dark leafy greens with basically every meal. I eat a lot of swiss chard, kale, and spinach. I LOVE swiss chard :p

Now Im off to pick up my box of veggies from the farmers market!
  • Options
    Misa_wants_PepsiMisa_wants_Pepsi Posts: 229 Member
    No. I really should. I love fruit, but hate most salad food (tomatoes, lettace ect)
  • Options
    SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    I dont eat too much fruit. I have 500g of grapes in 3 days but I'm eatin more per day now. I have quite a bit of veg tho. I eat a lot of junk food tho but its so I don't suddenly drop weight since losing weight wouldn't be healthy for me coz I'm quite light now
    @ChloeDeCookie don't eat junk to gain/maintain weight.
    I was/am a skinny person too. Only gaining weight cause my medication slows down my metabolism. But when I wasn't taking my medication and was still very skinny the only thing that helped me gain weight was oatmeal porridge. I had it for breakfast everyday for about a month and gained a stone. :D I fully know the struggles of gaining weight. I've eaten junk my whole life, everyday. Like, I worked at mcdonald's for three years and had it for lunch everyday, plus daily chocolate and crisps and nothing. No weight gain whatsoever, not a gram.
    Try to eat full three hot meals a day and...oatmeal! :D
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • Options
    mintycupcakemintycupcake Posts: 13,212 Member
    Ok, I know you said no potatoes, which lets fries out, but what about popcorn???
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻