Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How long have you gone without playing the sims?

Β«1
aobaob Posts: 904 Member
How long have you gone without playing the sims? I don't mean like taking a willing break from it because it's getting boring or something. I mean maybe you are too busy to play, maybe you lost your laptop if you play it on a laptop, maybe you are on vacation and you forgot to bring your laptop? Currently the last one applies to me, because I've been on vacation for about a week and I miss playing sims so dang much. It sounds stupid, but I love playing sims. And I got tons of Amazon gift cards for my birthday and Christmas, so I got basically all the expansion/stuff/game packs, so now I'm just waiting to put them in my game and play.... ugh. #thestruggleisreal
8b787dbb95ac5f2afbd53010e3e3a47f4c9ed619.gif origin id: grilledtempeh

Comments

• Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    Sometimes it's weeks on end. I get pretty busy sometimes and won't start a game up unless I have hours ( and hours) to play. and sometimes I can't decide whether to play Sims 1, 2, 3 or 4, or Medieval so I don't play any.

I have such a long to-do list and decided it just keeps getting longer because sometimes when I have a day off, I do a Sims pajama day and then feel very guilty for having not used my time more wisely.

So yeah, weeks.
  • Options
    OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    Usually when a release that interests me rolls around. I guess the most recent one was last year when Pillars of Eternity was released. Didn't play anything other than that game for about five months.
  • Options
    duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    A few months from time to time. Its not necessarily on purpose, but life sometimes just doesn't allow time. There have been self-imposed breaks as well but that's not what's being asked for. Especially this time of year. Seems like there's always somewhere to be or something that needs doing.
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • Options
    06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    About 6 months for Sims 4 and a year for Sims 3 because I have been too lazy to install it on my new laptop.
  • Options
    NotLoudonWainwrightNotLoudonWainwright Posts: 863 Member
    edited December 2016
    I quit playing Sims games from 2004 to 2013. I hated The Sims 2 when it came out, started playing other games and completely forgot about The Sims. My wife bought me The Sims 3 and a couple expansions in 2013 and I got hooked on the series again.
  • Options
    CementCement Posts: 3,505 Member
    Usually from a week to a couple months or more? Something usually less than a year.

I would get caught up with other games I could play with my friends, or school. The sims is something I enjoy playing when I want to do something more casual or when I start feeling salty from other games LOL
  • Options
    HopeyStarrHopeyStarr Posts: 1,276 Member
    During examination period I'm way too busy to play. That usually lasts for a couple of weeks. After exams are done I'm Sim Trash(tm) for a few days. (Just in case, there's no offense behind it. It's a banterful nickname my friend gives me when I spend to whole day playing).
    R5PO75w.gif?1
    *:.q."It's great being ((Queen Bee))!".q.:*
    β˜…γƒ»γƒ»γƒ»γƒ»γƒ»γƒ»β˜…γƒ»γƒ»γƒ»γƒ»γƒ»γƒ»β˜…γƒ»γƒ»γƒ»γƒ»γƒ»γƒ»β˜…
    ✧ :-"As long as I continue to believe then one day my ((dreams)) really will come true."✧ :-
  • Options
    Kilov17Kilov17 Posts: 1,795 Member
    edited December 2016
    I have taken a year to years of a break.. Sims 3 I found so many glitches that drove me nuts and drove me away from the game; There was this one glitch where a sim Townie or a household sim (after loading a 'Save') would vanish, you'd just see thought bubbles coming from the ground itself. No way to click on the sim or anything.
    I have vanishing Issues in Sims 4, but only after the 'Woo hoo in rocket' interaction, but it's easily fixed by sending the sim to the shower, so I chose to get over it. I just avoid that particular rocket interaction.
    I've entirely stopped playing Sims 3...
    Post edited by Kilov17 on
    Kilov17 (Gallery ID: SimOppresser)
    JrTlDGw.jpg
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,872 Member
    Just loaded my game for the first time since December 12. Been extremely busy at work and preparing for Christmas. So I'd have to say the longest I've gone without playing is 2 weeks. On vacation this week so now I'm ready to jump back in.
  • Options
    Rukola_SchaafRukola_Schaaf Posts: 3,065 Member
    #firstworldproblems
    i won't be participating in the forums & the gallery anymore - thanks EA
  • Options
    hannaaj22hannaaj22 Posts: 685 Member
    Sometimes up to a few months. I like to play for a few hours at a time and often life doesn't let me do that as I am so busy with other commitments. Now I've got a few days to play which will make up for the time off playing I will most likely have in January when the holidays end.
    Leon Family Tree
    Origin ID: hannaaj22
  • Options
    Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    06Bon06 wrote: Β»
    About 6 months for Sims 4 and a year for Sims 3 because I have been too lazy to install it on my new laptop.

Yeah me too, like 6 months or more
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    WillowG145WillowG145 Posts: 351 Member
    Never really stopped. I can take a pause to play others games, but no more than a month or more before I reopen my the sims3.
  • Options
    MonaveilMonaveil Posts: 652 Member
    I haven't actually played my TS4 game in over a week. The other games that I play have Winter holiday events going on with lots of activities so I've been playing those instead.

I logged in briefly to TS4 last week to try to resolve a situation that occurred in one of my saves but got irritated and logged off. It has to do with resurrecting a Sim that died of laughter. Ghosts are horrible.
  • Options
    AngelEb95AngelEb95 Posts: 1,538 Member
    I usually binge play and then go months without touching it
    attack-on-titan-attack-on-titan-s4.gif
  • Options
    MinaiMinai Posts: 706 Member
    A whole 12 hrs, Im going nuts!!!
  • Options
    NiniNini Posts: 309 Member
    About 5 days now and I miss it!!!
  • Options
    H_alcesH_alces Posts: 65 Member
    It's been a few weeks for me, personal life's been keeping me from it.
  • Options
    MarnettiMarnetti Posts: 1,047 Member
    7 months. But that's because my computer died. So I was stuck without anything Sims related for a long while.
    ~I just like lifestates. Is that too much to ask for?~
    tumblr_p4xbgrS3wO1tltr42o1_500.gif
  • Options
    x_Always_Heart_xx_Always_Heart_x Posts: 567 Member
    edited December 2016
    I haven't even moved my cursor over the The Sims 4 logo since early October.

But the last time I played TS3 was... I'm playing it now lol
  • Options
    KendranaKendrana Posts: 4,072 Member
    About three or four months. There were several semesters in my junior and senior years in college where I was so overloaded with work, there wasn't time to play even on weekends and other breaks.
  • Options
    TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    I haven't played since yesterday and hope to get in soon.I might load TS2 up instead of TS3.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • Options
    SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    I haven't played since october 5th. I got into this show so I've been watching that instead of sims but I got City Living now and plan to play over the weekend when I get my sims blog fully updated. I have to read my sims blog to remember what is going on in my game. It's been a good break though. I'm really excited to play again.
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • Options
    cheesetruckcheesetruck Posts: 2,518 Member
    I just ended a two month long break from the game. Felt a lot longer than that!
  • Options
    BlueBlack007BlueBlack007 Posts: 4,480 Member
    I go from a few weeks to like 2 months without playing the Sims, due to real life stuff, this time around it was over 2 weeks with Christmas stuff going on, and the fact I got a bad cold and had to stay in bed and rest, had to take med's to make Me sleep, so hopefully I am on the mend.