Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What instrument would you like to see added next?

Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
edited January 2017 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
We just got a brand new instrument introduced to the sims series, the Organ! So what would you like to see added next?

Personally I would like to see another instrument never in the sims series before, I'd love to see a flute! I think it would be so pretty, one of the songs definitely has to be Greensleeves.

Ok so I looked up Greensleeves on the flute to post here, and It's a mixture of harp so now I want the harp added too LOL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vNtVN_B7U78

e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png

Comments

• Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Drums
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,602 Member
    Yeah, drums would be rad and bass guitar. :)
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    Pirate_QueenPirate_Queen Posts: 83 Member
    Drums definitely. I'm crossing my fingers we'll eventually get the ability to make bands. Missing my teenage and college wannabe rockstars.
  • Options
    jus1nickiejus1nickie Posts: 360 Member
    Trumpet or drums. I really want to create bands
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,406 Member
    Bass and drums is what I had in mind. More are welcome. Flute would be nice and a smaller drum you can carry with you :smile:
  • Options
    3KNPen3KNPen Posts: 2,825 Member
    Drums are definitely a must.

It's a bit strange but I'd love to see a harp or lyre in the game. It would be lovely to have for weddings and for rich families.
    ~ ~ ~
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    Drums and Sax. There was a sax player in Sims 1 - down in old town and every since then I have wished for a sax in the game. I thought surely there would be one in the Sims 4 what with Willow Creek the base game world and very New Orleans. We get the jazz clubs but no SAX? What's up with that I wonder. LOL.

But yeah - drums and a Sax are my picks. Love both.

I am liking the pipe organ too in the Vamp gp.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    AfterMidnightAfterMidnight Posts: 1,020 Member
    A saxophone, harp, trumpet, drums, and a flute. I just want a lot of instruments for my sims to play tbh.
  • Options
    ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    An ingame sequencer where we can mix our own stuff.
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
  • Options
    TheBristolSimmerTheBristolSimmer Posts: 705 Member
    Upright wooden piano. No organ pipes, no electric.
    The Bristol Simmer||Find my builds and legacy updates on the gallery! Have a happy day!

68OUgVc.jpg
  • Options
    Uzone27Uzone27 Posts: 2,808 Member

*How would that even work? A Mini Daw inside the game? Who's doing the sequencing? us or the Sims?

OP...I'd be good with what we had in TS3 if they could actually make it work this time. (and I suspect with the club system they could actually knock it out of the park this time round.)
  • Options
    LinamintsLinamints Posts: 952 Member
    edited January 2017
    A flute, harp, theremin seriously, we need one). Also an Erhu and a hurdy gurdy.
    "Parenting is just like gardening, except if you let your garden die you don't go to prison." - Anna Blast
  • Options
    Uzone27 wrote: »

*How would that even work? A Mini Daw inside the game? Who's doing the sequencing? us or the Sims?

OP...I'd be good with what we had in TS3 if they could actually make it work this time. (and I suspect with the club system they could actually knock it out of the park this time round.)

I wasn't thinking of anything as detailed as that. Something that you could choose the layers from some presets perhaps. The sims doing it is kinda simulated already when a sim writes DJ mixes, so I was thinking it would be nice to have rudimentary functions for us players, maybe using a rhythm game type UI.
    Awake.
    The day's divinity....
  • Options
    aaronrulzaaronrulz Posts: 4,098 Member
    I have visions of a Tuba! And when the sims skill is still on the low side, that when they pick the big tuba up they just fall over. haha.
  • Options
    Uzone27Uzone27 Posts: 2,808 Member

I wasn't thinking of anything as detailed as that. Something that you could choose the layers from some presets perhaps. The sims doing it is kinda simulated already when a sim writes DJ mixes, so I was thinking it would be nice to have rudimentary functions for us players, maybe using a rhythm game type UI.

Interesting...
    I still don't think I see the whole picture...but anything the Sims do related to music I'm down for...
    I'd love to see huge mixing console objects in the game, baffling for the walls. Platinum record wall hangings an old style reel to reel decorative object and if you zoom in close to the computer screen you can see the Sim is operating a DAW
    Basically a music producer GP would be sweet, I'd buy it in a heartbeat.
  • Options

Interesting...
    I still don't think I see the whole picture...but anything the Sims do related to music I'm down for...
    I'd love to see huge mixing console objects in the game, baffling for the walls. Platinum record wall hangings an old style reel to reel decorative object and if you zoom in close to the computer screen you can see the Sim is operating a DAW
    Basically a music producer GP would be sweet, I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

I would be all over that myself! And an old school record store. Walls lathered in posters, lines of racks, listening booth (potential woohoo location?), etc

I saw something the other day, some software, that basically allowed non musicians to bang out half decent tunes within a few minutes and I am plummed if I can find it :/

But yeah, more music stuff, lots more music stuff and when they think that's enough - give us more :)
    Awake.
    The day's divinity....
  • Options
    feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    I like all the ideas, any of them would make me happy.
    Thank you for Greensleeves, Its my most favourite piece of music.
  • Options
    Melbana9Melbana9 Posts: 262 Member
    i would like drums ,saxophone, panflute,etc :)
  • Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    edited January 2017

A proper band including singers as an option and the option to sing when playing all of those instruments

Drums are a must
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options
    edited January 2017
    marcel21 wrote: »
    A proper band including singers as an option and the option to sing when playing all of those instruments

Drums are a must

Drums, definitely drums

giphy.gif
    Awake.
    The day's divinity....
  • Options
    BlueOvaleBlueOvale Posts: 740 Member
    Hand drums. I like their sound better.
  • Options
    ernesdoernesdo Posts: 1,476 Member
    I was just about to say flute! I played one in middle school, so it'd be neat for my sims to do so... Maybe also the clarinet and trumpet?
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Drums! Not just a drum kit but also something for a drum circle.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    Louise_G0325Louise_G0325 Posts: 1,040 Member
    I'd like a wind instrument like a jazzy clarinet, a flute or a pan flute (maybe with a witches and fairies pack? :wink: )
    Drums would also be cool but I'd want it to be in a pack that adds bands. In that case, we would need bass guitars, cellos, saxophones etc. too.
  • Options
    NotLoudonWainwrightNotLoudonWainwright Posts: 863 Member
    Bass and drums are all that's needed.