Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Which supernatural do you want to see next?

Comments

• Options
    DragonCat159DragonCat159 Posts: 1,896 Member
    All of them.
    NNpYlHF.jpg
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited February 2017
    MasonGamer wrote: »
    It's time for an upgrade Witches! (Pun in tended)
    It's time Witches got an upgrade to Sorcerers.
    Yes change the name from "Witch" to "Sorcerer" and a far more powerful spell caster.

As much as I want Sorcerers, I can't help but to think Werewolves is next. which next to Sorcerers is a major want for me.
    Even though Werewolves are complete opposites from Vampires. they're probably the most easiest to do since they could really benefit from the strengths and weakness system. They Just need to patch in Lunar Cycles. but one of my main concerns is Wolfsbane... They put it in vampires... but what about Werewolves?

On your post you mention Wolfsbane - querying why it is used in relation to Vampires - in the Sims, when in fact it has a history in ancient lore to be a protection ward against Vampires - actually considered stronger than garlic.( Several of the older Vampire novels included using a ward made of Wolfsbane to protect certain possible victims.) It is not anything to do with werewolves. All that said Wolfsbane is actually a real plant - that looks very much as the devs made it in game - and as an herbalist in real life it is on the list of plants people should not handle or use for any reason as it is extremely poisonous, in particular the root of the plant. It also has several other names - depends on what country or what ancient texts you hail from - Monkshood, leopard's bane, mousebane, women's bane, devil's helmet, Queen of all Poisons, or blue rocket (as well as a few other I can't recall off the top of my head. LOL. It belongs to the family Ranunculaceae and known in herbalistic practice as an Aconitum.

ETA - Just to add in many ancient cultures in various parts of the world Wolfsbane root was used in warfare, hunting, whaling - you name it. It was actually given that name Wolfsbane for the fact it was used to poison and kill wolves in many ancient villages. (Herbs with bane in their name indicates it is a poisonous herb).

Post edited by Writin_Reg on

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    I'd like to see a different take on witches. How about an updated "Makin' Magic", drawing on much of the content from the Sims 1 classic but updated for Sims 4 style. A general magic pack, where any Sim can study and develop magic, with different combinations of abilities learned (sort of like the powers tree we have in the vampire pack). An updated Magic Town destination world where magical supplies and ingredients could be purchased, where magic duels could be held, or even a return of some of the rides we had in Sims 1's Magic Town.

https://youtu.be/otb4vKfEBdU

Players who want the CASsets and objects but prefer a more "realistic" playstyle could simply not have their Sims study magic, and use Magic Town more like a carnival or amusement park world.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    SimTrippy wrote: »
    A magic school would be so awesome <3 But I agree it has to be only loosely based on HP, not cause I would mind (I love HP lol), but I know some people don't want witches that are too harry pottiry, so for them, I guess it'd be nice if it was different enough :) But magic school aaaall the way <3

The only thing I dislike about Harry Potter, correct me if Im wrong, is that female wizards are called witches. In actual witchcraft, Wizards and Witchs are completely different things. Males and females are actually both titled witchs.

I might be wrong, only seen 3 HP movies, always meant to watch more but they scared me as a kid (the scene with the troll in the bathroom)

Same thing happened in TS2:AL ~ witches classification for females, dudes were warlocks. In TS3, regardless of their gender, they were all had the same "witch" term.

ETA: changed the quote, because I quoted the wrong one, and P.S. - I read wizards as warlocks xD
    NNpYlHF.jpg
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    Witches!! I'm hoping for a "More Magic" GP that adds broomsticks, alchemy stations and a fortune teller career. As much as I like the vampires I think they would have belonged into a fully fleshed Supernatural EP.
  • Options
    pamy1124pamy1124 Posts: 525 Member
    First off, I want to start out by saying that if you don't care for supernatural play, then this thread isn't for you. Posting "I hope we don't get a supernatural" or "none" is considered off topic.

We now have Ghosts patched into the base game, Aliens with Get to Work, and arguably the best supernatural we've ever gotten, Vampires with sims 4 Vampires.

What supernatural would you like to see added next?

I want witchs next, in their own gamepack!

Witches too. They are my favorite life state and I'm hoping we get them next before any of the other life states. I need my witchy family with their cats and flying broom sticks.
    tumblr_mepseko5hO1r4j4oj.gif
  • Options
    pamy1124pamy1124 Posts: 525 Member
    kemisz wrote: »
    Witches. I loved witches in Sims 3 and I think witches or fairies would be awesome if they had a similar spec system as they do for vampires. I loved the little fairy houses and the game play we used to have with fairies - so I would definitely take one of those two!

I liked fairies too! Witches are my fave, but I think fairies would be second for me.
    tumblr_mepseko5hO1r4j4oj.gif
  • Options
    CocoapugsCocoapugs Posts: 70 Member
    I don't own vampires. They look great but I wouldn't play it enough to justify buying it.
    However, I agree with a lot of people on here...If I could choose, it would have to be WITCHES. I mean, how fun? I'd recreate Sabrina the teenage witch fo sho.
  • Options
    Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    A magic school would be so awesome <3 But I agree it has to be only loosely based on HP, not cause I would mind (I love HP lol), but I know some people don't want witches that are too harry pottiry, so for them, I guess it'd be nice if it was different enough :) But magic school aaaall the way <3

The only thing I dislike about Harry Potter, correct me if Im wrong, is that female wizards are called witches. In actual witchcraft, Wizards and Witchs are completely different things. Males and females are actually both titled witchs.

I might be wrong, only seen 3 HP movies, always meant to watch more but they scared me as a kid (the scene with the troll in the bathroom)

http://answers.google.com/answers/threadview?id=38123

I found this my best source and answers to all the magical beings that engage in spells etc to define their differences. As far as I can see no matter what the term - they can be male or female in most cases - but from my understanding a witch is someone who engages in using witchcraft - where as a Wizard is some one born with the ability to start with - as in the case of Harry Potter himself being born with being a magical being.

A Warlock can be male or female witch - but they engage in actual combat and are often considered evil or breaker of rules of the magic realm. Warlocks use blackmagic almost exclusively. Most of the magical beings actually shun Warlocks - as they never play by the rules.

Yep totaly! Its fine because Harry Potter is its own lore, but so many people think male witches are called wizards cause of it.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Options
    SinaSimSinaSim Posts: 64 Member
    Please, please, please let it be witches.

After that I would like mermaids (or sirens) then werewolves and fairies.
  • Options
    PintSizedPiratePintSizedPirate Posts: 105 Member
    If they did, in fact, make a pack for each Supernatrual creature, I'd want to see witches next, with lots of witchy items and clothing! Buuut, I think it'd be a huge hassle to do a pack for each one.
  • Options
    AuronoiChieftainAuronoiChieftain Posts: 362 Member
    If Simbots or Plumbots make a return, I'd at least would like an option to make more Humanoid or Android Robots, essentially robots that are virtually Identicle to Regular sims (but would have Obvious Robot Parts).
  • Options
    None of them.
  • Options
    Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    None of them.

I knew it was only a matter of time until the trolls came in.

The very first post says this thread is for supernatural fans and to please not post off topic saying none, please leave, bye Felicia!
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    How is "None" cosinder off-topic to you, OP? You basically asked people on what supernatural they wanna see (which is btw asking for their aka preference/opinion), and "none" is a pretty valid answer to your 'Which?' question.

Also, there is no reason to get mad over when someone gives an answer to that question :)@Loudon_Wainwright gave his answer, but he didn't dismiss the idea of which this thread brough up - supernaturals. There's a difference between those two. And even if isn't your favourite answer, you still have no right to tell people what comment or not, regarding negative opinion/taste/preference (excluding those that try to shove it to change your own one). That makes you... (not the word I was looking for, but...) disrespectful.

ETA: rephrased my whole rant in this post with better wording.
    NNpYlHF.jpg
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    Well you see, DragonCat, you've just gone completely off-topic, not discussing Supernatruals at all and just getting all righteous on the one small courtesy asked of posters in this thread, because a one-word-post is about as useful as a sack full of plum. Congrats, hypocrite.

Anyway, I never played Sims 3. But I've always preferred Werewolves over vampires. So I'd love to see how they look in Sims 4. All supers will probably have strengths and weaknesses.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    Loanet wrote: »
    Well you see, DragonCat, you've just gone completely off-topic, not discussing Supernatruals at all and just getting all righteous on the one small courtesy asked of posters in this thread, because a one-word-post is about as useful as a sack full of plum. Congrats, hypocrite.

Anyway, I never played Sims 3. But I've always preferred Werewolves over vampires. So I'd love to see how they look in Sims 4. All supers will probably have strengths and weaknesses.

Ah, but I did discussed in it... ;) *flashback......
    All of them.

NNpYlHF.jpg
  • Options
    lulubadwolflulubadwolf Posts: 630 Member
    Witches (of all kind: elemental, harry potter like, medieval like and so. With Vampire we have the ability to do lots of kind of vampire, it would be great if they do the same for witches), Werewolf and fairies are the one i absolutely want.
    Then, i would love mermaid, robot and elves.
    About Plantsims, i'm a bit torn. I loved them on TH2, but when they came back on TH3 i end up hating them (they can't become pregnant, and without cheat it was hard to have the two parents on the family tree because of the forbidden fruit seed popping into the sims inventory, and other stuff) Same for the zombie, i love all the myth around them, the voodoo zombie, and even the walking dead kind of zombie but on TH3 they were mostly here just to ruins your garden, nope --' If these two are done very well, like the vampire have been, i'll be glad to welcome them back, if they are the same as they were on TH3, i will avoid them.
  • Options
    kinot9229kinot9229 Posts: 528 Member
    I really want to see mermaids in the game.
    But it may be difficult because our sims haven't got the ability of swimming in the natural water yet.
  • Options
    simgamesimgame Posts: 538 Member
    Werewolves!!
  • Options
    Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    I want fairies, but for once I don't want that much freedom in CAS. I want matching outfits to go with their wings.

I also want witches and they are probably more likely to appear before fairies, because they are pretty popular and they can have a whole GP with no problems. Alchemy skill, flying brooms, spell books, the element thing @blugar44 said is actually a great idea.

And since I'm extremely girly I also want mermaids back, but I think we will have to wait a while cause of all the water limitations and I don't even know if they can solve that.

I'm also wondering why do people like pant sims so much?
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    AndygalAndygal Posts: 1,280 Member
    I want witches, I love them so much and with a system similar to the vampires where you could select different spells to learn rather than having all witches know the same spells they'd be even cooler.
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    Orchid13 wrote: »
    I want fairies, but for once I don't want that much freedom in CAS. I want matching outfits to go with their wings.

I also want witches and they are probably more likely to appear before fairies, because they are pretty popular and they can have a whole GP with no problems. Alchemy skill, flying brooms, spell books, the element thing @blugar44 said is actually a great idea.

And since I'm extremely girly I also want mermaids back, but I think we will have to wait a while cause of all the water limitations and I don't even know if they can solve that.

Well, all they'd need is make a world where you can swim in the water from the get go. The main limitation is that they're most likely not going to change the water areas in the existing worlds (because that would be too difficult). But nothing prevents them from creating a world with a beach area, and there'd be no problem for mermaids (or any other sims) swimming in the water (which is probably what they would've done for mermaids anyway, as I guess they'd most likely be included in a tropical pack of sorts .. but we'll see about that xD)
  • Options
    Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member

Well, all they'd need is make a world where you can swim in the water from the get go. The main limitation is that they're most likely not going to change the water areas in the existing worlds (because that would be too difficult). But nothing prevents them from creating a world with a beach area, and there'd be no problem for mermaids (or any other sims) swimming in the water (which is probably what they would've done for mermaids anyway, as I guess they'd most likely be included in a tropical pack of sorts .. but we'll see about that xD)

I would be very happy with something like island paradise. But how would mermaid sims work? Would they be attached to one world only?
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member

I would be very happy with something like island paradise. But how would mermaid sims work? Would they be attached to one world only?

Honestly I never played with mermaids so I'm the wrong person to ask :D Idk, I was assuming they have a human form & can live pretty much anywhere, but that the only real beach to swim in would be in isla paradiso two lol. Although, they could perhaps give us the tools to make really natural-looking huge water areas but #whoamIkidding ;) But yeah, probably didn't think the mermaid thing through as they're really not my thing, but I did want to point out that water / oceans in new worlds could definitely be swimmable :) Me wantz witchez.