Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Do You Never Play With/Use In TS4?

One time I asked the team what object is least played with and they surprisingly said the Voodoo Doll. Since then I've seen the Voodoo Doll added to the Hijinks Festival so I wonder if that statistic has changed.

With that being said, what object do you NEVER play with in TS4 and what object can you not live without?
71rbpi.png

Comments

• Options
    ohmyohmyohmyohmy Posts: 614 Member
    the voodoo doll & the object i can't live without is probably the toilet.
  • Options
    WyrrenWyrren Posts: 724 Member
    The huge cupcake maker comes to mind. Never used it.

Can't live without is harder... well, can I count toddlers? no? lol Umm... I think I put a hot tub in every house I design.
    Origin ID: Wyrren
  • Options
    cameronw209cameronw209 Posts: 1,497 Member
    Cupcake maker, rocket ship, telescope, microscope, banzai plant.
  • Options
    cheesetruckcheesetruck Posts: 2,518 Member
    I never have my Sims play with the rounded clay object thing.

I can't play without a computer in my Sim's house these days..... too many good uses for it!
  • Options
    FigwitFigwit Posts: 1,072 Member
    I put the cupcake factory at my lab. My scientist builds his baking skills when he has done his other work-related chores.

Least played, I would have to go for the voodoo doll too. I always sell it.

Can't live without? Probably the violin. All my sims learn to play the violin.
  • Options
    Uzone27Uzone27 Posts: 2,808 Member
    edited January 2017
    Photgaraphy.
    Oh and Aliens...Haven't even had a Sims be a scientist to prevent them from spawning in my game)
  • Options
    HowGreatThouArtHowGreatThouArt Posts: 1,662 Member
    Woodworking bench, cupcake maker, and bonsai tree. Basically what everyone else is saying. I don't think my Sims could live without a fridge. :p
    aSE16f8.gif
  • Options
    NiniNini Posts: 309 Member
    Never played with an alien, don't use the cupcake machine, woodworking bench and voodoo doll

Can't live without a good bed, appliances and shower/toilet
  • Options
    JerrelloJerrello Posts: 896 Member
    edited January 2017
    Never built a rocket ship, never used the freeze ray gun, or portal machine in science career, and haven't used cupcake machine but I plan to at some point.
  • Options
    srosenmundsrosenmund Posts: 33 Member
    Definitely the cupcake machine. Never used it - always took up way too much room. Not really fond of the HUGE doll houses this time around. What happened to the good old fashioned telecope? The one that's in game now is the size of a small room! Never use the hats.

Something I can't live without..... Fridge, fireplace, and computer.
    sims-sign.png
  • Options
    SnowWolf58SnowWolf58 Posts: 382 Member
    Never have used the Cupcake Machine, Voodoo Doll and agree that so many objects in Sims 4 are not to scale. When I first saw the "Telescope" and the small lots, I really wondered "WHAT" the devs were thinking. And don't even get me started on the ice cream cones and cans of juice/soda for kids. There is no excuse for this oversight to me from the creators/developers.

All my sims lots have a swimming pool even if it's in the basement or on the roof. Lifelong swimmer in RL, so all my sims are too. :)
    Ryzen 1700X • 16GB • RX 580

INFJ -A/-T
  • Options
    jimbbqjimbbq Posts: 2,734 Member
    So many things I never use or do sadly.. voodoo dolls yes I dont use, there is little to no consequence.

All GTW careers are boring so I stop playing them. Actually I havent even tried doctors yet and will probbaly never do. I do play the careers as normal non active career

I stop doing outdoor retreat vacation. I like the idea of vacation but not a huge fan of camping in the insects infested forest. I desperately wqnr vacation so I bought OR

Come to think of it I almost stop using the SPA too . I like the spa a lot in ts3 as it is an easy way to make sims happy . But sims in ts4 are already way too happy like they are constantly on weeds so there is no need to send them ro spa

• Options
    Autumn_CatsAutumn_Cats Posts: 347 Member
    Rocket ship, Clay, Cupcake machine, voodoo doll, babies, elders, telescope, swimming, hot tubs, computers, and moreee
  • Options
    Oh yea the ginormous science stuff I dont use any more!
  • Options
    dorcsyfuldorcsyful Posts: 851 Member
    I've had the game since it was released but I don't remember using the observatory EVER. Same for the cupcake machine.
    But I do love photography and painting so those are must-haves.
  • Options
    LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    I haven't used the rocket ship or the cupcake factory. I always forget the cupcake factory even exists.
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • Options
    I dunno who in the team is responsible for those giant items! Yes cupcake machine I never use too.
  • Options
    NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    I never played with the horseshoe pit. Never will. I cannot live without the yoga mat.
    I am not overjoyed with the large items, but I don't dislike them either. I just use them on community lots and not in my homes.
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • Options
    SnowWolf58SnowWolf58 Posts: 382 Member
    edited January 2017
    dorcsyful wrote: »
    I've had the game since it was released but I don't remember using the observatory EVER. Same for the cupcake machine.
    But I do love photography and painting so those are must-haves.

It's a good thing you've never used the Observatory because for a majority of the time, it pulls sims away from the things you have them queued up to do and they will spend HOURS in it. I used to have them in all my large home lots but not anymore. Same thing for the large microscope -- sims always want to use it even when they have no samples or rocks to analyze in it.

The Basketball Hoop is the newest sim magnet and I am probably going to be pulling it from my sims homes until the "attraction" level is dialed back in a patch or by a modder. It's so ridiculous that these objects are added w/out true game testing from the developers.
    Ryzen 1700X • 16GB • RX 580

INFJ -A/-T
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,602 Member
    I've used all these things that you guys have listed. :D

I guess some things that I didn't use are certain clutter items.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,406 Member
    edited January 2017
    I try to make use of everything, playing rotationally it makes sense that the different families enjoy different stuff. I've made an attempt to use all items mentioned this far. I had to quit using some OR stuff on residential lots because sims find them too attractive.

The most troublesome thing for me is probably the microscope. What kind of sim would have one at their home? A gardener who likes to research plants? All my gardeners are more downtoearth types than tech savvy, but maybe I could pull it off?

Some of my easy to use items are painting easel, guitar and hot tub.
  • Options
    SparklePlumleySparklePlumley Posts: 1,061 Member
    I do have the microscope and the observatory in a couple locations. Mainly because I love the pictures that sims can get with them. Some of them that come from the microscope are oversized as well but I think I like that. My faves are the pictures of nebulas and planets from the observatory. I added a community kitchen and put the cupcake factory in a small adjoining room. Mainly because I wanted to see what it would do and I had no room anywhere else for it. I do admit it is pretty cool and there are some really good recipes since the game menu has been expanded on, but it is just too big. I have used the voodoo doll for a sim to get back at her cheating husband. That was pretty funny. Something I use the least of all is the coffee makers and the tea maker. It's just not worth the massive bladder drain for the tiny spike in energy. My sims always end up peeing on themselves, or very close to it, whenever they drink it. The coffee pots are deco only for me. And I never use the bonsai tree, or the dirty laundry clutter objects. The motion going rig I have only used once. My sims kept flocking to it, so I got rid of it. And I have built one rocket ship at the sim lab science career place. But I never used it either. And I have only made one fountain. Not the object fountain but the one you build like a pool. I really like it though and intend on adding more if I ever have the room too. Hence, developers will you please stop making everything so dog gone big.
  • Options
    AfterMidnightAfterMidnight Posts: 1,020 Member
    The cupcake machine. I think I've only used that thing once, maybe twice since I got the game. The observatory as well. Tbh I wish they'd given us a regular telescope instead; I would have used it more.

Not sure what object I can't live without (besides the necessities of course), but whenever I have a musical sim, I tend to choose the violin over the guitar. It's my favorite string instrument, so. c': I'm also fond of the yoga mat.
  • Options
    StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    edited January 2017
    The voodoo, the cupcake machine. Also the juice boosters things you earn through whims, the"max energy/fun/social" ones. Anything to do with ghosts. I still haven't used the herbalism because I dont feel like searching everywhere for plants lol. I cannot live without the radio because i personally enjoy listening to the classic music on there and my custom music.
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.