Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

5 lots? This must be a joke.

Comments

• Options
    ValmionValmion Posts: 89 Member
    Well first off, the dev's said there were only 5 lots to keep performance issues from popping up. There is a lot of detail to this game pack and I am sure a larger version of the vampire area would hurt those on low end computers.

Next, how many movies, tv shows, or novels describe vampires living in large towns, it is most often a small nest of them dwelling together. I think 5 lots with the area is fine. If you want your vampires living in larger vampire towns, then by all means, have your vampire army take over Willow Creek.

Just my thoughts, be nice, no haters :)

• Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    brendhan21 wrote: »
    personally i was not expecting anything more detailed then sixam when it came to the new world.

GTW was an actual expansion pack and we got a "world" with only 4 buildable lots (and 3 lots you need a cheat to modify) -- we're getting an additional lot with this game pack. I'm definitely moving the Goth's house (and family) to Forgotten Hollow and give the house a makeover with wallpaper/floors from Spooky Stuff and furniture from Vintage Glamour along with whatever's in the new GP.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    They didn't have to make a Neighborhood though. Could have been a "Vampires are the new things, k bye"

• Options
    ValmionValmion Posts: 89 Member
    brendhan21 wrote: »
    personally i was not expecting anything more detailed then sixam when it came to the new world.

GTW was an actual expansion pack and we got a "world" with only 4 buildable lots (and 3 lots you need a cheat to modify) -- we're getting an additional lot with this game pack. I'm definitely moving the Goth's house (and family) to Forgotten Hollow and give the house a makeover with wallpaper/floors from Spooky Stuff and furniture from Vintage Glamour along with whatever's in the new GP.

I have already decided, Bella Goth is my first vampire.
  • Options
    Looks like it has a park. Notice the fountain.
    28.jpg

The blog says the 5 lots surround some sort of plaza -- maybe that's the park-like feature in the screenshot.
  • Options
    Valmion wrote: »
    Well first off, the dev's said there were only 5 lots to keep performance issues from popping up. There is a lot of detail to this game pack and I am sure a larger version of the vampire area would hurt those on low end computers.

Next, how many movies, tv shows, or novels describe vampires living in large towns, it is most often a small nest of them dwelling together. I think 5 lots with the area is fine. If you want your vampires living in larger vampire towns, then by all means, have your vampire army take over Willow Creek.

Just my thoughts, be nice, no haters :)

If you really want a big area, move or delete all the premades from Windenburg and move your vampires there. But be prepared for the town to be pretty empty during the day when all the vamps are taking cover. :|
  • Options
    NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member
    It's not the size of the town that matters, it's how you use it. That's what the missus always tells me.

She's only got the partly right then.. poor her.
    I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • Options
    JosabellJosabell Posts: 58 Member
    Honestly I didn't even think there was going to be a new world with this pack. So I was pleasantly surprised and super excited! :)
  • Options
    lovlyblovlyb Posts: 968 Member
    I think the world size and lots are pretty fair since its only a game pack. Also I'm just fall in love with this world and whats to come with this GP.
  • Options
    TriplisTriplis Posts: 3,048 Member
    Probably a stupid question, but why do you need an insane amount of lots for this area in the first place? I think they said there are going to be non-vampire sims roaming around, so I would assume that means there will be "homeless" vanilla townies who populate the plaza, as well as vamps, and the actual people living there in residential lots.

I also fully expect that some modder is going to figure out a way to take the longer nighttime hours mechanic and add it to other neighborhoods.
    Mods moved from MTS, now hosted at: https://triplis.github.io
  • Options
    Uzone27Uzone27 Posts: 2,808 Member
    Come on, the world looks big and wonderful.

this must be another joke

Extremely pathetic. I am so disappointed. Sad I kinda feel like a hater right now, but there is no way I can defend this game.

I get where you are coming from....even though it's fairly clear what they are trying to achieve in the long run..the limited amount of lots does seem a bit stingy. Especially in cases where they have created an environment a player might want to spend a lot of time in.
    So for example if this new world has a dark dreary feel it would be nice if there were more options to build there.
    I totally get you.

Try thinking of them as neighborhoods instead of "worlds" and it'll be an easier pill to swallow, since you can access any of them from the same save file, and interact with all your CAS Sims and NPC's in one persistant "world".

If you look at it from that perspective the "World" is already just as big as the larger one's in TS3 and it will only get bigger from here.
  • Options
    okesterokester Posts: 4,136 Member
    Plus your vamps can already live in a few classic vampire locals- Willow Creek (Louisiana-esque; Interview with the Vampire, True Blood). Oasis Springs (Could be Mexico; From Dusk Till Dawn). San Myshuno (Any urban city; various vampire media). Windenberg (Not entirely sure, but seems German or could be Romanian; Nosferatu, Dracula). Use your imagination xD
    Origin ID: Okest3r_13 Check out my Sims 4 creations!
  • Options
    Gabe_ozGabe_oz Posts: 1,880 Member
    Orchid13 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if these lots will be empty? Can't have a newcrest again
    Forgotten hollow does have sims living in it, so I'd hope theyd have homes.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Gabe_oz wrote: »

It's now confirmed that there will be one unbuilt lot. No confirmation on the number of occupied lots.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    Simberella777Simberella777 Posts: 480 Member
    I am really happy that it is a residential world and not a destination world as I thought it would be. Only 5 lots? Well yes, kind of small perhaps, but I never play just totally in one world. Although this one is different with longer nighttime hours, fog and other effects which works great with vampires, I still like the way we can use what is in this Game Pack in any other world. It will be challenging, and I like that. With the vampire powers and weaknesses, which can determine how long they can handle daylight without becoming flammable, it definitely will add variety in the game since I don't want my vampires to be only of one world when I play them.
  • Options
    HucklekreeHucklekree Posts: 129 Member
    After thinking it over a bit, my first reaction has morphed as I am seeing a silver lining to this. While overall I am frustrated with lot sizes and amounts in general for sims 4; it would be awesome if this were the trend for supernaturals. Meaning each gets their own treatment in a game pack and their own special mini world to have as a homebase. That would be completely satisfactory to me. I am really loving the detail that they have put into the life state and the ambiance.
  • Options
    spotharrisspotharris Posts: 112 Member
    Hucklekree wrote: »
    After thinking it over a bit, my first reaction has morphed as I am seeing a silver lining to this. While overall I am frustrated with lot sizes and amounts in general for sims 4; it would be awesome if this were the trend for supernaturals. Meaning each gets their own treatment in a game pack and their own special mini world to have as a homebase. That would be completely satisfactory to me. I am really loving the detail that they have put into the life state and the ambiance.

Except if each occult gets its own GP, it will be a fortune. Plus for nonsupernatural fans, they won't like a series of supernatural gamepacks released in a row.
  • Options
    HucklekreeHucklekree Posts: 129 Member
    @spotharris very true.
  • Options
    okesterokester Posts: 4,136 Member
    Also, they're trying to push this as a completely new, unheard of type of world, when in reality isn't it basically a Sims 4 Midnight Hollow?
    Origin ID: Okest3r_13 Check out my Sims 4 creations!
  • Options
    TheLibrarySimTheLibrarySim Posts: 966 Member
    It's now confirmed that there will be one unbuilt lot. No confirmation on the number of occupied lots.
    Well, sure. We need one empty lot. Where else would we put The Crypt O'Night Club?

7mQr8Yt.jpg
  • Options
    legolizeitlegolizeit Posts: 51 Member
    This is just my impression based on what we know so far, but it seems to me that the gurus have been listening and have heard supernatural Sims fans saying that:

- they want supernaturals that are more fleshed out
    - they want supernaturals to have their own Real world, NOT a hidden lot or destination world.

To make the fleshed out supes a reality, they are opting for the game pack format, where the life state can be explored in depth. This creates an obvious problem with fulfilling the desire for a supernatural world. Delivering both a fleshed out life state and a fully implemented, multiple neighborhood world is impossible on a game pack budget, both time- and money-wise. Another problem is that if multiple supernatural-focused game packs are created with that model, then you are creating multiple similarly-themed world's, which is repetitive and a waste of resources.
    Based on this reasoning (and totally speculative), my guess is that they'll solve this conundrum by giving each supernatural game pack it's own neighborhood that fits into a larger supernatural world. Just like Windenberg has a countryside neighborhood, an older historical neighborhood, and a newer modern neighborhood, this supernatural world will have each neighborhood themed after the life-states in their prospective game packs. Which game packs you own would determine which neighborhoods show up in map view.
    And, this is just a super duper speculative speculation, but I would guess that we will only see 3 or 4 of these supernatural game packs, since that's how many neighborhoods there tend to be in Sims 4 world's. Since there have been more than 3 or 4 supernatural life states represented in the series over the years, I'm guessing either:

-only the most popular 3-4 supernatural life states will get their own game packs (like vampires)
    OR
    -less popular supernaturals will be less fleshed out and bundled together in game packs (for example witches and fairies or something in the same game pack, live in same neighborhood)
    OR
    -some combination of the two, or some other scenario I haven't thought of. Like I said, super duper speculative speculation here.

TL;DR - I think the 5-lot neighborhood is because they are planning on making one supe world and each supe game pack will have one neighborhood that fits there.

*I would have made my own thread for this diatribe but after 4 years I'm still considered a new member, so instead I vandalized your thread with my wall of text. Sorry!
  • Options
    MrMonty96MrMonty96 Posts: 1,715 Member
    edited January 2017
    Gabe_oz wrote: »

Well if we know from the blog post that there are five lots and one is not prebuilt, it means 4 lots are already built on.
  • Options
    brendhan21brendhan21 Posts: 3,427 Member
    City Living came out:
    - OMG! THEY ONLY FOCUSED ON THE WORLD! THE GAMEPLAY IS LIMITED!
    Vampire GP trailer came out:
    - OMG! Only 5 lots in a world! DESPICABLE!

Yup. Let's not pay attention to how much new build/buy + cas mode items we're getting, how customizable vampires are, new powers and weaknesses, the details of the world and its atmosphere. Let's only focus on the number of lots. Yup. Sounds like a good idea.

They didn't even have to include a world with a GP. Spa day came with no world, and so did Dine Out. Some of the EPs got even less than 5 lots (eg. GTW had 4 lots).

The pack is not about the world. It's about vampires.

oh i agree with you actually i am not surprised or dissapointed with the 5 lots actually. however i am hoping that one of the houses is exactly the house they put in the trailer during the fight. but who knows. as for city living. one thing i did not like was they focused on the talking toilet too much but did not allow us to build appartments because yeah they wanted to focus on the talking toliet instead.