Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How would you feel if they released skating in a stuffpack?

Comments

• Options
    bizuktagbizuktag Posts: 552 Member
    I'd be interested if it was roller skating, only because I have a set of sims I imagine as part of a roller derby team. Those girls need their skates!
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    I dunno. It's nice to get new activities but is kinda slurps to have them sold piecemeal. Pay £10 for bowling, £10 for skating, £10 for football, £10 for knitting... well, you get the idea. Not too appealing, I must say.

I agree with this. I can accept bowling, and I think if done well it could be nice. But if they're gonna add plenty of hobbies like that, I'd much rather get one big hobby GP dedicated to that kind of gameplay. I've got no issues with the vampire GP for example, and I'd love a witches GP, but there has to be a limit as to how much you can cut things up into smaller parts as well.
  • Options
    doedeardoedear Posts: 303 Member
    sounds like something that should be added to a seasons ep
  • Options
    rinre33rinre33 Posts: 697 Member
    I would actually love skateboarding for teens! Imagine if they could learn tricks when their skills improved. It would be a fun varied activity from what we have now
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,406 Member
    I'm not super interested, but then I get a feeling that it might come with CAS and build/buy items that interest me, so I might just buy it afterall.
  • Options
    TriplisTriplis Posts: 3,048 Member
    I know you said skating as in roller skating, but I think I'd love to see skateboarding, especially if you could choose to move around that way, rather than walking or jogging.
    Mods moved from MTS, now hosted at: https://triplis.github.io
  • Options
    AvianatorAvianator Posts: 188 Member
    Skateboards and rollerblades? I would instantly buy it.
  • Options
    Simsfan99111Simsfan99111 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Id be ok with it, wouldn't mind at all.
  • Options
    Simfan923Simfan923 Posts: 5,551 Member
    Maybe if it were included in like a hobbies pack or something. I just don't see myself paying $10 for skating. I'm still debating on the bowling stuff pack.
    1FKDfKj.png
  • Options
    PoKiTauru5PoKiTauru5 Posts: 105 Member
    Skateboards would be so cool for a teen oriented pack

Skate rings on the other hand...Don't really care about that.
  • Options
    HarlowandMeHarlowandMe Posts: 231 Member
    I would totally buy it:)) I hope they make all kinds of packs for all hobbies,
  • Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    absurd, i don't want a stuff pack for each activities...
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    absurd, i don't want a stuff pack for each activities...

Yes but skating is one of those ativities that needs it's own sp.
  • Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    @catloverplayer do you want pay for just skating? Why? In the sims 3 it was with seasons, so we don't need a stuff for this activitie.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    DeservedCriticismDeservedCriticism Posts: 2,251 Member
    Sick of stuff packs on principle, sick of them taking features I'd usually expect from EPs. Wouldn't buy.
    "Who are you, that do not know your history?"
  • Options
    ImmortalHD1ImmortalHD1 Posts: 2 New Member
    I like your idea about skating, but I agree with other people that it would kinda be a ripoff for just skateboarding unless they charged like $0.99. What I'm thinking a good idea would be is to add a bunch of things like skateboarding, scooters, bicycles, Surfing, jetskis, parachuting? And more of that kind of stuff in one pack, then that would be a really good idea.
  • Options
    CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    I'd be happy to get more activities in stuff packs. I'd buy one featuring ice skating and roller skating. I'd like stuff like tennis and soccer too.

I'd also be happy to get ice skating in something like a snowy mountain resort pack as well.
  • Options
    CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    rinre33 wrote: »
    I would actually love skateboarding for teens! Imagine if they could learn tricks when their skills improved. It would be a fun varied activity from what we have now

I'd love skateboarding as well.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    @catloverplayer do you want pay for just skating? Why? In the sims 3 it was with seasons, so we don't need a stuff for this activitie.

Yes I do. I don't want to wait till Seasons comes out to enjoy skating and skating rinks. I want it now. With Seasons we could still get the ice skating rinks.
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    I'd love skateboarding in a stuff pack (not as interested in ice skating or roller skating). I don't care about stuff being sold piecemeal if it is done well. If something like this has an entire stuff pack built around it they can go more in-depth so that can be good.

Yeah, I'm a bit drowsy, so I thought of skateboarding at first. A skateboarding SP would be amazing, and not to mention new to the franchise. And it gives our sims a new physical skill that the physically gifted trait can govern.

Ice and roller skating would be nice too, but I'd feel better if they were part of an EP instead. I get that lots of SPs have just one major gameplay item, but I think it's hard to build a theme around skating (with respect to CAS and build items), unless maybe they broadened the scope of the SP.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    HugoBeeHugoBee Posts: 36 Member
    The CAS for this stuff pack would be EPIC! Like Adidas style clothing. Long shirts, caps and ripped skinny jeans...... gosh damm I love long shirts! And longer/messier boys haircuts! This pack would be a dream come true!
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,342 Member
    I'd love it, but only if my sims could freely tour the neighborhood with their skateboards and rollerblades. That would be worth the price for me, even if nothing else were in the pack.

A skating rink, hm, not so much. I already have that in Sims 2. I guess it would depend on what CAS and buy mode items were included and what other games the pack had to compete with when it releases.
  • Options
    ParaleeParalee Posts: 1,166 Member
    A roller rink would be cool. Could build a nice place with a roller rink and a bowling alley. Maybe add a roller-derby sport because thats getting popular now
    My speculations on hints for future content:
    -Cars Update
    -Spiral/Diagonal Stairs Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Romance Pack (possibly combined with Hotel Pack)
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    bizuktag wrote: »
    I'd be interested if it was roller skating, only because I have a set of sims I imagine as part of a roller derby team. Those girls need their skates!

How about if it was roller skating, then if/when Seasons arrived there was the option to change it to ice skating? Or if you put it indoors, you could select either roller or ice skating?
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    I like your idea about skating, but I agree with other people that it would kinda be a ripoff for just skateboarding unless they charged like $0.99. What I'm thinking a good idea would be is to add a bunch of things like skateboarding, scooters, bicycles, Surfing, jetskis, parachuting? And more of that kind of stuff in one pack, then that would be a really good idea.

What I'm thinking with skateboarding is that we'd get a premade skateboard lot plus the pieces to make our own skate park (ramps, halfpipes, etc.), skateboards, skate outfits plus accessories (knee/elbow pads, helmets, etc.), decor (posters), furniture (benches, etc.) a Skating Skill with new tricks/abilities unlocked as you improve. When you think about the programming involved with the interactions, skills etc. all that would probably be worth the $10 price.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)