Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Disturbing new trend

Lately I'm seeing more and more people enter the sims 4 feedback forum to pick fights with others just trying to leave suggestions for the game. Some are even implying that we need to move on and leave the forums entirely. Usually it's people who love the game feeling like they need to defend it from critics. People are starting to feel like they aren't welcome to post even in an area designated to criticism.

Comments

• Options
    DarkSuperNinjaDarkSuperNinja Posts: 1,204 Member
    edited December 2016
    I generally don't go on the Feedback areas of the forum (no matter what website you go on, they're way to intense to bother with) but I'm a strong believer in speaking your mind, even if it offends or hurts people (I'm aware that not many people would agree with me, but to each their own, I guess).

My point is, both sides should be allowed to speak 100% freely and debate their opinions! Yes, it IS a feedback area, so you could argue that you shouldn't really be debating in that section. However, people are inevitably going to disagree, and they should be allowed to voice their point of view! If nobody debates in the feedback sections, The Sims Team might make decisions on the presumption that a majority of simmers want a certain update, when in reality, that group could be in the minority! By having disagreements in the feedback section, in a way, it's helping The Sims Team to decide what people want, and what people don't want!

TL;DR: Simmer disagreement is helpful to the development of TS4, as well as future games! ;)

Edit: If people are implying that other people should leave the forums etc. then they clearly don't understand what these forums are for! xD We're all Simmers here, that's why we're leaving feedback - because we care! :)
  • Options
    Swiftlover13Swiftlover13 Posts: 2,369 Member
    @DarkSuperNinja , even though it only registered as 1, just know that I clicked awesome 9 times.
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    @DarkSuperNinja , even though it only registered as 1, just know that I clicked awesome 9 times.

@Swiftlover13 Hurray! I feel appreciated! :D
    GQyOpf6.gif
  • Options
    papersuitcasepapersuitcase Posts: 838 Member
    edited December 2016
    I did witness someone today actually post in feedback telling others not to post on the forums and write a letter to ea instead of "going on and on complaining endlessly".
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    I did witness someone today actually post in feedback telling others not to post on the forums and write a letter to ea instead of "going on and on complaining endlessly".

@papersuitcase Clearly whoever wrote that post doesn't understand how the "Feedback" section is supposed to work! xD
  • Options
    aricaraiaricarai Posts: 8,984 Member
    @papersuitcase - I totally agree with this. You would think that EA would welcome constructive criticism in order to make a better game for Simmers.

I totally appreciate and can respect that TS4 is the preferred game for some, but sadly, there are other Simmers that don't feel this way and I wish that Simmers that love the game could see that side of it too, and respect it.

The Feedback section is there for feedback - it doesn't say 'The Sims 4 Positive Feedback.'
    Huh. Having been recently attacked by several people accusing me of implying that, I want to point out that the thread was in General Discussion when I posted. Threads get moved on these forums all the time. Also I would think that actually saying people shouldn't be allowed to post particular opinions would be reportable as harassment. But I also think it's really easy to see an attack where none is intended, and I would hope that none of us would assume that harassment is intended when none is evident on the surface. You and I can't see each other's thoughts and motives.

I don't think the board rules should presume ill motive or that the worst that can be read into words is what was intended. It's so easy for that to mean that people end up punished for things they never thought or intended. I worry that we'd end up with boards that aren't much use for any discussion at all - sometimes a question about someone's criticism can be interpreted as an attempt to silence. But it can equally be an attempt to understand. I don't think people should end up not speaking out of fear it will be assumed that they are trying to quash criticism and trigger a rule based on presumed guilt. Because unless you're talking about people actually saying 'Go away, you shouldn't be allowed here,' that's pretty much what the deal is: presumed guilt. I know that what was presumed about me in that thread was false (saying that just led to a doubling down of attacks on me, though). It can't be proved either way, however, and that would end up true for all sorts of cases.

@luthienrising - isn't surmising that Simmers that don't like the game should move on, in the same vain?
    I do agree with you that people shouldn't speak up out of fear; there shouldn't be any fear on these boards.

We all have one thing in common - we like The Sims (or why else would we be here?) and I think sometimes that escapes people's minds.
  • Options
    Savage_Patch_KiddSavage_Patch_Kidd Posts: 2,937 Member
    Idk? I feel it's super mild compared to when the forum was super active last year, especially around Jan/Feb.
    tumblr_oy1xa2eHV31uvsi7jo2_1280.gif
  • Options
    MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    Some are even implying that we need to move on and leave the forums entirely.
    It's a pity they don't lead by example.
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • Options
    kwanzaabotkwanzaabot Posts: 2,440 Member
    edited December 2016
    Hello, and welcome to gamer culture.

We're awful people, but 🐸🐸🐸🐸 it, we're also right, and we can prove it if we have to by vehemently arguing against everything you have to say until you agree with us.
    wJbomAo.png
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    kwanzaabot wrote: »

We're awful people, but plum it, we're also right, and we can prove it if we have to by vehemently arguing against everything you have to say until you agree with us.

@kwanzaabot The sad but true reality; a lot of gamers are self righteous poops. Everybody in life thinks they're right, or else they wouldn't state their opinions, but when you're hiding behind an avatar and an internet connection, you're going to be more brutal about, well, everything! There is NO consequence for being a self righteous poop!

You wouldn't kick your friend out of your house for having different Simming preferences, but it's fine to kick them off a forum! xD
  • Options
    Swiftlover13Swiftlover13 Posts: 2,369 Member

We're awful people, but plum it, we're also right, and we can prove it if we have to by vehemently arguing against everything you have to say until you agree with us.

@kwanzaabot The sad but true reality; a lot of gamers are self righteous poops. Everybody in life thinks they're right, or else they wouldn't state their opinions, but when you're hiding behind an avatar and an internet connection, you're going to be more brutal about, well, everything! There is NO consequence for being a self righteous poop!

You wouldn't kick your friend out of your house for having different Simming preferences, but it's fine to kick them off a forum! xD

What internet connection?
  • Options

What internet connection?

@Swiftlover13 Well, you're connected to the internet to get onto this forum right? xD
  • Options
    SimsophoniqueSimsophonique Posts: 1,410 Member
    edited December 2016
    Lately I'm seeing more and more people enter the sims 4 feedback forum to pick fights with others just trying to leave suggestions for the game. Some are even implying that we need to move on and leave the forums entirely. Usually it's people who love the game feeling like they need to defend it from critics. People are starting to feel like they aren't welcome to post even in an area designated to criticism.

You don't have to leave the forum , this is the sims 4 official forum first. You don't have to hide yourself for liking the game. There are some good in ts4 , I know a lot of people who loves it and plays it everyday.
    I was myself broken when on tumblr some people shared their hate about ts4 pictures long time ago.

I read a couple of ts4 stories and you're 🐸🐸🐸🐸 good ! I love the way you all enjoy it and thanks to all of you I pray of getting my own copy soon despite I critic it a lot. I critic the game , not people.

Believe me, even ts3 is highly criticize and it's shameful as well. I am stronger than the petty people.

Follow and read Miss V Detective (ts3 story)
    on wordpress: thesimsophonique.wp.com / on dreamwidth: simsophonique.dreamwidth.org
    Follow me on tumblr (sims only)
    simsophonique.tumblr.com (please no triggers I am autistic asperger)
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    edited December 2016

@papersuitcase Clearly whoever wrote that post doesn't understand how the "Feedback" section is supposed to work! xD

That was probably me after a good Christmas lunch and a couple of glasses of wine saying what I really felt. Some people bring up their same arguments over and over again at long length and I just got tired with it.

I always thought that Feedback was helping EA and not finding yourself in the prisoner's dock having to justify everything you say.

Giving up now. Such Simmers are driving all the positive Simmers off the Forum. That's why you don't see many people here.
  • Options
    aricaraiaricarai Posts: 8,984 Member
    Mchap353 wrote: »

That was probably me after a good Christmas lunch and a couple of glasses of wine saying what I really felt. Some people bring up their same arguments over and over again at long length and I just got tired with it.

I always thought that Feedback was helping EA and not finding yourself in the prisoner's dock having to justify everything you say.

Giving up now. Such Simmers are driving all the positive Simmers off the Forum. That's why you don't see many people here.

@Mchap353 - But I don't understand why it can't just be a conversation? Not everyone in life agrees with everyone about everything. Feedback can be a good thing if it can be handled with respect...on both sides.
  • Options
    AtomicSimmerAtomicSimmer Posts: 1,133 Member
    Things like this happen all the time its apart of the internet. I try not to let it bother me.
    ATOMICSIMMER
    Sims Fanboy
    Play with Life
  • Options
    aricarai wrote: »

@Mchap353 - But I don't understand why it can't just be a conversation? Not everyone in life agrees with everyone about everything. Feedback can be a good thing if it can be handled with respect...on both sides.

I agree with you that not everybody agrees with one another but some people are not allowed their own feedback to be valid.

My respect to all, even if I might not agree with you.

Happy New Year to everybody :)

Sad that one of my favourite singers has died. RIP George Michael. Going off Forum to play some of his music.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Huh. Having been recently attacked by several people accusing me of implying that, I want to point out that the thread was in General Discussion when I posted. Threads get moved on these forums all the time. Also I would think that actually saying people shouldn't be allowed to post particular opinions would be reportable as harassment. But I also think it's really easy to see an attack where none is intended, and I would hope that none of us would assume that harassment is intended when none is evident on the surface. You and I can't see each other's thoughts and motives.

I don't think the board rules should presume ill motive or that the worst that can be read into words is what was intended. It's so easy for that to mean that people end up punished for things they never thought or intended. I worry that we'd end up with boards that aren't much use for any discussion at all - sometimes a question about someone's criticism can be interpreted as an attempt to silence. But it can equally be an attempt to understand. I don't think people should end up not speaking out of fear it will be assumed that they are trying to quash criticism and trigger a rule based on presumed guilt. Because unless you're talking about people actually saying 'Go away, you shouldn't be allowed here,' that's pretty much what the deal is: presumed guilt. I know that what was presumed about me in that thread was false (saying that just led to a doubling down of attacks on me, though). It can't be proved either way, however, and that would end up true for all sorts of cases.

This is curious, why do you assume this complaint thread by the OP is directly related to you? Does it ring a bell, or hit home?

ETA: @papersuitcase, I agree I've complained about it for two years, but nothing is ever done.

I did not in fact assume it was about me but my recent experience is so similar - a thread now in Feedback in which several people claim that what I said implied that they should go away - that it was obviously relevant regardless. And given that people were still saying this to me on that thread within 24 hours of this thread being opened, I'd have to be particularly obtuse not to think that my experience was relevant here. And I am not particularly obtuse.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    edited December 2016

@Mchap353 (and @ anyone who has the same line of thought)

In my opinion, as well as EA being literally the worst company I've ever attempted to contact, it's good for the Feedback forum to be used as an alternative to writing a letter. A discussion thread with many people instantly agreeing or disagreeing gives much more immediate feedback, and is more likely to get responded to than a single letter to a massive worldwide company!

The internet gives such a simple and effective way to get The Sims Team's attention, as well as other peoples, and in comparison, a written angry letter or email is futile! As I've already stated earlier, by having multiple discussions addressing a certain issue or feature, and debates occurring in said discussions, it allows for The Sims Team to make a far more informed decision of what to add, remove or edit in the game!

Without these discussions going on, the TS4 and future games are less likely to captivate new players, and will alienate older players! The discussions in the Feedback sections allow everyone to have a say too, and are like their own form of idea generation (think of it as a really weird looking mind map). ;)

Also regarding "driving all the positive Simmers off the forum"; if you want to avoid negativity, the Feedback area is the worst place to go! This is the ONLY Feedback section I've been in for about over a year, and this discussion is one of the most heated discussions I've ever seen on this site!

TL;DR: If you don't like negativity or debate, you're in the wrong part of the forums. Feedback sections are designed around debates, as well as positive and negative discussion, to allow an easier and more effective way for EA to decide what to do next. By suppressing all of this discussion, we are preventing the evolution of TS4, as well as future instalments.

*drops mic*

P.S. I can't resist a debate, hence why I'm still on this discussion thread despite the fact that I hate feedback areas of forums! xD They're too depressing and angry for my liking; I don't need more depression and anger in my life thank you! :P
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    @DarkSuperNinja I can relate to and sympathise with any depression people have. I got early retired for it myself but have come out the other side of it. Turned out ten years later it was Gluten intolerance!

I gave up on debates since my opponent in one was so brilliant he later became President of the American Library Association. (shows how old I am)!

Think I have derailed this thread.
    Post edited by Simburian on