Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Music Speakers in Community Lots

Hi there,
I know this has been discussed in the past, but I still can't figure out a solution for it.
In my community lots (Festival Park, Dive Bar...etc) the wall speakers are playing classical music!
Some suggested solutions in past threads that dealt with this issue was to enter the cheat console: TestingCheatsEnabled, then Shift-Click the speakers. The only option available to me when Shift-clicking is Delete the object, nothing else.
Is there anyway to change music on community lots?

Comments

• Options
    sadiethesimmersadiethesimmer Posts: 6 New Member
    go into build mode and get a new speaker that has different music! :blush:
  • Options
    phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    edited January 2017
    Hi there,
    I know this has been discussed in the past, but I still can't figure out a solution for it.
    In my community lots (Festival Park, Dive Bar...etc) the wall speakers are playing classical music!
    Some suggested solutions in past threads that dealt with this issue was to enter the cheat console: TestingCheatsEnabled, then Shift-Click the speakers. The only option available to me when Shift-clicking is Delete the object, nothing else.
    Hi there,

I believe you have to be in build mode on the lot , use the cheat , click on the speaker and change the music. Deleting the speaker and placing a new one won't do anything as suggested above me.
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited January 2017
    Since it's a community lot, the full sequence should be:

Testingcheatsenabled true.
    Shift-click on the ground to enter Build/Buy mode on that lot (so as not to be taken back to your home lot that time).
    Then ctrl-shift-click on the speaker to change the channel.

Edit: Whoops, forgot that it's ctrl-shift-click on the speaker, not shift-click. Corrected.
    Post edited by igazor on
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    igazor wrote: »

Shift-click on the ground to enter Build/Buy mode on that lot (so as not to be taken back to your home lot that time).
    Then shift-click on the speaker to change the channel.

Interesting. I believe I changed mine while in edit town on the lot not in live mode. Its been a while since I changed the speakers
  • Options

Interesting. I believe I changed mine while in edit town on the lot not in live mode. Its been a while since I changed the speakers
    I guess that would work too. But entering Build/Buy on a commercial lot through Edit Town usually tends to cause all of the sims currently on that lot to mysteriously get transported home and then they won't care which channel of music is playing since they won't be able to hear it from there. Testingcheats Build/Buy doesn't do that. Of course, if no one was even there at the time then either way would work the same (I think).
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options

I guess that would work too. But entering Build/Buy on a commercial lot through Edit Town usually tends to cause all of the sims currently on that lot to mysteriously get transported home and then they won't care which channel of music is playing since they won't be able to hear it from there. Testingcheats Build/Buy doesn't do that. Of course, if no one was even there at the time then either way would work the same (I think).

This is true about sending sims off the lot. I usually change the speakers when there on no sims on the lot and the bar or festival is closed. If Its a lot I build, I change the speakers as soon as I place the lot since you never know what music channel the game will auto pick for the speakers
  • Options
    plushtrap_107plushtrap_107 Posts: 1,435 Member
    Just have to butt in here! Thanks guys :) Every time I try to make a seedy pub or a traditional pub, the speakers play classical music and it sounds so wrong xD
  • Options
    Just have to butt in here! Thanks guys :) Every time I try to make a seedy pub or a traditional pub, the speakers play classical music and it sounds so wrong xD

Classical might be game default. I got classical when I made a dance club.
  • Options
    Yeah, not sure I'm comfortable with this notion that seedy sims and sims who like classical music are mutually exclusive categories. Seems kind of discriminatory towards one group or the other.

But dance clubs, no I have to draw the line there as well. Usually. Maybe give them the Kids Channel if the others don't stick. :p
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    AngryPanCakeAngryPanCake Posts: 77 Member
    edited January 2017
    thanks guys, I'll give it a try...at the dive bar, some of my Sims were having hard time doing the Nae Nae dance when classical music is on!
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    still not working tried live, testingcheat, then shift on lot, click build on lot, when I shift click the speakers, only the option to delete it shows up.
    Tried edit town, testing cheats..etc...then build on lot, shift click doesn't open any menus, just grabs the speakers!
  • Options
    still not working tried live, testingcheat, then shift on lot, click build on lot, when I shift click the speakers, only the option to delete it shows up.
    Tried edit town, testing cheats..etc...then build on lot, shift click doesn't open any menus, just grabs the speakers!
    We might be giving you the wrong modifier key (sorry, my game isn't open right now...).

When you get into Build/Buy Mode either way, try ctrl-clicking on one of the speakers. Then try ctrl-shift-clicking. It has to be one of those if it's not shift-clicking.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    Alright, I think I got it:
    after testingcheats...etc, you have to be in build mode and Ctrl-Shift click the speakers then Choose>Poo (or whatever you want).
  • Options
    Ah the difference a ctrl key makes. I get so confused when I have to hit modifier keys within this game, I usually just try them all until I find the menu I was looking for. :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!