Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

MOO and Personalizing Decor

123457...Next

Comments

• Options
    wynwyn Posts: 901 Member
    Haha, thanks guys. :) I'm a sucker for gardens and general terrain stuff xD
    And yes, tree houses are great! Especially if you need extra sleeping space for kids cause you had too many or an unexpected amount or just want guests :P I know I would've loved sleeping in one as a kid, plus with the lack of weather (if you don't make it a covered one anyway), then I don't think they mind :)
    Origin ID: WyntirLily
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    I use MOO for stacking tables so that they make for better shelves - shelves hold three quarter-squares, but tables can hole a whole square.. But I also used it to put together a garden with the paint-easel instead.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    MicemSimsMicemSims Posts: 463 Member
    I was able to make this fully functioning built in bed. :) The computer at the end of the bed also works.

KCQ1C5I.jpg
  • Options
    JouvayJouvay Posts: 834 Member
    edited May 2017
    I just finished this room, I think the fountain makes a nice centerpiece for an island table:

05-28-17_6-14-31nbspPM_zpsslujcspt.png
    05-28-17_6-16-48nbspPM_zpslmdxvnfx.png
  • Options
    MrMonty96MrMonty96 Posts: 1,715 Member
    How to make a modern looking fireplace:
    jj6ncjjfz9f4imkzg.jpg
    Place the fireplace from city living between two 1 square columns
    1s9a9b8irbybp25zg.jpg
    Get a sim to light the fire, you can see my bald test sim there lol
    zt5d4ixl24f8sduzg.jpg
    Place a wall in front of the fireplace and the 2 tile window from the base game in a position where you can see the fire and there you go. I decided to add a plasma tv for that extra touch of class :D
  • Options
    NaomiSImblrNaomiSImblr Posts: 158 Member
    Love that fireplace idea
  • Options
    catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    I don't know and/or understand how to use "moo". Is this a cheat (and if so please explain how to access it); or is it a mod (and if so where do you get it)
  • Options
    aprilroseaprilrose Posts: 1,832 Member
    I don't know and/or understand how to use "moo". Is this a cheat (and if so please explain how to access it); or is it a mod (and if so where do you get it)

It's an in game cheat
    Simming for 19 years!
    Family Tree
    Playing Mod & CC Free

• Options
    damagedlostbrokendamagedlostbroken Posts: 293 Member

MOO is a cheat that you get by using the cheat window. Select ctrl shift c at once and a window pops up at the top of your screen to the left. You then type in testingcheats true and hit enter. You can also type testingcheats on. In the same window type bb.moveobjects on and hit enter. You are now able to utilize MOO! If you pick up an object say an end table that you want closer to the couch, while you're holding the table use the alt key and you can move the table to be inside the couch if you like. MOO just allows you to place objects where the game won't normally let you. :)
  • Options
    Livin in SimLivin in Sim Posts: 1,145 Member
    MrMonty96 wrote: »
    How to make a modern looking fireplace:
    jj6ncjjfz9f4imkzg.jpg
    Place the fireplace from city living between two 1 square columns
    1s9a9b8irbybp25zg.jpg
    Get a sim to light the fire, you can see my bald test sim there lol
    zt5d4ixl24f8sduzg.jpg
    Place a wall in front of the fireplace and the 2 tile window from the base game in a position where you can see the fire and there you go. I decided to add a plasma tv for that extra touch of class :D

That looks quite snazzy! How long have you left it burning? I just wondered if it would eventually start a fire. :p
  • Options
    Simsfan99111Simsfan99111 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Its really impressive what you can do with that cheat, ive seen some really amazing things on twitter posted by simmers.
  • Options
    DrnSimmerDrnSimmer Posts: 473 Member
    The only real way to landscape is with moo
    I48eGZw.jpg

Custom fire places spice things up
    SM8WuiT.jpg

Using shelves to make those small wall bookshelves bigger
    eGaLcpW.jpg

Made some temporary washing and drying machines for my laundry room
    9dqGCqx.jpg

Before we got real vanities I tried making my own
    dFkKdM6.jpg

Fancy sims that read furniture magazines get nice fire pit patio lounge areas
    BwI1Y6f.jpg
    TszwvJw.png
  • Options
    catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    DrnSimmer wrote: »
    I48eGZw.jpg

BwI1Y6f.jpg

How did you make that sunken fireplace area?
  • Options
    DrnSimmerDrnSimmer Posts: 473 Member
    I48eGZw.jpg

BwI1Y6f.jpg

I attached a square room to the deck, deleted the floor and replaced the walls with the "fence for window shopping" fence that came with GW. The fence kept the foundation in place and then I added stairs and just filled it with furniture.
    TszwvJw.png
  • Options
    Inna MinnitInna Minnit Posts: 2,008 Member
    I48eGZw.jpg

BwI1Y6f.jpg

I attached a square room to the deck, deleted the floor and replaced the walls with the "fence for window shopping" fence that came with GW. The fence kept the foundation in place and then I added stairs and just filled it with furniture.

You could have skipped the wall step and just directly place the fence.
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    @wyn woah! Your builds are absolutely amazing. Are they available for download? (Does MOO stick for downloads?)
  • Options
    Lomelindi7Lomelindi7 Posts: 1,339 Member
    MicemSims wrote: »
    I was able to make this fully functioning built in bed. :) The computer at the end of the bed also works.

KCQ1C5I.jpg
    My mind is blown. How did you put the bed up high like that?! Does it work?
  • Options
    wynwyn Posts: 901 Member
    @wyn woah! Your builds are absolutely amazing. Are they available for download? (Does MOO stick for downloads?)

Just saw this a bit late >< Thanks though! And yes, they're on my gallery (link in my sig) :)
    Origin ID: WyntirLily
  • Options
    @Lomelindi7

Sorry, I'm just seeing this now. What I did was build a 1x3 space using the 2nd half wall height and raised the bed up using the move objects cheat. Then I placed a kitchen island counter in the third square so it makes it look like the bed is built in and not floating. If you put the counters all the way under the bed it will stop the Sim from using it, so just place it in the last square and leave the remainder empty, like this:

4kjJ0ht.jpg

But what you have to do to stop the game from thinking the bed is in a separate room is build the half wall two tiles along (rather than 3) and then click on the half wall and drag it across one more square to 'enclose' it using the arrow. This will stop the game from thinking it's a separate room. Like this:

eBWkwRM.jpg

I'm really rubbish at explaining things so I hope you were able to understand that. :lol: And yep, it all works! Even the computer at the end of the bed :smile: (but they do cut into the wall when sitting on the stool).

3238xSt.jpg
    MutlMB4.jpg
    HuinUtd.jpg
  • Options
    Lomelindi7Lomelindi7 Posts: 1,339 Member
    @MicemSims Actually you did a great job of explaining! I haven't tried it yet but I think I can follow your process. Thank you so much!
  • Options
    @Lomelindi7
    You're welcome! :smile: