Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What would you like to see in pets?

Comments

• Options
    ScarletPipperScarletPipper Posts: 546 Member
    I'm not sure if anyone's mentioned this yet but I gave these ideas in another Pets thread.
    -Exotic pets. You'd need to to pay a lot of money and and have an action where you fill out forms and send them via mail to get them legally. Cool exotic pets could include large lizards, chinchillas, sugar gliders, hedgehogs, etc.
    -Dog parks as a new lot type. Pet owners would go to this lot over a normal park when they want their pets to meet others of their species. Your pet would remember what pets they got along with and the ones they didn't.
    -Shelters. This could either be a new lot type or a job (which I hope could be active) If it was a retail-style lot type, then you would get two types of customers (the ones who bring pets in and the ones who intend on buying) You'd have to manage both of these types of customers while also making sure the dogs were clean and healthy.
    -Photography. At the moment, we don't have family photos and I really wish we did. Right now, we can only take pictures of two adults or two kids with the photo studio object. Maybe, we could finally get family photos with the added addition of being able to include 1-2 pets that could sit in front of the person/people/family or have certain interacting poses with them in photos.

Those with the added addition of the careers and other features past posts have mentioned, and I think we've got a really worthwhile EP.
    Sims 4 player and builder!
    37245817526_0930d9f6c5_b.jpg
    Request from me or one of my great teammates!
    Gallery | Showcase
  • Options
    A1waysAJA1waysAJ Posts: 81 Member
    I would like to see Puppies and Kittens. But I don't think they should be as tiny as they were in TS3 Pets for console. You could barely see them! Um... Dog Parks are a must. The digging skill. Dogs being able to fetch their sim a date. Cats being able capture ghosts and eat birds and fish. Pet Adoption Centers are a MUST! Maybe some more careers that have to do with pets like being a Vet, Obedience Trainer, Circus Performer. That's all I can think of at the moment...
  • Options
    I would like pets to be more like they were in Sims 2. I did not like them being playable characters that took up a slot in the household in the Sims 3. I realize others feel differently, so if there are more who like them playable, I wouldn't want to stand in their way; I just found it more realistic for my sims to have to try to "figure out" what they needed like in real life rather than being able to click on them to see.

I like it both ways. Being able to play them was cool so I could control stories but, I've learned that me having too much control I control every micro second and it's not fun. So maybe we could have the option to choose like in the gameplay options menu or something...?
  • Options
    Simmer_Ray wrote: »
    I want pets to have there own family members panel i like controlling them but they take up the space for sim family members so in less they expand the family member number i think it be nice to have there own panel i also would like to see supernatural pets

Me too! Good idea!
  • Options
    Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    Every breed of the dog and cat species and throw in some reptiles and amphibians
  • Options
    MinaiMinai Posts: 706 Member
    Raccoons, deer, other woodland creatures!
  • Options
    WEREWOLVES!
  • Options
    chestercookie189chestercookie189 Posts: 65 Member
    Minai wrote: »
    Raccoons, deer, other woodland creatures!
    YES but not as many as there were in the sims 3 pets and you should be able to keep them as pets ... maybe a new world will be in order and there should be a big park where you can take dogs to walk around and play with them and a big forest area and options to look for animals and there should be fox Burroughs and stuff !

• Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    Woohoo and Breeding locations:
    -Closets (Get Together)
    -Under the Bed
    -Bushes

Skills
    -Hunting and Fishing
    -Obedience
    -Mischief
    -Piano
    -Logic Sims and Pets with high logic can communicate an understand each other better.
    -Fitness
    -Comedy? Special Kinds of meowing/Barking things they do that make people laugh
    Swimming? Although it's not really a skill for humans
    Herbalism (OutDoor Retreat)

Careers
    Dogs can get Jobs as a Detective (Get to Work)
    Entertainer - Best in Show
    Secret Agent
    Social Media (City Living)
    Pets should be able to travel in rockets (on their own and with their human)

Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    sixdeadqueenssixdeadqueens Posts: 225 Member
    Parrots!
  • Options
    GneehGneeh Posts: 2 New Member
    Aside from all the different types of pets I think it would cool to add a Veterinarian job. The Go To Work kind of job like a Doctor, Police, and Scientist.
  • Options
    BloudwedBloudwed Posts: 463 Member
    Dunno what everyone else have written, but I would LOVE, LOVE, looooove for EA to avoid the playable-pet disaster from Sims 3. I just loathed that. How was it in Sims 2? Can't remember, but I would love for them none-the-less to avoid for us to have to actually PLAY pets. I want to keep them but not play them!
    AMB.jpg
  • Options
    LadyJesterLadyJester Posts: 606 Member
    Bloudwed wrote: »
    Dunno what everyone else have written, but I would LOVE, LOVE, looooove for EA to avoid the playable-pet disaster from Sims 3. I just loathed that. How was it in Sims 2? Can't remember, but I would love for them none-the-less to avoid for us to have to actually PLAY pets. I want to keep them but not play them!

I think in the sims 2 you couldn't play as your pet unless you used a cheat.
  • Options
    simmisammisimmisammi Posts: 63 Member
    I'd love to see cats and dogs!!! I think it would also be cool if you could get them as babies and watch them age up, and even celebrate their birthdays. Adding in outside animals would be pretty cool too, like lizards and snakes for Oasis Springs, squirrels and bunnies for Willow Creek and Windenburg. I think adding in animals for each of the worlds would be cool. Pet stores to buy pets from would be awesome, so would be going to a breeders house and picking out a pet. I also think an animal shelter would be cool since you could go adopt the stray animals.

Create-a-Pet would also be cool to me to bring it back. Same with animal traits!! I also think different breeds of animals, like with dogs an example would be a Pomeranian or German Shepard, to add to the variety of how the pets would be. Bringing minor pets back would be amazing too, along with bringing farm animals into the mix. With farm animals you could have farms and famers and raise live stock, which seems pretty cool. If that was added, I'd love to see cows, pigs, sheep, horses, chicken and roosters would be the bomb to add, farm cats and dogs, goats, and a llama ;) . It would be fun (in my opinion) to be able to raise farm animals on a farm and collect milk or wool from them, and then with the items you can collect you could sell at a farmers market. Of course, no actions that would raise the rating from T to M.
  • Options
    simmisammisimmisammi Posts: 63 Member
    simmisammi wrote: »
    I'd love to see cats and dogs!!! I think it would also be cool if you could get them as babies and watch them age up, and even celebrate their birthdays. Adding in outside animals would be pretty cool too, like lizards and snakes for Oasis Springs, squirrels and bunnies for Willow Creek and Windenburg. I think adding in animals for each of the worlds would be cool. Pet stores to buy pets from would be awesome, so would be going to a breeders house and picking out a pet. I also think an animal shelter would be cool since you could go adopt the stray animals.

Create-a-Pet would also be cool to me to bring it back. Same with animal traits!! I also think different breeds of animals, like with dogs an example would be a Pomeranian or German Shepard, to add to the variety of how the pets would be. Bringing minor pets back would be amazing too, along with bringing farm animals into the mix. With farm animals you could have farms and famers and raise live stock, which seems pretty cool. If that was added, I'd love to see cows, pigs, sheep, horses, chicken and roosters would be the bomb to add, farm cats and dogs, goats, and a llama ;) . It would be fun (in my opinion) to be able to raise farm animals on a farm and collect milk or wool from them, and then with the items you can collect you could sell at a farmers market. Of course, no actions that would raise the rating from T to M.

Something I just thought about too: along with the mention of having neighborhood animals, like the lizards and squirrels for certain worlds, it would be pretty cool to add in deer that can roam freely, mostly at night and eat plants in sims gardens!!! Bears in Granite Falls and lots of deer and other nature and wildlife animals would be awesome :p Still: no actions that would raise it from T to M, as mentioned in my post above ^^

• Options
    AvatarBoyAvatarBoy Posts: 1,147 Member
    Llama's! they're the mascot of The Sims, I've been wanting to see these things in pets for a long time
  • Options
    zdforever040212zdforever040212 Posts: 3 New Member
    I think it would be super fun having pets but not go to the extreme of being in their pov
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited February 2017
    I'm hoping for a Pet Store Venue with a new Lot Type Pet Store. I want to be able to buy Pet Supplies and Pets from the store especially small pets like snakes,birds,turtles,lizards,hamsters,gerbils and rats.

Also if they can fit it in a Zoo our sims can go to and farm animals. I'd love to see llamas as pets.
  • Options
    BilgeMouseBilgeMouse Posts: 22 Member
    I loved the Pets in Sims 3, and the Sims 4 feels incomplete without them. I'd also like to see a Farming EP. I had "farms" in Sims 3 with horses, the chicken coop, and a garden, but it would be really cool to have the option of keeping sheep, goats, pigs, cows, etc. I'd love the option to have dogs and cats "help" with farming tasks too- how cool would it be to have a Border Collie herding sheep, or have a cat keeping your barn free of rodents? Of course, to have a farm, you'd need to be able to keep more than, what was it, six? animals per household as well.

As far as cats, dogs, and horses, I really liked all the different breeds in Sims 3, and the ability to customize them, but the custom coat color/pattern tool was really frustrating. Being able to kind of "paint" markings directly onto the pets would be so much easier. I hope all the breeds of cats, dogs and horses are back and even more like their real-life counterparts- I'd love to have more options as far as size, especially for dogs, and I'd really like to see more options with altering body shape, so that Corgis and Dachshunds and Basset Hounds (etc.) have the appropriate length-to-height ratio, for example.

I think they could do without strays, aside from bogging down the game, it was just depressing- I remember seeing a stray cat outside in Sims 3 once and just as I was about to send a Sim out to interact with it, try to give it some food, Death showed up. Uggggh the feels.

Pet-related jobs would be great too- aside from farming as a career option, a veterinary clinic, grooming salon, a retail store specifically for pet-related items...

Also, it was cool in the Sims 3 that you could stop by a neighbor's house when they had animals available, but it would be nice if, when your pets have had litters, you could have the option to set your own household as having pets for adoption, so your neighbors could come by and inquire, and you could choose whether to let them adopt a puppy or kitten from you.
  • Options
    Sonia016Sonia016 Posts: 482 Member
    I think baby otter or capybara would be awesome to play as pet, we do have the pool tool in game rite? Supernatural pet like dragon?

The Sims Game
  • Options
    TerraTerra Posts: 1,353 Member
    So many great ideas in this thread!! I want...

* Very interactive birds
    * Class pets
    * Wild animals and strays to be varied depending on the world - I want foxes, raccoons, etc. that you can interact with in Granite Falls, but lizards in Oasis Springs
    * More outdoorsy careers
  • Options
    TerraTerra Posts: 1,353 Member
    So many great ideas in this thread!! I want...

* Very interactive birds
    * Class pets
    * Wild animals and strays to be varied depending on the world - I want foxes, raccoons, etc. that you can interact with in Granite Falls, but lizards in Oasis Springs
    * More outdoorsy careers
  • Options
    LadyTachunkaLadyTachunka Posts: 1,454 Member
    Hammmsteeerrrs i want hammies more so little plum shaped ones they're so smol and round and chubby
    bunnies
    puppies
    kitties
    snakes
    birds
    horses would be nice too
    fishes that you can feed
    turtles

i would like to see toddler eating the pet food again
    them sleeping in the pet beds
    maybe them releasing the rats or hamster
    maybe children bring home the class room pet
    maybe have like a pet store
    maybe cats getting curious about a tub and ended up going into the tub
    it would be cool to have an active k-9
    have pet jobs back

i also forgot potbelly pigs >w<they're sooo adorable and it would be cute to see like toddlers or kids for seasons to roll in the mud with their beloved piggy
    maybe even have like a rescue animal career
    have a vet career
    a pet shop owner
    8a35839c629b9a9f3643198909b278c0.gif Been simming since the end of sims 2~Sims Gallery ID:BSAAWaifu
  • Options
    bloodydarkanglbloodydarkangl Posts: 74 Member
    Minor pets like birds, hamsters, snakes etc..
  • Options
    ObscurusObscurus Posts: 626 Member
    Dogs: Papillon, Phalene, Lab, Bordercollie
    Cats: Ragdoll, Siamese
    Horses!!!
    Fennec foxes
    Ferrets

Gimme gimme gimme! :D