Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

5 lots? This must be a joke.

12345679...Next

Comments

• Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    NZsimm3r wrote: »
    fullspiral wrote: »

I am looking at the "big" picture and how Sims 4 is different from our previous experiences with the sims. And yes, it is way different in many respects.

Yeah..I know, was just replying to @DecafHigh like I said... wanting more is not a bad thing. It is also not a negative statement about the game. I've clocked over 4000 hours on TS4... it's pretty difficult to make me the 'hater' here.... not that you are doing that, but many try. :)

I've never seen you as a hater. ;) I always want more too. I think they are delivering that better in 4 than they ever even could in the past.
  • Options
    NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member
    LadyJester wrote: »

I am looking at the "big" picture and how Sims 4 is different from our previous experiences with the sims. And yes, it is way different in many respects.

Yeah..I know, was just replying to @DecafHigh like I said... wanting more is not a bad thing. It is also not a negative statement about the game. I've clocked over 4000 hours on TS4... it's pretty difficult to make me the 'hater' here.... not that you are doing that, but many try. :)

Yes there is nothing wrong with wanting more. I can agree with this but there is no need for using of the words "pathetic and sad" especially if you're talking about other simmers.

I don't recall calling anyone pathetic? :o

I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • Options

I've never seen you as a hater. ;) I always want more too. I think they are delivering that better in 4 than they ever even could in the past.

I agree.. this year is shaping up rather nicely eh! I really, really hope that this is a sign for how things are going to be moving forward for TS4.

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • Options
    LadyJesterLadyJester Posts: 606 Member

Yes there is nothing wrong with wanting more. I can agree with this but there is no need for using of the words "pathetic and sad" especially if you're talking about other simmers.

Not you! But other people in the comments and I don't think it was toward them but their opinions.
  • Options

Not you! But other people in the comments and I don't think it was toward them but their opinions.

Oh right..I was going to say. I know I'm opinionated but I must have really lost the plot if I was calling people names...

• Options
    DecafHighDecafHigh Posts: 669 Member
    edited January 2017
    DecafHigh wrote: »
    /shrug The more people are willing to settle for less the more the devs will live down to those expectations. If wanting a better and fuller experience is wrong I don't wanna be right.

I agree but.... Oh dear, you are on a losing streak with this topic. Been there, done that. It's just like some people can't see that wanting more is a good thing, not a bad thing, nor an unreasonable thing. I don't know why so many simmers can not see this point and feel like they must defend the game with their last breath as I'm not against the game actually.

@DecafHigh for some reason often people in this community is ok with less and will defend that, which is fine, as everyone is entitled to their own opinion even when it does seem counter-intuitive.

I'm sure you're aware as I am that smaller neighborhoods are designed that way to ensure the performance of the game stays within certain parameters, which I find sad. Perhaps if the base specs had been at a more reasonable standard for todays gamers then we would have been able to expect more confidently.

Despite all that, this pack looks to be giving us the very best vampires we have ever seen in The Sims, which is incredibly exciting. But, like always, I'm always just that little bit disappointed that we can't have the large spaces that it seems you and I want.

Maybe the engineers will be able to satisfy the need for performance and the craving for larger spaces within the game in the future... or maybe not as I suspect it all hinges on the game engine design that was (I guess) specifically designed with small neighborhoods in mind.

Its not about winning or losing. It is what it is. No feedback is going to change it at this point. As for others, they are entitled to their opinion. If they are happy with a tiny 5 lot hood being the only thematic hood in the entire game for supernaturals, well they'll be happy then.

Performance shouldn't even be an issue. That whole design of instanced lots inside instanced hoods inside instanced worlds is supposed to solve that. Having 2 or 3 more instanced hoods with 5 instanced lots in FH shouldn't make a difference to performance.

People also seem to be under the impression we are getting lots more supernaturals down the line. Maybe, maybe not. I'm inclined to think that since Vampires were already cut out into their own GP this is all we are gonna get. I doubt we will see a separate GP for werwolves, and another for witches, and another for fairies, and another for whatever, etc., etc. I just don't see every GP for the rest of TS4 being devoted to supernaturals. That just wouldn't make much sense.

So 5 lots. That is all we get for a dark, spooky, supernatural theme in TS4. Nothing we can do about it now, but that doesn't mean I need to be happy about it. Like I said, the rest of the pack looks really good but as usual with TS4 you just don't get the full package. Everything is only ever half done.
  • Options

I agree.. this year is shaping up rather nicely eh! I really, really hope that this is a sign for how things are going to be moving forward for TS4.

I think we are finally starting to see their "vision". And it's grand.
  • Options

yeah..weird we had to wait for so long though... I guess they really should of held off releasing TS4 for a year or so. I mean had the game hit the community as it stands now the reaction would have been soooo much better.

• Options
    /shrug The more people are willing to settle for less the more the devs will live down to those expectations. If wanting a better and fuller experience is wrong I don't wanna be right.

I agree but.... Oh dear, you are on a losing streak with this topic. Been there, done that. It's just like some people can't see that wanting more is a good thing, not a bad thing, nor an unreasonable thing. I don't know why so many simmers can not see this point and feel like they must defend the game with their last breath as I'm not against the game actually.

@DecafHigh for some reason often people in this community is ok with less and will defend that, which is fine, as everyone is entitled to their own opinion even when it does seem counter-intuitive.

I'm sure you're aware as I am that smaller neighborhoods are designed that way to ensure the performance of the game stays within certain parameters, which I find sad. Perhaps if the base specs had been at a more reasonable standard for todays gamers then we would have been able to expect more confidently.

Despite all that, this pack looks to be giving us the very best vampires we have ever seen in The Sims, which is incredibly exciting. But, like always, I'm always just that little bit disappointed that we can't have the large spaces that it seems you and I want.

Maybe the engineers will be able to satisfy the need for performance and the craving for larger spaces within the game in the future... or maybe not as I suspect it all hinges on the game engine design that was (I guess) specifically designed with small neighborhoods in mind.

Its not about winning or losing. It is what it is. No feedback is going to change it at this point. As for others, they are entitled to their opinion. If they are happy with a tiny 5 lot hood being the only thematic hood in the entire game for supernaturals, well they'll be happy then.

Performance shouldn't even be an issue. That whole design of instanced lots inside instanced hoods inside instanced worlds is supposed to solve that. Having 2 or 3 more instanced hoods with 5 instanced lots in FH shouldn't make a difference to performance.

People also seem to be under the impression we are getting lots more supernaturals down the line. Maybe, maybe not. I'm inclined to think that since Vampires were already cut out into their own GP this is all we are gonna get. I doubt we will see a separate GP for werwolves, and another for witches, and another for fairies, and another for whatever, etc., etc. I just don't see every GP for the rest of TS4 being devoted to supernaturals. That just wouldn't make much sense.

So 5 lots. That is all we get we a dark, spooky, supernatural theme in TS4. Nothing we can do about it now, but that doesn't mean I need to be happy about it. Like I said, the rest of the pack looks really good but as usual with TS4 you just don't get the full package.

I also don't think we'll be seeing anymore supernaturals, I live in hope of course... but personally I doubt it.

• Options

yeah..weird we had to wait for so long though... I guess they really should of held off releasing TS4 for a year or so. I mean had the game hit the community as it stands now the reaction would have been soooo much better.

I couldn't have waited that long. I'm glad they released it when they did. There will always be simmers who have preferences in style and how they play. Even toddlers won't change that.

Those that hold on to OW and CASt won't change over no matter what, while I gladly gave those up for this.
  • Options

I couldn't have waited that long. I'm glad they released it when they did. There will always be simmers who have preferences in style and how they play. Even toddlers won't change that.

Those that hold on to OW and CASt won't change over no matter what, while I gladly gave those up for this.

I don't really miss CaW nor CASt unless I've been building a lot, although there are many options now for building (especially when you have all the dlc). I just miss the really in-depth game play but it looks like the vamp pack is bringing this style of playing back which is part of the reason I'm really pumped for it. That and the fact that vamps are my fav sims state.

• Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited January 2017
    It's a bit disappointing with a small amount of lots, but I am not a builder, and I already like everything else in the pack so far, and Sims 4 seems to always have small neighborhoods, so I taking the stance of "it is what it is" and going with the flow.

I can't be angry or upset about every little thing in Sims 4 (or any of the past sims games), because it is not good for my mental health (I have a few mental disorders and disabilities), so I am appreciating what we are given, give some hopefully constructive feedback, and then just let things go, and move on and play.

I am going to focus on being positive, and not fear for the future, because I cannot control life, and life goes on. :smile: That is my opinion and outlook, and I am going to follow through on that.

I hope other simmers will get the content they want some day, and things keep improving for the sims franchise over time, whether it's Sims 4 or Sims 5.
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options

So 5 lots. That is all we get for a dark, spooky, supernatural theme in TS4. Nothing we can do about it now, but that doesn't mean I need to be happy about it. Like I said, the rest of the pack looks really good but as usual with TS4 you just don't get the full package. Everything is only ever half done.

I disagree that this will be "it" for all the various supernaturals. What you said is just your assumption. ( negative assumption at that)
  • Options
    AshtontoAshton22AshtontoAshton22 Posts: 1,797 Member
    Wulfsimmer wrote: »
    I can't believe people are excusing 5 lots just because it is a 'gamepack'. The only reason they would split it from the supernatural ep because there is a 'major' change, but when I saw the vampires there were only little teenie bits added to them which is not something worth the $20 asking price alone, so it must be the world right? That is what made it have its own pack, it must be! But that so-called world is only 5 lots SO WHY IS IT SPLIT TO ITS OWN GAMEPACK AGAIN? There is literally no excuse for the world to be only 5 lots, unless the vampires had a revolutionary change which they didn't. It must be either the world or vampires but when it is nothing, I fail to see why they were made to an exclusive pack. This is what is wrong with this community, we accept anything we are given to.

If you want to demolish some of the lots and make them all residential, then be my guest.
  • Options
    TriplisTriplis Posts: 3,048 Member
    edited January 2017
    Perhaps they will get some tools in down the line that will allow folks who want to make big worlds to do it themselves. I mean, there were people who thought toddlers were never going to come, or if they were, they were going to be in a pack, and they came for free and blew a lot of people away. So I wouldn't give up hope on it.

After all, there was this guru post in this thread: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/15456380#Comment_15456380
    We have a list of build-related stuff we want to add to the game. Can't give more details or timelines for when you'll see stuff, but hang in there, I promise you haven't been forgotten!
    Obviously not a promise of anything, but it shows that builders are on their list, if nothing else.
    Mods moved from MTS, now hosted at: https://triplis.github.io
  • Options
    DecafHighDecafHigh Posts: 669 Member
    @Triplis Having a CaW type tool would be nice, I'd love to recreate Midnight Hollow. Guess I've just learned not to get my hopes up with TS4. :wink:

The guru comment I thought was more just "stuff" but I suppose it could mean more tools. Terrain Tools would be great to have, really miss those.
  • Options
    TriplisTriplis Posts: 3,048 Member
    @Triplis Having a CaW type tool would be nice, I'd love to recreate Midnight Hollow. Guess I've just learned not to get my hopes up with TS4. :wink:

The guru comment I thought was more just "stuff" but I suppose it could mean more tools. Terrain Tools would be great to have, really miss those.
    I understand. It's hard to get hyped about something that may never happen. I just figured I'd point it out. It's possible that some of them are reading what you're saying and nodding in agreement, but they know they don't have the resources to make big worlds while doing all the other stuff they want to do, in a GP. They may have some motivation to get more creation tools in the hands of the players, so that they don't feel like they have to make the kind of trade-off they're doing with Vampires and neglect those want bigger worlds. Heck, the right kind of creation tools could possibly speed up their own development of worlds as well... I've no idea what they have in-house for it.
    Mods moved from MTS, now hosted at: https://triplis.github.io
  • Options
    LoveMcQueen5683LoveMcQueen5683 Posts: 3,689 Member
    I wouldn't ever expect anything more than 5-7 lots in a gamepack.
    LR3g0ni.jpg
  • Options
    mischiefluvermischiefluver Posts: 738 Member
    Even though we call them worlds, I think it is important to remember that these worlds aren't isolated like they were in TS3. Since in TS4 all the "worlds" connect to form one big world, it makes sense that some areas are smaller and bigger than others. I hated how small the business area was in Get to Work because in my mind, four lots didn't really simulate a thriving business community. But in this case, I like the idea of having a small, secluded, and almost secretive area for vampire sims. I don't want more than a few vampire sims anyway so the five lots will give me more than enough room to play with vampires and I will move some ghosts in there too.
  • Options
    Prink34320Prink34320 Posts: 5,078 Member
    TL;DR It's been part of the plan for a long time. We knew folks wanted it and so did we. We've been working on them throughout a lot of the "endless feedback".

Longer explanation:
    Toddlers are something we've desperately wanted to do since we launched. And for free as a patch too - not paid content. We felt strongly about that and it was very important to us. It took time to get everything in order (balancing SP, GP, EP, and free content development simultaneously is no easy task. It's actually quite challenging). Simple as that.

Trust me, at several points we wanted to scream from the highest mountaintop "THEY'RE COMING!" but were simply unable to. So we kept our heads down, weathered the repeated feedback, and did our best to get quality content into your hands as soon as we possibly could.

With a little luck we've made Simmers happier today and given them something to enjoy.
    I hope you all enjoy it too! You deserve it!

I'm really glad you guys can finally exhale a sigh of relief, although there were moments were I had doubts, I'm glad I didn't stop believing in you guys, I knew that you'd deliver Toddlers someday and I didn't stop believing <3

I'm just really glad that more people can finally see that you guys are giving us content that allot of us requested, that you're not only listening to our feedback but implementing them into the game, although I've said it before many times over, you've already been doing that since the launch but I hope you guys are filled with joy that more people can finally see that! :)
    Live your life to the fullest, don't wait for a miracle to happen, be the miracle to make things happen.
    Sometimes your creativity is limited where you use it most, but you can use those limitations to inspire new forms of creativity you may never have thought of beforehand.
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    edited January 2017
    I'm still not mad, How I Look at Forgotten Hollow, It's a supplement to the Lifestate.

When I first laid eyes on the map, I immediately saw Granite Falls' twin. But what I did notice, it didn't have a lot of recycled atmospheres from the other worlds, it felt different.

But come other Supernatural game packs.
    I wouldn't mind for werewolves if they added a big redwood/Briarwood/Pine forest, with wide open lakes, and mountainous terrain.
    With only a few lots.
    My only request is make one of those lots a big 64x64 lot on a cliffside over looking an ocean. And the lots should be distant from each other. because I want to create a seemingly abandoned mansion in the woods for my Werewolf family. It would look so cool.

Right now I have the mansion built in its late 1800s model, then for "85-100 years" it's going to be in it's abandoned burnt, weathered, and distressed model, and then renovations in 2017 will take place.
    Post edited by MasonGamer on
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif