Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What's the purpose of a dark form?

Hey guys, I've been wanting to know if you could have a vampire without having a dark form and once I got the game I was glad to find out that you don't need one. I was wondering what the purpose of the dark form is. In the descriptions it said it's use to hide that you are a vampire and allows access to your powers. When you do select a power to use you do in fact go into your dark form first, but if you delete it you don't go through one and just use it immediately. I have speculations that maybe if you have a dark form you won't do random hissing and nobody can discover you are a vampire without you telling them. Does anyone know if this is true?

Comments

• Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    Just my personal opinion, why I think there is a dark side. I've tested a vampire out, who does not have a dark side, and that vampire had the full abilities the same as a vampire who has a dark side. I know as far back as Sims 2, and 3, I wanted my vampires to have two sides, but did not get that until Sims 4. Most of the things we see in entertainment involving vampires, most of the time they too have a dark side as well, yet also have a side they have when they are trying to attract, or just to blend in. I just wished in Sims 4, that no one would know a vampire is a vampire, until certain things happened, other wise the general public would just see them as another human sim.

I like having the dark side, this way a vampire can look as nasty and menacing as their player wants them to be, yet, looking as good in their non-dark side. I really hope that when EA comes out with witches, they will do the same for them as well.
  • Options
    DKguruArtistDKguruArtist Posts: 299 Member
    Guess another question could be why hide the dark form, maybe it is aspiration traits i have but i never noticed any difference in how people react to me in or out of dark form. I even went as far as to go to a big party and nobody have any negative reaction to me at all in dark form.
  • Options
    foussifoussi Posts: 642 Member
    It exist to make your vampire EDGY.
    Nah i think its more like to have dark form fot your vamp.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    I think it's more because a lot of the cultural versions of vampires outside Sims have appearance transformation, so this gives us an option to play that way in-game too.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    i think the dark form is a waste because i never use it at least in my opinion if i create a vampire sim i prefer its stay like a normal sims so i will never give a darkform to my vampires sims
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    edited February 2017
    Because in some lore, vampires look like your average human, until they use their powers their monstrous form comes out.

or you could give your sim one form, and no matter the powers your sim will look one way doing it all.

I think When i create a vampire, he's going to have his Human Form, but also a Demonic form. and At some point I'm going to kill off his Humanity and be 100% Demon
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    MasonGamer wrote: »
    Because in some lore, vampires look like your average human, until they use their powers their monstrous form comes out.

or you could give your sim one form, and no matter the powers your sim will look one way doing it all.

I think When i create a vampire, he's going to have his Human Form, but also a Demonic form. and At some point I'm going to kill off his Humanity and be 100% Demon
    But I love my sims to look like a normal sim even if they are a vampire its like they want to fit in to the neighborhoods.

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    BatmanSimmerBatmanSimmer Posts: 248 Member
    You don't have to have a dark form, so I don't see why it matters. It's simly just there for a transformation to a more scary vampire. Most tv vampires will have this. If you have ever seen Buffy the Vampire Slayer, when they turn into vampires their faces chance and the vampire teeth show.

However, if you want to play a game where vampires are completely normal, just don't give them a dark form and dress them however you want.
    Happy Simming!
  • Options
    Dayvon64Dayvon64 Posts: 493 Member
    You don't have to have a dark form, so I don't see why it matters. It's simly just there for a transformation to a more scary vampire. Most tv vampires will have this. If you have ever seen Buffy the Vampire Slayer, when they turn into vampires their faces chance and the vampire teeth show.

However, if you want to play a game where vampires are completely normal, just don't give them a dark form and dress them however you want.

A lot of people say that the vampires are heavily inspired by the show. Though I haven't watched it I do thank the show for bringing the best vampires we ever had. I understand that we don't need the Dark Form, but I was wondering if they are special other than looks. All in all I am happy people got what they want, I will be using the dark form for other sims though.
  • Options
    Dayvon64 wrote: »

A lot of people say that the vampires are heavily inspired by the show. Though I haven't watched it I do thank the show for bringing the best vampires we ever had. I understand that we don't need the Dark Form, but I was wondering if they are special other than looks. All in all I am happy people got what they want, I will be using the dark form for other sims though.

Now you can watch the show!

<-- Just got the Season 8 comics — all of them! — in the mail :smiley:
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    DKguruArtistDKguruArtist Posts: 299 Member
    Remember the original fright night movies the vampires were also able to disguise their more horrific vampire looks too, so not only TV series like Buffy the vampire slayer that had a sort hide dark form.
  • Options
    JestinaJestina Posts: 1,609 Member
    It's also a thing in Vampire the Masquerade. The struggle to retain some humanity versus succumbing to the beast.
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    Jestina wrote: »
    It's also a thing in Vampire the Masquerade. The struggle to retain some humanity versus succumbing to the beast.

Plot twist the Human is the Beast B)
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,836 Member
    edited February 2017

@Jestina I'm so glad someone else knows about Vampire the Masquerade!
    When I finally get this pack, I intend to make a household of Vamps to reflect a few of the different clans by allowing them to basically only have powers and traits that were more dominant within said clans.
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,449 Member
    Anmirla wrote: »

When I finally get this pack, I intend to make a household of Vamps to reflect a few of the different clans by allowing them to basically only have powers and traits that were more dominant within said clans.

That's what I'm doing too! I'm creating a few of each clan and building them with the appropriate traits and powers. I've even been searching for lots that will suit the clan members and I found a cool asylum for the Malkavian and some gorgeous grand mansions for the high clans. There are some city slums for the Brujah and a variety of graveyard parks with underground lairs for Gangrel and Nosferatu. I'm having a blast with it. :)
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    Bronwin2Bronwin2 Posts: 2,010 Member
    I would like to see someone compile a list of traits, vampire strengths and vampire weaknesses that match each clan. Maybe arranged in a chart.
  • Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    It's just something cool they added. I created a family that looks relatively normal on the surface, but each vampire has a distinct 'dark form' that changes their look entirely and makes them completely unnoticeable, and scary :scream:. It's actually really cool, but I wish that there was more flexibility there. It's kind of annoying having to do the vampire tasks to gain points to unlock traits, when I would rather just have them all unlocked so I could choose what traits my vampire has as he ages.
  • Options
    DeservedCriticismDeservedCriticism Posts: 2,251 Member
    They tried to cater to all different kinds of vampires.

For some people, they like the type of vampire that can look like a normal human one moment and then the next it looks like a demon or something. Making such a vampire wouldn't be possible without a dark form, thus it's there, but completely optional for those that simply wanna look like an edgelord 24/7, or those that just wanna make Edward Cullen and finally be together. <3
    "Who are you, that do not know your history?"
  • Options
    AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,836 Member
    edited February 2017
    LiELF wrote: »

That's what I'm doing too! I'm creating a few of each clan and building them with the appropriate traits and powers. I've even been searching for lots that will suit the clan members and I found a cool asylum for the Malkavian and some gorgeous grand mansions for the high clans. There are some city slums for the Brujah and a variety of graveyard parks with underground lairs for Gangrel and Nosferatu. I'm having a blast with it. :)

Do Vamps in TS4 have the ability to keep their dark form? If so, do you use the "normal" form of a Nosferatu as a type of obfuscate ability?

I'm looking forward to the possibility of them releasing a Witch game pack, downloading a hybrid mod and going to town creating Tremere clan members! *fingers crossed*
    Oh, and of course, they need to release a Werewolf pack so our Vamps will have Lycan enemies! >:)
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • Options
    edited February 2017

Do Vamps in TS4 have the ability to keep their dark form? If so, do you use the "normal" form of a Nosferatu as a type of obfuscate ability?

I'm looking forward to the possibility of them releasing a Witch game pack, downloading a hybrid mod and going to town creating Tremere clan members! *fingers crossed*
    Oh, and of course, they need to release a Werewolf pack so our Vamps will have Lycan enemies! >:)

You can make your vampire have his or her normal form look just like their dark form, there is even a copy button that allows you to make the two exactly the same, if you choose too. If they do come out with the Werewolves, I really hope they look like the werewolf statues that is in the game.

sims-4-vampire-angespielt-003_news.png
  • Options
    Dayvon64Dayvon64 Posts: 493 Member
    LaBlue0314 wrote: »

You can make your vampire have his or her normal form look just like their dark form, there is even a copy button that allows you to make the two exactly the same, if you choose too. If they do come out with the Werewolves, I really hope they look like the werewolf statues that is in the game.

sims-4-vampire-angespielt-003_news.png

Do you know how epic it would be for werewolves to not just have a weird hairy version of themselves but a giant werewolf form! It would be awesome if you could choose to just be hairy or actually be a beast!

• Options
    LaBlue0314 wrote: »

The copy button only copies the normal to the dark, though, unless I'm doing it wrong :/
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    You need to create your normal look as you would with the dark form, the monster stuff with the vampires, the cracks, the wrinkled up forehead and other stuff, and then copy to your dark form.
  • Options
    OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    Count Dracula also has several humanoid forms, in addition to many animal ones, in Bram Stoker's novel as well as many of the film adaptations. A "dark form" is not exclusively a 20th century vampire characteristic.
  • Options
    pearlbhpearlbh Posts: 313 Member
    The dark form is really just a matter of designing it in CAS. My experience is that they will spin into their dark form whenever they bite a Sim or do some other Vampire things like sparring, and then spin back to normal when they finish. But once in awhile, they other don't go dark or don't go back to normal, which I take to be just a glitchy thing.

All born vampires will have a dark form and I don't think you can get rid of it, but you could as others have said, just copy their normal look (for each outfit) to the dark form in CAS so they never look any different when they spin into dark form. When you create a vampire in CAS, I think you can choose whether you want to have a dark form at all or not.