Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What's the purpose of a dark form?

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    You can delete their dark form in CAS, two of my current vampires don't have a dark side. The upside to that is that they don't switch over to the dark side when getting ready to do what ever vampire stuff, they just straight in for the "kill" so to speak.
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    Do NPC sims that have been turned into vampires have a dark form?
  • Options
    DKguruArtistDKguruArtist Posts: 299 Member
    calaprfy wrote: »
    Do NPC sims that have been turned into vampires have a dark form?

Yeah they get a random darkform when they turn after the 3 days time, if you mean ones you turn yourself. Otherwise the random generated townies already have one in that case.
  • Options
    emmaningemmaning Posts: 3,407 Member
    Dayvon64 wrote: »
    LaBlue0314 wrote: »
    Anmirla wrote: »
    LiELF wrote: »
    Jestina wrote: »
    It's also a thing in Vampire the Masquerade. The struggle to retain some humanity versus succumbing to the beast.

@Jestina I'm so glad someone else knows about Vampire the Masquerade!
    When I finally get this pack, I intend to make a household of Vamps to reflect a few of the different clans by allowing them to basically only have powers and traits that were more dominant within said clans.

That's what I'm doing too! I'm creating a few of each clan and building them with the appropriate traits and powers. I've even been searching for lots that will suit the clan members and I found a cool asylum for the Malkavian and some gorgeous grand mansions for the high clans. There are some city slums for the Brujah and a variety of graveyard parks with underground lairs for Gangrel and Nosferatu. I'm having a blast with it. :)

Do Vamps in TS4 have the ability to keep their dark form? If so, do you use the "normal" form of a Nosferatu as a type of obfuscate ability?

I'm looking forward to the possibility of them releasing a Witch game pack, downloading a hybrid mod and going to town creating Tremere clan members! *fingers crossed*
    Oh, and of course, they need to release a Werewolf pack so our Vamps will have Lycan enemies! >:)

You can make your vampire have his or her normal form look just like their dark form, there is even a copy button that allows you to make the two exactly the same, if you choose too. If they do come out with the Werewolves, I really hope they look like the werewolf statues that is in the game.

sims-4-vampire-angespielt-003_news.png

Do you know how epic it would be for werewolves to not just have a weird hairy version of themselves but a giant werewolf form! It would be awesome if you could choose to just be hairy or actually be a beast!

Yup, they were badly done with the lots of body hair and no beast thing in TS3 imho, which was why I never played them. I hope in TS4 that they would have more beast effects and fur, not just normal looking body hair.
    feKqkxf.jpg

My blog: ning's backlog
    Don't forget the forum rules are on the forum- go find 'em!
  • Options
    Bronwin2Bronwin2 Posts: 2,010 Member
    What is really nice is the fact that you can do it the way you want it. If you don't want a dark form you don't have to have one. If you want a permanent dark or normal form you can to that and if you want your normal form to be your dark form you can do that too.
  • Options
    AshtontoAshton22AshtontoAshton22 Posts: 1,797 Member
    I know that in stories, most people hate the idea of becoming a monster and have to come to grips with it. However, I think that's a little cliche. I have Julia stay in her dark form because she loves the idea of being some unearthly creature and embraces it. She is mischievous, after all. It also makes for a more entertaining story. Also, Jon loves how she looks in that form, so there is that as well.
  • Options
    SailorCetiSailorCeti Posts: 807 Member
    edited August 2018
    I guess I’m the oddball here. I prefer a more cute aesthetic. Think Mavis. Zing! Anyway, I think once a sims is turned, the game should react different depending on age. For example, child and teens will only have a normal form. Once they age up to young adult, cas opens so they can create a dark form, or opt out. If already a young adult or over have cas do that when turned. They could even make them aspiration rewards. Fulfilling the good vampire one might reward you with the opportunity to purge your dark form. They could do one for the opposite, bad vampire, removing your human form, becoming eternally demonic.
    This game needs more Sailor Moon!

Hold SHIFT while using the FRIEZE tool to apply it to a single wall, and not an entire room!

** SailorCeti's Builds **

If you download one of my builds, by all means, leave me a message and tell me what you did and did not like about it.
  • Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    emmaning wrote: »
    Dayvon64 wrote: »
    LaBlue0314 wrote: »
    LiELF wrote: »
    Jestina wrote: »
    It's also a thing in Vampire the Masquerade. The struggle to retain some humanity versus succumbing to the beast.

@Jestina I'm so glad someone else knows about Vampire the Masquerade!
    When I finally get this pack, I intend to make a household of Vamps to reflect a few of the different clans by allowing them to basically only have powers and traits that were more dominant within said clans.

That's what I'm doing too! I'm creating a few of each clan and building them with the appropriate traits and powers. I've even been searching for lots that will suit the clan members and I found a cool asylum for the Malkavian and some gorgeous grand mansions for the high clans. There are some city slums for the Brujah and a variety of graveyard parks with underground lairs for Gangrel and Nosferatu. I'm having a blast with it. :)

Do Vamps in TS4 have the ability to keep their dark form? If so, do you use the "normal" form of a Nosferatu as a type of obfuscate ability?

I'm looking forward to the possibility of them releasing a Witch game pack, downloading a hybrid mod and going to town creating Tremere clan members! *fingers crossed*
    Oh, and of course, they need to release a Werewolf pack so our Vamps will have Lycan enemies! >:)

You can make your vampire have his or her normal form look just like their dark form, there is even a copy button that allows you to make the two exactly the same, if you choose too. If they do come out with the Werewolves, I really hope they look like the werewolf statues that is in the game.

sims-4-vampire-angespielt-003_news.png

Do you know how epic it would be for werewolves to not just have a weird hairy version of themselves but a giant werewolf form! It would be awesome if you could choose to just be hairy or actually be a beast!

Yup, they were badly done with the lots of body hair and no beast thing in TS3 imho, which was why I never played them. I hope in TS4 that they would have more beast effects and fur, not just normal looking body hair.

I don't think so; they were very classic werewolves of the Wolfman type (see old black and white movies)
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek