Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Buggy game since toddlers

CursedDiceCursedDice Posts: 978 Member
Deactivated all mods and CC and the game is buggier since update, but I get

queues getting stuck so I have to reset sim,

items can't be replaced when broken only repaired

sims take forever to do things that I can lose my toddlers because of how slow they are

the high chair

family members who fail to prioritise. if toddler is both tired and hungry, deal with hunger first so social doesn't come and take them. or parents who don't bother to feed the kid (they can do it autonomously, i've seen them do it) then couple that with sims take forever (and the obsessive need for every sim to pick up the toddler without addressing the actual issue) to do anything it's faster and more reliable to cheat need in a lot of cases
sim switcher gets stuck

microwave gets stuck. sim will put food in microwave, but not complete the food prep. the only way to get food out is to trash the food
baking cakes results in the baker automatically taking serving which ruins weddings and birthdays

sims get stuck with their queues not executing (had half my sims just stand there stuck for 30 in-game minutes). fixes itself when you pause. mods were active though

hair disappears when showering. although those sims were using cc hair. when i switched them to stock hair, it fixed soon after

contortionist bug. the arms become horribly mangled when carrying a toddler. it's infrequent. i think i got it once without mods

spray monster under the bed interaction broken. when the child asks the parent to spray monster, the parent never actually does it so the kid will run around for hours unable to sleep. you have to tell the parent to spray the monster.

contortionist bug part two. toddler sim stretches to adult size

t-pose glitch. sims get stuck in t-pose randomly
Post edited by CursedDice on

Comments

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    Hello
    Try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated.
    Start a new game and test to see if the issues are in that new save game.
    Exit the game and then copy back the "options.ini" file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders from the desktop sims 4 folder.Test the game between placing back each folder.

With the issue with parents and toddlers, you may like to post feedback on this thread on the AHQ EA site
    http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/OPEN-Autonomy-issues-since-toddler-update/m-p/5819628#M32257
  • Options
    mebagl15mebagl15 Posts: 563 Member
    "re:items can't be replaced when broken only repaired"

I have one household that I know of where this happens. I also can't buy Upgrade parts on the computer. I used a skills cheat to progress one Sim to level 10 and it stays the same. So far the other households that I've played are OK. It remains in this one household.
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    rosemow wrote: »
    Hello
    Try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated.
    Exit the game and then copy back the "options.ini" file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders from the desktop sims 4 folder.Test the game between placing back each folder.

With the issue with parents and toddlers, you may like to post feedback on this thread on the AHQ EA site
    http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/OPEN-Autonomy-issues-since-toddler-update/m-p/5819628#M32257

I've also got the game installed on my PC where I'll be playing the same family (is there a reliable way to move a sim, since AFAIK game still doesn't support cloud saves?). Maybe it will be different

That link basically describes what's happening. Other sims keep getting in the way and holding up everyone's queue, because they get to the toddler first and pick them up, do nothing (or move them 2 metres) and put them down. Or put them in the high chair only to take them out again.
  • Options
    CursedDice wrote: »
    Hello

I've also got the game installed on my PC where I'll be playing the same family (is there a reliable way to move a sim, since AFAIK game still doesn't support cloud saves?). Maybe it will be different

That link basically describes what's happening. Other sims keep getting in the way and holding up everyone's queue, because they get to the toddler first and pick them up, do nothing (or move them 2 metres) and put them down. Or put them in the high chair only to take them out again.

Hello
    You could save your sims household to the community section of the gallery , then redownload the sim into your library when playing the game on your other computer. They will lose though any relationships that your sims has with sims not in their household, and will lose their inventory and collections progress. They will retain though their skills, reward traits, aspiration progress and their careers.
    You could also use the tray importer tool to combine the sims household files together into a folder , then place the files from that folder into the tray folder on your other computer.
  • Options
    mebagl15 wrote: »

I have one household that I know of where this happens. I also can't buy Upgrade parts on the computer. I used a skills cheat to progress one Sim to level 10 and it stays the same. So far the other households that I've played are OK. It remains in this one household.

Hello
    Try selling the computer and buying a different type of computer and see if you can purchase upgrade parts then.
    Try checking to make sure that you are typing in the skills cheat correctly.
    https://simsvip.com/sims-4-cheats-codes/#Skills
  • Options

Hello
    Try selling the computer and buying a different type of computer and see if you can purchase upgrade parts then.
    Try checking to make sure that you are typing in the skills cheat correctly.
    https://simsvip.com/sims-4-cheats-codes/#Skills

It seems my replace option has reappeared
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,570 Member
    Wow, I thought I was the only one having these sorts of problems. The whole hesitation when switching from one Sim to another, the standing around doing nothing even when a command is given. I generally 'repair' the broken items as my Sims aren't rich, so that one I haven't noticed. This is a new game save, too. Huh. I'm still loving toddlers, though. The only thing with them I would advocate be changed is that even if you max their skills, they start school with an "F". That's totally and wholly unfair. They should get some bump. I blamed myself because I aged a toddler to child, since I didn't wish to have two toddlers at once. So, sadly Charles wasn't fully skilled. He had an "F". I kept getting threats of removal unless his grade improved. :open_mouth: I didn't give him the F, you did! If in RL this is how it worked many of us would be dismal failures. We start off at a "C", then it's up to the student to either raise or, sadly, lower that grade.

@rosemow, I may give that changing out the folder a try. The last time I tried to fix anything, I did a 'repair' game, first. Then changed out the folder. That's when my Mods stopped working. Even reinstalling MCC Center didn't get it working again. The only thing that got that mod working again, was returning to my old folder. So much for the 'cleaning house', I was attempting to do. I will keep the old file on hand, having learned from experience. Thank you. :)
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    Wow, I thought I was the only one having these sorts of problems. The whole hesitation when switching from one Sim to another, the standing around doing nothing even when a command is given. I generally 'repair' the broken items as my Sims aren't rich, so that one I haven't noticed. This is a new game save, too. Huh. I'm still loving toddlers, though. The only thing with them I would advocate be changed is that even if you max their skills, they start school with an "F". That's totally and wholly unfair. They should get some bump. I blamed myself because I aged a toddler to child, since I didn't wish to have two toddlers at once. So, sadly Charles wasn't fully skilled. He had an "F". I kept getting threats of removal unless his grade improved. :open_mouth: I didn't give him the F, you did! If in RL this is how it worked many of us would be dismal failures. We start off at a "C", then it's up to the student to either raise or, sadly, lower that grade.

@rosemow, I may give that changing out the folder a try. The last time I tried to fix anything, I did a 'repair' game, first. Then changed out the folder. That's when my Mods stopped working. Even reinstalling MCC Center didn't get it working again. The only thing that got that mod working again, was returning to my old folder. So much for the 'cleaning house', I was attempting to do. I will keep the old file on hand, having learned from experience. Thank you. :)

Hello.
    I hope that the resetting of your sims 4 folder helps the issues and goes more smoothly this time.
  • Options
    Replacing the computer worked. I'm waiting for something to break to see if the replace/repair option shows up.
  • Options
    added to op
  • Options
    Hello
    With the automatic taking of servings from cakes, you may like to post feedback or press " me too " on this thread on the AHQ EA site that refers to the issue.
    http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/COLLECTION-THREAD-Issues-with-Food/m-p/5821172#M32460

thanks

updated op for something that i forgot
  • Options
    added contortionist bug part two
  • Options
    tuaportuguesatuaportuguesa Posts: 1 New Member
    Since toddlers came out I'm having a really bad time with my game. It always crashes when I travel so I'm stuck at home all the time. I deleted all my mods/cc and nothing changed. I also tried the trick
    Hello

still crashes when I try to leave a lot. I don`t know what to do repairing my game doesn't work either.
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    Since toddlers came out I'm having a really bad time with my game. It always crashes when I travel so I'm stuck at home all the time. I deleted all my mods/cc and nothing changed. I also tried the trick
    Hello

still crashes when I try to leave a lot. I don`t know what to do repairing my game doesn't work either.

Hello @tuaportuguesa
    When you tried the new save game, did the game crash when the sims travelled?

Sometimes having a large amount of items in the sims inventories and household inventory can cause issues. Try removing some of the items from the inventories and see if that helps.
    Try also checking the inventories of other sims households in the game. Simmmers have been finding that the game has been placing items into their inventories when they are not playing the households.

Try also turning off origin in-game and see if that helps. To do that, go,to Game Library in Origin . Right click on The Sims 4 picture. Click on “Game Properties”. Then untick the box that enables origin in-game

Try playing in off line mode and see if that helps.

Lowering your graphics settings may also help your issues.
  • Options
    AmbieCuddlesAmbieCuddles Posts: 28 New Member
    i don't see anyone asking here and not able to post a new thread about it but it has to do with toddlers so I'm commenting here... ever since toddlers came out my sims cant take baths nor give baths to toddlers, I fixed my game no mods going tried different house holds everything I I have a family of vampires (just bought the download) and doing the 100 baby can someone help me? I have to cheat there needs when they get too dirty don't like doing that
  • Options
    i don't see anyone asking here and not able to post a new thread about it but it has to do with toddlers so I'm commenting here... ever since toddlers came out my sims cant take baths nor give baths to toddlers, I fixed my game no mods going tried different house holds everything I I have a family of vampires (just bought the download) and doing the 100 baby can someone help me? I have to cheat there needs when they get too dirty don't like doing that

Hello @AmbieCuddles
    There is an issue with baths when there is a baby and toddler in the same household. This link refers to the issue.
    http://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2017/01/cant-bath-toddler/
    The workaround is to have the baby far away from the bathroom such as outside in the garden, when bathing the toddler, or to age up the baby to become a toddler.
  • Options

Are the bath tubs and showers Custom Content? If they are, the coding was probably broken. I had this happen in my game. I had to switch to a Maxis made bath tub to give my toddlers a bath.

Also I had a sinking toddler: whenever my toddler took food and sat down on a CC sofa to eat, they would sink down into the sofa and then pop up again. It was amusing to watch, but I had to eventually switch to a Maxis made sofa .
  • Options
    Replacing the computer worked. I'm waiting for something to break to see if the replace/repair option shows up.

I gave up waiting for something to break in my house lot in my game.

I moved the household to another house lot. The kitchen sink sprung a leak there. I was able to replace the sink. So I know it isn't the Sim.

I still have the original house lot. I'm going to create a new Sim and have them use this house, to see if it continues to occur.

The original house was downloaded from the Gallery last summer. It also had cc in it. That plus all the updates probably messed something up in this house lot.
  • Options

I gave up waiting for something to break in my house lot in my game.

I moved the household to another house lot. The kitchen sink sprung a leak there. I was able to replace the sink. So I know it isn't the Sim.

I still have the original house lot. I'm going to create a new Sim and have them use this house, to see if it continues to occur.

The original house was downloaded from the Gallery last summer. It also had cc in it. That plus all the updates probably messed something up in this house lot.

Hello
    I hope that both the replace and repair options will come up next time that you test the issue.

If the issue remains, repairing the game may help. To do that, right click on the sims 4 picture in Origin and click repair.

If you still have issues, try saving the home to your library. Then bulldoze the lot. Then place the version of the build from your library onto the lot and see if that helps.
  • Options
    RetinaStormRetinaStorm Posts: 185 Member
    my sims arms started bending backwards when i sent them to the spa they are fine as soon as they get their hands done thats when arms start bending backwards i have a few mods and after removing and painstakingly putting them back one by one and checking the game it was one of my mods that was causing the problem which only started after toddlers, when they cook for the toddlers or even for themselves though a lot of the time the food sits on the counter and doesnt finish getting made i went to origin repaired game it was fine after that
  • Options
    TitaniumTitanium Posts: 4 New Member
    I have had some of those things happen plus my sims can't bathe their toddlers. They will put the toddler in the bath get ready to bathe them and then the action will cancel in their queue and the toddler wont get bathed. I have no cc and I was wondering if I'm the only person having this happen
  • Options
    crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    If you a baby in your household, make sure it's not on the same floor as the bathtub
    Titanium wrote: »
    I have had some of those things happen plus my sims can't bathe their toddlers. They will put the toddler in the bath get ready to bathe them and then the action will cancel in their queue and the toddler wont get bathed. I have no cc and I was wondering if I'm the only person having this happen

Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    Titanium wrote: »

Hello
    There is an issue when there is a baby and toddler in the one household. Other simmers are also having this issue. Crinrict has posted a helpful blog post about the issue.
    http://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2017/01/cant-bath-toddler/