Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 worlds per real life continent

Comments

• Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    The three main continents? Is Africa not important? :no_mouth:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    About the only thing even remotely Canadian is GF.

:(

I'd love to see more diversity in terms of global influence in the game.
  • Options
    Omri147Omri147 Posts: 11,162 Member
    edited January 2017

I agree on that, I don't think there are any 'main' continents... They're just... continents... :|
  • Options
    OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    As to the topic of the thread, The Sims titles take place in SimNation; the very same nation state where SimCity is located. As you can see, it has geography that has no real-world equivalent. In that sense it is like Springfield from The Simpsons, which boasts similar impossible features. SimNation is, therefore, literally everywhere and nowhere.
  • Options
    SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    Omri147 wrote: »

I agree on that, I don't think there are any 'main' continents... They're just... continents... :|

Me too on this. Like um, maybe the topic starter is really young and doesn't know the continents or something :smiley:
    Africa and Australia are very much the main continents aswell.
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • Options

Let's put it this way. If you look at Earth from space, maybe from the Moon you would see the continents and islands but you will see no borders, you would see no wars and you would see no conflict. You will just the see the planet in it's natural form.

Borders only exist because people say they do. I don't think that the dinosaurs minded if they crossed between Africa and South America (when they where one) when hunting for prey or avoiding a predator.

There is no 'country' better than another as from outta space we are nothing more than a very small dot anyway :no_mouth:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    Simpkin wrote: »

Me too on this. Like um, maybe the topic starter is really young and doesn't know the continents or something :smiley:
    Africa and Australia are very much the main continents aswell.

People cannot forget Antarctica as well. It hasn't got much of a population and no established 'countries' but it is still part of our planet and is apparently the largest so really we should regard Antarctica as the most superior. It is just a bit too cold for most people to live there long term
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    edited January 2017
    I live in American, but San Myshuno is like not Tokyo, it's more like San Francisco and New York City!
    Post edited by 12JEREMIA on
  • Options
    rinre33rinre33 Posts: 697 Member
    I really enjoy the European influence but that's mostly because I grew up there. San Mayshuno is awesome as well & l like the classic feel of the other worlds. I hope we can get something influenced by the
    Mediterranean next :)
  • Options
    FallenPrinceFallenPrince Posts: 928 Member
    Simanite wrote: »
    USA>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> everywhere else in the world...

Lmao, that's rich...
  • Options
    FallenPrinceFallenPrince Posts: 928 Member
    San Myshuno can be both Asian and American. I can see it being one of the larger cities in the USA, but I can also see it being in East Asia.
  • Options
    mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    I dont see the worlds as any of the real countries or continents. I see SimNation as it's own fictional country and the worlds are different cities/provinces in the country. But that's just me.
  • Options
    Simberella777Simberella777 Posts: 480 Member
    I don't believe there was any real life continent, country, or city depicted here. It's a combination of many, making it unlike any specific place on Earth. Yes, all neighborhoods copy some American (North and South), some Asian, some European, some Middle Eastern, some Australian, and some African areas, all rolled into one. They're similar to many places, but no one specific place.

Same with Forgotten Hollow. No one specific place, but in this case, a combination of past and present ideas of what it should be like to harbor Vampires. Use your imagination as they did and enjoy it.

Many of the ideas here were taken from movies. Does anyone really think Forks, Washington was always conducive to fog or whatever certain weather needed according to the Twilight movies? Did you forget about special effects? Yeah, maybe you think Vampires now prefer Forks, WA instead of Transylvania? LOL.
  • Options
    ExxCeeExxCee Posts: 353 Member
    I would love an African world (much like we had on TS3 World Adventures) with pyramids and crazy marketplaces and opulent temples all over the place - but with a wildlife reserve, a jungle, a desert/oasis and some amazing beaches as well. A mash-up of North and South and East and West. Just all of that stuff. And loads of outfits with headdresses and glass beads.
    Origin ID: ExxCee
  • Options
    NotSpamNotSpam Posts: 2 New Member
    ExxCee wrote: »
    I would love an African world (much like we had on TS3 World Adventures) with pyramids and crazy marketplaces and opulent temples all over the place - but with a wildlife reserve, a jungle, a desert/oasis and some amazing beaches as well. A mash-up of North and South and East and West. Just all of that stuff. And loads of outfits with headdresses and glass beads.

So all of Africa in a single world, ain't like there are 54 countries in there.

Also, Simanite, Have you ever been to the US or are you in love with the concept of the US?

Anyway this thread is not about Simanite's ability to derail a thread or to start a flame war
  • Options
    NotSpam wrote: »
    ExxCee wrote: »

So all of Africa in a single world, ain't like there are 54 countries in there.

Also, Simanite, Have you ever been to the US or are you in love with the concept of the US?

Anyway this thread is not about Simanite's ability to derail a thread or to start a flame war

I do find it odd that a lot of people think that Africa is one country yet some people forget that Africa is also the location of countries like Egypt and Morocco amongst others in the north. We have had Egypt in TS3 so some part of Africa has already been covered but I have seen some other pretty good Africa themed worlds made with CAW :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    sassytxbratsassytxbrat Posts: 225 Member
    I don't believe there was any real life continent, country, or city depicted here. It's a combination of many, making it unlike any specific place on Earth. Yes, all neighborhoods copy some American (North and South), some Asian, some European, some Middle Eastern, some Australian, and some African areas, all rolled into one. They're similar to many places, but no one specific place.

Same with Forgotten Hollow. No one specific place, but in this case, a combination of past and present ideas of what it should be like to harbor Vampires. Use your imagination as they did and enjoy it.

I think this sums it up nicely. Thanks for expressing it so well. :smile:
    ~Teresa~
    My Sims 4 Gallery // EA ID: TSmetana
  • Options
    griffin1842griffin1842 Posts: 255 Member
    I'd love a world/neighborhood based on Scandinavia, perhaps a good time to add some IKEA looking furniture :wink:
  • Options
    MrMonty96MrMonty96 Posts: 1,715 Member
    You forgot Granite Falls. I think that would go in Europe.
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    edited January 2017
    I'm actually kind of hoping in the Werewolves GP we get something similar to Granite Falls. Except, it would be a Redwood, Forest... and they could add some Gaelic style

I really want to build my seemingly abandoned cliff side mansion in the woods for my werewolf family. it would have a beautiful view of the mountains, and ocean.

Sorcerers I would love another realm. tho, I would like something like England/Ireland/Scotland too.

Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    CiarassimsCiarassims Posts: 3,547 Member
    Personally I'd put oasis springs in Australia since the middle class houses give me that vibe and some parts of Australia are in the desert lol but other parts of OS remind me of Spain lol which is in Europe. And SM spice market reminds me of New York lol
    giphy_1.gif
  • Options
    emyprice95emyprice95 Posts: 344 Member
    ohmyohmy wrote: »
    TheSimer wrote: »
    mirta000 wrote: »
    leo3487 wrote: »
    Take a look at Google Earth, non-industrial cities of Germany (or "interior" as here at Argentina refer to far from capital). Windenburg is not too different than them

Not arguing about Winderburg, saying that nowhere in your mentioned places does it look like Forgotten Hollow.

San Myshuno looks very asian. Not only from the architecture, but also from the landscape.
    It has a typical asian coastline.

08768f161f1a77edf09c91fa4a642031.jpg

hong-kong.jpg?itok=QQX_m_9b
    csm_2016-10-7_17.27.40_93aaf78567.png

AVtoSR0.png

I believe one of the devs said they drew inspiration from Tokyo & it really shows wow :)

In the blog post about San Myshuno, they mentioned San Francisco, Tokyo, Sydney, Shanghai, New York and Vancouver as influences on the design of the city. :smile: (and as an Australian, the spice district immediately reminded me of Darling Harbour in Sydney - specifically the park full of greenery under the bridge!).
    I'm a CC Creator and family player that is super hyped that toddlers are back! :smiley:

My simblr is Emy the Gamer
  • Options

They meant as the three real life continents that they perceive as being represented in the game by the currently available worlds.

That being said, I would love to see more diverse places represented in the Sims series. :smile:
    I'm a CC Creator and family player that is super hyped that toddlers are back! :smiley:

• Options
    Ciarassims wrote: »
    Personally I'd put oasis springs in Australia since the middle class houses give me that vibe and some parts of Australia are in the desert lol but other parts of OS remind me of Spain lol which is in Europe. And SM spice market reminds me of New York lol

I see your point, although as an Australian, Oasis Springs just feels too American to me (of course, none of the worlds in TS4 are definitively based on any real life places, so if you imagine Oasis Springs to be in the Australian desert, then that is where it is in your game :smile: ).

That said, I definitely would like to see a TS4 world that looks like a rural Australian town. :smile: Though rural Australia varies wildly in appearance, from desert, to grassland, to rainforest, to temperate mountains.

(Off the top of my head, the movie The Dressmaker is an excellent representation of a rural Australian town in the desert, in my opinion) :lol:

• Options
    MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    emyprice95 wrote: »
    Ciarassims wrote: »

I see your point, although as an Australian, Oasis Springs just feels too American to me
    I'm an aussie too, and I agree, it's got US feel to it, not paticularly Aussie.
    (Off the top of my head, the movie The Dressmaker is an excellent representation of a rural Australian town in the desert, in my opinion) :lol:
    Dungatar
    img_1408.jpg?w=760&h=508

That is a good example of a generic idea of an Aussie town.
    Four houses, a post office, a general store, a church and a pub, all lined up along a dusty street.

Silverton is another great example
    It's got a pub, and a... whatever that other building is, and the last of the V8 interceptors, and some dust, but not much else.
    P226.jpg

AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top