Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Vampire's Slaves Challenge

nastyjmannastyjman Posts: 1,218 Member
VAMPIRE'S SLAVES CHALLENGE

OVERVIEW
After a century’s rest, you awake without a mansion. You’re certain you had a mansion because you had instructed your slave, Vlad, to tend the gardens, dust the furniture and pay the mortgage.

You find out that Vlad has stolen from you, stolen your whole mansion to be exact! How? Who knows, it must be some technology beyond your comprehension.

Time has weakened you, and Vlad has become a stronger vampire. You must get revenge, and the best revenge is one-upping that vile Vlad.

You will rebuild your mansion--and it will be better!--on the backs of new and tasty slaves.

NEW GAME SETUP
For the fun of the challenge, it is essential to follow these setup:
  • Vampire Pack Required.
  • Age Played Household: Active Household Only
  • Age Unplayed Household: Uncheck
  • Lifespan: Short.
  • Create only one (1) Vampire sim.
  • Must set the Vampire as “Cannot Get Pregnant.”
  • Occupy Fledermaus Bend in Forgotten Hollow.

GOAL
There is one goal, and one goal only: HUMILIATE VLAD!

To do this, you must complete the Mansion Baron aspiration. Your vampire or your slaves can complete it.

GENERAL RULES
No cheats are allowed unless specified by the rules. Aesthetic mods are allowed, but no mods that would give you an unfair advantage.

At any time in the challenge, you can change your vampire and your slaves’ aspirations.

You cannot hire any professional services (gardeners, cooks, butlers, etc.). Any services that are acquired through the phone or special interactions is forbidden.

You cannot have more than 20,000 simoleons in reserves. If you have more than that, you must spend it by purchasing furniture and fixtures.

THE VAMPIRE
There can only be one (1) Vampire in the household. You cannot add or move in other vampires, and you cannot turn your slaves into vampires.

Since they see themselves as royalty and cannot be bothered with working, the Vampire cannot make money. Any action or interaction that would generate money by them is strictly forbidden.

If money is gained accidentally, you must deduct the gain by using testingcheats on and sims.modify_funds -x where “x” is the amount gained.

The only exception to money making is music. Your vampire can contribute to the estate by “Licensing Songs” and playing for tips. Vampires are vain, and they love attention. Plus, it draws in potential slaves and meals.

And speaking of meals, you vampire can only drink plasma from sims. They cannot drink Plasma Packs or eat Plasma Fruit.

Gardening is forbidden because it gets their hands dirty.

THE SLAVES
The ripe age for slaves are Young Adults and Adults. The estate can only retain seven (7) slaves.

Your vampire must “Ask to Move In” any prospective slaves. They cannot be added through Manage Household. If money is brought in from the move, the gain must be deducted by using testingcheats on and sims.modify_funds -x where “x” is the amount gained.

If a prospective plasma meatbag (aka slave) has other household members, you cannot move those other members.

Also, if a prospective sanguinary snack (aka slave) has dependents (baby, toddler, child and/or teen) that prevents the move, you must age those dependents up to Young Adults to complete the move. To do this, you can use cas.fulleditmode cheat.

Once moved in, they have sworn the Blood Oath! They must now generate money for your Vampire. But your slaves cannot have a job or career. It is best to keep them in a tight leash. If your slave came in with a job or career, have them quit immediately. Since they cannot have jobs or careers, you can use the cheat bb.ignoregameplayunlocksentitlement to purchase special furniture and fixtures.

Your slaves are playthings to your Vampire. So have fun.

Although your slave will be enraptured to be in the midst of a handsome immortal, they cannot “Ask to Move In” other sims. They cannot enact the Blood Oath, thus the task of moving in prospective slaves is best left to the Vampire.

BLOOD OATH
Since your slaves have sworn a Blood Oath, they cannot leave your estate. Ever! Forever and ever!

They cannot be moved out via Household Management. The only way to get rid of them is by disposing them through cruel means (walling in or drowning) or through mercy (emotional death through Control Emotion vampire powers).

The only exception to the Blood Oath are pregnant slaves, babies, toddlers and children. Those are allowed to "Move Out" via Household Management.

The Blood Oath accelerates decay in the household, so it doesn’t make sense to age them up with cake. You know what? No cake. No cake even for birthdays.

If a slave ages into Elder, you must dispose of them immediately. They cannot work anymore or contribute to your income. To dispose of them, you can use barbaric methods (walling in or drowning) or humane methods (emotional death through Control Emotion vampire powers).

Tombstones and urns must be kept in the estate. The spirit it contains cannot be “Released to the Netherworld.” The ghosts that will haunt your estate are to be tolerated and sometimes welcomed, but they cannot be added back to your household.

REPOPULATION
As the challenge progresses, you will notice that the selection of prospective meals will thin out. You can repopulate the world by creating new sims or downloading them from The Gallery.

You must randomize two (2) traits for these new sims before adding them to the world. Use this website for randomizing: http://createarandomsim.com/adult. You are allowed to pick one (1) trait of your choosing.

With these newly added sims, you cannot level their skills to give them a headstart. Also, for downloaded sims, you cannot use them if they have skills that are leveled up. Skills that are increased by their own volition and autonomy is allowed.

Aging up sims in the world is allowed through cas.fulleditmode cheat, but you cannot age them down.

MAGICK POTIONS
The Blood Oath has magick powers inherent in them. Aspiring to be better and raising the estate somehow draws dark magick. To make use of this arcane, macabre and demonic magick, go to the Aspiration panel and click Rewards Store.

Your vampire and their slaves can purchase any traits and potions except for Potions of Youth. This potion is strictly forbidden since it’s light magick (and it tastes bad).

Slaves cannot share potions to one another, but the vampire can share potions to their slaves.

Another source of dark magick is the majestic and beautiful Cowplant. The drinks produced from this plant is allowed, but Essence of Life is forbidden (light magick and stuff).

HANDICAPS
Think this is too easy? Here are some handicaps to challenge you even more. You can use one, a combination or all! Think of them as "traits" for this challenge.
  • PICKY EATER: Only target one gender.
  • BETTER WITH AGE: Only target Adult sims. No Young Adults.
  • I <3 YOU: Can only "Ask to Move In" sims with Boyfriend/Girlfriend relationship status.
  • EAT LOCAL. Can only drink from slaves.
  • NO REWARDS: Vampire and slaves cannot purchase potions or rewards traits.
  • CRUEL SLAVEMASTER: Slave’s bedroom, kitchen and bathroom should have the cheapest furnitures and fixtures.
  • NO REST FOR THE WICKED: Vampire cannot Hibernate.
  • POWERLESS: All vampire powers are forbidden except for Control Emotions and Deprive Needs.
  • DIVISION OF LABOR: Only one (1) sim per money making activity. Suggestion:
    • (1) Painter
    • (1) Sculptor/Woodworker
    • (1) Gardener
    • (1) Fisher
    • (1) Writer
    • (1) Collector
    • (1) Wildcard, any other activities that can generate money. Cannot be the activities stated above.

SCORING
I have met the sim who invented golf once. He tasted like lemonade.

Anyway, scoring for this is like golf: the lower the number, the better the score.
  • (# of days as a Vampire) is the main score.
  • (-1 point) for every “Sims Drank From.” Can be found in Simology Stats.
  • (-2 point) for every tombstone/urn in your household.
  • (-5 points) for one Handicap used from the start of the challenge.
  • (-15 points) for two Handicaps used from the start of the challenge.
  • (-40 points for three Handicaps used from the start of the challenge.
  • (+1 point) for every Uncomfortable emotion on your vampire.
  • (+3 points) for each level gained after 1 in Handiness on your vampire.
  • (+3 points) for each level gained after 1 in Gardening on your vampire.

Q&A
Q: Do I really have to kill them?
A: If killing sims is too cruel, then you can use Household Management to move out sims past their prime. However, you must delete that sim from the world.

Q: Can my vampire cook for my slaves?
A: Yes. It’s not explicitly stated in the rules, so it is allowed.

Q: This challenge is evil. Why make such a thing?
A: There are few challenges that are dark. I wanted to create a challenge that adds to those types of challenge. A little deviance doesn’t hurt, and sims are virtual people anyway. In the end, it’s all pretend.

CREDITS
- Inspired by The Room Challenge by @katoregama
- Inspired by The Amazon Challenge by @lovejess2 (Original creator Isaria (mod the sims))
TLC_banner_2021_downscale.png
Post edited by nastyjman on

Comments

• Options
    edited February 2017
    Letters From Fledermaus Bend

What you are about to read are entries from the detestable Blood Countess. This was found after the Great Torching of the Fledermaus Bend estate, underneath rubble and detritus. Along with this diary are remains of what had been her prisoners.

Some of the entries are not for the faint of heart.

- Detective Wright
  • Options
    Updated rules. Giving option to let old age take care of Elder Prey. Also added condition that Prey cannot be moved out by Manage Household.
  • Options
    LOL. Testing this challenge now. Apparently the cobwebs count as paintings... :|
  • Options
    edited January 2017

Fledermaus Bend

Dear Diary,

I have enticed a young male into my lair. Rather inconvenient, to tell you the truth. The human needed sustenance, and the devices he required did not match with my decor. Unfortunately, my fortune had faded, thanks to that wretched vampire who I will not name. Because of my lack of funds, I couldn't sequester my new slave underneath my mausoleum, where all slaves are rightfully placed.

Nevertheless, I will feast tonight. This young blood, so sweet. He amuses me. He paints things for me, which are immediately sold. The face he made when I showed no appreciation of his so called "art."

- The Countess

sYVwL3O.jpg
    iWWhN5m.jpg
  • Options
    Made some changes on the rules. One significant change is how to quench thirst. Your vampire cannot drink Plasma Packs or eat Plasma Fruits.
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    Rules changed drastically!

The Mansion Baron aspiration can be set to slaves as well. Since the aspiration is dependent on the lot value, it doesn't matter which sim completes it. This also opens up options for your slave to muck about in the rewards store. But they cannot purchase youth potions to extend their lives (they're slaves, not Highlander).

I changed the "Age Unplayed Household" to "Uncheck." This will make sure that your potential slaves won't age up to Adult and then to Elder. Who wants a buffet full of old and tasteless entrees?

Pregnant slaves are the only one who can be moved out via Manage Household. Your vampire is evil, but not that evil!

That's it for now. I'm still in Level 1 of the Mansion Baron aspiration. Currently one slave in The Countess' lair. A pretty little thing to look at. Not sure if she'll cavort with him wink wink nudge nudge.
  • Options
    Changed the name from "The Vampire's Lair Challenge" to "Vampire Mansion Challenge."

Also added that your vampire cannot have a baby. (I mean, come on, they're undead. It must be arid as the Sahara down there.)
  • Options
    edited January 2017

Fledermaus Bend

Dear Diary,

Last night, I had ventured off to Windenburg, looking for chattel. I had invited myself in at the Villareal residence, and they had accepted me as if I were a long lost cousin of theirs. Silly sims. They did not question my motives, especially when I knocked on their door around three o'clock in the early morning. Makes me question as to why they were awake at that time.

Nevertheless, I had set my sights on a young prey. I have lured him into my lair, but have not forced him to serve me.

Unfortunately, he's ugly. This will be a hard decision.

Tah.

- The Countess

x6XZjaj.jpg
  • Options
    Well, the Countess tried to entice the young Hugo, but it appears you can't "Ask to Move In" teens.
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    > 1/26/2017
    > 7:24 PM, Bob: I just met someone weird.
    > 7:24 PM, Eliza: Who are you talking to? Where are you?
    > 7:38 PM, Bob: She looked like a statue and thre were cracks on her face. 
    > 7:38 PM, Bob: Also there was something wrong with her eyes. She needs to get them checked.
    > 7:38 PM, Eliza: Bob! I demand to know where you are right now!
    > 8:12 PM, Bob: gtg. I have to cook up some more curry.
    > 8:12 PM, Eliza: Since when did you start working at the Spice Festival?

xYhVU94.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2017

YuGrPIp.jpg
    We still get health insurance, right?
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    Rules changed.

Added condition where your vampire can't garden. It is not that they can't; they just refuse to do so.

Added clarification on prospective slaves with dependents. Any dependents must be aged up so they can survive on their own. Also, you can only move in the sim you had asked to move in.

Also added a story on the overview section.
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    After two nights of testing, I am having a deviant blast! >:) The one that broke me was Bob Pancakes being mean to my other slave. I had my game with Autonomy On, so the random interaction caught me off guard. The initial caption that popped in my head was "are we stuck here forever?!"

However, I'm noticing that I put my vampire under Hibernation more often to freeze her needs while the slaves do all the work. There is not much activity she can do because of the restrictions I had placed on her. She does all her vampiric stuff, and the weakness adds variety to it. She does play the violin for her slaves (probably as an insult).

The weekend should give me a lot of data to work with. Hopefully it will establish the rules. At the end of the week, I will change these ugly bullet-points into readable paragraphs.
  • Options
    Thinking of switching the starter lot to a 50x50 lot. This will add an element of conflict since the lot is more expensive and the days are longer in those lots.

Also, lore wise, your vampire is angry at Vlad, so it makes sense that they rebuild their mansion somewhere else.
  • Options
    The scoring section has been updated. I've added penalties and bonuses on it.

Hibernation seems OP since it freezes your vampire's needs. So it will be an incentive for the player to constantly drink from their slaves.
  • Options
    edited January 2017

Fledermaus Bend

Dear Diary,

My estate slowly grows, yet not at a satisfying pace. For now, I am content with my lair and comfortable with the coolness of the underground. The slaves will take quarters above ground. I do not chain them or hold them captive. I believe giving them freedom is crucial in building my mansion.

But freedom is an illusion.

They cannot leave my estate because I had hypnotized them to come back. To always come back. A slave named Bob had left his wife. The wife grows suspicious. I let Bob go to his wife now and then, just to keep her from coming after me. If the wife should ask about his whereabouts, he will simply say that he's at work. That is not a lie.

The slaves will wither, like they always do. The slave named Sergio will age soon. It is the unpleasant effects of my vampiric charm. They have become ghouls, and they are not aware of its fatal effects. It is best to keep it that way. No matter, they are easily replaceable in the end.

- The Countess

P.S. I have gone through the public records and found that Vlad's estate is valued at 170,000 simoleons. Pitiful. I will embarrass him by building my mansion twice that much.

NzHyKH0.jpg
    1mjQTwx.png
  • Options
    Took out the rule that gives you the option to kill an elder sim slave.

It doesn't make sense to dispose them when they have leveled up skills that could still contribute to your income. Also, they age up fast anyway, so their death is inevitable.
  • Options
    EuphorialQueenEuphorialQueen Posts: 6,224 Member
    nastyjman wrote: »
    P.S. I have gone through the public records and found that Vlad's estate is valued at 170,000 simoleons. Pitiful. I will embarrass him by building my mansion twice that much.
    Bwahahahaha
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    Added a rule.

If a recently added slave has a job or career, they must quit immediately. Make sure that they do not go to their job.

Which makes me think whether allowing slaves to get a job or career makes sense. In my head-canon, the slaves should not since they're in mental captivity.
  • Options
    CupcakeWitchCupcakeWitch Posts: 542 Member
    Ooh I want to try this at some point. I have so many townies I can use.

What if you use a butler?
    tumblr_m5yfcmiKZM1r6uev5.gif

• Options
    Ooh I want to try this at some point. I have so many townies I can use.

What if you use a butler?

Happy you're interested!

Butlers are considered professional services, so you can't use them.
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    Hmmm... I think Hibernation needs to be banned. I will test it out tomorrow and see what will happen.

Also thinking of allowing the vampire to license songs, which means that is the only way the vampire can contribute on income.
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    Fledermaus Bend

Dear Diary,

The beat of the city is like a beating heart. Vibrant and alive. Filled with the young, the beautiful, the pure. They are out there and I feast. I have had my fill of what it has to offer, and some become fortunate to be part of my estate.

But as I become stronger, I have also developed a strange urge to hiss. Try as I might, I cannot resist nor control it. My prey would fear me when it occurs, but my powers would overwhelm them in the end.

My slaves astound me. They have created masterwork upon masterwork of their art, thus raising the value of my estate in a faster rate. To thank them, I have given them better beds. I am not cruel; I am a generous master.

A slave named Brodie had confided to me that sleeping on it feels like resting on a cloud in heaven. Stress seems to fall away quickly. I've observed that they're more energized and active when they come out of their slumber. This is reassuring. The next batch of slaves will have better quarters and will be more productive.

Yet I envy the beds they have. Blankets drawn to their chests and a soft pillow underneath their heads. What do I have? A casket. Entombed in darkness, trapped in stifling air. I would love to rest in one of these beds, yet, for some reason, the thought of laying down on these makes me feel vulnerable.

The casket will do for now. I should buy a new one.

- The Countess

Photographs Attached: http://imgur.com/a/Odimw

• Options
    Hi all, I updated the rules.

Your vampire can now make money through Licensing Songs. That's it. Any other method is forbidden for the vampire.

Also, I changed the rules for the slaves that implies that they can have children in the household. The only ones that can be moved out via Manage Household are pregnant sims, babies and toddlers. With that said, cake is strictly forbidden to age up their brood.

Also, here's the latest entry from The Blood Countess: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/15516778/#Comment_15516778
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    On second thought...

I am reinstating the rule where you need to off your Elder slave. I think this adds "challenge" to the challenge. I found out that my painter sims are getting consistent masterpieces already. Having them create throughout their Elder state will be milking it, thus making the challenge not challenging at all.

Also, it gives the player an activity for their vampire. Killing an elder sim is easy when your vampire has the Control Emotion and Deprive Needs powers. The easiest method is using Control Emotion (and is more humane). You can do "Burst of Playfulness" and then "Burst of Happiness" have them drink a Happiness Potion.

So, Elders needs to be disposed off. >:)