Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Detective career broken?

Comments

• Options
    AdiikAdiik Posts: 39 Member
    Yes, it's broken for a while. Me and my friend get the same experience.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,579 Member
    @Adiik , this makes me quite sad. Like I said I thoroughly enjoyed playing that career, via my Sim. It far exceeds the medical career and the science career, too. Ho-hum. Perchance, EA will hear our pleas and come fix it?
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    AdiikAdiik Posts: 39 Member
    If you look to the patch notes, since Get Together came out there wasn't any big bug fixing update. Only like small fixes here and there. I just hope thread like this will help and they'll notice it.
  • Options
    relevanceirrerelevanceirre Posts: 4 New Member
    Bump :'( Incorrect description, arrested, then isn't showing up at the station.
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    edited May 2017
    Bump :'( Incorrect description, arrested, then isn't showing up at the station.

Hello.
    I am sorry that you have had these issues.
    Try having your sim leave work early, then when they go to work the next day, the suspect may then be there.
  • Options
    AndiratymeAndiratyme Posts: 728 Member
    Supposedly if you arrest them and go on patrol or go back to the crime scene and come back the suspect should eventually appear. You might have to do that multiple times though.
  • Options
    > @rosemow said:
    > relevanceirre wrote: »
    >
    > Bump :'( Incorrect description, arrested, then isn't showing up at the station.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello.
    > I am sorry that you have had these issues.
    > Try having your sim leave work early, then when they go to work the next day, the suspect may then be there.

> @Andiratyme said:
    > Supposedly if you arrest them and go on patrol or go back to the crime scene and come back the suspect should eventually appear. You might have to do that multiple times though.

I actually just solved it like 10 minutes after this post. So I tried the going home, and going back to work the next day (didn't work), so what ended up working for me was I memorized the name of the suspect, made friends with them outside of the job, and the next day after we had knowledge and friendship (no introductory options anymore), they appeared at the station.

Suspect did not match the description of who I needed to arrest at all... so I saved before I randomly arrested people. Had to issue APB's 3 times at different locations trying to figure out who was the common factor of all of them. At one point one of the sims was like "Uhh, isn't that the person over there?" where I arrested the sim, who turned out to be correct. But they did not go to the station with me. I restarted the game and went back to the same place, but now the sims kept leaving and would not let me speak to her.

Therefore I went back to the station, re-issued an APB and looked around for her everywhere. At one point, at the library, there was a book that was hovering around with no ghost. I asked one of the people if they had seen the suspect and he was like "Oh I saw a person like that over there!" Upon saving and restarting, the hovering book then revealed the sim that I needed. I then went to arrest, took me to the station, and she wasn't there. I restarted the game again to try to get back to that point, and then it was a different sim. (I tried to arrest that one to see if the game had auto generated a different criminal, but it did not). Upon several more restarts I just issued another APB...

That's when I just decided to see if I could make friends with the sim (my sim was a vamp so hard to meet them during the day. I tried to just invite them to the station before making friends but they wouldn't come since.. work is during the day). The next day, after a brief chat, she has now shown up.

In conclusion to the Criminal not showing up at the station after making the arrest: Finish your day, find the sim outside of work, make friends with them, and then they will show up the next day.

As for the APB description.. I tried not to use too many cheats, but I ended up saving before every arrest until one person didn't say it was unlawful. Haha...
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    > @rosemow said:
    >
    > Bump :'( Incorrect description, arrested, then isn't showing up at the station.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello.
    > I am sorry that you have had these issues.
    > Try having your sim leave work early, then when they go to work the next day, the suspect may then be there.

> @Andiratyme said:
    > Supposedly if you arrest them and go on patrol or go back to the crime scene and come back the suspect should eventually appear. You might have to do that multiple times though.

I actually just solved it like 10 minutes after this post. So I tried the going home, and going back to work the next day (didn't work), so what ended up working for me was I memorized the name of the suspect, made friends with them outside of the job, and the next day after we had knowledge and friendship (no introductory options anymore), they appeared at the station.

Suspect did not match the description of who I needed to arrest at all... so I saved before I randomly arrested people. Had to issue APB's 3 times at different locations trying to figure out who was the common factor of all of them. At one point one of the sims was like "Uhh, isn't that the person over there?" where I arrested the sim, who turned out to be correct. But they did not go to the station with me. I restarted the game and went back to the same place, but now the sims kept leaving and would not let me speak to her.

Therefore I went back to the station, re-issued an APB and looked around for her everywhere. At one point, at the library, there was a book that was hovering around with no ghost. I asked one of the people if they had seen the suspect and he was like "Oh I saw a person like that over there!" Upon saving and restarting, the hovering book then revealed the sim that I needed. I then went to arrest, took me to the station, and she wasn't there. I restarted the game again to try to get back to that point, and then it was a different sim. (I tried to arrest that one to see if the game had auto generated a different criminal, but it did not). Upon several more restarts I just issued another APB...

That's when I just decided to see if I could make friends with the sim (my sim was a vamp so hard to meet them during the day. I tried to just invite them to the station before making friends but they wouldn't come since.. work is during the day). The next day, after a brief chat, she has now shown up.

In conclusion to the Criminal not showing up at the station after making the arrest: Finish your day, find the sim outside of work, make friends with them, and then they will show up the next day.

As for the APB description.. I tried not to use too many cheats, but I ended up saving before every arrest until one person didn't say it was unlawful. Haha...

Hello @relevanceirre
    It is helpful to read the workarounds that you did to fix the issues. It is a great suggestion to make friends with the suspect outside of work hours! It will help other simmers who have the same issue.
  • Options
    Simsfan99111Simsfan99111 Posts: 1,260 Member
    edited May 2017
    I really hope the Gurus look into the issues with the detective career, there are so many of them now. I dont want the career to end up like the active careers in the sims 3 ambitions which were broken around the time island P came out and were never fixed (still broken to this day).
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    I want to do Detective Career but all this reported bugginess is putting me off. You shouldn't have to work around it - the bug plain shouldn't be there. The patchers need to fix it - it's the biggest part of being a Detective after all.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    > @rosemow said:
    >
    > > @rosemow said:
    > > relevanceirre wrote: »
    > >
    > > Bump :'( Incorrect description, arrested, then isn't showing up at the station.
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > Hello.
    > > I am sorry that you have had these issues.
    > > Try having your sim leave work early, then when they go to work the next day, the suspect may then be there.
    >
    > > @Andiratyme said:
    > > Supposedly if you arrest them and go on patrol or go back to the crime scene and come back the suspect should eventually appear. You might have to do that multiple times though.
    >
    >
    >
    > I actually just solved it like 10 minutes after this post. So I tried the going home, and going back to work the next day (didn't work), so what ended up working for me was I memorized the name of the suspect, made friends with them outside of the job, and the next day after we had knowledge and friendship (no introductory options anymore), they appeared at the station.
    >
    > Suspect did not match the description of who I needed to arrest at all... so I saved before I randomly arrested people. Had to issue APB's 3 times at different locations trying to figure out who was the common factor of all of them. At one point one of the sims was like "Uhh, isn't that the person over there?" where I arrested the sim, who turned out to be correct. But they did not go to the station with me. I restarted the game and went back to the same place, but now the sims kept leaving and would not let me speak to her.
    >
    > Therefore I went back to the station, re-issued an APB and looked around for her everywhere. At one point, at the library, there was a book that was hovering around with no ghost. I asked one of the people if they had seen the suspect and he was like "Oh I saw a person like that over there!" Upon saving and restarting, the hovering book then revealed the sim that I needed. I then went to arrest, took me to the station, and she wasn't there. I restarted the game again to try to get back to that point, and then it was a different sim. (I tried to arrest that one to see if the game had auto generated a different criminal, but it did not). Upon several more restarts I just issued another APB...
    >
    > That's when I just decided to see if I could make friends with the sim (my sim was a vamp so hard to meet them during the day. I tried to just invite them to the station before making friends but they wouldn't come since.. work is during the day). The next day, after a brief chat, she has now shown up.
    >
    > In conclusion to the Criminal not showing up at the station after making the arrest: Finish your day, find the sim outside of work, make friends with them, and then they will show up the next day.
    >
    > As for the APB description.. I tried not to use too many cheats, but I ended up saving before every arrest until one person didn't say it was unlawful. Haha...
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello @relevanceirre
    > It is helpful to read the workarounds that you did to fix the issues. It is a great suggestion to make friends with the suspect outside of work hours! It will help other simmers who have the same issue.

Haha I was hoping it wouldn't be too much of a spam to post it all. I lowkey enjoy just sitting on Twitch and helping random Simmers out with their needs. I'm planning on going through all of the careers so I'll be lurking the forums a bit more.
  • Options
    > @rosemow said:
    >
    > > @rosemow said:
    > > relevanceirre wrote: »
    > >
    > > Bump :'( Incorrect description, arrested, then isn't showing up at the station.
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > Hello.
    > > I am sorry that you have had these issues.
    > > Try having your sim leave work early, then when they go to work the next day, the suspect may then be there.
    >
    > > @Andiratyme said:
    > > Supposedly if you arrest them and go on patrol or go back to the crime scene and come back the suspect should eventually appear. You might have to do that multiple times though.
    >
    >
    >
    > I actually just solved it like 10 minutes after this post. So I tried the going home, and going back to work the next day (didn't work), so what ended up working for me was I memorized the name of the suspect, made friends with them outside of the job, and the next day after we had knowledge and friendship (no introductory options anymore), they appeared at the station.
    >
    > Suspect did not match the description of who I needed to arrest at all... so I saved before I randomly arrested people. Had to issue APB's 3 times at different locations trying to figure out who was the common factor of all of them. At one point one of the sims was like "Uhh, isn't that the person over there?" where I arrested the sim, who turned out to be correct. But they did not go to the station with me. I restarted the game and went back to the same place, but now the sims kept leaving and would not let me speak to her.
    >
    > Therefore I went back to the station, re-issued an APB and looked around for her everywhere. At one point, at the library, there was a book that was hovering around with no ghost. I asked one of the people if they had seen the suspect and he was like "Oh I saw a person like that over there!" Upon saving and restarting, the hovering book then revealed the sim that I needed. I then went to arrest, took me to the station, and she wasn't there. I restarted the game again to try to get back to that point, and then it was a different sim. (I tried to arrest that one to see if the game had auto generated a different criminal, but it did not). Upon several more restarts I just issued another APB...
    >
    > That's when I just decided to see if I could make friends with the sim (my sim was a vamp so hard to meet them during the day. I tried to just invite them to the station before making friends but they wouldn't come since.. work is during the day). The next day, after a brief chat, she has now shown up.
    >
    > In conclusion to the Criminal not showing up at the station after making the arrest: Finish your day, find the sim outside of work, make friends with them, and then they will show up the next day.
    >
    > As for the APB description.. I tried not to use too many cheats, but I ended up saving before every arrest until one person didn't say it was unlawful. Haha...
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello @relevanceirre
    > It is helpful to read the workarounds that you did to fix the issues. It is a great suggestion to make friends with the suspect outside of work hours! It will help other simmers who have the same issue.

Haha I was hoping it wouldn't be too much of a spam to post it all. I lowkey enjoy just sitting on Twitch and helping random Simmers out with their needs. I'm planning on going through all of the careers so I'll be lurking the forums a bit more.

It was helpful that you wrote each of the steps that you took :)
  • Options
    I have not tried the making friends route. The work around I posted I got from another site and it always works for me. I hate making friends with other sims so I'm gonna stick with going on patrol/visiting crime scene route. Plus I don't have to leave work for it to fix it. I rarely have the clues match the suspect, but that is easy enough to fix by just asking everyone and going with the one who they point to. I agree that after a year plus this should be fixed but it isn't.
  • Options
    Felicia_QueensFelicia_Queens Posts: 69 Member
    So far, really disappointed with Get To Work. Doctor career is full of useless co-workers, (but at least you can diagnose most patients) Detective suspects either aren't there or have the wrong traits as clues. As of now I'm just arresting people at random and then reloading if I'm wrong. I have six clues, and the civilians keep pointing in random directions, or don't even react when I Ask About Suspect.
  • Options
    Felicia_QueensFelicia_Queens Posts: 69 Member
    Well I cant edit yet so-I got the right one after reloading again, and, as has been mentioned before, the suspect was standing right next to me. He almost matched the clues, so, half right?
  • Options
    Sometimes the ones that don't answer are the suspect, but that seems to be the case only about 50% of the time. :( After over a year I sure wish they'd fix this.
  • Options
    duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    @Adiik , this makes me quite sad. Like I said I thoroughly enjoyed playing that career, via my Sim. It far exceeds the medical career and the science career, too. Ho-hum. Perchance, EA will hear our pleas and come fix it?

Agreed. Sadly, the Detective career, along with aliens, was the reason I bought GTW! First was the alien nerf (which thankfully Get Together fixed with alien nights) then the breaking of Detectives for nearly a year in my game with no single clue ever matching anyone no matter if I have cc or take it all out, no matter how many reloads or apb's issued... asking about suspect doesn't work as there is no sim who gives any info anymore. either they say they don't know the suspect or say nothing at all.
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • Options
    jms4006jms4006 Posts: 42 New Member
    Everytime my sims get a job in the detective or doctor career and they go to the active career they stay in there regular clothes and wont change into there career outfits. please help idk what to do :/
  • Options
    ohepiohepi Posts: 64 Member
    Sonia016 wrote: »
    Those clues were accurate, just Keep issue APBs, game will take u to different locations, I had to issue abt 6 APBs to catch the suspect and it matched, had my sim reached level 10 career, is a bit challenge for level 9 n 10.

I'm only a Corporal (level three) and it's sent me to the same place so many times I quit bothering to even look.
    ohepi: simming since age ten!
  • Options
    ohepiohepi Posts: 64 Member
    Detective career is a waste of time. I would do repeated loads & APBs for my first case's suspect; I quit after being unable to find the suspect after 6 reloads of the same day. Effectively, that was 6 days of game play wasted looking for someone who does not exist. The game fails to consider that NPCs will change clothing, which eliminates 2 sets of clues, or account for aging up. I never went after an APB, unless I could generate the clues and go after the APB on the same day - knowing that a day-old clue set is worthless. Furthermore, there is alot of others commenting about how so many "meets all clues" suspects are false arrests. For example (from my own gameplay), I had an insane teen with black hair wearing X & X (I had all 6 clues). So I scope out & arrest the only teen in the area that matched all six criteria ... FALSE ARREST! WHAT? Are there that many insane teens in this area?

Additionally, why can you keep discovering new clues when adding evidence to the Case Map, yet, only get a max of 6 for the APBs?

Assuming you can play past the massive amounts of bugs, you only get to do it again & again for 6 repetitive cases. There is no reason to advance, you do not get support from fellow officers, no ability to actually give orders, or even compare to the Scientist or Doctor careers.

I wonder that about the clues too. What is the point of being able to discover more than six clues?!
    ohepi: simming since age ten!
  • Options
    aldavoraldavor Posts: 1,387 Member
    I feel I have to comment on this, having just spent several days moving through the ranks to become chief of police.

Although conceptually excellent, this career (as with a lot of things in the game) has been poorly and terribly thought through in terms of planning, development and execution. There are so many things wrong with the gameplay, it's not even a joke anymore, and having been in programming and development myself for nearly 40 years, I'd have been headhunting and replacing a long time ago.

It seems they have neither the resource nor the wherewithal to be able to fix things that, to be honest, the modding community has figured out in a very short space of time. There are things completely awry with this particular career - not only major bugs, but gameplay itself and the logic behind it - that it's no longer fun to play once you've reached a certain level.

We're all aware of the major issues with finding and apprehending suspects - it's down to saving your game just before an imminent arrest and, if you get it wrong (which in many cases you do) then it's either take the performance hit or reload your saved game and trying again. Issuing several APB's and travelling to the crime scenes over and over to try and pick up what's supposed to be there in the first place gets very tedious very quickly.

As stated by previous posters, there is little if any interaction between work colleagues, and none that makes any difference in doing your own job. And once you reach the pinnacle of your career aspiration, what happens? As chief, you're supposed to deal with staff, the media, public relations, and keep on top of things (much like your predecessor when you were rising through the ranks) but no... you still have to search suspects, get mugshots and fingerprints, and go off finding case related information. Since when does a chief do that?

Like I said, very badly thought through, and it could (and should) have been so much better than this. But, although I enjoy playing the game itself for the setting of my own scenarios, much of the in-built content is useless and for that, I blame (what I believe to be) the lack of necessary skills (and probably motivation) held by the programmers and their project managers. I have very little faith in the EA developers responsible for this game's content, and honestly, when I buy EPs and GPs etc - anything with some interactive content - I know that a) there are guaranteed bugs, and b) also guaranteed there'll be no fixes anytime soon; I feel that they'd be lazy enough to just let the modders deal with the flak and go onto the next thing they can mess up.
    cat01.gif
    My Website: https://sims4.aldavor.net
    #keepitfree
  • Options
    JayandMeekaJayandMeeka Posts: 2,377 Member
    So this is what has worked for me:
    When I arrive to the lot after issuing an APB, I ask sims about the suspect around the lot. Eventually one will point directly to the suspect, and often times the suspect matches none of the descriptors. Then I arrest and bring them back to the station. Haven't had the issue of them not coming with me.. yet.
  • Options
    Simsfan99111Simsfan99111 Posts: 1,260 Member
    This career has been broken since way back in March maybe even longer then that.
  • Options
    Akane1313Akane1313 Posts: 2 New Member
    I'very been having this problem and I'm only two cases in. It's so frustrating. I'm told to find a YA male with blonde hair, a tank top, shorts and gloomy. To start, just about everyone is an elder, adult, or child. The couple young adult guys I did find didn't match anything else but I tried arresting them anyway and I was wrong. I talked to a bunch of adults and elders and not a single one was gloomy despite having other matching traits. Everyone I ask about the suspect points into empty space, the ocean, or at the children. I don't even know what to do and it's super disappointing because I was enjoying the game but it now feels like a chore, and a pointless one at that.
  • Options
    aldavoraldavor Posts: 1,387 Member
    This career has been broken since way back in March maybe even longer then that.

It's been bugged since day 1 of GTW release, and none of the issues have been addressed in any of the fixes or patches - not a single one.
    cat01.gif
    My Website: https://sims4.aldavor.net
    #keepitfree
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top